Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2013, 11:16 AM   #271
cogero
DIS Veteran

OMGOsh this bag is absolutely amazing. I just love this. It is fantastic. I need to make sure I get on your list next time.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 11:42 AM   #272
sunnysideup3
DIS Veteran

Amazing job on the Pocahontas bag!!! I love the colors!!!

OUR JANUARY 2015 PTR!

@quirkyinwi (Twitter) @sunnysideup3 (Instagram)

November 2001: WDW- Offsite/ December 2009: WDW- Offsite/ December 2011: WDW-POR
December 2012: WDW-POR/ Jan 2014: Disney Wonder (5 day Western Caribbean)/Jan 2015: WDW-POR
sunnysideup3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2013, 01:19 PM   #273
DisNorth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Well, here is my thought on that. 8:25 is pretty late, if your goal is an "early" ADR... By the time you get in there, seated, and get your food - it will probably be closer to 8:35 or so (but maybe not) - then I like to allow an hour + for character meals. By the time you are done, it will be about 9:30-45? Depending on your plans for the day - it might be OK if you are out that late? And with FP+ you might be able to work things better to your advantage? If you had to run for FPs - that might be a little bit different. Personally, I like my early ADRs to be before the :15 - then we can usually be out of the meal by the time the park opens, or not too far behind that, and we can run for our first FPs - again this will all change for us on our next trip with the addition of FP+. However - the benefit to the 8:25 ADR, is that you are let into the park early with the earlier ADR crowds, so it's fun to take your time getting back there and taking advantage of some of the empty park pictures you can get - so we enjoy doing that too, and sometimes it makes for a more leisurly day. Sorry - I don't think I am of much help at all in this situation.
Thanks for your thoughts, they are helpful!

Hope you get a chance to talk about your ADR's with your BFF soon.

Quote:
Wow! I just don't even know where to begin with this set.

The person who ordered this set really wanted a camera bag, but it wasn't "officially" orderable in my custom order catalog. I told her that I would do my very best.

Well, once the girls and I returned from our trip, Alli and I were talking, and we both came to the conclusion that her Up bag was a little "off" on the measurments - and it was very difficult for her to use to to carry her camera. Uh-oh... This is not good. As I knew I was planning to use that pattern to make this Pocahontas bag.

I contacted my customer, told her of our discovery, asked her if she still wanted a "camera bag" - she said she did - so I offered to redraft the pattern, essentially melding my original camera bag pattern with my newly drafted "donald duck" bag - which was a lot bigger, but the same overall shape. She gave me the go ahead to redraft the pattern and custom order it sight unseen.

It's been kind of a crazy few weeks, as I have been working on this pattern on the side, trying to make all the best attributes of both bags meld together. Not to mention - the hardest part - making the insert work.

In the end, not only did I have to redraft the entire bag pattern, but I also had to redraft the insert (so it would fit inside the bag), and also I had to scrap the smaller insert that I had originally drafted for Alli's bag - because with the resizing of the big insert, a camera would no longer fit inside the small one. Are you following all of this? I know it's a bit complicated/confusing.

But when all is said and done - I am SUPER happy with how it turned out and came together...

So, here are all the photos... Please, keep in mind - I sew... I am NOT a photographer.

I forgot to take a photo of the back of the bag, but there is a zippered pocket on the back... I designed that for a wallet/cell phone - so you could access that pocket with out digging in the main compartment and risk any of your camera accessories falling out - which is also the reason the main compartment is zippered, so you can dig in those deep front slip-in pockets under the flap with out risking losing anything that's in the main compartment.

Again - thank you all for waiting so patiently for these bag pictures.

D~
Demanding customers, eh? Glad you were able to rework the pattern. It was a lot of work to get done I love the orange.
Old 11-17-2013, 02:02 PM   #274
jodi90
Mouseketeer

Great bag!!! I love it, it looks like it will work great with or without the camera insert!!
Old 11-17-2013, 02:54 PM   #275
Pixiedust530
DIS Veteran

Just stopping by to say HI! I've been away for over a week and now I'm back catching up. Of course....I have more catching up to do on your report than anywhere else! It's all good though!

Sorry to hear that Alli was sick. Glad that she is feeling better. Loving the Pocahontas camera bag! It sounds like the redraft was a bit of a pain, but I think it turned out GREAT!!! Nice work.

BTW...just wanted to say thanks for dropping by my TR this morning to make sure all was well. It's been very crazy around here and it's always nice to have friends show concern!

Jazz Hands and Pixiedust...they go together like PB&J! - An Adult Only Oct 2013 TR
Wishin' & Hopin', Plannin' & Dreamin' - Oct. 2013 PTR
Oct. 2011 PTR - NEWS FLASH: You must be 4 years old to go to Disney World!

************************************************** ****************************************
June 1984:Offsite - June 1986:Offsite - July 1989:Contemporary - August 1992:Dixie Landings - June/July 2006:Offsite -
October 2011:All-Star Movies
Pixiedust530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:26 PM   #276
DisneyTeacher01
Mouseketeer

The Pocahontas bag takes my breathe away!!

Great job!

~Jennifer

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post51079465

2014~All Star Sports (I'm finally going back!!!)
2010~One Day only
2005~All Star Movies
2004~All Star Movies
2001~WDW College Program
1996~Off Site
DisneyTeacher01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 11:54 PM   #277
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Quote:
That is awesome Sandra! I am very happy that you were able to make that meal work for you! That must have felt fantastic!
I was very excited that it all worked out. I was afraid at first but then thought I tried my best it is what it is. When I checked my levels I couldn't have been happier!!! Thank you!!

Love the new bag!!! It looks great!! The material really goes well with Pocahontas.

Glad you were able to get out and do what you needed. Hope your able to talk to BFF soon about the ADR's.

Oh and we have now made another big change to our trip. I haven't posted yet but will hopefully do that later tonight.

What do you mean we're driving to WDW from CA? PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3179094
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 05:31 AM   #278
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogero View Post
I think part of our love of Epcot is C loves speaking to all the cast members in world showcase.

Can't wait to see your new bag set.
I agree - I love that part of Epcot too, but we need to take the time to do more of that. LOL Then we have the issue of only spending one day there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse_Mommy4 View Post
Good Morning D!

The camera bag looks awesome! Way to go on the "re-design"!!!

I just wanted to add that I am so proud of all the progress and hard work you are doing with "getting in shape" I can't wait to see the end product next summer! Hopefully I can show you a "new" me too. My oldest DD and I have been hitting the gym and eating better and my body DOES NOT like it! LOL

Have a great day D!
Thanks! I love how it turned out!

Thanks Tasha... It seems to be a never ending battle, doesn't it? I am not sure why I am finding things so much easier this time? It's the strangest thing... I am really enjoying my heavy lifting program though, it's so much fun to see how much more added strength I have as I progress. I cannot wait to see the new "us"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthequeen View Post
AWESOME bag! I love the Pocohontas!
Thank you Tess - I am very happy with how it turned out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogero View Post
OMGOsh this bag is absolutely amazing. I just love this. It is fantastic. I need to make sure I get on your list next time.
Thanks Chiara! I really love this bag a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysideup3 View Post
Amazing job on the Pocahontas bag!!! I love the colors!!!
Thank you!! I am very happy with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisNorth View Post
Thanks for your thoughts, they are helpful!

Hope you get a chance to talk about your ADR's with your BFF soon.

Demanding customers, eh? Glad you were able to rework the pattern. It was a lot of work to get done I love the orange.
Oh no!!! Not at all! I enjoyed every moment of creating this bag... It was very labor intensive, but the end result was soooo worth all of the work! I am just so very happy with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodi90 View Post
Great bag!!! I love it, it looks like it will work great with or without the camera insert!!
Thank you! It will be a great bag all on it's own - quite honestly. Since it's a combo of my original camera bag and my Donald bag - I just love it. I was able to take all the best features from both and make a really awesome bag out of the deal. And I do have to say - my Donald bag was my very favorite bag to carry on our last trip - there was soooo much more room to hold everything I had to carry (those Frog Toggs take up more room than I had anticipated). I am so glad I was able to make both patterns blend together so well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixiedust530 View Post
Just stopping by to say HI! I've been away for over a week and now I'm back catching up. Of course....I have more catching up to do on your report than anywhere else! It's all good though!

Sorry to hear that Alli was sick. Glad that she is feeling better. Loving the Pocahontas camera bag! It sounds like the redraft was a bit of a pain, but I think it turned out GREAT!!! Nice work.

BTW...just wanted to say thanks for dropping by my TR this morning to make sure all was well. It's been very crazy around here and it's always nice to have friends show concern!
Hey Stephanie!!!! Thanks so much for stopping by - so glad to see you back! I hope life slows down for you a little bit.

Oh no - I didn't mean to insinuate that the bag redraft was a pain - I hope I didn't come across that way? I am always up for a challenge - and it was a lot of fun to make 2 bags become 1 great bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyTeacher01 View Post
The Pocahontas bag takes my breathe away!!

Great job!

~Jennifer
Thanks Jennifer! I love how it turned out too! It's going to be a fantastic bag!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
I was very excited that it all worked out. I was afraid at first but then thought I tried my best it is what it is. When I checked my levels I couldn't have been happier!!! Thank you!!

Love the new bag!!! It looks great!! The material really goes well with Pocahontas.

Glad you were able to get out and do what you needed. Hope your able to talk to BFF soon about the ADR's.

Oh and we have now made another big change to our trip. I haven't posted yet but will hopefully do that later tonight.
Thanks! I sure hope that you are able to make all the necessary diet changes you need to do and it works out that way.

Yay!!! I am off to read about your trip shorly!

Wow! Yesterday did not turn out like I planned it would. Phew!

First off - I worked in my sewing room for a few hours... I managed to cut out my auction bag and make a dent in quilting it.

Then I heard all sorts of commotion downstairs... I figured I better investigate.

Yah - Alli and Josh had begun cleaning the office with out me. I walked in here and there were piles of papers/bills/garbage... YOu name it - all over the floor. I almost had a panic attack right there and then. Clutter makes me CRAZY!

So, I joined in the fun... Once we got everythig organized from the filing boxes/desk/credenza - we started on the BIG project... THE CLOSET... You all remember the closet - the one where I found my first sewing machine a few years ago... Yah - THAT closet. We emptied it totally... Years of basketballs/tennis rackets/vhs tapes/crafting supplies/school supplies... You know... All of it went into our livingroom to be sorted... I almost had a panic attack there too - I couldn't believe how much stuff we could fit into that closet! GULP! So, Alli and I sorted the entire livingroom... It was crazy! Our trash is so full that I still have a HUGE box of trash in our livingroom that I had to hold back for after our trash is picked up on Tues - that's BAD! We donated a TON of stuff... We went around to all of our various neighbors and let them pick through all of our craft supplies - getting rid of all of it. YAY!

In the end - it was a HUGE mess, but we managed to get our office back to rights. And - even better - the office closet isn't a safety hazard any more.

Along with all of this - I had to move all of my weight lifting equipment out to the livingroom for the week - because remember - Josh is home this week taking classes... So he has dibs on the office... Which means - I get to lift weights in front of the big bay window. Joy. Wish me well... And pray my neighbors don't go blind.

Anyways.... Today I will be working on finishing the quilting of my auction bag and starting the applique. This is going to be a good one! I also have a custom order this week, but I need to finish the auction bag first. I am 99% sure that I will be working on my custom order into the weekend.

Did you all see the Target ad this week???? They have a coupon in it for -$10 off of any $50 grocery purchase... With only a few limitations. You can use this coupon stacked with your other Target/manufacturer coupons + red card discounts... Not to mention - because of Thanksgiving coming so soon - they have a TON of grocery sales. This is THE week to do your grocery shopping at Target! So, on top of my busy schedule - I will also be planning several HUGE grocery trips to Target this week - since the coupon does have a limit of one per family - but I am not opposed to going to several stores. Not to mention - BFF has her additional 5% pharmacy rewards - we plan to use on Friday, as well. I should be able to get some great savings to go towards our trip this week!

OK - I better get moving on my day so I can vacate the office before Josh needs it. Have a fantastic day everyone! Prayers going out to all who need them.

ETA... I've added a progress photo to my weight loss post... Here!

D~

Last edited by DMGeurts; 11-18-2013 at 05:40 AM.
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 06:28 AM   #279
Nurse_Mommy4
DIS Veteran

OMG D!

I just checked out your weight loss progress photo and Darling you are BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Keep up the great work friend!
Old 11-18-2013, 06:51 AM   #280
babynala
DIS Veteran

The healthy lifestyle (notice I didn't say diet ) update photo is great. You can really see the change in your face in that picture. GREAT JOB. I can see your statement about wearing flip flops all year is accurate. I figured it would be too cold in MN for your toes to be exposed but I guess not. Looking forward to the next photo session with Alli.

Sounds like you had a successful shopping and cleaning weekend. It must be nice to have a clean closet again and I'm sure your neighbors loved you.

Quote:
Wow! I just don't even know where to begin with this set.

But when all is said and done - I am SUPER happy with how it turned out and came together...

So, here are all the photos... Please, keep in mind - I sew... I am NOT a photographer.

[CENTER]

D~
Phew, all that redrafting was totally worth it. That bag is absolutely perfect for a camera bag. Love the zipper to keep everything inside and the back pocket with the zipper will be great for easy access to all the necessities. The fabric is great and totally fits the theme. BUT the applique of Pocahontas is out of this world, honestly it looks like a photograph. And then the little leaf.....a perfect addition. Sorry, but I will not thumbnail these pictures.

I hope this bag makes it to AK to see Pocahontas. She is going to flip!

babynala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:04 AM   #281
cogero
DIS Veteran

I saw that coupon I have a pea pod order coming today but will be going to Target this week too. I also have coupons for baby food which is not part of the sale but is discounted.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:42 AM   #282
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Howdy!

Wow what a weekend! I have got to tell you.. I am in LOVE with the design of the Pocahontas bag!!!!
the colors are amazing too. But i am a fall person!
Glad Alli is feeling better and GREAT job on cleaning the closet! wanna come by? my entire basement has turned into an abyss. I don't go down there for ANYTHING. Too bad you haven't talked about your ADR's yet... I haven't talked to jen and family about ANYTHING yet. killing me.

Chicago Mo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:54 AM   #283
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

The Pocahontas bag is beautiful! I may have to think about a larger sized bag someday for when I go in hot weather. A little bit bigger of a bag would allow me to fit a water bottle. Of course since I already have a few of your bags I wouldn't want to take a spot until most other people have one. With the way your orders go, that could be years! I do think I have my next bag all planned out though, had a dream about it a few weeks ago.

I had a similar weekend to you. I cleaned out my "Christmas" closet. It's one of those under the steps closets that you have to bend in half to get into so I'd been putting it off. I had so much junk in there that I didn't use anymore that we filled up the entire back seat and hatch of my Equinox with stuff for goodwill. My back is not happy with me today though after all the bending!

I loved seeing the progress pictures of your weight loss. I really need to get back into working out, I've let it slide pretty badly the last couple of months and I'm going to start paying for it soon.

I'll have to keep an eye out for that Target coupon since Mom is coming here for Thanksgiving and Jim will be cooking a little bit bigger of a meal this year.
Pluto0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:17 AM   #284
Iamthequeen
DIS Veteran

You are lookin' good D~!

I cleaned out my pantry closet on Saturday. The boy scouts were having a food drive so I loaded up about 3 grocery bags for them and then got rid of all the out-of-date stuff that had been cluttering up the closet. Shelves are nearly empty now, but at least I can find what is in there. Between the closet and the freezer I filled 3 garbage bags.

Charlie is out of town this week, so I'm determined to get moving on my "healthy lifestyle" while he is gone. Got up early and walked on the treadmill first thing. Now I feel like I've been up for hours. I did get more accomplished this morning before work. I managed to clean our master bathroom, and do a load of laundry.

I stated quilting Kate's quilt over the weekend. Since I'm using the older machines - the 1926 I've named Pauline, after my grandmother - I decided to do it as a quilt-as-you-go, meaning each block is quilted and then joined to the next block. I have six blocks finished and I ran out of quilting thread, so I need to head to Joann's after work to pick up more. I love the way it is turning out.

Can't wait to see your new auction bag, but unfortunately, I won't be able to bid on it this time.
Wait.....we're staying where? and when??

2001 - All Star Movies; 2010 - POFQ; 2011 - POFQ; 2013- Caribbean Beach
Iamthequeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:26 AM   #285
Clio
Mouseketeer

I just checked out your weight loss photos. Congrats on all the progress you made. I doesn't think I'd like excerizing in front of a big window either.
I saw the Target ad this week. Sadly, I don't think I'll make it over there. I'm working 12-9 most of the week. Target is actually about a mile down the road from where I work.
Your new bag is beautiful. I'm glad you were able to get the office cleaned out?
LIz
Clio is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
august, bags, park bags, sewing, weight loss

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: