Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2013, 12:21 PM   #226
KatMark
DIS Veteran

D, I'm sorry I fell behind (I go away for a long weekend and I get so far behind ).

I already told you on FB that I love the Mickey bag, but I'll tell you again...I love it.

And the Christmas stockings are absolutely great.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:30 PM   #227
Terkina
DIS Veteran

I hope your day at Target goes ok and fast.

The interior fabric for the stockings looks great and combines well with the fabric on the outside of the stocking.

How great that you have saved enough money for the embroidery machine. That must make you feel happy.

It sounds like a trip in the northern parts of the USA has to be done in September rather then in May because of risk for storms.

It's so sad that there probably won't be any Disney parks for me when we take the northern part of the country unless I can persuade my friend to go to Disneyland again.

My Pre-Trip report My Trip report
Me Tantor Terkina Esmeralda

Last edited by Terkina; 11-13-2013 at 04:01 PM.
Terkina is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2013, 01:47 PM   #228
Iamthequeen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terkina View Post
Me and my friend started to think about another USA trip. But this time we want to do the northern parts of the country. So my question is: When does the snow disappear where you live? When we decide to travel we want to do it either in the spring (after the snow is gone) or in the fall (after the warmest days are gone)
My niece lived in Cody, Wyoming a couple of years ago - they had a snow storm at the end of May 2 years ago. If you are planning on visiting the northern Rockies - Yellowstone National Park area, you should be aware that they may get snow in the middle of September. I think an August visit would be better (and maybe safer!)

The interior fabrics on the stocking are so fun! I think the lime green for Thomas' stocking is perfect and not something that he will outgrow anytime soon.

I really need to get out some pictures of our stockings. My younger son was born on Christmas day (many years ago). When the nurses brought him to me, he was in a huge felt stocking with a little elf cap on his head. We kept the stocking and I cross-stitched nutcrackers on it because he loved nutcrackers. He still uses that stocking, so I don't think its a question of outgrowingit, its a tradition.
Wait.....we're staying where? and when??

2001 - All Star Movies; 2010 - POFQ; 2011 - POFQ; 2013- Caribbean Beach
Iamthequeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:08 PM   #229
Terkina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthequeen View Post
My niece lived in Cody, Wyoming a couple of years ago - they had a snow storm at the end of May 2 years ago. If you are planning on visiting the northern Rockies - Yellowstone National Park area, you should be aware that they may get snow in the middle of September. I think an August visit would be better (and maybe safer!)
Thank you for the information. It sounds like it's going to be harder then I first thought to find a time of year it's best to visit the northern parts of USA.

My Pre-Trip report My Trip report
Me Tantor Terkina Esmeralda
Terkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 03:24 PM   #230
sweetpeaandevie
DIS Veteran

Sooooo, I have been so bad about getting on the dis for a couple of months now I am ashamed to admit that I have just caught up with you

To be honest, I have peeked in on a few PTR and TR but saved yours because I knew that I was just hopelessly behind. I am caught up now, but only with your daily posts...I have mostly just scrolled through the in betweens....

I have to say though that YOU LOOK GREAT!!!! I did not really notice that there was such a difference until I saw those pics of your "journey" one right after the other...I guess since I have seen pics of you over time I just didn't notice it as much but WOW!!! Keep it up, you are doing a great job

Anywho, the bags look wonderful, as always. Still waiting for news on the girls' trip I am around, lurking, even if I don't always comment.....I will probably have more time maybe around January to keep up....maybe....
Old 11-13-2013, 03:56 PM   #231
babynala
DIS Veteran

Love the interior fabrics.

YIPPIE on saving up enough for the embroidery machine. I am impressed!!!!!! Can't wait to see what you can create with it.

babynala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:05 PM   #232
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Love the fabrics for the stockings!! They go so well together!!

Ugh about being on your feet for so long. That does have to be hard.

What do you mean we're driving to WDW from CA? PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3179094
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:11 AM   #233
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConnFan View Post
The stockings are beautiful! I love the fabrics (in and out!). I hope your shift goes quickly and as painlessly as possible!

Can't wait to see the new bag
Thank you so much! I am excited to see the new bag too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
ohhhh I LOVE the inside fabrics!!!!! you should do crafts fairs.. ya know in your spare time! HA HA HA HA...
Yes, in all of my oodles and oodles of spare time. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
well you passed on your headache to me... I have a blistering headache that is actually making me sick to my stomach today... I hope it goes away soon as i have to work my 2nd job right after this one...
I am sorry - I hope it goes away soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by npierce25 View Post
The stockings are too cute. Have a good day at work. Look into nurse shoes. Cumberland makes a good pair that are more affordable then some of the other ones. They help with foot fatigue. I'm a nurses an work 12 hour shifts. And holidays are a must. Good luck this year!
Thanks! Well... I have several shoes I rotate through for work... Danskos clogs, Keens, Merrills... I will look into nursing shoes though, there must be something out there that can get me through a 5.5 hour shift - it's not a long shift for anyone, but me. Sigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniMorris View Post
I am supposed to working on my last minute Disney projects, so I have to be quick...but those two interior fabrics are my FAVORITE Christmas Fabrics of all time!

Nini
Thanks! I love them too! I wanted something different and fun - I am just worried they are a bit too girly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritsim View Post
Love all the stockings and just love the girls inside fabric. The guys is cute to but the girls is the bomb...keep up the good work
Thanks Trish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingofCastles View Post
What embroidery machine are you purchasing? I am thinking about asking for one for Christmas and have my eye on one, but would be open to suggestions! You can PM me if you don't want to "advertise" !
I do hope that you won't have to work on Thanksgiving! I hate it that some stores are opening then! I won't even do the BF sales! There is a big craft festival near here that I go to with a friend every year on BF and I'd rather spend time with my friend that a bunch of pushy strangers!!
I am purchasing a used Brother PE770... It's the machine I've wanted since the beginning, but I just cannot justify the $700 new price tag for as little as I would use it. So a good friend offered me one of her machines at a good used price. The only thing I will use it for - as far as my bags are concerned is to put fonts on them, if any one requests - but not monograming... and it's very rare that anyone would request. So, this will mostly just be a fun machine for my personal use. The thing I liked/needed the most was the USB port - which allows me to purchase any digitized design/font and applique/embroider it, it also has a 5x7 hoop, which is a mid size.

I am not sure what shift I will have over Thanksgiving yet, but I am sure it will be crazy regardless. I love watching the madness - I have no desire to participate in it either. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogero View Post
those fabrics are awesome. LOve them. I have Scrapbook paper like that.

Have fun at Target.
Thanks!!! They have been fun to work with!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewmess View Post
I think the inside fabric is fabulous.

Have a good day at Target! Now, I too, Must get to work.
Thanks! I love the fabrics too. I hope you had a good day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
D, I'm sorry I fell behind (I go away for a long weekend and I get so far behind).

I already told you on FB that I love the Mickey bag, but I'll tell you again...I love it.

And the Christmas stockings are absolutely great.
Absolutely no worries at all Kathy... I am easy going - you know that. LOL But thank you for taking the time to catch up -that means a lot to me.

Quote:
I hope your day at Target goes ok and fast.

The interior fabric for the stockings looks great and combines well with the fabric on the outside of the stocking.

How great that you have saved enough money for the embroidery machine. That must make you feel happy.
Thanks! It went OK. I am very happy to have saved up the $$ for the embroidery machine - I am very excited to have it for our upcoming trip, it will definately make things easier!

Quote:
It sounds like a trip in the northern parts of the USA has to be done in September rather then in May because of risk for storms.

It's so sad that there probably won't be any Disney parks for me when we take the northern part of the country unless I can persuade my friend to go to Disneyland again.
Well... September isn't that bad, and to be honest June and July are very pretty too - there are still storms, but most of them occur in April/May... June and July are hot - but not as hot (normally) as August. And I don't think any of it is too unbearable. And as long as you are watching the weather - you should be able to avoid most of the storms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthequeen View Post

The interior fabrics on the stocking are so fun! I think the lime green for Thomas' stocking is perfect and not something that he will outgrow anytime soon.

I really need to get out some pictures of our stockings. My younger son was born on Christmas day (many years ago). When the nurses brought him to me, he was in a huge felt stocking with a little elf cap on his head. We kept the stocking and I cross-stitched nutcrackers on it because he loved nutcrackers. He still uses that stocking, so I don't think its a question of outgrowingit, its a tradition.
Thanks Tess! I know you do need pictures of your stockings - for sure! I'd love to see them!

That is so adorable about your DS - it's totally tradition and very sentimental - definately a lifetime keepsake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpeaandevie View Post
Sooooo, I have been so bad about getting on the dis for a couple of months now I am ashamed to admit that I have just caught up with you

To be honest, I have peeked in on a few PTR and TR but saved yours because I knew that I was just hopelessly behind. I am caught up now, but only with your daily posts...I have mostly just scrolled through the in betweens....
Hi Reena! It's great to see you! No worries - I figure people will just catch up when they can... But even if they can't - I just hope they stop by and say hi occasionally. I totally understand that my threads tend to move fast and they are hard to keep up with, but I certainly don't want my friends to think that they have to keep up in order to stop in and say hi. But thank you so much for taking the time to catch up - I really appreciate it!

Quote:
I have to say though that YOU LOOK GREAT!!!! I did not really notice that there was such a difference until I saw those pics of your "journey" one right after the other...I guess since I have seen pics of you over time I just didn't notice it as much but WOW!!! Keep it up, you are doing a great job
Thank you so much! That really means a lot to me. I have put in a lot of hard work - and it's nice to hear that there is a noticable difference. I am really starting to see a lot of changes, and it's fun to look in the mirror and know that your hard work it paying off.

Quote:
Anywho, the bags look wonderful, as always. Still waiting for news on the girls' trip I am around, lurking, even if I don't always comment.....I will probably have more time maybe around January to keep up....maybe....
Thanks! And I am so glad you will still be around - thanks so much for stopping by!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post
Love the interior fabrics.

YIPPIE on saving up enough for the embroidery machine. I am impressed!!!!!! Can't wait to see what you can create with it.
Thank you!

I am not sure how much I will create with it... I have been looking at some embroidery sites this morning and I am a bit overwhelmed. I am trying to buy what I think we would use for our next trip and I just don't know where to start? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
Love the fabrics for the stockings!! They go so well together!!

Ugh about being on your feet for so long. That does have to be hard.
Thank you Sandra. Yes - it does get hard. It usually takes my feet a full day to recover from my one shift per week at Target. I can't imagine how it would be if I worked there every day? I hope you are doing well and feeling OK... I need to go find your PTR to see if there are any updates.

I had a nice day at Target yesterday... Despite the promises of a "busy day" when I walked in - it wasn't all that busy. Sigh. Oh well - it's over until next week.

I made dinner last night... believe it or not... The girls and I think I accidentally recreated a very close version of LTT's Freedom Pasta! As we were eating, Alli said "Mom, this tastes really familliar" - then all of us at the same time "Freedom Pasta!" LOL It was hilarious! So, needless to say - we had a great dinner!

As I am sure you all read - if you read my comments above - that I purchased the embroidery machine yesterday. I am very excited! But, quite honestly - it took me several months to save up for it - I don't expect it to be shipped right away. I am just relieved that my part of it is done. LOL I will be anxiously awaiting it's arrival - but I have no plans for it yet - and nothing on my schedule where it would be needed immediately. Like I sad - I am just RELIEVED it's paid for - finally!

Today, I will be working on my custom order. Alli is home sick - she is not feeling well yet... Sore throat/headache/tummy issues... So, it promises to be an interesting day.

Anyways - have a great day all!

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:17 AM   #234
cogero
DIS Veteran

Sorry Target wasn't as busy as you liked. I am sure it will get busier.

Can't wait to see your bag. I am loving my Mabel and think I know how I want to arrange the machines now. My only problem now is lighting so I am on the lookout for a couple of cheap OTT LITES since I broke mine but it was over 10 years old.

Have a good day sewing it is parent teachers here.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:24 AM   #235
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I hate slow days at work...is much rather be busy.

I hope your new machine arrives in a timely fashion.

Sorry Alli is sick...hope she feels better soon.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:47 AM   #236
sweetpeaandevie
DIS Veteran

haha slow days at work seems to be the only time I can catch up around here!!!
Old 11-14-2013, 08:35 AM   #237
babynala
DIS Veteran

YEAH for the embroidery machine that is on its way. I have a feeling Victoria may take a liking to it and you can put her to work on the stuff for your trips.

Bringing the Disney magic home with Freedom Pasta.

Hope Alli feels better soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogero View Post
My only problem now is lighting so I am on the lookout for a couple of cheap OTT LITES since I broke mine but it was over 10 years old.
Not sure if it is available on line yet but Joann's after Thanksgiving sales are usually pretty good and OTT Lites always seem to be on sale. (Which you probably already know).

babynala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:38 AM   #238
Clio
Mouseketeer

I'm glad you were able to buy the machine you wanted. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to arrive.
I hardly ever get slow days at work. Today should be interesting. The new Playstation gets releaved at midnight and as of yesterday we haven't gotten all of the preorders from Sony yet. I don't know what I'm working on Thanksgiving,eithe
Have a good day working on your projects. I hope Allie feels better soon.
Liz
Clio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:43 AM   #239
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Congrats on getting your machine paid for!!! I do hope Alli feels better quickly. I have the same "crud" right now too...so draining on you physically.
oopsiDAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:50 AM   #240
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Hope Allison gets better!!! Give her a hug for me!!!

Chicago Mo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
august, bags, park bags, sewing, weight loss

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: