Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2014, 06:01 AM   #2656
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Day 2 FP+ selections

Bah - we don't have any!

It's true - we don't.

It's a Typhoon Lagoon day for us...

So, the plan is, to get all of the slides out of the way in the morning... Then spend the afternoon in the wave pool.

We will have to prepare to leave TL by about 2:30?

Help me out here... considering there is road construction at DTD...

If we leave by 2:45-3:00pm and give ourselves an hour to get back to FQ...

That puts us there by 3:45-4:00.

Then we change and get ready for dinner...

Be back at the bus stop by 4:45.

Dinner reservation at 1900 PF at 5:45.

Does that sound about right?

D~

Last edited by DMGeurts; 07-17-2014 at 06:37 AM.
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 06:25 AM   #2657
Nurse_Mommy4
DIS Veteran

Good morning D!
Don't forget that since the construction in DTD and the closure of the west side bus stop, after 2pm all bus transportation from the water parks includes a transfer at Epcot. I haven't read any reports about this yet, I am nervous about this for our water park days. I hope it runs smoothly.
How did your meeting go with Robyn? I hope you guys came to an understanding that's good for everyone. I was just informed by one of our family members that her DH will probably not tour with us most mornings. That would have been nice to know months ago when we all decided on a couple pre rope drop ADR's. Anyway, at this point I'm not making any changes if he doesn't come he can find a place to eat.
Have a great day friend!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2014, 08:18 AM   #2658
Clio
Mouseketeer

Have a good day at Target. I hope Josh back starts to feel better and the procedure worked.
My store manager's son got to come home on Sunday. It's amazing 8 days before he was being revived after almost drowning. She won't be back at work until sometime in October. Prayers really work.
Your nails look really cute. I thought Frozen, too when I saw them.
Liz
Clio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:38 AM   #2659
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
You will do fine. Are you planning to do A&E?

My problem is our AP's have expired, although we were given a one month extension by Disney. They may not take into the system since I will be trying to make FP+ choices for after the AP's originally expire.

D~
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Bah - we don't have any!

It's true - we don't.

It's a Typhoon Lagoon day for us...

So, the plan is, to get all of the slides out of the way in the morning... Then spend the afternoon in the wave pool.

We will have to prepare to leave TL by about 2:30?

Help me out here... considering there is road construction at DTD...

If we leave by 2:45-3:00pm and give ourselves an hour to get back to FQ...

That puts us there by 3:45-4:00.

Then we change and get ready for dinner...

Be back at the bus stop by 4:45.

Dinner reservation at 1900 PF at 5:45.

Does that sound about right?

D~
I have to say that the construction is horrible and the traffic even worse. I'd give it an hour to an hour and fifteen to allow for the bus to come and get you and then get through the mess.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:44 AM   #2660
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

D~ I have the gluten free list...but it is such a Disney "newbie" list. There is nothing on there that you don't already know. They had never been to Disney at all, and were worried about places to eat. Also, they were only on the quick service meal plan, so the list is for CS restaurants. That being said, I am happy to email it to you if you want me to.

A Disney meeting tonight for last minute planining!!! Something great to break up the week on this Hump Day! All of our movie nights with Quackattack and her family end up being trip planning meetings as well, love it!

Yes, construction and traffic around the DTD area were a nightmare when we were down there in October, too. Allow LOTS of time for transportation!
oopsiDAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 09:49 AM   #2661
OregonMomToWDW
Mouseketeer

We are planning 2 waterpark days. On the day that we are going to MNSSHP that evening, we are going to Blizzard Beach, just so we don't have to deal with the transportation mess. The other day, where we have nowhere to really need to be after...we will do Typhoon Lagoon. Hopefully, it works out.

Wow, sounds like a very productive day yesterday.

PTR: 1 Summer, 2 Coasts, 3 Kids...Ready, Set, Go! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51560086
OregonMomToWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:05 PM   #2662
sewdisney
Mouseketeer

WOW! You've really been getting some work done! That's awesome that you've gotten so much completed.

Sorry to hear that Josh's back isn't doing as well as you had hoped. I do hope it starts feeling better right away!

Clio such happy news about your store manager痴 son. Thanks for letting us know.
sewdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 11:39 PM   #2663
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Can I just say wow I can't believe how much I've missed reading everything going on. I just don't have the time to go back and read. We've been pretty busy since the kids got out of school. Had a great time in Disneyland (hoping to start a trip report in the next week or so), enjoyed spending 4th of July in Oregon at my parent's and now I'm so happy to just be able to be home and relax. Well relax as well as I can with 4 kids!!! Can't believe Baby Jeffrey is going to be 6 months old on Friday!!!! Hope your trip planning is going well and that everything else is also going good.

What do you mean we're driving to WDW from CA? PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3179094
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 06:17 AM   #2664
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran

You absolutely should keep treating yourself to nail appointments!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Pre -Trip Report for August 2014 (In progress)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3215904

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
August 2013 Walt Disney World - Pop Century
DisMom1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 06:17 AM   #2665
DMGeurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse_Mommy4 View Post
Good morning D!
Don't forget that since the construction in DTD and the closure of the west side bus stop, after 2pm all bus transportation from the water parks includes a transfer at Epcot. I haven't read any reports about this yet, I am nervous about this for our water park days. I hope it runs smoothly.
How did your meeting go with Robyn? I hope you guys came to an understanding that's good for everyone. I was just informed by one of our family members that her DH will probably not tour with us most mornings. That would have been nice to know months ago when we all decided on a couple pre rope drop ADR's. Anyway, at this point I'm not making any changes if he doesn't come he can find a place to eat.
Have a great day friend!
Ack!!! Thanks for the heads up Tasha... I knew about the DTD construction - but I didn't realize it affected TL too. I've asked about it on the Transporation board, and in our FB group... Hopefully I'll get some more info.

Our meeting went really well... We are all more than EXCITED to go!!!! We talked about a lot of things that could go wrong and how we were going to handle it... It was a great meeting and I think all of us are more relieved.

Yah - I would be so irritated in that situation... At this point - I am right there with you... To each their own, you've done your part... There are pleanty of food opportunities if he doesn't make it to the planned ADR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clio View Post
Have a good day at Target. I hope Josh back starts to feel better and the procedure worked.
My store manager's son got to come home on Sunday. It's amazing 8 days before he was being revived after almost drowning. She won't be back at work until sometime in October. Prayers really work.
Your nails look really cute. I thought Frozen, too when I saw them.
Liz
Thanks Liz... He seems to be doing a bit better. I hope it continues.

I am very glad to hear this - what a miracle!!! Please keep me updated on his progress.

Thanks! LOL I really like them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I have to say that the construction is horrible and the traffic even worse. I'd give it an hour to an hour and fifteen to allow for the bus to come and get you and then get through the mess.
Gasp!!!! I am so nervous!!! I wonder if it would just be better to take a cab? But with 5 of us, I think we would need 2 cabs? TL and FQ are fairly close to eachother - it might be easier and quicker just to take a cab, to insure that we make it to our ADR on time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
D~ I have the gluten free list...but it is such a Disney "newbie" list. There is nothing on there that you don't already know. They had never been to Disney at all, and were worried about places to eat. Also, they were only on the quick service meal plan, so the list is for CS restaurants. That being said, I am happy to email it to you if you want me to.

A Disney meeting tonight for last minute planining!!! Something great to break up the week on this Hump Day! All of our movie nights with Quackattack and her family end up being trip planning meetings as well, love it!

Yes, construction and traffic around the DTD area were a nightmare when we were down there in October, too. Allow LOTS of time for transportation!
Understood... I am really not too worried about it. I know I will have options where ever I go - since gluten allergies are getting more and more common these days.

Our meeting went good - we are all so excited! This meeting was more about working out any potential issues we may have as a group, so it was really good to sit down with all of us, express our concerns and come up with a plan to try to avoid conflict. I feel like we have a good plan in place, and hopefully everything goes well.

Super nervous about this DTD construction now... Not only for our TL day, but we are planning to do DTD on our last day, before ME picks us up... I am trying to pinpoint how long I should allow for transportation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonMomToWDW View Post
We are planning 2 waterpark days. On the day that we are going to MNSSHP that evening, we are going to Blizzard Beach, just so we don't have to deal with the transportation mess. The other day, where we have nowhere to really need to be after...we will do Typhoon Lagoon. Hopefully, it works out.

Wow, sounds like a very productive day yesterday.
That is a great idea! Sadly, since this is a such a short trip - we have somewhere to be all the time. I am leaning towards taking a cab from TL to FQ when we are done at the water park... And I know I could take the boat from DTD to FQ on our last day before ME - however - I think ME will be picking us up around 4... And what happens every day at 4? LOL I have a feeling boats will be closed... I think I need a back up plan for that day too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewdisney View Post
WOW! You've really been getting some work done! That's awesome that you've gotten so much completed.

Sorry to hear that Josh's back isn't doing as well as you had hoped. I do hope it starts feeling better right away!

Clio – such happy news about your store manager’s son. Thanks for letting us know.
Yes, I've been so busy... Really coming into the home stretch now... I have so much to get done and not nearly enough time!

He is feeling better this morning - so we are very hopeful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
Can I just say wow I can't believe how much I've missed reading everything going on. I just don't have the time to go back and read. We've been pretty busy since the kids got out of school. Had a great time in Disneyland (hoping to start a trip report in the next week or so), enjoyed spending 4th of July in Oregon at my parent's and now I'm so happy to just be able to be home and relax. Well relax as well as I can with 4 kids!!! Can't believe Baby Jeffrey is going to be 6 months old on Friday!!!! Hope your trip planning is going well and that everything else is also going good.
Sandra!!! Hi!!!! Looking forward to your TR from DL... I loved seeing all of your pictures on FB. And I cannot believe baby Jeffrey is already 6 months old - he is so adorable! Thanks for checking in, and I am glad to hear you are well.

I don't even want to tell you all about my Target day yesterday. Let's just say that it didn't go as planned.

I did get to work in my sewing room for a little while before our meeting though - so that was good. I was able to get a little bit done.

Our Disney meeting went well. It was more of a meeting to try and avoid any conflict that may arise while we are down there. So we all talked about some of our concerns and how we intend to deal with them... I think we have a good plan and we all know what's going to happen. So, that's good. Hopefully we have a great trip with out any incidents.

We also got our Memory Maker stuff figured out. I sure hope we have it right... I am a bit nervous about it. BFF purchased MM, and while we were trying to figure it out last night, she accidentally transferred the ownership to me (which is fine)... So then I made sure that I had sharing rights between the two of us, which we do. And since I now "own" it, the girls (who are under me) in ME should just automatically be able to use the MM by default right? This is so confusing!

Now we are all more excited than ever! It's getting so close!

But as you all know... It's also getting a little sad... Since this will be our last girls trip - the end of an era, my babies are growing up. There is a possibility that I will take the girls individually during the spring break of their graduation year... So, that will be 2016 and 2017... It's gonna be a long, hard and sad wait.

But on to more fun stuff...

I put together one of my outfits yesterday - I am super excited about it! I cannot wait to wear all of my stuff this trip. Someone mentioned yesterday about looking rediculous in Disney... They didn't say it directly to me, but I wondered if the comment wasn't aimed at me... So, I am hoping I don't look too "rediculous". Hey - Disney is all about going and having fun, and that's exactly what I intend to do. Embracing my inner child.

Today... Well, I won't get into my sewing room until later... I am taking my car in this morning for a brake inspection. Let's pray it's not too expensive, and hopefully he can do them today too - then I don't have to go back.

Depending on my brakes, I may not get into my sewing room until this afternoon. But I will just work into the evening to make up for it. I need to finish these two bag appliques today - which probably won't happen, but I am going to try.

My dad also leaves for Oregon/WA sometime today... If you don't mind keeping him in your prayers - I would really appreciate it. I am really nervous about this trip for him, I just hope everything goes well. I know he will have a good time - he has been looking so forward to it!

I will be updating my Day 3 FP situation in a few minutes...

I hope you all have a wonderful day. Prayers and good thoughts to all of you!

D~
Old 07-17-2014, 06:35 AM   #2666
DMGeurts

FP Day 3

This is our DHS day...

Now, before I get too far into it - I know there is a Frozen thing going on at DHS this summer... We are not huge Frozen fans, so I did not work any Frozen activites into our plans... That being said - if we happen to participate in some of them while we are there, that is fine. It's just not a priority to us. Essentially - it is my game plan to "avoid" the Frozen stuff and use those crowds there to our advantage to conquer the rest of the park.

So... Our plan...

We will be there at RD in the morning... 9am.

Our first FP is for ToT for 9:30-10:30.

We will hope to ride RnR before this and just stay in this area as long as possible before it gets busy. Since I think this is most people's touring plan for this park, I have a feeling it will get busy quite quickly.

Our next FP window is for Star Tours between 10:50 and 11:50... So we will head that direction.

We have a little bit of time before our next window, so we will just explore the park.. Maybe take in a show or have some lunch.

They have Napoleons at Starring Rolls, and we LOVE having lunch there - so I am pretty sure that's where we will eat. I need to look at their menu though, because I usually have a sandwich there with chips... I need to see if there is a better option there for me.

Our next FP window is between 1:50-2:50 for TSM... So we will spend a bit of time at the back of the park here...

We will also have to get in a few of our animation classes - hopefully one before TSM and one after? It's our favorite thing to do here!

We have a dinner reservation at 50's PT... Where we must have our obligitory PB&J shakes... Yes, I AM having one - all to myself, no less.

We do plan on closing the park on this day... I think we are going to try for Fantasmic too - since we have only seen it once, and I think BFF wants to see the closing shows?

We will be tired, for sure.

Hopefully we will be back to our rooms by mid-night... So we can prep for our early day tomorrow...

D~
Old 07-17-2014, 06:49 AM   #2667
DMGeurts

I thought - for the fun of it... I would share ONE of my Donald outfits... This is not an official picture... But I am IN LOVE!!!! I adore everything about it and I am so excited to wear it.

In all honesty - I don't think it's "rediculous"... After all - it's a plain tank top and plain denim shorts... The only thing that's really Disney are my accessories.

D~
Old 07-17-2014, 07:10 AM   #2668
npierce25
Mouseketeer

Love the Donald outfit!!!!mits beyond cute. Your Hollywood studios day looks fun. We have 1.5 days there. Dd designed a valnellope and green alien outfit to wear.

Starring rooks seams tough with your eating lifestyle.... Unless you like sushi. I'm trying to eat cleaner. 2 weeks... Only lemon water and regular water. Only cheated with 1 glass of juice at work once. No soda at all. Diet or regular which used to be a 2-3 a day thing. Trying to eat more fresh and less processed. Still going to finish what's in the house..... But making better choices with new purchases.

Can't wait to see more outfits!
Old 07-17-2014, 07:15 AM   #2669
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

There is this short "Jack Sparrow" thing located next to TSMM. If you walk up to the kiosk they will give you a return time. The show is about 8 minutes long and a great way to fill up your day while you wait for fp windows to open.. They run different scenarios , which I accidentally discovered when we went to it twice in March. We enjoyed it.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:08 AM   #2670
ljcrochet
DIS Veteran

I love your donald outfit, can't wait to see pictures of you in it.

We had a similar HS plan, but I have 2 9 year girls, so the frozen stuff is changing up our HS plans.
ljcrochet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
august, bags, park bags, sewing, weight loss

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: