Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2013, 01:15 AM   #256
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Thanks! I was super excited to have a used on that was with in the price range I wanted to spend. Which is why it took me so long to get one in the first place, I was having such a hard time justifying it at full price. And this is how and the reason I learned to hand applique... I couldn't afford the embroidery machine - which was a God send in the end. It's given me the opportunity to learn a fun skill that I enjoy doing.
And your hand applique's are great!! So maybe it was a good thing. But now it's ordered and I'm sure you'll still do some awesome things with it.

Quote:
Thanks for the update... I just went and replied in your thread this morning.
I went looking and was happy to find it there.
Glad you found it. Once I realized I didn't update I went OOPS!! That's what I get for Dising at night when I'm exhausted.

I hope Alli feels better soon!! Can't wait to see the bag since it sounds like your so close to being done!!

Wait this isn't the way to WDW! TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3346971
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:39 AM   #257
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowellsl View Post
Congratulations on paying off your embroidery machine! That's the one most people seem to rave about! I'll be interested to see how you like it! I've had one in my cart at Amazon, but can't really justify it since I really don't think I would be using it much. I just want to play with one for a while
Thank you! I am very excited about it! I have a cart full of Heather Sue's designs, but I keep waffling back and forth on them. Nini suggested that I start with something simple - like a Minnie head applique... So, I put one in my cart, and I keep thinking to myself "I could hand applique that so easily"... But the whole point is to do something simple at first. LOL So, I went through all of her designs, and I tried to choose things that I can't do myself - which is a little difficult. I haven't pulled the trigger on my purchase yet though, I need to soon though - or I will have nothing to work with when it gets here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritsim View Post
How exciting to have a new machine on its way. Hope Ali gets better soon there is an aufull bug going around everyone is getting sick.
Thank you! I think she is starting to feel "better'... DH is going to his cousin's hockey game tonight, and with the promise of young college guys in the stands - well - I am guessing she will be feeling quite well today, whether she is or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBeBop View Post
I would love an embroidery machine. But I can't hand-embroider, and I can barely hand-sew.

Do I need to know to embroider to use an embroidery machine? Or just computer-savvy?

I want to try to machine sew again. They offer courses through my county's extension program. I tried to get into the course this fall, but it was booked solid the first day. After I got the newsletter. Yesterday, I called the extension office to inquire about winter classes. The receptionist said they won't even release the schedule until mid-January, and classes won't start until late January.

Looks like I'll be hounding them starting the first of the year.
Tess gave a really great answer below - so did Chiara. So I will just second what they say. I am quite certain there are many people who add embroideries to store bought items - so theoretically - you could get by with out sewing at all. However, I have heard that somethings are easier if you open them up to embroider... Like kids tee shirts... If you open up the side seams, then embroider, then sew the side seams back in place. I have done this with hand applique before and it works like a charm. So, I think you could get by for quite some time with out knowing how to sew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthequeen View Post
You don't need to know how to sew to use the embroidery machine - I have the same one that D~ is getting. Its more of knowing how to hoop your ready-made garment so the placement is correct - and how to thread and run the machine. You do need to be a bit computer savvy to download the patterns though.

You should also look into adult ed classes at the local high school or even at a store like JoAnn's for sewing lessons. Sometimes you can find someone in your community that offers classes too.
Thanks for taking the time to answer this Tess - I really appreciate it! I have a feeling I will be leaning heavily on my friend's PE770 knowledge in the coming weeks. Going into the machine embroidery side of sewing - I know almost nothing. However, I will admit, I am very glad that my friend loaned me her machine, I did learn a lot. And since it was a Brother - I hope that the 2 machines are similar enough that I should be able to pick up on it fairly easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
this is all greek to me... you people amaze me in how you can do this stuff.. you create your own magic and it's awe inspiring!
Hello???? We are all amazed by your photography... I am a firm believer that EVERYONE out there is blessed with a talent of some sort. Some of us sew, and some of us take amazing pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogero View Post
Yep I bought an embroidery machine before I knew how to sew and now can sew LOL. One day I want to learn hand applique but that won't be until The dumb numbness from the pregnancy carpel tunnel goes ccompletely away. Well it has only been 5 months since I had Sami so I guess there is still time.

YEah I will have to check back on the new bag. I am updating my PTR with a Mabel out fit.
I didn't know that Chiara! I never would have guessed. I knew we started sewing around the same time. You are AMAZING!!! I hope your carpel tunnel goes away soon - hand applique is so much fun to do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetly View Post
So excited to hear that you ordered your machine. You are going to love it!

Sorry to hear Alli is sick. Hope she has a speedy recovery!!

Today I get to work from home !!! I have been cleaning up my sewing area, wrapping station, cleaning the dogs kennels, disinfecting the house, laundry and anything else I can get done. Guess you can say I am multi tasking big time. I had a really bad cold for two weeks and it has put me behind on everything. So today I feel like a million bucks and I am running all over the house getting things done.

I don't remember if I mentioned it, but this past weekend my DD and I saw Lion King on Broadway. We LOVED it! It was just amazing!!! The community college that my DD attends were selling tickets and I said let's go. The price was perfect plus it included a charter bus down to the theatre. AND we had fantastic seats.

Cannot wait to see your new bag and the big secret you are working on

Have a wonderful weekend! Hope everyone stays healthy and that Alli starts to feel better.
WOW!!!! So, ya wanna come to my house??? I have a whole list of stuff to get done! Hahaha.

Ooooh - TLK sounds amazing - I bet it was soooo fun! Doing a charter bus for somethign like that would be right up my alley.

Thank you - I hope you have a wonderful weekend as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingofCastles View Post
Hope that your embroidery machine is shipped quickly! I have been looking at the se400, but it only has a 4 x 4 hoop and now I'm wondering if I would regret that decision over time. (I seem to remember that you wrote earlier about having to move the fabric for the larger names.) Thought I might post a question on the DisBoutiquers board about pros and cons of the se400.
Thank you! Well, this is my thought on it... After having the 4x4 hoop on the borrowed machine, I know I would not be happy with that size. However, I did learn a few things... Like even though it's a 4x4 hoop, it seemed that the actual embroidery space was more rectangular, so I could flip the design and make my fonts smaller, then move the names around with in the hoop - which allowed me to get more into one hooping. But that was definately a learning curve for me - and very frustrating. There were many things I had done that I had wished I could do bigger, but it all worked out. I am glad I was able to give the smaller hoop a try though, because it just reaffirmed that I really wanted a bigger hoop. Many of the Disboutiquers recommend that people purchase the largest hoop size they can afford, and I think I would have to agree with that. Unfortunately, my budget barely allowed for the smallest hoop size - so I needed to go the used route - in the end, I am certain I will be happy with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terkina View Post
How sweet of you to miss my posts

I hope Alli gets well soon and I can't wait to see your next bag. Have a great weekend
Thank you! I think she will be feeling much better today... Josh is going to a college hockey game tonight, and I don't think she will miss the opportunity to oogle at some college guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'm so sorry Alli is home sick again; hopefully the rest and a weekend home she will feel better.

Have a good weekend, friend (oh, and I did do a short update yesterday in case you missed it).
Thank you Kathy and thanks for letting me know about the update, I did miss it. I hope you have a great weekend too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewmess View Post
Sorry Alli is sick.

Have a good day sewing.

Dreamingofcastles: I've got a machine that has a 4X4 hoop and I love being able to do the fonts and stuff but I really like that I don't have the opportunity to get lazy with the appliques because most of them I do by hand. I don't mind so much the moving for bigger words/phrases. But that's me.
Thanks for answering Ruth!!! My biggest problem is aligning the words and phrases so that they are all on the same line... That is so difficult to do. I am not sure that even the biggest hoop size would be big enough for some of my needs though. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
And your hand applique's are great!! So maybe it was a good thing. But now it's ordered and I'm sure you'll still do some awesome things with it.

Glad you found it. Once I realized I didn't update I went OOPS!! That's what I get for Dising at night when I'm exhausted. :

I hope Alli feels better soon!! Can't wait to see the bag since it sounds like your so close to being done!!
Thanks Sandra! And I am glad that the diet seems to be helping. I sure hope so!

Well, I am almost done with my bag set... I have one teeny-tiny thing to do today. I am not sure when I will finish, as I have to do a Joann's run. So, I am not sure if I will have the time to get pictures posted this morning before I go, or if it will have to wait until I get home this afternoon? Overall - I am very happy with it though.

In trip planning news... I have NOT heard anything from BFF regarding my email from last week. She has some life things going on right now, so I understand why our dining reservations are the last thing on her list. I will see her today though - so I will ask about it and prod her a little bit.

I've also been having lots of customs ideas swirling around in my brain - it's a sickness really. And since this is the year of "Show your Disney Side" well - we all know I don't have a problem doing that. I have so many items drawn up - I am just not sure if I am going to be able to do them all? I am going to have to prioritize... I have a great MK bag (Donald) and I have a great DHS bag (Toy Story)... So, I need to prioritize great bags for Epcot and AK next... Epcot is soooo hard for me to do - it's just not one of my favorite parks, so nothing sticks out at me. I have LOTS of ideas for Epcot, just nothing that really relays the feeling of Epcot - if that makes any sense at all? As far as AK - I have ONE great idea, but I am not sure I can pull it off? And already - I am a little freaked out on whether I am going to get everything done in time. V has several outfits she wants for our trip... + our bags x 5+... Then BFF's and dd's bags... It promises to be an interesting year ahead.

Update on Jennifer: Some of you recall that I had asked for prayers for a Diser's dd. This Diser said I could share whatever info with you all that I chose to. Her grown dd is in the hospital, she is having issues with her bones and not being able to support her own body weight. They have run several tests, including bone scans for cancer - which have come back negative. Praise the Lord! But, at this time, they do not have a diagnosis, and things appear to not be getting better and maybe even worse. This Diser is a very good friend of mine, and I would appreciate any and all good thoughts & prayers you are willing to send their way. I know it would mean a lot to all of them.

On that note... I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I will be back at some point today to post pictures for you all!

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2013, 08:03 AM   #258
cogero
DIS Veteran

WOW I did not know that Epcot wasn't a favorite of yours. We love epcot.

Can't wait to see your latest project. The MH is just to test out the machine and get the hang of it with hooping and stuff.

I have been up several times last night due to that teething baby. It is going to be a long one.

Have a fabulous day and prayers to those that neeed them.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:14 AM   #259
npierce25
Mouseketeer

I'm amazed when you say "it would be so much easier to applique that!" That looks so challenging to me. I'm sure if I got over my intimidation I could pick it up I could pick it up. I picked up hand beading after watching a you tube video.

As for finding my sewing machine....I found it but not the foot pedal or power supply...... more hunting today before my hours spent at dance. I've been eyeing up some new machines on Amazon though.... just in case....

Can't wait to see your new bag today!
Old 11-16-2013, 06:05 PM   #260
Terkina
DIS Veteran

I can't wait to hear what your bags will be for your next WDW trip. Even if Epcot is my favorite park the only thing that's stands out for me at that park is the icon of Epcot (I have no clue on what it is actually called). Since you are making so many bags for your next trip you better start making them soon

I will have Jennifer in my thoughts. I hope they find out what is wrong soon so they hopefully can help her get better.

My Pre-Trip report My Trip report
Me Tantor Terkina Esmeralda
Terkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:17 PM   #261
LadyBeBop
DIS Veteran

Thanks with the responses. An embroidery machine is still probably out of the question though.

What a difference a year makes. Last year, I had unlimited overtime; I was taking home nearly twice as much as usual. I pretty much had my October trip paid off by Christmas.

This year, not only has overtime dried up, I had two unpaid day off. Plus we had to buy a new dishwasher, refrigerator, furnace/air conditioner and washing machine. I would love to augment my income with my crocheting. But I'm slow. And I don't think I could make much of a profit. Even if I go Etsy or eBay.

Quote:
Epcot wasn't a favorite either in our trip. In fact, we cancelled our ADR at Akershus (DGD's birthday meal), because we didn't want to spend a second day at Epcot, or spring for park hopper. We got a last minute ADR at 1900 Park Fare for her birthday, so she still saw Cinderella for her birthday.

Last edited by LadyBeBop; 11-16-2013 at 08:31 PM.
LadyBeBop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:23 PM   #262
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Quote:
Thanks Sandra! And I am glad that the diet seems to be helping. I sure hope so!
It seems to be helping as long as I watch what I'm eating. Today we went to Red Robin after Jeremy's Den outing and I looked up online last night how many carbs/sugars are in what I normally get. I was able to customize my meal on line and see what changes would happen if I took out items I knew were high in carbs. I was able to drop the carb count over half!! Plus only eating half of it made it work out even better!! Checked my number an hour later and it was way lower than I thought it would be!!!! I couldn't have been happier to know I could still go out to eat and keep my numbers low!!

Prayers for the Diser's DD. Hope they are able t figure out what's going on and soon.

Good luck with your talking to your BFF and hope things calm down for her with whatever's going on.

Can't wait to see bag pictures!!

Wait this isn't the way to WDW! TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3346971
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 11:20 PM   #263
DisNorth
DIS Veteran

Hi D, you have been busy!! The stockings look great, such a thoughtful gift that everyone can enjoy every year!

How exciting that you are getting an embroidery machine!

Hope Alison is truly feeling better,

Prayers for Jennifer, sounds very scary, I hope they can figure out diagnosis so they can treat her.

I really like Epcot
I know you guys really like AK, and Tusker House. I was wondering if you think a ARD for 8:25 when the park opens at 9 is early enough?
I am a terrible planner, I think I need some lessons from you. thank goodness January is a slow time and there are some ADRs to be had!
Old 11-17-2013, 12:52 AM   #264
nannye
DIS Veteran

Welli miss a few days f checking in and you go and get an embroidery machine! CON?gRATULATIONS I do love my pe770, not that I've used it lately. Well not entirely true. I used it for the first time ast week since last August to make my friends daughter a birthday princess shirt for their Disney trip next week. Tomorrow I have 2 shirts I need to work on doing appliques of a mckey ead and princess sofa on Tempy (aka Temperance which s aka fr Tempermental) and then I need to work on necklaces for the vendor sale next sat. Today was the scrapbooking crop my mom and I run. I am pooped!
So glad you got your pe770 I hope BFF gets back about meals.

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
nannye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:50 AM   #265
babynala
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hello???? We are all amazed by your photography... I am a firm believer that EVERYONE out there is blessed with a talent of some sort. Some of us sew, and some of us take amazing pictures.

D~
I was thinking the same exact thing when I saw Mo's post. Plus freeing ferrets from couches is a skill that I will never be able to master.

Quote:
I didn't know that Chiara! I never would have guessed. I knew we started sewing around the same time. You are AMAZING!!! I hope your carpel tunnel goes away soon - hand applique is so much fun to do!
D~
Yup, didn't know this either. I knew the Chiara was fairly new to sewing but I didn't realize you "started" with an embroidery machine. I would love to see the things that you could create with hand applique. I do hope the carpel tunnel goes away soon, I bet it makes it hard to do lots of things.

Quote:
Update on Jennifer: Some of you recall that I had asked for prayers for a Diser's dd. This Diser said I could share whatever info with you all that I chose to. Her grown dd is in the hospital, she is having issues with her bones and not being able to support her own body weight. They have run several tests, including bone scans for cancer - which have come back negative. Praise the Lord! But, at this time, they do not have a diagnosis, and things appear to not be getting better and maybe even worse. This Diser is a very good friend of mine, and I would appreciate any and all good thoughts & prayers you are willing to send their way. I know it would mean a lot to all of them.

D~
Jennifer will continue to be in my thoughts.

D~ Hope Alli is feeling better.

An Epcot bag is quite the challenge since there are so many different aspects to the park. I'm sure you will make something amazing. Maybe you should take a nap so you can get some inspiration.

babynala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:57 AM   #266
DMGeurts

Quote:

Can't wait to see your latest project. The MH is just to test out the machine and get the hang of it with hooping and stuff.

I have been up several times last night due to that teething baby. It is going to be a long one.

Have a fabulous day and prayers to those that neeed them.
Yah - I mean - we like Epcot, but it's just never been really top on our list. I feel badly saying that. We would never miss it, but we just don't spend a lot of time there. We love to ride Soarin' and the girls love Mission: Space... Test Track no longer hold much of an appeal to us at all. We like to wander around WS, and eat some of the food. But Epcot is definatly just a one day park for us, we have yet to see the magic that everyone sees there.

Yah - I know the MH is just to test it out, but it still kills me that I have to pay a whoppin' $3 for a MH design. LOL It's my tighwad tendancies that are tripping me up. LOL

I sure hope you were able to get more sleep yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by npierce25 View Post
I'm amazed when you say "it would be so much easier to applique that!" That looks so challenging to me. I'm sure if I got over my intimidation I could pick it up I could pick it up. I picked up hand beading after watching a you tube video.

As for finding my sewing machine....I found it but not the foot pedal or power supply...... more hunting today before my hours spent at dance. I've been eyeing up some new machines on Amazon though.... just in case....

Can't wait to see your new bag today!
Yah - well, hand applique has almost become second nature to me. While I had the embroidery machine, there were a few times where I went back in with my regular machine to "fix" the stitches I was not happy with that the embroidery machine did. LOL I know that most people just "back up" the embroidery machine (which I don't know how to do) - it is just easier for me to plop it under my regular machine and fix it. I have learned that hand applique does take a lot of patience and time to learn, it is an art of sorts, but it can certainly be learned. I encourage everyone to try, if it's something they are interested in doing. I love that I am not limited by size or design.

I sure hope you are able to find the other parts to your machine. I do know that replacements can be found online - so there is that option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terkina View Post
I can't wait to hear what your bags will be for your next WDW trip. Even if Epcot is my favorite park the only thing that's stands out for me at that park is the icon of Epcot (I have no clue on what it is actually called). Since you are making so many bags for your next trip you better start making them soon

I will have Jennifer in my thoughts. I hope they find out what is wrong soon so they hopefully can help her get better.
Thanks! I am kind of excited for our next trip customs as well. I am a bit nervous about some of them - as they will be a bit over the top, even for us. I worry a lot about some of the things Victoria wants to wear - she LOVES the customs, but a lot of them may be considered too young for her to wear... But then I tell myself that she just loves to have fun - and this is what makes Disney special to her. Ya know? And, yes, I do need to start working on some of these. I have a few of the Super Secret Projects to get out of the way too... I don't have anything on the schedule for the week of Thanksgiving, so I am hoping to finish the Stocking project before then and also the one big SSP. It's going to be a hectic week +.

Thank you for your prayers for Jennifer, I know her family appreciates them.

Quote:
Thanks with the responses. An embroidery machine is still probably out of the question though.

What a difference a year makes. Last year, I had unlimited overtime; I was taking home nearly twice as much as usual. I pretty much had my October trip paid off by Christmas.

This year, not only has overtime dried up, I had two unpaid day off. Plus we had to buy a new dishwasher, refrigerator, furnace/air conditioner and washing machine. I would love to augment my income with my crocheting. But I'm slow. And I don't think I could make much of a profit. Even if I go Etsy or eBay.
I agree, there is not much $$ to be had in the crafting market. I know, as far as my bags are concerned, they look like they sell for a lot of $$, but in all reality, they really don't. By the time I take off the cost of materials & fees, and consider the time I put into each one, I make less than $3/hr. I do it because I love it, it gives me a creative outlet, and because others love what I make, I do not do it for any other reason.

I hope that some day you are able to purchase an embroidery machine, if that is what you want to do. I hope your job becomes a little more stable so that the things you once did, you can do again.

Quote:
Epcot wasn't a favorite either in our trip. In fact, we cancelled our ADR at Akershus (DGD's birthday meal), because we didn't want to spend a second day at Epcot, or spring for park hopper. We got a last minute ADR at 1900 Park Fare for her birthday, so she still saw Cinderella for her birthday.
I am glad that you were still able to go to 1900PF, we did enjoy that one immensely. We do like Epcot, it's probably our least favorite though, and not for any particular reason - other than we enjoy the other parks better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
It seems to be helping as long as I watch what I'm eating. Today we went to Red Robin after Jeremy's Den outing and I looked up online last night how many carbs/sugars are in what I normally get. I was able to customize my meal on line and see what changes would happen if I took out items I knew were high in carbs. I was able to drop the carb count over half!! Plus only eating half of it made it work out even better!! Checked my number an hour later and it was way lower than I thought it would be!!!! I couldn't have been happier to know I could still go out to eat and keep my numbers low!!

Prayers for the Diser's DD. Hope they are able t figure out what's going on and soon.

Good luck with your talking to your BFF and hope things calm down for her with whatever's going on.

Can't wait to see bag pictures!!
That is awesome Sandra! I am very happy that you were able to make that meal work for you! That must have felt fantastic!

Thanks for the prayers for Jennifer - I know her family is very appreciative of them.

And thank you for the well wishes for BFF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisNorth View Post
Hi D, you have been busy!! The stockings look great, such a thoughtful gift that everyone can enjoy every year!
Thanks Tracy! I need to get them finished up - that for sure.

Quote:
How exciting that you are getting an embroidery machine!
Yes, I am very excited! I am trying to get over the fact that it's a very frivolous purchase, since I won't use it much for my business. I am hoping it will help out a lot though with our own trip customs. I am looking forward to learning a new skill.

Quote:
Hope Alison is truly feeling better,
Thank you - I think she is?

Quote:
Prayers for Jennifer, sounds very scary, I hope they can figure out diagnosis so they can treat her.
Thank you so much - we are praying for the same thing.

Quote:
I really like Epcot
I know you guys really like AK, and Tusker House. I was wondering if you think a ARD for 8:25 when the park opens at 9 is early enough?
I am a terrible planner, I think I need some lessons from you. thank goodness January is a slow time and there are some ADRs to be had!
Well, here is my thought on that. 8:25 is pretty late, if your goal is an "early" ADR... By the time you get in there, seated, and get your food - it will probably be closer to 8:35 or so (but maybe not) - then I like to allow an hour + for character meals. By the time you are done, it will be about 9:30-45? Depending on your plans for the day - it might be OK if you are out that late? And with FP+ you might be able to work things better to your advantage? If you had to run for FPs - that might be a little bit different. Personally, I like my early ADRs to be before the :15 - then we can usually be out of the meal by the time the park opens, or not too far behind that, and we can run for our first FPs - again this will all change for us on our next trip with the addition of FP+. However - the benefit to the 8:25 ADR, is that you are let into the park early with the earlier ADR crowds, so it's fun to take your time getting back there and taking advantage of some of the empty park pictures you can get - so we enjoy doing that too, and sometimes it makes for a more leisurly day. Sorry - I don't think I am of much help at all in this situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
Welli miss a few days f checking in and you go and get an embroidery machine! CON?gRATULATIONS I do love my pe770, not that I've used it lately. Well not entirely true. I used it for the first time ast week since last August to make my friends daughter a birthday princess shirt for their Disney trip next week. Tomorrow I have 2 shirts I need to work on doing appliques of a mckey ead and princess sofa on Tempy (aka Temperance which s aka fr Tempermental) and then I need to work on necklaces for the vendor sale next sat. Today was the scrapbooking crop my mom and I run. I am pooped!
So glad you got your pe770 I hope BFF gets back about meals.
Thanks Erin... I am very excited to get it - but I am a little nervous that it was such a frivolous purchase, which may/may not get as much use. I am very glad that I went the used route though - since it won't get much use, it won't matter much that it's used. I am very excited to learn a new skill with in my hobby though, and it will be fun to use it for our trips.

I hope you are able to get everything done that you need to - it sounds like you have been so busy! Send big hugs to Little V!

My sincere apologies for not getting back here yesterday to post pictures. My day just got away from me. I will get them taken and posted right away this morning for you all.

I left the house right away at 8:30 yesterday morning... I had to meet up with BFF to do some shopping/errands.

We went to Kohls first - usually, we go there last, but I wanted to go first because they usually have some sort of "power hour" specials that end by 1pm - so rather than miss them, I wanted to take advantage of them. I had a bunch of returns to do from earlier this year... Many shorts I had purchased - hoping I would be into that size by our trip - and it never happened. I am worried/hoping they would be too big for me next summer - so rather than hang on to them, I decided to return them. BFF and I wandered around for a while... I got stuck in the shoe section (as usual)... I carried 2 pairs around with me, but in the end, I only purchased one. Yes, I do have a shoe problem. I put the other pair back, but I will get them some day - yesterday just wasn't the day. I also had those darn Levis in my hands again... again I passed on them... I had a -30% coupon, but meh - I just didin't want them as much anymore. So, in the end, I left with 1 pair of shoes.

After Kohls, we went to Joanns... Where I purchased my needed items. Phew - it's always a relief to have JA's done! LOL

Then we went to Trader Joe's which is a natural foods store - it's a bit of a drive, because they only have 2 in the metro that are sort of near us. I purchased a few food items...

Then it was off to the mall... I had free coupons from Victoria's Secret - so I went there, while BFF went to Vitamin World to get her stuff. Then both of us went to Dicks Sporting Goods... Where I FINALLY purchased my MUCH NEEDED olympic weights for my bar. I got 2-5lb plates and 2-10lb plates - which should get me through the holidays. I plan to ask for 2 more 10lb plates for Christmas and maybe even the 25s... which should bring me well into spring. I hope.

That was the end of our errands, we were done before noon - which was a first for us. LOL

We decided to stop at Target - since we were done with everything else we needed to do. I have been on the hunt for 2lb leg weights for several weeks now - My 1lb set were no longer doing the trick. I was able to find an expandable set where you could +/- the weight from 1lb to 5lbs. This was perfect - and the price wasn't horrible. So, I grabbed those and some greek yogert, and we were outta there.

So, what does all the above have to do with our Disney trip? First of all, the shoes I purchased will be used at Disney - they coordinate with one/two of my planned outfits. The weights are important, because they are helping me reach my fitness goals for our next trip. And bonding with BFF is important, because we need that occasionally... Unfortunately - I did not get a chance to talk with her about our ADRs.

I was home before 2pm... I was so tired though - I decided to take a nap... Josh was headed out to a hockey game last night that was 2 hours away, so he napped with me - until his dad called and woke both of us up.

Allison decided to stay home from the hockey game, she was offered a babysitting job, so she did that instead.

Victoria and I stayed home and watched movies all night. We watched a Hallmark channel Christmas movie, then we watched Tarzan 2, then we watched a non-Disney version of Peter Pan - which I slept through the entire thing.

Both Josh and Allison made it home safely last night.

Today - I have a busy day ahead of me, because I was a serious slacker yesterday.

I will be posting pictures of my latest custom bag set right away this morning.

Then, I need to cut out and quilt my auction bag - my monthly auction is on Thursday - and yet again - it snuck up on me. Sigh.

I also plan to take a couple of hours and clean my office... It's a MESS and it needs to be done. Josh offered to help me - so hopefully we can work on it this afternoon.

That is all.

I hope you all have an amazing day today. Sending out prayers to all who need them.

D~
Old 11-17-2013, 09:14 AM   #267
cogero
DIS Veteran

I think part of our love of Epcot is C loves speaking to all the cast members in world showcase.

Can't wait to see your new bag set.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:52 AM   #268
DMGeurts

Pocahontas Camera Bag set

Wow! I just don't even know where to begin with this set.

The person who ordered this set really wanted a camera bag, but it wasn't "officially" orderable in my custom order catalog. I told her that I would do my very best.

Well, once the girls and I returned from our trip, Alli and I were talking, and we both came to the conclusion that her Up bag was a little "off" on the measurments - and it was very difficult for her to use to to carry her camera. Uh-oh... This is not good. As I knew I was planning to use that pattern to make this Pocahontas bag.

I contacted my customer, told her of our discovery, asked her if she still wanted a "camera bag" - she said she did - so I offered to redraft the pattern, essentially melding my original camera bag pattern with my newly drafted "donald duck" bag - which was a lot bigger, but the same overall shape. She gave me the go ahead to redraft the pattern and custom order it sight unseen.

It's been kind of a crazy few weeks, as I have been working on this pattern on the side, trying to make all the best attributes of both bags meld together. Not to mention - the hardest part - making the insert work.

In the end, not only did I have to redraft the entire bag pattern, but I also had to redraft the insert (so it would fit inside the bag), and also I had to scrap the smaller insert that I had originally drafted for Alli's bag - because with the resizing of the big insert, a camera would no longer fit inside the small one. Are you following all of this? I know it's a bit complicated/confusing.

But when all is said and done - I am SUPER happy with how it turned out and came together...

So, here are all the photos... Please, keep in mind - I sew... I am NOT a photographer.

Interior of the bag with out the insert

Under the flap... Those slip in pockets are really deep - I really like how they turned out too!

It's very difficult to get a decent picture with the insert inside...

The bag zipped with the insert inside:

I forgot to take a photo of the back of the bag, but there is a zippered pocket on the back... I designed that for a wallet/cell phone - so you could access that pocket with out digging in the main compartment and risk any of your camera accessories falling out - which is also the reason the main compartment is zippered, so you can dig in those deep front slip-in pockets under the flap with out risking losing anything that's in the main compartment.

Again - thank you all for waiting so patiently for these bag pictures.

D~
Old 11-17-2013, 10:14 AM   #269
Nurse_Mommy4
DIS Veteran

Good Morning D!

The camera bag looks awesome! Way to go on the "re-design"!!!

I just wanted to add that I am so proud of all the progress and hard work you are doing with "getting in shape" I can't wait to see the end product next summer! Hopefully I can show you a "new" me too. My oldest DD and I have been hitting the gym and eating better and my body DOES NOT like it! LOL

Have a great day D!
Old 11-17-2013, 12:14 PM   #270
Iamthequeen
DIS Veteran

AWESOME bag! I love the Pocohontas!

Tags
august, bags, park bags, sewing, weight loss

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: