Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2014, 10:32 AM   #2431
lovedonaldduck
DIS Veteran

With all the anticipation, I can't believe that I forgot that today is auction day! Glad I remembered in time! I wish I didn't have to work so I could just stalk the auction all day It looks like the auction is off to a pretty good start - we all knew it would be! I wish my girls were old enough for the mini bags, Olaf and cupcake Minnie would be big hits in our house. I also wish you had made an Olaf wallet - I am in love with that interior fabric!

You are so busy! Enjoy your time with your dad tomorrow. It is so hard to balance your family with your parents - I am in the same boat. With DH and I both traveling for work this month, we are trying to spend down time as a family of 4 but I can't miss out on seeing my parents right now either. It is a tough balancing act.

Hope Alli gets the job and enjoys it. I so enjoyed working part time when I was in school (I actually didn't work until college). I loved the varied schedule and the working because I wanted to, not because I had bills to pay, like these days. I know you and Josh are super responsible with money, but be sure when Alli has an income you pass all that great advice down. I wish I had banked more of the money I was making when I was younger and started a 401(k) sooner - it would have been nice to have more of a cushion when I got married.

Love the black dress! You are so pretty! I always stock up on summer dresses at Loft - there sundresses are usually $25 for most of the summer, but at the end of the summer you can get them even cheaper, and they last forever! My office is pretty casual and I can wear them to work with a cardigan so I get great use out of them.

Off to work for me - after I check your auction one more time.
Old 06-20-2014, 11:05 AM   #2432
OregonMomToWDW
DIS Veteran

I love that there are coordinating bags. Although, if Marissa gets the bag she wants, she won't want to coordinate with Chelsea. The bag I want doesn't have a coordinating bag. Chelsea would love the minnie cupcake mini bag. We will have to see. I laughed out loud when I saw the mini cupcake bag, because I was sure Terri was doing a happy dance. I was so excited that you had done more than just 1 of those mini bags. I love your auctions, even though they exhaust you, but I hate them at the same time, because there are too many that I love.

PTR: 1 Summer, 2 Coasts, 3 Kids...Ready, Set, Go! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51560086
OregonMomToWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2014, 11:53 AM   #2433
tatar63
Earning My Ears

Auction

Wow! The more I look at the Auction Bags the more of them I want This is very dangerous for me as I have soooo many nieces who also love Disney

I remember kicking myself after the last auction on not winning one (I was in a business meeting and got out about 15 minutes after it ended)

Great job D~

Monica
tatar63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 02:07 PM   #2434
sewmess
DIS Veteran

Love the bags - as always - especially the Halloween one.

Just kind of skimmed, so I'm probably missing a bunch, but that's always a possibility with all the information here.

Have a great weekend!
'90:School 3 days at 3 parks + 3day Diz cruise (pre DCL) 2004: POP, 6 months after wedding to DH 2006: ASMovies DSis 50th b'day 2008: POR Herding Cats (Apr) 2008: ASMovies Redo/Freezing Bits Off (Nov) 2009 & 2010: CBR just DH & me 2011: CBR Herding Different Cats 2012: CBR Alone Again, Happily 2013: Time Out from the YotS 2014: Sick Trip
sewmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 06:17 PM   #2435
Clio
Mouseketeer

I love them all.
The black dress looks really good on you. I looked at that dress but I'm a little too tall which makes the dress too short.
Liz
Clio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 08:13 PM   #2436
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Just peaked in on your auction and it seems to going quite well! I hope you are happy with the outcome.

I love that black dress on you. If it turns out to be a little too big, you could just add a fun belt.

I hope the visit with your Dad went well today. I'm glad you had a chance to get up there. I know it is hard when you can't see him on a regular basis.

Congrats to Alli for getting the job. Does this mean you'll have to run her in and pick her up all the time? That could get old pretty quickly! But how fun to have your daughter making your coffee! And what do they do with all the leftover sweets??? Maybe they can bring them home. Of course you'll be a good girl and not eat them, but V and Josh would probably appreciate them.

I have been absent because Emily, Josh, Charlotte and Caroline have been her since Sunday. They leave tomorrow, so things will begin to get back to normal. We so enjoyed our weekend get-away and the time with our family once we got back. Now I need to catch up all over the DIS. Like you, I'm behind on everyone's PTRs and TRs.

Hope you have a great trip home and get some good sleep tonight so you can get all those awesome auction bags shipped off. You've done a fantastic job on every one of them!
Old 06-20-2014, 09:15 PM   #2437
Dopey4Life
Mouseketeer

Where is the auction? How do I access it?
All-Star Movies 12/2000 Pop Century 12/2006 All-Star Movies 11/2010 Pop Century 11/2011 Pop Century - Leap Day 2012 Port Orleans Riverside - Royal Rooms & MNSSHP - September 2012 Pop Century June 2013 Disney Wonder - 1st DCL cruise March 2014 Pop Century - 24 hour party May 2014 Port Orleans Riverside - Royal Rooms/Beach Club DVC Villas - June 2014 for 12 days Boardwalk DVC Villas MNSSHP October 2014 Beach Club Villas Dec 2014 Beach Club Villas March 2015
Dopey4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 09:27 PM   #2438
Denovagirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopey4Life View Post
On her Facebook: serendipiD
Denovagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 06:09 AM   #2439
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Sorry all, I do not have time to do replies this morning... But thank you all for liking my last peeks at my auction items.

So far, I am thrilled with how well it's going. Usually, when I do an auction, I have it set up, so when I have the first bid on each item - then I've reached my goal. Not a monetary goal, but a personal goal. It is always my goal to find a home for everything, and so far, I've been very lucky. It seems most people like something I make. Within 2 hours of my auction starting yesterday, I had made my goal of having one bid on each item. That's the exciting part for me.

Anyways... I must run... I have to be at my dad's at 8am this morning to get him to church on time. I also have to be parked somewhere at 9am, so I can end my auctions... At this point in time, I will have to do that via mobile, because no one else can do it. Should make it an interesting morning for me.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I will try to do today's replies tomorrow morning. And thank you all so much for your support over the last several weeks, and my crazy work schedule.

to all.

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 08:05 AM   #2440
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran

Time for summer vacation! I'm back! There is no way I will ever catch up on everything I missed so I'll just jump back in and say hope all is going well!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

August 2014 Trip Report (In progress) http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3324325

Pre -Trip Report for August 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3215904

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
August 2013 Walt Disney World - Pop Century
DisMom1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:28 AM   #2441
OregonMomToWDW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts
Sorry all, I do not have time to do replies this morning... But thank you all for liking my last peeks at my auction items.

So far, I am thrilled with how well it's going. Usually, when I do an auction, I have it set up, so when I have the first bid on each item - then I've reached my goal. Not a monetary goal, but a personal goal. It is always my goal to find a home for everything, and so far, I've been very lucky. It seems most people like something I make. Within 2 hours of my auction starting yesterday, I had made my goal of having one bid on each item. That's the exciting part for me.

Anyways... I must run... I have to be at my dad's at 8am this morning to get him to church on time. I also have to be parked somewhere at 9am, so I can end my auctions... At this point in time, I will have to do that via mobile, because no one else can do it. Should make it an interesting morning for me.

D~
You must have found a parking spot. That auction was intense. I guess Chelsea and I will be matching this year. I am going back to sleep now. Early morning auctions are hard on a body. Haha.

PTR: 1 Summer, 2 Coasts, 3 Kids...Ready, Set, Go! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51560086
OregonMomToWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 07:46 AM   #2442
DMGeurts

Yesterday's replies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
I think the black dress looks fabulous! They do look very comfy but I don't think they would work for me cause I'm a little too tall. I think they would be shorter on me than I am comfortable with.

I love the mini bags! I can't remember if you posted the dimensions for those? Just curious as to how big they are. Also, how long is the strap? Is it over the shoulder like the bigger bags? I tend to carry a much smaller bag when I'm not at Disney so one of those might be perfect.
Thank you Ariana... I really do love the tshirt dresses - they are so fun and comfy. I think you should go try one on at Target - you may be surprised - you aren't that tall.

I have the dimensions listed on photo #2 of my auction album.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
i have dog training tonight.. I if i lose on some of these i will be very upset...

what time does it start again??? all of them are perfect.
You did just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denovagirl View Post
Seriously?!?!!!!?! I have no words...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terkina View Post
Crossing my fingers that Alli gets the job.
Sounds like you're going to have a hectic weekend. I hope you get to enjoy some time with your dad even if you can't stay over night.

The dress looks really good on you.

And of course all the bags you've made looks amazing. I can't wait to see the auction. I hope the auction goes well even if you're not at home when it ends.
Allison did get the job. She is so excited!

Thank you. And thank you again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowellsl View Post
Hi D,

I tried to post yesterday on the Ipad but I don't think it went through
I love the new auction bags, so much work!! Love the Minnie cupcake! I know your auction will do really well!

Have a great weekend and enjoy your visit with your dad!
Thank you Stephanie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
If I win the lotto, I am bidding on all of them...they are spectacular.

Thanks for asking up above how I am doing. I'm okay and so is Mark. We are taking it one day at a time and have a lawyer looking at it for us.

I know how you feel about the kids and working. Andy got a job at 15; Markie didn't get a job until he was in college. Both were heavily involved in sports and during school, as long as the grades were kept up, I let them not work if they didn't want to.
Thank you Kathy.

Yah - I wish Alli didn't want to work... I really want her to just enjoy life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedonaldduck View Post
With all the anticipation, I can't believe that I forgot that today is auction day! Glad I remembered in time! I wish I didn't have to work so I could just stalk the auction all day It looks like the auction is off to a pretty good start - we all knew it would be! I wish my girls were old enough for the mini bags, Olaf and cupcake Minnie would be big hits in our house. I also wish you had made an Olaf wallet - I am in love with that interior fabric!

You are so busy! Enjoy your time with your dad tomorrow. It is so hard to balance your family with your parents - I am in the same boat. With DH and I both traveling for work this month, we are trying to spend down time as a family of 4 but I can't miss out on seeing my parents right now either. It is a tough balancing act.

Hope Alli gets the job and enjoys it. I so enjoyed working part time when I was in school (I actually didn't work until college). I loved the varied schedule and the working because I wanted to, not because I had bills to pay, like these days. I know you and Josh are super responsible with money, but be sure when Alli has an income you pass all that great advice down. I wish I had banked more of the money I was making when I was younger and started a 401(k) sooner - it would have been nice to have more of a cushion when I got married.

Love the black dress! You are so pretty! I always stock up on summer dresses at Loft - there sundresses are usually $25 for most of the summer, but at the end of the summer you can get them even cheaper, and they last forever! My office is pretty casual and I can wear them to work with a cardigan so I get great use out of them.

Off to work for me - after I check your auction one more time.
Thank you Jennifer.

I did have a good time with my Dad yesterday.

Yes, Alli was offered a job. She is pretty excited. And yes, she is required to save... I agree - I wish I would have put more into my 401k when I was younger.

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonMomToWDW View Post
I love that there are coordinating bags. Although, if Marissa gets the bag she wants, she won't want to coordinate with Chelsea. The bag I want doesn't have a coordinating bag. Chelsea would love the minnie cupcake mini bag. We will have to see. I laughed out loud when I saw the mini cupcake bag, because I was sure Terri was doing a happy dance. I was so excited that you had done more than just 1 of those mini bags. I love your auctions, even though they exhaust you, but I hate them at the same time, because there are too many that I love.
LOL - I know it's hard. Yes, I think Terri was doing the happy dance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatar63 View Post
Wow! The more I look at the Auction Bags the more of them I want This is very dangerous for me as I have soooo many nieces who also love Disney

I remember kicking myself after the last auction on not winning one (I was in a business meeting and got out about 15 minutes after it ended

Great job D~

Monica
Thank you Monica... Yes the auction was a lot of fun - and it's fun for me to see so many enjoying my items. I am glad you were successful this time around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewmess View Post
Love the bags - as always - especially the Halloween one.

Just kind of skimmed, so I'm probably missing a bunch, but that's always a possibility with all the information here.

Have a great weekend!
Thanks Ruth! I hope you have a good weekend too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clio View Post
I love them all.
The black dress looks really good on you. I looked at that dress but I'm a little too tall which makes the dress too short.
Liz
Thanks Liz... Yah- a lot of people are concerned about that. I really like the length on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
Just peaked in on your auction and it seems to going quite well! I hope you are happy with the outcome.

I love that black dress on you. If it turns out to be a little too big, you could just add a fun belt.

I hope the visit with your Dad went well today. I'm glad you had a chance to get up there. I know it is hard when you can't see him on a regular basis.

Congrats to Alli for getting the job. Does this mean you'll have to run her in and pick her up all the time? That could get old pretty quickly! But how fun to have your daughter making your coffee! And what do they do with all the leftover sweets??? Maybe they can bring them home. Of course you'll be a good girl and not eat them, but V and Josh would probably appreciate them.

I have been absent because Emily, Josh, Charlotte and Caroline have been her since Sunday. They leave tomorrow, so things will begin to get back to normal. We so enjoyed our weekend get-away and the time with our family once we got back. Now I need to catch up all over the DIS. Like you, I'm behind on everyone's PTRs and TRs.

Hope you have a great trip home and get some good sleep tonight so you can get all those awesome auction bags shipped off. You've done a fantastic job on every one of them!
Thank you Lois... For everything.

Yes... Grrr... I will have to run her into town every day she works and one of us will have to pick her up. Just thankful my auctions are over - otherwise there is no way I'd be able to make it work - that would be 2 hours out of my work day every day.

I hope yo had a great visit... I know - it must be sad to see them all go - but fun while they were there.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopey4Life View Post
Sorry I didn't see this. You can send me a PM if you'd like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denovagirl View Post
On her Facebook
Thank you Terri.

D~
Old 06-22-2014, 08:10 AM   #2443
DMGeurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMom1981 View Post
Time for summer vacation! I'm back! There is no way I will ever catch up on everything I missed so I'll just jump back in and say hope all is going well!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Welcome back Ann!!! I hope you are doing well - it's great to see you. And no worries, just jump on in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonMomToWDW View Post
You must have found a parking spot. That auction was intense. I guess Chelsea and I will be matching this year. I am going back to sleep now. Early morning auctions are hard on a body. Haha.
I did - LOL. Congratulations!

Yesterday was just crazy for me...

First off, I was up half the night, the night before... I did fall asleep until about 1am - which had nothing to do with my auctions - but somthing else entirely.

I had to be up at 4:30am, so I could be on the road to my Dad's at 6am.

I arrived at my Dad's at 8am... and we immediately left for his church... I dropped him at 8:45am...

Then I had to find somewhere to park...

I found a Target store... Connected to their wifi...

I had to end all of my auctions via my phone. None of my family was home to do it.

Sadly - it was a mess, as I was posting my closure notices, bids were still coming in. There were a few hiccups on FB... Live and learn, I guess. Sometimes life is more important, and there was nothing I could do to avoid ending the auctions via mobile.

Aside from that... Doing these auctions is such a stressful thing for me. My closest friends will tell you, I honestly do NOT care how much I get for each item. The part that I worry most about, is each item finding a home - I am a total basket case until each item has a bid, then I could care less about how much I get for it.

Having said that - I was in tears yesterday at Target... I was so shocked and emotional about how high some of my items went. After all this time, I still worry (a lot) that people won't like what I make, and it just blows my mind each and every time that they continue to enjoy my items.

So, after closing my auctions - I left Target and headed for the mall... Which was 30 min from my Dad's church.

I wandered around there for 2 hours... I stopped in to see some of my old co-workers from Gymboree... This is my "hometown mall" and I worked there for many years when the girls were little... So, it's fun to go and visit friends.

Then, I headed 30 minutes back to get my dad.

Then, an hour back to his house... Stopping for a wonderful sit-down lunch on the way.

I visited him for a little bit....

Then I was back on the road - 2 hours home.

I was soooo exhausted... After only 4.5 hours of sleep the night before, and headed into hours 7 & 8 on the road... Yah - I cranked up the tunes as loud as I could and continued to scream the lyrics the whole 2 hour drive home. Thankfully, I was able to stay awake.

Once here... I tried to organize my auction stuff... but I was too tired. I was in bed by 7:30 last night.

Today... I will be in my sewing room all day... I still have to finish my custom order from last week.

I will also be sorting auction items and attempting to get them all packed up.

Overall - I am very happy with the final numbers from my auction. Not only will I be able to pay off our trip in full... I will also be able to pay off my airfare... Plus, I made enough to cover all of our OOP expenses (Oop food & tips)... PLUS, I will have $137 left over to go towards souvenirs.

I would like to bring a bit more souvenir $$, so I might have another auction before we leave? We'll see how ambitious I am.

Anyways... Thank you all for hanging out and sticking with me through all this auction stuff - it takes a lot out of me, and it takes a lot of time - not only to prepare the items for it, but to run the auction itself and to get everything sent out... It's just a huge process. So, thanks - I couldn't do all of it with out all of you cheering me on.

I hope you all have a wonderful remainder of your weekend. Sending out prayers and good thoughts to all of you.

D~
Old 06-22-2014, 08:28 AM   #2444
Iamthequeen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Welcome back Ann!!! I hope you are doing well - it's great to see you. And no worries, just jump on in.

I did - LOL. Congratulations!

Yesterday was just crazy for me...

First off, I was up half the night, the night before... I did fall asleep until about 1am - which had nothing to do with my auctions - but somthing else entirely.

I had to be up at 4:30am, so I could be on the road to my Dad's at 6am.

I arrived at my Dad's at 8am... and we immediately left for his church... I dropped him at 8:45am...

Then I had to find somewhere to park...

I found a Target store... Connected to their wifi...

I had to end all of my auctions via my phone. None of my family was home to do it.

Sadly - it was a mess, as I was posting my closure notices, bids were still coming in. There were a few hiccups on FB... Live and learn, I guess. Sometimes life is more important, and there was nothing I could do to avoid ending the auctions via mobile.

Aside from that... Doing these auctions is such a stressful thing for me. My closest friends will tell you, I honestly do NOT care how much I get for each item. The part that I worry most about, is each item finding a home - I am a total basket case until each item has a bid, then I could care less about how much I get for it.

Having said that - I was in tears yesterday at Target... I was so shocked and emotional about how high some of my items went. After all this time, I still worry (a lot) that people won't like what I make, and it just blows my mind each and every time that they continue to enjoy my items.

So, after closing my auctions - I left Target and headed for the mall... Which was 30 min from my Dad's church.

I wandered around there for 2 hours... I stopped in to see some of my old co-workers from Gymboree... This is my "hometown mall" and I worked there for many years when the girls were little... So, it's fun to go and visit friends.

Then, I headed 30 minutes back to get my dad.

Then, an hour back to his house... Stopping for a wonderful sit-down lunch on the way.

I visited him for a little bit....

I'm so happy you had a good visit with your Dad.

Then I was back on the road - 2 hours home.

I was soooo exhausted... After only 4.5 hours of sleep the night before, and headed into hours 7 & 8 on the road... Yah - I cranked up the tunes as loud as I could and continued to scream the lyrics the whole 2 hour drive home. Thankfully, I was able to stay awake.

I can sympathize with you there. I worked for a theater company in Baltimore for a couple of years and had to drive home - only about 45 minutes, but still, late at night. It was tough going a couple of times.

Once here... I tried to organize my auction stuff... but I was too tired. I was in bed by 7:30 last night.

Today... I will be in my sewing room all day... I still have to finish my custom order from last week.

I will also be sorting auction items and attempting to get them all packed up.

Overall - I am very happy with the final numbers from my auction. Not only will I be able to pay off our trip in full... I will also be able to pay off my airfare... Plus, I made enough to cover all of our OOP expenses (Oop food & tips)... PLUS, I will have $137 left over to go towards souvenirs.

I would like to bring a bit more souvenir $$, so I might have another auction before we leave? We'll see how ambitious I am.

Anyways... Thank you all for hanging out and sticking with me through all this auction stuff - it takes a lot out of me, and it takes a lot of time - not only to prepare the items for it, but to run the auction itself and to get everything sent out... It's just a huge process. So, thanks - I couldn't do all of it with out all of you cheering me on.

I hope you all have a wonderful remainder of your weekend. Sending out prayers and good thoughts to all of you.

D~
I know I've told you before, but people will pay for quality handmade items! Yours are fantastic too. I didn't get to put in final bids because Charlie and I went car shopping We found 2 cars that we liked, so we are "sleeping" on our decision, but I'm pretty sure we will go back and buy them.

I think if you want to do another auction, that you just auction off a custom bag to be completed once you get back from your trip - just like your bag #10. That way you won't have to stress over getting one completed before your trip.
Old 06-22-2014, 09:00 AM   #2445
mblc14
Mouseketeer

Congrats on such a successful auction!! We all knew how great it would be. Youre becoming more and more popular with each one that you have. You work so hard on each and every bag, you deserve to reap the benefits!!

DisDads Member #542
2007 Pop Century Christmas
2012 Bay Lake Tower Spring Break
March 2012 TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post44424786
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2872355 March 2012 PTR
Dec. 2014 PTR (in progress)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3257258
mblc14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
august, bags, park bags, sewing, weight loss

Rate This Thread