Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2013, 04:50 PM   #241
Terkina
DIS Veteran

Congratulations with buying the embroidery machine

I hope Alli gets well soon and that no one else at your house get sick.

I'm going to Rome for 14 days next week. I haven't started thinking about what I have to pack or what I have to fix here at home before I leave. I really have to start thinking about those things.

Last week I thought I was leaving on Wednesday next week for Rome, but then I checked my tickets because the hotel wanted to know my arrival time and then I discovered that I'm not traveling from my home on Wednesday but on Tuesday I'm so glad I discovered it in time. If I didn't have to send a notice to the hotel about the arrival time I would have discovered it on Tuesday and then I would already missed my first flight. I don't know what I would do then.

My Pre-Trip report My Trip report
Me Tantor Terkina Esmeralda
Terkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:55 PM   #242
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Thank you Sandra. Yes - it does get hard. It usually takes my feet a full day to recover from my one shift per week at Target. I can't imagine how it would be if I worked there every day? I hope you are doing well and feeling OK... I need to go find your PTR to see if there are any updates.
Glad your machine has been ordered!! Always nice when you finally get something you've been wanting/saving for!!

If I remember right you have feet issues too. I have planters fasciitis and know how painful being on your feet can be. Thankfully I haven't had problems since at least April and am trying to keep it at bay. Still need to get a new pair of shoes but have a really hard time spending the money on me so close to Christmas.

So I realized I hadn't given you an update here. I did go to the Doctor yesterday and even though my numbers were all over the place she told me to not stress over it and we'll see what happens over the next couple weeks since I've only been tracking for a week tomorrow. She also said if I have to go on medication we'll try oral before needles. I also found out that between my last two appointments I have lost 5 lbs (I think all of it was this last week)!!!! She was very happy with that number and basically said if I can keep my weight the same between now and the last 4 - 6 weeks (when the baby goes through a growth spurt) we should be fine when it comes time to have the baby. But of course if I were to lose a little bit more it wouldn't hurt either (I've only gained 10 lbs this whole pregnancy now since I lost the 5 lbs but I did start out over weight.)

What do you mean we're driving to WDW from CA? PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3179094
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2013, 11:53 PM   #243
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on your new embroidery machine! How fun.

Just so you know, I did my best yesterday to keep the folks at my local Target busy since I had not one but two trips there! I do most of my grocery shopping there anymore since I seem to always be popping for something I may as well do my grocery shopping too!

That's so awesome that you recreated Freedom Pasta. I've never had that at LTT but now you have me thinking about that. I may have to check that out.

Those stockings are spectacular. What a great heirloom they will be for everyone. My SIL made fabric Christmas ornaments years ago with everyone's name and the year of birth for the grandkids embroidered on them. They are such a special thing to get our every year. I think of those stockings in the same way.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 06:15 AM   #244
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogero View Post
Sorry Target wasn't as busy as you liked. I am sure it will get busier.

Can't wait to see your bag. I am loving my Mabel and think I know how I want to arrange the machines now. My only problem now is lighting so I am on the lookout for a couple of cheap OTT LITES since I broke mine but it was over 10 years old.

Have a good day sewing it is parent teachers here.
Hahaha... I have no doubt it will get busier.

I am so glad you love Mabel - I just knew you would!!! I cannot wait to see some of the work you've been doing on her. Did you do those thick seams/ruffles yet? I've never used OTT lights before - I have heard they are good, but I just use my regular lights.

I hope your day went well too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I hate slow days at work...is much rather be busy.

I hope your new machine arrives in a timely fashion.

Sorry Alli is sick...hope she feels better soon.
I know - me too, it's so hard for me to stand there all day and be bored when I know I have a TON of work to be done at home.

Alli is home sick again today... Poor kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpeaandevie View Post
haha slow days at work seems to be the only time I can catch up around here!!!
ROFL! That is too funny - but I know there are many who have the same problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post
YEAH for the embroidery machine that is on its way. I have a feeling Victoria may take a liking to it and you can put her to work on the stuff for your trips.

Bringing the Disney magic home with Freedom Pasta.

Hope Alli feels better soon.

Not sure if it is available on line yet but Joann's after Thanksgiving sales are usually pretty good and OTT Lites always seem to be on sale. (Which you probably already know).
Someone mentioned that - I think it was Nini? I will probably take some time out of my schedule to give her some lessons... She just may be in charge of that machine when I need help before our trips - if it's that easy. LOL
I am sure, the issue will be, she will start to find her own appliques that she wants. LOL

That pasta was amazing, I will have to post the recipe I used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clio View Post
I'm glad you were able to buy the machine you wanted. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to arrive.
I hardly ever get slow days at work. Today should be interesting. The new Playstation gets releaved at midnight and as of yesterday we haven't gotten all of the preorders from Sony yet. I don't know what I'm working on Thanksgiving,eithe
Have a good day working on your projects. I hope Allie feels better soon.
Liz
Thank you! I am sure it will be here soon enough... My friend waited MONTHS for me to save up the $$, if she needs a bit longer to ship it - I am totally fine with that. I don't have any pressing projects for it at the moment.

I know that we had received all of our PS4s the other day + some extra that weren't on pre-order. But I have no idea how many - that is VERY hush, hush. Honestly, I could care less about it - since we aren't gamers... Except for MarioKart. But I doubt that counts. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
Congrats on getting your machine paid for!!! I do hope Alli feels better quickly. I have the same "crud" right now too...so draining on you physically.
Thanks Oopsi! She is home again today... Poor kid. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
Hope Allison gets better!!! Give her a hug for me!!!
Thanks Mo! I will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terkina View Post
Congratulations with buying the embroidery machine

I hope Alli gets well soon and that no one else at your house get sick.

I'm going to Rome for 14 days next week. I haven't started thinking about what I have to pack or what I have to fix here at home before I leave. I really have to start thinking about those things.

Last week I thought I was leaving on Wednesday next week for Rome, but then I checked my tickets because the hotel wanted to know my arrival time and then I discovered that I'm not traveling from my home on Wednesday but on Tuesday I'm so glad I discovered it in time. If I didn't have to send a notice to the hotel about the arrival time I would have discovered it on Tuesday and then I would already missed my first flight. I don't know what I would do then.
Thanks Lillian! Oooh how marvelous to be able to go to Rome... BUt YIKES!!! So lucky that you had to look at your tickets! THat would have been awful!!! I hope you have an amazing trip... I always miss seeing your posts while you are gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
Glad your machine has been ordered!! Always nice when you finally get something you've been wanting/saving for!!

If I remember right you have feet issues too. I have planters fasciitis and know how painful being on your feet can be. Thankfully I haven't had problems since at least April and am trying to keep it at bay. Still need to get a new pair of shoes but have a really hard time spending the money on me so close to Christmas.
Thanks! I was super excited to have a used on that was with in the price range I wanted to spend. Which is why it took me so long to get one in the first place, I was having such a hard time justifying it at full price. And this is how and the reason I learned to hand applique... I couldn't afford the embroidery machine - which was a God send in the end. It's given me the opportunity to learn a fun skill that I enjoy doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
So I realized I hadn't given you an update here. I did go to the Doctor yesterday and even though my numbers were all over the place she told me to not stress over it and we'll see what happens over the next couple weeks since I've only been tracking for a week tomorrow. She also said if I have to go on medication we'll try oral before needles. I also found out that between my last two appointments I have lost 5 lbs (I think all of it was this last week)!!!! She was very happy with that number and basically said if I can keep my weight the same between now and the last 4 - 6 weeks (when the baby goes through a growth spurt) we should be fine when it comes time to have the baby. But of course if I were to lose a little bit more it wouldn't hurt either (I've only gained 10 lbs this whole pregnancy now since I lost the 5 lbs but I did start out over weight.)
Thanks for the update... I just went and replied in your thread this morning.
I went looking and was happy to find it there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Congratulations on your new embroidery machine! How fun.

Just so you know, I did my best yesterday to keep the folks at my local Target busy since I had not one but two trips there! I do most of my grocery shopping there anymore since I seem to always be popping for something I may as well do my grocery shopping too!
LOL Thanks Brenda... I think there was a $5 off of a $50 grocery purchase this week too? Last time they did that coupon, it was only for certain items, this time, it only excludes a few items - so it's a great week to grocery shop! I need to sneak in there today to see if there is anything I could stock up on.

Quote:
That's so awesome that you recreated Freedom Pasta. I've never had that at LTT but now you have me thinking about that. I may have to check that out.
You need to try it... We just love LTT... It really is a break from the hustle and bustle of MK.

Quote:
Those stockings are spectacular. What a great heirloom they will be for everyone. My SIL made fabric Christmas ornaments years ago with everyone's name and the year of birth for the grandkids embroidered on them. They are such a special thing to get our every year. I think of those stockings in the same way.
Thank you! And what an amazing gift from your SIL too! I just LOVE handmade items! I would much rather have something hand made than store bought anyday... Just knowing that person thought that much of me, it's the gesture that is the most important.

Well, I finished my custom order bag yesterday - I am quite impressed. I have put a lot of extra hours in this week, as this is a semi-new bag pattern to me. It turned out fantastic! Today I will be working on the coordinating accessory.

I have to run to town this afternoon to pick V up from school - I plan to do a little bit of grocery shopping while I am there.

Alli is home sick from school... Sore throat/tummy/headache again. I can always tell when she is sick - becuase her cheeks turn flaming red. There is no faking it for her.

If I finish my entire order, I will be back to post pictures. I don't think it will happen today, but maybe tomorrow? We will see.

I hope you all have a fantastic weekend. Sending out prayers to all who need them.

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 06:16 AM   #245
nowellsl
my car finds out everytime I have money

Congratulations on paying off your embroidery machine! That's the one most people seem to rave about! I'll be interested to see how you like it! I've had one in my cart at Amazon, but can't really justify it since I really don't think I would be using it much. I just want to play with one for a while
nowellsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 06:28 AM   #246
spiritsim
DIS Veteran

new machine

How exciting to have a new machine on its way. Hope Ali gets better soon there is an aufull bug going around everyone is getting sick.

WDW Commando Member #241
First time in the world! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3134097
spiritsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 06:41 AM   #247
LadyBeBop
DIS Veteran

I would love an embroidery machine. But I can't hand-embroider, and I can barely hand-sew.

Do I need to know to embroider to use an embroidery machine? Or just computer-savvy?

I want to try to machine sew again. They offer courses through my county's extension program. I tried to get into the course this fall, but it was booked solid the first day. After I got the newsletter. Yesterday, I called the extension office to inquire about winter classes. The receptionist said they won't even release the schedule until mid-January, and classes won't start until late January.

Looks like I'll be hounding them starting the first of the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
What? 2019 or 2020? Say it ain't so!

You must "sneak in a day" next year. That's an order!
LadyBeBop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:48 AM   #248
Iamthequeen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBeBop View Post
I would love an embroidery machine. But I can't hand-embroider, and I can barely hand-sew.

Do I need to know to embroider to use an embroidery machine? Or just computer-savvy?

I want to try to machine sew again. They offer courses through my county's extension program. I tried to get into the course this fall, but it was booked solid the first day. After I got the newsletter. Yesterday, I called the extension office to inquire about winter classes. The receptionist said they won't even release the schedule until mid-January, and classes won't start until late January.

Looks like I'll be hounding them starting the first of the year.
You don't need to know how to sew to use the embroidery machine - I have the same one that D~ is getting. Its more of knowing how to hoop your ready-made garment so the placement is correct - and how to thread and run the machine. You do need to be a bit computer savvy to download the patterns though.

You should also look into adult ed classes at the local high school or even at a store like JoAnn's for sewing lessons. Sometimes you can find someone in your community that offers classes too.
Wait.....we're staying where? and when??

2001 - All Star Movies; 2010 - POFQ; 2011 - POFQ; 2013- Caribbean Beach
Iamthequeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:51 AM   #249
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthequeen View Post
Its more of knowing how to hoop your ready-made garment so the placement is correct - and how to thread and run the machine. You do need to be a bit computer savvy to download the patterns though.
this is all greek to me... you people amaze me in how you can do this stuff.. you create your own magic and it's awe inspiring!

Chicago Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 09:40 AM   #250
cogero
DIS Veteran

Yep I bought an embroidery machine before I knew how to sew and now can sew LOL. One day I want to learn hand applique but that won't be until The dumb numbness from the pregnancy carpel tunnel goes ccompletely away. Well it has only been 5 months since I had Sami so I guess there is still time.

YEah I will have to check back on the new bag. I am updating my PTR with a Mabel out fit.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 09:54 AM   #251
Sweetly
Mouseketeer

So excited to hear that you ordered your machine. You are going to love it!

Sorry to hear Alli is sick. Hope she has a speedy recovery!!

Today I get to work from home !!! I have been cleaning up my sewing area, wrapping station, cleaning the dogs kennels, disinfecting the house, laundry and anything else I can get done. Guess you can say I am multi tasking big time. I had a really bad cold for two weeks and it has put me behind on everything. So today I feel like a million bucks and I am running all over the house getting things done.

I don't remember if I mentioned it, but this past weekend my DD and I saw Lion King on Broadway. We LOVED it! It was just amazing!!! The community college that my DD attends were selling tickets and I said let's go. The price was perfect plus it included a charter bus down to the theatre. AND we had fantastic seats.

Cannot wait to see your new bag and the big secret you are working on

Have a wonderful weekend! Hope everyone stays healthy and that Alli starts to feel better.
Sweetly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:41 AM   #252
DreamingofCastles
Earning My Ears

Hope that your embroidery machine is shipped quickly! I have been looking at the se400, but it only has a 4 x 4 hoop and now I'm wondering if I would regret that decision over time. (I seem to remember that you wrote earlier about having to move the fabric for the larger names.) Thought I might post a question on the DisBoutiquers board about pros and cons of the se400.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:25 AM   #253
Terkina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts
I hope you have an amazing trip... I always miss seeing your posts while you are gone.
How sweet of you to miss my posts

I hope Alli gets well soon and I can't wait to see your next bag. Have a great weekend

My Pre-Trip report My Trip report
Me Tantor Terkina Esmeralda
Terkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 02:41 PM   #254
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry Alli is home sick again; hopefully the rest and a weekend home she will feel better.

Have a good weekend, friend (oh, and I did do a short update yesterday in case you missed it).
Old 11-15-2013, 03:31 PM   #255
sewmess
DIS Veteran

Sorry Alli is sick.

Have a good day sewing.

Dreamingofcastles: I've got a machine that has a 4X4 hoop and I love being able to do the fonts and stuff but I really like that I don't have the opportunity to get lazy with the appliques because most of them I do by hand. I don't mind so much the moving for bigger words/phrases. But that's me.

Now planning for 2014 - 10th Anniversary
'90:School 3 days at 3 parks + 3day Diz cruise (pre DCL) 2004: POP, 6 months after wedding to DH 2006: ASMovies DSis 50th b'day 2008: POR Herding Cats (Apr) 2008: ASMovies Redo/Freezing Bits Off (Nov) 2009 & 2010: CBR just DH & me 2011: CBR Herding Different Cats 2012: CBR Alone Again, Happily 2013: Time Out from the YotS
sewmess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
august, bags, park bags, sewing, weight loss

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: