Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2014, 02:13 PM   #2851
sewmess
DIS Veteran

Most of the templates for a band cover is just a plain sleeve. I may just have to wait until ours come.

Love the colors on the Minnie bag. Softer than the brights of a Mickey bag should be, I think.

Weeks like this I wish I had a home business. I'd much rather be home sewing - even with a deadline - than fretting here at work because irony trumps physics and the days I have the fewest employees the most people in Alabama come to the center.

Anyway - best of luck with the list.
'90:School 3 days at 3 parks + 3day Diz cruise (pre DCL) 2004: POP, 6 months after wedding to DH 2006: ASMovies DSis 50th b'day 2008: POR Herding Cats (Apr) 2008: ASMovies Redo/Freezing Bits Off (Nov) 2009 & 2010: CBR just DH & me 2011: CBR Herding Different Cats 2012: CBR Alone Again, Happily 2013: Time Out from the YotS 2014: Sick Trip
sewmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 06:37 PM   #2852
Hardheadedwoman
Earning My Ears

I'm so behind on this report! Your trip is so close, too!

My husband had some complications during surgery (scar tissue, etc) and had to go back for a second surgery a week later! We're just now settling back home and he's still a bit out of it. We've decided to postpone our September trip and I had to make the difficult call yesterday to get our deposit back.

We're focusing on him getting healthier and hopefully we'll be able to go in a few months.

In the meantime, I'll live vicariously through your trip report!

Lissette

Ok, off to read all the posts I've missed!
Hardheadedwoman is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2014, 07:05 PM   #2853
solana131
DIS Veteran

I told you on FB, but I love that Minnie bag! Like....I think it is my favorite so far. So classic yet different because of the blue. Just love it.

And no, I don't think I will do a TR this time. I just don't have time at a regular computer and there is NO WAY I am doing it from my iPad. Sorry

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
solana131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 08:23 PM   #2854
Bamfield
Mouseketeer

The Minnie bag looks great

Sounds like you are almost ready to go but I would be a little intimidated with the list of things yet to do. The boys think I am crazy because we start pre-packing and I drive them nuts with second guessing up to the night before the trip.

Bamfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 01:14 AM   #2855
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
I just love Erin... One of V's dresses this year is based off of one of Little V's dresses from last year...

I know - I already feel like it's over, and I am so sad. It's coming so quickly now.
Can't wait to see what it is!!

Ahhh I hate when trip come to an end before they have even started.

Wait this isn't the way to WDW! TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3346971
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 01:49 AM   #2856
pigletgirl
You do have a life. It is just in cyber world
If its chocolate I'll eat it!

That Minnie bag is just awesome! You have incredible skills!

My DD who is 1 was looking with me and immediately said "Nee Nee" aka Minnie, so you have her approval too!

How long have you been sewing?

I've been BOO'ed by GoofyinToronto!
pigletgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 08:00 AM   #2857
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniMorris View Post
So CLOSE!

How do I know? Simple, I like to believe the closeness of the trip is in direct proportion to your to do list!

Nini
Hahaha... Unless someone ADDS a last minute project to their list...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMom1981 View Post
Ahhhh I forgot to tell you I love your MB!!! Great job and design!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Thanks Ann!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogero View Post
Love love love the Minnie bag.

Excited about your auction.

Can't wait to see Vs dress.
Thanks Chiara... I can't forget to start it this morning. LOL I keep forgetting about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
The Minnie bag is very pretty, I love the blue polka dots!

I hate to tell you but I never did solve the cracking problem on the Magic Band I decorated for my February trip. I just used clear nail polish with glitter in it but it looked pretty rough by the end of the week. So instead for my May trip I bought on of the Cover Bands from DVC Central. As you can guess, I bought the Pluto one and I loved it! Once I got it on the MB straight (it took me a few tries which convinced me that taking them on and off works fine), it never peeled off at all. I'm pretty excited to see the new ones that are coming out on Friday because there are going to be some Halloween and Christmas ones. Here's a picture of it on my wrist:

THanks Ariana... Yah - I am not sure what I am going to do... It looks a little rough already, and I haven't even worn it really. Thankfully - it's just the bottom part that looks rough - the top part still looks OK I'll try to get pictures later. I think the problem is that I put on too many coats of sealer - I think I would have been better off with 2 or 3 at the most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denovagirl View Post
That list is getting MUCH smaller!!! Yay!!!!

Loooove the Minnie Bag!!
Yay!!! Unless someone adds to it...

See my above reply to Ariana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
I can't believe I missed yesterday's update.
I love your MagicBand. The design is adorable. I hope a few more coats of sealant solve the cracking problem.

It sounds like there will be a lot of new things for Olivia to see. It is always fun to show new things to people.

I love your new Minnie bag. Her face is really good. You seem to have a gift for getting the expressions right.
Thanks Sue... I do like it - but the extra layer of sealer didn't seem to help it at all, I think it may have made it worse. So sad. But I will just have to deal with it. I was planning to get a slider or two down there, so hopefully that will cover/distract from the cracking - which is probably most noticed by me.

Yes - I am very excited to show her... but I wish I would have known sooner - I may or may not have planned differently.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
i hope you get the cracks STRAIGHTENED out? :

love everything like always.. Yes your trip is coming quick..

You better get a crackin my friend..
Hahaha... Sadly - I did not... See my above reply to Ariana.

Thank you... I think I have a sickness...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWaddictt View Post
LOL.. "Duck Butt" how cute! Original outfit!

Love the magic band, hopefully you get all the cracks worked out.

Cute Minnie Bag!
Thanks! LOL

Sadly - I don't think I will... Next time, fewer layers of sealer.

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewmess View Post
Most of the templates for a band cover is just a plain sleeve. I may just have to wait until ours come.

Love the colors on the Minnie bag. Softer than the brights of a Mickey bag should be, I think.

Weeks like this I wish I had a home business. I'd much rather be home sewing - even with a deadline - than fretting here at work because irony trumps physics and the days I have the fewest employees the most people in Alabama come to the center.

Anyway - best of luck with the list.
Yah, and I haven't really seen any covers that I like. I hope you have better luck.

Thank you... It was fun to do something different.

Figures... but the problem I always run into is that because I am "home" everyone always thinks I am "available" to do stuff... So, I have to be very careful about my own schedule.

Thanks! If I could stop adding to it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardheadedwoman View Post
I'm so behind on this report! Your trip is so close, too!

My husband had some complications during surgery (scar tissue, etc) and had to go back for a second surgery a week later! We're just now settling back home and he's still a bit out of it. We've decided to postpone our September trip and I had to make the difficult call yesterday to get our deposit back.

We're focusing on him getting healthier and hopefully we'll be able to go in a few months.

In the meantime, I'll live vicariously through your trip report!

Lissette

Ok, off to read all the posts I've missed!
I am so sad to hear that you had to cancel your trip, I know how much you were looking forward to it. I sure hope you are able to reschedule soon Praying for DH to have a speedy recovery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
I told you on FB, but I love that Minnie bag! Like....I think it is my favorite so far. So classic yet different because of the blue. Just love it.

And no, I don't think I will do a TR this time. I just don't have time at a regular computer and there is NO WAY I am doing it from my iPad. Sorry
I love to hear that! I know you like a certain look to your bags, so it excites me that you've found another favorite!

Bummer - but I do understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamfield View Post
The Minnie bag looks great

Sounds like you are almost ready to go but I would be a little intimidated with the list of things yet to do. The boys think I am crazy because we start pre-packing and I drive them nuts with second guessing up to the night before the trip.
Thanks!

LOL Yah - and I just added another biggie to it last night...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
Can't wait to see what it is!!

Ahhh I hate when trip come to an end before they have even started.
I am excited to share it... All of the extras for it came yesterday - so I took a few minutes to attach them. Now, I just need to snag her long enough to do a quick model for the camera.

I know... It's so sad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletgirl View Post
That Minnie bag is just awesome! You have incredible skills!

My DD who is 1 was looking with me and immediately said "Nee Nee" aka Minnie, so you have her approval too!

How long have you been sewing?
Thanks! I taught myself how to sew at the end of 2010... Here's the link to my post about it a few years ago in my old PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...3&postcount=16

OK... All of these days are just mashing together, and speeding by faster and faster. It's quite crazy!

So, yesterday - I lifted in the morning.

Then I appliqued all day... Taking a break to bring Alli to work...

Despite appliqueing all day (part of it with Lottie on my lap while V was doing a "deep clean" on her bin) - I still did not finish the applique. I hope to finish it this morning, and then start on the assembly this afternoon. What I don't finish today will have to be finished tomorrow morning. I do not have any more time in my schedule to allow for anymore than that.

I also finished V's dress yesterday... I hope to snag her sometime this weekend to get a few pics to show you all. It's really cute and I am very happy with it.

So... On to my list of what I need to do yet... This is the plan...

* I need to finish up the large Minnie bag I made for myself - which is now my carryon. I estimate this will take me a full day or more.

* I also need to get V to finish up the 'Ohana bag. I estimate this to take a few hours after dinner one night.

* Victoria and I came up with a plan to make her a new bag for this trip... I am very excited about it, and headed off to order fabric shortly... Praying it gets here sooner rather than later, as I only have next week to work on it.

* Bff's bag...

* Olivia's bag... Both of these bags will be done the week BFF is here to help. The plan is for me to have the appliques drawn/cut/ready to sew before her week starts (so I need to find time to do this soon)... I also need to have both bags cut out and ready to quilt... So I also need to find the time to do this too. So, while BFF is quilting the bags, I will be stitching out the appliques... I hope to have them stitched out in 2 days. Then I will have one day to assemble each bag. I should be OK. I think?

As usual, I will be cutting it close - but not as close as last year, as I was designing a bag and assembling it the day before our trip.

OK - off to Etsy to order fabric!

I hope you all have a wonderful day... Wish me lots of Pixie dust today to get it all done. Prayers and Good thoughts to all!

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 12:44 PM   #2858
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

I love that they call you Mama at Starbucks!! And double chocolate chip frap is my absolute favorite!!

I do like your MB and the dots. I had pictured them much smaller, but I love those!! I'm sorry it's beginning to crack. You're right, though, probably no one else will notice. Did the girls decide to decorate theirs?

I'm in line as well as one who can't wait to see Victoria's dress and the secret project you two came up with. You do like to tease us don't you?! And how fun for the new head gear. Glad the girls loved them too.

I have to say, hats off to you for keeping up with the shred. I've never tried it, but it sounds absolutely brutal. I saw your latest before and after pics on FB and you look SERIOUSLY fabulous!!!!!!!!

So glad the truck got fixed and it was less than quoted. That doesn't happen very often!

And finally, that Minnie bag is one of my absolute favorites! Even when it's crunch time and some would cut corners. You never compromise your quality! Just beautiful work, my friend!

I hope you get lots done and can breath a little easier. You have come so far with your list. Have a great weekend!
Old 08-01-2014, 01:45 PM   #2859
sewmess
DIS Veteran

This year you'll have extra hands to help, right?

I've been a manager for years so I can schedule and I seem to work better/harder with a deadline. Even if it is one I set for myself.

Well, at least my part of camps is mainly over. I can concentrate on the thousand other things I have to do.

Have a great weekend!!
'90:School 3 days at 3 parks + 3day Diz cruise (pre DCL) 2004: POP, 6 months after wedding to DH 2006: ASMovies DSis 50th b'day 2008: POR Herding Cats (Apr) 2008: ASMovies Redo/Freezing Bits Off (Nov) 2009 & 2010: CBR just DH & me 2011: CBR Herding Different Cats 2012: CBR Alone Again, Happily 2013: Time Out from the YotS 2014: Sick Trip
sewmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 11:35 PM   #2860
dreamit
Mouseketeer

I'm all caught up and regretting that I haven't stayed current with your PTR. I read, oh, maybe the first half of your PTR, and didn't get back to it until today. (Home sick today and now all caught up!) Where to start? Well, first of all, you look amazing (even upside down )! I'm so happy for you and am thrilled that you've stayed motivated. You also sound SO happy, which is the best part!

Your PTR first really caught my attention when I noticed Allison's MN Wild shirt in the introductions--fellow Minnesotan here (St. Paul). It's actually been fun trying to guess where you live, as you mention different drive times and the hilly terrain. The best clues were the distance to Red Wing, combined with the comment about the plan to go tubing down the river. The week before the 4th, we drove down to Welch, parked, and rode our bikes with dd(7) to Red Wing for lunch. Did I park, perhaps, halfway between you and Red Wing? (I LOVE that bike trail and tubing the river, but the river was too high that day.)

There are so many things that I'm relating to in your PTR.

DD and I have APs to VF, too! DH usually works on Sat., and I figured if we go at least three Saturdays, we're ahead of the game. Also, with the AP, I've found we spend more time at the water park.

We bought the same swimsuit for our trips (black polka dot)! The only difference is that I bought the skort that has a small slit in the side. I've actually worn it a few times at the VF water park, as well as the beach, and I totally feel comfortable in it--no worrying about the girls. Also, I loved the skort so much that I got the idea to wear skorts on my trip. I don't like how I look in shorts, so had originally planned to only do sundresses. I ended up buying quite a few C9 skorts at---where else---Target (best store EVER) and Target online. I can't believe I made it this far in life without discovering the goodness of a skort--so cool and comfortable.

Oh, and I spent the 4th of July weekend at BIL's cabin on Big Sandy Lake right near...Zorbaz! We never did make it over there. I see on your photo collage that you were on Ottertail--it looked beautiful in your pictures. Oh, and I love the tradition of the 2x4.

Your purses and planned outfits are amazing. I'm going to pm you and, hopefully, you'll share your store name . I love that your outfits are understated, yet spectacular. I went to the link provided somewhere in your report that discussed the day you pulled out the sewing machine from the closet. I find it incredible how much you've accomplished in only a few years. I'm envious, AND I keep thinking about my poor sewing machine at the far back of our basement "back room". I bought it and many books with the best of intentions, but could never figure out how to thread the darn thing.

I have now subscribed, so I don't get this far behind again. Best wishes as you continue your trip planning!

Me DH DD8
dreamit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 07:51 AM   #2861
DMGeurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
I love that they call you Mama at Starbucks!! And double chocolate chip frap is my absolute favorite!!
LOL - Yes, it is quite funny. Her new Team Lead was my TL the first 4 years I worked at Target... She now calls me Momma too - and she could be my mother.

Quote:
I do like your MB and the dots. I had pictured them much smaller, but I love those!! I'm sorry it's beginning to crack. You're right, though, probably no one else will notice. Did the girls decide to decorate theirs?
Yah - I am just disappointed in the whole thing... I wish there was some way I could remove a couple layers of the sealer - I think it would be less cracky then. Oh well - it is what it is. Most of the cracks are on the bottom part where it really bends - if my wrists weren't so tiny now, it probably wouldn't be as big of a deal. Oh well - it will be cute and it will be fun, and I am sure NO ONE will notice the cracks besides me (and my girls... but I've taught them to look for details like that when looking at my bags...).

Quote:
I'm in line as well as one who can't wait to see Victoria's dress and the secret project you two came up with. You do like to tease us don't you?! And how fun for the new head gear. Glad the girls loved them too.
Well, I have to keep my boring life interesting for all of you to keep coming back right? LOL I am super excited about all of it though, and I cannot wait to share it with you all. I am just glad she wanted a new bag for the trip... This will be her first UPB.

Quote:
I have to say, hats off to you for keeping up with the shred. I've never tried it, but it sounds absolutely brutal. I saw your latest before and after pics on FB and you look SERIOUSLY fabulous!!!!!!!!
Thanks Lois - I am getting there. I still feel like I have a long ways to go. 30DS is VERY brutal... but I do have to say - I am in remarkable shape compared to last year when I did it, which makes me very proud of myself. Last year, there were moves I couldn't do - and many repetitions I couldn't complete, and now I just sail through all of it with out a problem. I still break a little sweat though - but compared to last year, where I'd be dripping wet when done - I'll take it.

Quote:
So glad the truck got fixed and it was less than quoted. That doesn't happen very often!
Me too... Josh is VERY happy. He came home the other night and he said his truck has so much more power than it's ever had and it's very responsive - barely has to touch the gas and it GOES. So amazing that such a little (but rather expensive) thing could make such a huge difference. We are so relieved though - it could have been so much worse!

Quote:
And finally, that Minnie bag is one of my absolute favorites! Even when it's crunch time and some would cut corners. You never compromise your quality! Just beautiful work, my friend
THanks Lois... The Minnie bag was actually a last minute thing... I had something else completely in mind for that bag, and I happened to be looking through my fabric the week before and saw that dot... I contacted the person who ordered it and asked her if I could do something "non-traditional" and she told me to go for it. So, I ran - and I am so happy she let me, because I love it!

Quote:
I hope you get lots done and can breath a little easier. You have come so far with your list. Have a great weekend!
Thanks Lois - but I am a total slacker... You'll see below... Sigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewmess View Post
This year you'll have extra hands to help, right?

I've been a manager for years so I can schedule and I seem to work better/harder with a deadline. Even if it is one I set for myself.

Well, at least my part of camps is mainly over. I can concentrate on the thousand other things I have to do.

Have a great weekend!!
Yes - I will have extra hands, but I am so nervous about it... I've never trusted anyone to help me with my stuff - I hope it goes OK.

Oh, I agree - I do work well with a deadline... I just feel like I have deadline after deadline right now. LOL

Good... I am glad to hear that!

Thanks Ruth - I hope you have a great weekend too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamit View Post
I'm all caught up and regretting that I haven't stayed current with your PTR. I read, oh, maybe the first half of your PTR, and didn't get back to it until today. (Home sick today and now all caught up!) Where to start? Well, first of all, you look amazing (even upside down! I'm so happy for you and am thrilled that you've stayed motivated. You also sound SO happy, which is the best part!
Well, hello there neighbor! Thank you! I do admit - I am enjoying life a lot these days, and it probably shows.

I sure hope you're feeling better soon... I hate being sick! As I am sure you do too.

Quote:
Your PTR first really caught my attention when I noticed Allison's MN Wild shirt in the introductions--fellow Minnesotan here (St. Paul). It's actually been fun trying to guess where you live, as you mention different drive times and the hilly terrain. The best clues were the distance to Red Wing, combined with the comment about the plan to go tubing down the river. The week before the 4th, we drove down to Welch, parked, and rode our bikes with dd(7) to Red Wing for lunch. Did I park, perhaps, halfway between you and Red Wing? (I LOVE that bike trail and tubing the river, but the river was too high that day.)
Hahaha... Very good... Yes, you did. You actually drove past my house on your way to Welch. Josh and I take the Jeep down to Welch all the time in the spring/summer/fall - it's our favorite drive to go on with all the hills and beautiful limestone ridges.

Oooh - that bike ride - how was it? I've always wanted to bike those trails, but from Welch to RW - that's a jaunt! Good for you! I bet it was fun too!

Yes, the river has been super high this year... We've wanted to go tubing a few times, but the tube place in Welch has been closed because of high water. They are open again - but I have no idea when we will find the time? Some day we will do it!

Quote:
There are so many things that I'm relating to in your PTR.

DD and I have APs to VF, too! DH usually works on Sat., and I figured if we go at least three Saturdays, we're ahead of the game. Also, with the AP, I've found we spend more time at the water park.
Hahaha... APs to VF are just awesome - aren't they? Such a no-brainer. They pay for themselves after 2 trips + all the other perks, like free parking and food discounts (which I never knew about until this last trip with Josh, because we never eat there, we always bring a picnic lunch). V and I have only been twice this year - sadly... Allison has been several times with her friends though - so she has definitely gotten her use out of it. As silly as it seems, we actually use our AP more in the falll, after school goes back in session... It's easier to go on weekends then. We should meet up sometime, if we can made a weekend work for both of us.

Quote:
We bought the same swimsuit for our trips (black polka dot)! The only difference is that I bought the skort that has a small slit in the side. I've actually worn it a few times at the VF water park, as well as the beach, and I totally feel comfortable in it--no worrying about the girls.
Yah - LE suits are the best! LOL - gotta love that dot one... I sure hope LE reads all the reviews for that suit, so many reviewed that they want that suit in more colors - I would FLIP if they came out with red next year! I love that suit so much - I even braved ordering one in my goal size for (hopefully) next year. After giving it much thought - I was kind of sad that I wouldn't have that suit again, seeing as mine for this year is almost too big already. I thought about doing the skort with the slit in it, but I love the flouncy one, however they changed the flounce style this year, it's not the same as last year's - so I don't like it as well.

LOL - I can talk FOREVER about LE swimsuits.

Quote:
Also, I loved the skort so much that I got the idea to wear skorts on my trip. I don't like how I look in shorts, so had originally planned to only do sundresses. I ended up buying quite a few C9 skorts at---where else---Target (best store EVER) and Target online. I can't believe I made it this far in life without discovering the goodness of a skort--so cool and comfortable.
Ooooh... Excellent idea! I love skorts too! Sadly - I don't have any. I should keep my eyes open though. And I will definitely have to look at Target - ours is so small that the selection is limited... may have to search out another Target store?

So, when is your trip? Curious...

Quote:
Oh, and I spent the 4th of July weekend at BIL's cabin on Big Sandy Lake right near...Zorbaz! We never did make it over there. I see on your photo collage that you were on Ottertail--it looked beautiful in your pictures. Oh, and I love the tradition of the 2x4.
Hmmm... Remind me where Big Sandy Lake is.... It sounds familliar.

LOL - yah - you can't go to the lake in the summer with out a visit to Zorbaz - it's tradition. There's something about standing in a mash of people when it's 150 deg. outside, trying to find an open table with a hot pizza and everyone's drinks in your hands.

Yah- that 2x4 is pretty cool... It's so fun to look on it to see where everyone ends up - and when they stop growing. And we have some TALL people in Josh's family, so they seems to grow for longer than the average person. LOL

Quote:
Your purses and planned outfits are amazing. I'm going to pm you and, hopefully, you'll share your store name . I love that your outfits are understated, yet spectacular. I went to the link provided somewhere in your report that discussed the day you pulled out the sewing machine from the closet. I find it incredible how much you've accomplished in only a few years. I'm envious, AND I keep thinking about my poor sewing machine at the far back of our basement "back room". I bought it and many books with the best of intentions, but could never figure out how to thread the darn thing.
Thank you! I have so much fun planning this stuff out... I try so hard to coordinate my outfits with my accessories - but I like my accessories to make the statement, rather than my clothes. It's super fun and we get so many comments! I am really looking forward to this year - I have quite a few customers and friends with my bags who are going to be there while we are - it should make a great "I Spy" game for us!

Thanks! I find that I must really have had a great desire to learn to sew - or I never would have accomplished as much as I did. Peronally, I don't see what I make as anything spectacular - I just do it... but it's my customers and friends who have made my business what it is, and I am so grateful! I am very lucky that people love what I make.

I sure hope you dig your machne out of your basement corner some day- it's a fun and rewarding hobby. I do recommend that you do it sooner rather than later, as my girls were 10 ^ 11 when I started sewing, and I missed out on making so many wonderful things for them - only one of the regrets I have in life.

Quote:
I have now subscribed, so I don't get this far behind again. Best wishes as you continue your trip planning!
Thanks!!! And thanks for stopping by! It was fun replying to you this morning and it will be fun having someone who is local following along! I hope we get the chance to meet up someday!

<----------- TOTAL SLACKER HERE!

Yup... Did I do anything yesterday that I was supposed to? Nope. Shame, shame on me.

Faced with a serious deadline, and what do I do? I go shopping.

OK - so I had to run to BFF's house yesterday after dropping Alli off at work... I should have known right then and there I woulnd't get anything accomplished yesterday.

She showed me what she planned to pack for Disney - and I declared a shopping emergency... It was imperative that we go find her some clothes!!! Immediately!!!!

So, we went to Kohls... Spent 3 hours there! But BFF now has a good Disney wardrobe... Nothing like mine - of course, her's is actually normal. LOL

And then there is me... With this smaller body - I have a really hard time NOT buying anything... Shame on me again...

First off - I have been looking EVERYWHERE for those darn smoothing shorts, but I have not been able to find them in my size... Found them at Kohls yesterday! Woohoo! Along with a bazillion other things... Seriously.

Among them, a new dress... LOL Gosh - I love my maxi dresses! And even though this one looks stupid on the plastic model... It's acutally quite cute on me - if I do say so myself... ANNNNNDDDD.... I purchased it in a medium!!!! I even think I could have gotten away with a small - but this dress runs BIG - trust me. So, it's a fluke thing, I promise. I know it's going with me on our trip, and I am half-way thinking I am going to switch out the dress I am wearing at 'Ohana for this one... I just love it! Even though it does NOT go with my new bag at all!

Ok - so maybe it wasn't such a fluke thing after al... I guess everything I purchased yesterday was a medium... But I really don't think I am a true medium - their stuff must run big.

So, for today... I cannot be a slacker! Too much to do!

First - it's BFF's birthday today!

We have plans this evening... but first - I MUST work this morning - and get as much done as humanly possible.

I think V and I might run to the mall later, after I work but before I meet up with BFF... There is one thing I promised I would get her, but I can't discuss it here.

Then we are meeting up with BFF... She wants to go to her local bar for her birthday drink... Which means I am her sober cab... Fine with me.

From there, we are headed to Shakopee (near Valleyfair) to see Johnny Holm... A local musician from our high school/college back roads farm field party days... yes, there is such a thing and yes, I did participate. Good times, good times... Thankfully - it's an all ages show, so the girls are coming along. They love Johnny! As does everyone up here. I actually have a video of Allison singing with the JH band about 5 years ago on my FB page... For any of you that are my friends on there and interested in seeing what he's all about.

I hope to be home at a reasonable hour tonight - but I am doubtful that will happen. We may even end up spending the night at BFF's, depending on how tired I am when we get back to her house from JH.

Wow!!! See, lots to talk about this morning! I wish I could tell you all my countdown... Let's just say - we are getting VERY close to single-digits.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Prayers and good thoughts to all of you!

D~
Old 08-02-2014, 08:04 AM   #2862
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

Just to let you know...that LE suit did come in red. It might not have been this year but it definitely has.

I saw a woman in it at the beach in May. I asked her where she got it, and she told me LE, during the winter, but she could not remember if it was this past winter or the one before. She did say she wanted to get her daughter one for their Disney cruise next winter and she could not find one on their site now.

And in case you think I am a little strange talking to a random woman at the beach about her swimsuit... that was not the total of our conversation. We are from the same small town in GA, and thought it was strange that we came all the way to Destin to meet! Her daughter was wearing a hoodie with the high school my daughter will be going to on it! And her daughter is studying to be a Special needs teacher!

Nini

Mom to Brianna and Damien
Grandma to Alyssa and Amelia
My four little reasons for Disney

Etsy id: QuiltsbyNini
http://quiltsbynini.blogspot.com/

2012? No Problem...but when?

NiniMorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 09:35 AM   #2863
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

I love the new maxi dress. I need something like that for our Sept trip. I just hate shopping, though.

Quote:
I know it's going with me on our trip, and I am half-way thinking I am going to switch out the dress I am wearing at 'Ohana for this one... I just love it! Even though it does NOT go with my new bag at all!
I think your Ohana bag is cursed.

Have a great weekend.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 10:45 AM   #2864
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

I have to ask...are you SURE that is the same dress you are in on FB? They do not look any where near the same! OK...same color...but usually they look much better on the mannequin than on real people! So I guess you are officially better looking than the mannequin!

Seriously though, that dress is adorable on you! I guess you will need to make a different bag for 'Ohana now....

Nini

Mom to Brianna and Damien
Grandma to Alyssa and Amelia
My four little reasons for Disney

Etsy id: QuiltsbyNini
http://quiltsbynini.blogspot.com/

2012? No Problem...but when?

NiniMorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 11:18 AM   #2865
DMGeurts

I wasn't going to post this picture today... but I love this dress so much, I just had to come back to post it... I think I am definitely wearing it to 'Ohana, and if not - it is certainly coming along for the trip and I will find a place to wear it. LOL

And please forgive the "just woken up" hair and no make-up... I had Alli snap this pic before she left for the day.

D~

Tags
august, bags, park bags, sewing, weight loss

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: