Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2014, 02:38 PM   #2491
jedimeg16
Mouseketeer

Did you see the HUGE announcement today about all of the Frozen stuff going on at DHS every day from July 5th until at least September? It looks so awesome!

'Ohana Means Family - My first TR
jedimeg16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 03:30 PM   #2492
OregonMomToWDW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimeg16
Did you see the HUGE announcement today about all of the Frozen stuff going on at DHS every day from July 5th until at least September? It looks so awesome!
I did! I was so glad we are arriving on Aug. 31st and going to DHS. Even more excited that I will have the Olaf bags!

PTR: 1 Summer, 2 Coasts, 3 Kids...Ready, Set, Go! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51560086
OregonMomToWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2014, 07:40 AM   #2493
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMom1981 View Post
Oh those designs are fantastic!

Good friends of mine are in their first Disney trip right now- waiting for rope drop at MK as I type. I've been helping them through reservations and planning and even right now she is texting me and asking questions. I love it so much and it is making me so excited that our trip is so soon- just as you writing about starting your accessories for your trip- it's going to be here in a wink!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Thank you... I know, Suzi is there right now too... I am on the edge of my seat every day for updates from her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljcrochet View Post
I didn't realize that EMH have changed, guess I should check that out before we make our fp+.
I try not to stress over crowd levels, or which park to avoid. We usually go to the one that we, although FP+ is going to change all that. I know christmas week, we did not have park hoppers and we went to epcot on a day with evening EMH. It was not bad, and we got to go back at night for some of the stuff that was too crowded.
Yes, some of them did change - it didn't affect me though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyabgar View Post
Hi D! It's been awhile since I've popped in to say hi!

Oh my goodness re: that funnel cloud! We had tornado weather here where I live on Tuesday in the middle of the afternoon. My husband and I were at work and my daughter was at daycare--each in the possible path of what the Nat. Weather Service was calling a "large and destructive tornado." It was sunny at the time the sirens went off, so it was very surreal. We couldn't see/hear a thing down in my work's basement. There were TONS of ppl around and I was doing my absolute best to keep from being an absolute mess! Thankfully for us, the storm's path went north of the daycare--a friend texted me to pray/read Psalm 91 and thank God for that. It really calmed me down. DD didn't even mention her 1 hour spent in the hallway at daycare. They'd had a fire drill earlier and the alarm scared her so that's what she talked about! haha!

Anyway, enough about me. I'm so glad the auction went well! I tried to convince a friend to bid on the custom bag, but no dice. She and another friend are trying to convince me to give bag-making a try instead! So...maybe?

It occurred to me the other day that you must go through a TON of thread. Where do you buy it from? I'm starting to take custom orders (two Elsa dresses so far!) and want to save on supply cost if I can. Thanks!

Have a great day!
Well - hello there!

Oh yikes - I think I would be a total wreck!!! So glad that all of you were somewhere safe and that it missed you.

Yes.... Thank you -I am very happy with the auction outcome. I do really enjoy making bags, you might enjoy it too?

Actually - I have yet to find anywhere that sells good thread cheap, so I just buy it at Joanns when it's on sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denovagirl View Post
Love the felty things! Adorable!! Where do you find bloomers for under your dress? I need some!
Thanks! They aren't really "bloomers" because - to me, bloomers are cute. LOL These are NOT. But here's the ones I have: http://www.target.com/p/hanes-women-...lot=large_3_25

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
Your outfits are going to be so fantastic!!!! Will you be giving us a daily fashion photo on FB while you are there?
Thanks Oopsi... Hahaha... Maybe? Depends on if there is anyone interested in seeing one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
I've always thought your idea of adding designs with straight stitch that could be easily removed was brilliant! I love, love, love Donald!!! He's so you! And I love that he's a bit understated, size-wise, which just fits! The shoes Terri is doing for you will go perfectly! Love the sparkly Mickey too. I agree, with all the other accessories, a simple MH is perfect!! Can't wait to see photos of you wearing them in the parks.
Thanks... It does limit me a little bit, but I like that I don't have to "waste" entire shirts/dresses for Disney stuff that I normally don't wear at home. It works.

Quote:
I will check out Etsy for fabric. I also like to support the smaller businesses. I'm in love with Riley Blake and Michael Miller!! At least their fabrics.
Yah - I really like both of them... Riley Blake hasn't had too much recently that I've liked - print wise - but their quality is pretty good.

Quote:
It won't be long before you get to choose your fastpass selections, right? Do you know what you want to go for yet? I haven't given it much thought, but it's easy enough to figure out once you know what park you'll be in when. What color magic band did you choose? Are you going to bling it out?
Yup - not long now. I do have it somewhat figured out... I know V wants A&E, so I am hoping to get that... And, of course, SDMT.

I chose Red - because red goes with each of my custom outfits... Donald, Minnie, Tweedles and Toy Story. I have not decided if I am going to bling it out yet, or not? I haven't done much reading on it yet... If anything - I might just add some white dots?

Quote:
I hope you have a great day in your sewing room between treks into town. And MM will forgive you. That's one thing I so love about dogs. They just love us unconditionally!
Thanks! Yup - MM was a very good boy yesterday, I was so proud of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post

I love all the outfits the bags and everything!!!

Especially 2 mini bags that are coming TO MY HOUSE!!!

so i have to keep this short... I am going shopping on the L.E. web site for swimsuits...

love ya mean it!

I miss Suzi... We know she is having a great time.
THanks Mo!!! Yay - did you find one you like? I just love their tankinis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimeg16 View Post
I did glance at it, but I didn't actually read it... I will have to dig deeper to see if there is anything that interests us. Thanks for letting me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonMomToWDW View Post
I did! I was so glad we are arriving on Aug. 31st and going to DHS. Even more excited that I will have the Olaf bags!
LOL Yes - those Olaf bags will be great for DHS!

Yesterday, I worked in my sewing room in the morning.

Then ran V's friend home... Stopped at Walmart to buy a couple of things...

Then to Target to buy a few more things...

Then back home to work some more.

I was able to get all of this week's custom order appliques cut out, and I made a nice dent in stitching them. I didn't finish, but I didn't expect to.

Made sloppy Joes for dinner.

Disney trip stuff:

While I was at Walmart yesterday, I had to check for a royal blue tank top for one of my Donald outfits... They had them for $3.88... They aren't the best quality, but I tried it on when I got home - and it looked OK. I am hoping that after I wash it, it will be less scratchy. Because that scratchiness in the heat will be awful.

My red shorts also came... They fit... They don't look awful, but they don't look pretty either. I sure hope I can lose enough size to have all these shorts not look stupid on me by the time we go on our trip - otherwise I am going to be short some clothes to wear.

I also stopped at Target - it was a big day for us... I had to take a picture, because it's not often that I spend this much... We even added one more after this, because the discount made it cheaper than what I thought it would be.

I will say though, I do miss being able to add my Team Member discount and the Pharmacy Rewards discount to these GC purchases... It would have saved me another almost $400. Oh well, I must not think like that.

So - very soon here, we will be paid in full.

V and I went upstairs after dinner to work on the 'Ohana bag... I've decided to let her make it for me... She was bored yesterday and wanted a project. I did all of the pinning and such, and she did all of the sewing. We were able to finish a good portion of it last night. We may be able to finish it tonight - or for sure, over the weekend.

I hope you all have a fantastic day! Prayers and good Pixie Dusted thoughts to out to all of you.

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:46 AM   #2494
tatar63
Earning My Ears

Woo Hoo I received my package from D~ I. LOVE. MY. BAGS!!!!

I showed them to my husband, he grinned & said "I guess you want to plan a trip now"

D~ I can't wait to see all of your customs for your trip

Congratulations to Allison on the job! I wanted to work at that age also And good for Victoria for helping and learning in your sewing room My daughter wants to learn to sew someday

Have a great weekend everyone

Monica
tatar63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 10:03 AM   #2495
spiritsim
DIS Veteran

waves

wow that's a lot of GCs way to go! Looks like you are all set to go. I know I don't post a lot but I read everything.......lol

WDW Commando Member #241
First time in the world! But not our last! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3359150
spiritsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 10:04 AM   #2496
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Nice job on the gift cards and paying off the trip.

How sweet that V wanted a project and she is helping you.

Hope you have a great weekend (the kids are coming in this weekend and I can't wait to see them).
Old 06-27-2014, 11:19 AM   #2497
OregonMomToWDW
DIS Veteran

Yay for all the giftcards. It is always a great feeling to have the trip paid off.

I have the "10 pounds lost" mentality right now too. These shorts look ok now, but I am sure after I lose 10 pounds they will look even better. I am hoping by end of July. Without dance lessons after work, I don't have to rush after work to take Chelsea places. So, I am going to start walking to work and back...it is only 2 miles from my house. It wouldn't have worked this week. It has been raining and raining hard. Marissa and a friend walked to Taco Bell yesterday. They were gone for 3 hours. Taco Bell is 2 blocks from our house. I asked her if she was practicing for WDW. The tried to wait it out at Shopko. Then made a dash to Taco Bell. On way home, they ducked into Petsmart to try to wait it out. She was drenched. We have maybe 2 months without rain here (that is kind of generous).

My bags are supposed to arrive today.

PTR: 1 Summer, 2 Coasts, 3 Kids...Ready, Set, Go! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51560086
OregonMomToWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 11:26 AM   #2498
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran

I wish they still had a Disney store local here so I could get those discounts. My aunt just RETIRED from the Disney Store! Her and three guests get free admission every time she goes to the parks plus the reg Disney percentage off rooms etc.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

August 2014 Trip Report (In progress) http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3324325

Pre -Trip Report for August 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3215904

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
August 2013 Walt Disney World - Pop Century
DisMom1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 12:27 PM   #2499
Denovagirl
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the link! That's exactly what I need for my jean skirt, my thighs keep rubbing and that's no fun in the hot weather! :-/
Denovagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 12:46 PM   #2500
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Wow!!!! that's awesome.

still glad you got the tweezers.

I got my Bags yesterday but was UNABLE TO OPEN IT since ALL my kids were on all floors yesterday.. if i went into the bathroom i had one of them knocking on the door. If i went in my room i had another knocking asking if i need help..

yesterday was a bad separation anxiety day for triplets....
Chicago Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 12:47 PM   #2501
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Paying off your trip is always celebration worthy!!

:ban ana:

That oughta do it!

Neither of my girls ever wanted to learn to sew. V already has skills with those lanyards she makes. It will be nice for you to have help so you can really relax and enjoy your time at the lake without thinking what you could be doing if you were home. Are you going to make her stay in the chair too?

I guess it's a good thing I'm sick, since I've had my nose in my computer looking at fabric on Etsy for the last day and a half!! Just a sinus thing and I'm on antibiotics, but not feeling well enough to do much. Thanks for the new rabbit hole I'm gladly going down….I think.g

I think dots on your red band would be so fun. Simple, understated and fun! Go for it!!

Did you ever think in just two short years that you would be where you are in your sewing skills and your business?? Not to mention all the friends you've made in that time both IRL and online! Your hard work and determination have really paid off! You go!!

Have a fun weekend!
Old 06-27-2014, 01:05 PM   #2502
Texan
No extra charge for the Tag Fairy entertainment! :)

Hey Miss D - its been crazy busy and I had to speed read through what I have missed - FIRST - CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR AUCTION! Woo Hoo! I know it was stressful, but be proud of yourself - and CONGRATS again on paying off your trip. Do you give your TA all of those GC numbers?

And congrats to Alli for getting the Starbucks job - Shane is working at my office for the summer - he needed a job to keep him busy and we had plenty for him to do around here.

I feel like I worked so hard before my vacation; then I took off for my vacation; then I worked very hard to catch up; then I took 2 days off this week to go to New Student Conferences with Shane at A&M - now I am working like crazy. I think life will slow down a little now (I hope). I want to keep up with all your Disney news!

I sent you a web site on my PM to look into your next vacation. Hope you find some time when you get back from Disney to dive in.

Glad to hear your Dad is doing well. I know he enjoyed your company and visit.

I had better get back to work - just wanted to pop in and say howdy. Take a moment to breathe and enjoy all this Disney planning! Hugs and prayers, Carol
<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = '02/04/2005 11:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=purple>Been too long, much too long </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Finally!!!!!!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 02:06 PM   #2503
sewmess
DIS Veteran

Great Googily Moogily - that's a lot of cards!!:scared

I hope V has fun making your bag. And Alli gets lots of good customer service under her belt and remembers what it's like to be on the other side for the future.

And on a side note: congrats to all your auction winners - they now own a D~ original work of art!! And it's useful, which is a major plus in my book.

Have a great weekend. I swear if I don't sew some this weekend I'm gonna pop!!!
'90:School 3 days at 3 parks + 3day Diz cruise (pre DCL) 2004: POP, 6 months after wedding to DH 2006: ASMovies DSis 50th b'day 2008: POR Herding Cats (Apr) 2008: ASMovies Redo/Freezing Bits Off (Nov) 2009 & 2010: CBR just DH & me 2011: CBR Herding Different Cats 2012: CBR Alone Again, Happily 2013: Time Out from the YotS 2014: Sick Trip
sewmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 02:37 PM   #2504
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

just wondering if you'll EVER have time to join my ptr.

Old 06-27-2014, 07:20 PM   #2505
Clio
Mouseketeer

I think it's great that V can help you with your projects. My daughter never wanted to learn to sew. Oddly enough, she does own a sewing machine. If only she'd learn to use it.
The castle bag looks wonderful. I really like the blue back round with the castle. Pink is not one of my favorite colors but it looks good as lining in that bag.
Wow that's a lot of gifts cards. It is nice to have the trip paid for. I'm going to get some gift cards before my trip.
We're almost done with the department reset. Now we have to learn where everything is.
I hope everyone has a great weekend.
Liz
Clio is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
august, bags, park bags, sewing, weight loss

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: