Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2014, 05:03 AM   #2251
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
STOOOOOOOOOP
im not that good...

I promise to update as much as i can... But as you know work is bad...

I did post a reply to you earlier this week and see it never made it up?!?! WHAT'S THAT ABOUT?!?!?!

OK on my way to the interesting world of Pot holes and blowing my nose....
Yes you are...

I don't see any other replies, other than the one I quoted.. I hate when the Dis does that.

I hope you're feeling better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denovagirl View Post
I'm already cracking up at you guys and all she's written is the airport pick ups!!!
Hahaha... We like to think we are pretty funny...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denovagirl View Post
And you also are in my continued prayers D! *HUGS*
Thank you Terri!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthequeen View Post
D~ I'm so sorry to hear the news about your uncle. I will pray for a peaceful journey for him.

Also wanted to let you know that there will be a hard ticket Villains bash at Hs on Aug 23!

Lottie is adorable!
Thank you Tess.

I saw that... I wonder what that will do for other parks?

Thanks... We kind of like her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWCP96 View Post
Just getting back on the DIS and catching up but wanted to say my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Welcome back - it's great to see you! Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clio View Post
I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle. I'll keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.
Lottie is so cute. I'd never seem a hedgehog before.
I'm glad you found a way to get all ten bags for the auction.
Sorry about your back. Hope it feels better soon.
Liz
Thank you Liz... for all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonMomToWDW View Post
So sorry to hear about your Uncle. Your family are in my prayers.

The first chapter of Epic Dismeet is great.

The auctioning of a custom for bag #10 is genius. Love that idea. I have a feeling that one will be a bit insane. You have some pretty smart friends here.

I hope your back improves even more today. I am jealous of it being last day of school. Jacob is done Friday, Marissa is done and graduates on Thursday and Chelsea, poor Chelsea, is done the 17th.

Well, I should be working.
Thanks Shannon.

I agree - I do think bag #10 was genius... Wish I'd come up with it myself.

It's still quite sore, but I think it's getting better? The pain comes and goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedonaldduck View Post
So sorry to hear about your uncle. Praying for him, you, and the family.

I'm glad with my suggestion you were able to find a way to take some of the auction pressure off of yourself.

Lottie is very cute! Can't wait to hear all about her adventures.

Your girls look beautiful! Peyton's last day of school is tomorrow, then she will be on her way to 3rd grade. They grow up too fast! No sleeping in for us this summer - the girls are in summer camp at Charlotte's daycare starting on Monday.

Sorry about your back, hope you are feeling better soon!
Thank you Jennifer.

And yes, you definitely saved me with my auctions. I am tempted to do 2 of them... LOL But nah...

Yes, we do like her a lot. She is super cute and a little fiesty.

Wow... Sounds like your girls will have a fun summer.

I think it's getting better? It felt good when I got up this morning, but now it's quite sore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by npierce25 View Post
I am so sorry about the loss of your uncle. Sending prayers your way.

Lottie is by far the cutest thing I've ever seen! I will have to hide those photos from my dd.......

We have stayed ar pofq before. It was a no brainer when they said my pin code included free dining there..... We loved it last time..... It's so quiet and nice... We have a garden view room..... I know dd will be excited.

Can't wait to read about your adventures with mos trip report!

Ouch with your back! That's the worst. Ice and Motrin will hopefully help.
Thank you.

Yes, she is cute... It's fun to watch her run around - she's quick!

Yah - we love FQ, it's the best resort there is, IMO. Thrilled to be staying there again. And to have FD on top of it all - well - we are pretty lucky.

Me too! LOL

Yup, I've been icing and taking ibuprofen... Still sore though. Sigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniMorris View Post
So very sorry to hear about your uncle. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Nini
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewmess View Post
Your family will be in my thoughts as you prepare to celebrate a loved life.

Today is turning out to be...odd. I was busy in the morning but this afternoon is a waiting game. I hate waiting on other people to get their stuff done so I can do my stuff.

Hope today is more productive.
Thank you Ruth.

I hate that too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutofan0902 View Post
So sorry to hear about your uncle. My prayers are with you and your family.

Lottie is adorable. I've never seen one before. Our local pet shop has the but they are always hiding. Can't wait to see more pics. Poor MM, he just wants to play
Thank you Carrie...

I have a progress report for you below.

LOL - Yes, Lottie does love to hide... She is quite cute, and very prickly when she wants to be... I held her for the first time last night, and now I am in love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardheadedwoman View Post
So sorry about your uncle, you and your family will be in my prayers.

Lissette
Thank you Lissette.

I went on Caringbridge.org this morning for an update on my uncle... Quite a sad way to find out... No one has called me yet. He was on my mind a lot yesterday.

Here's what was written by my aunt (his sister)...

Dear Relatives and Friends,

We want to thank all of you for your never ending support throughout the last 3 weeks. Your words of encouragement and prayers have given us the strength to cope with this & comfort our family after Harold痴 passing this afternoon.

We greatly appreciate the posts you made to this site.

We were amazed by how many people followed his journey through this website. It was the highlight of our day to read the many words of encouragement and hope from all of you. .

We will keep the website open for a couple of months, so please feel free to continue with your posts and stories about Harold in the guestbook, as they mean a lot to us.

Thank you again

We will be posting info about the wake and his funeral as we get the info.

God bless you all

I wanted to take a moment to post a few pictures of him... Such a wonderful man with a genuine heart and a love of people. He will be greatly missed.

This one is an older picture of him... My Grandfather died in 1997, and he is pictured here, so it's previous to that.

This last Christmas...

And at the beginning of May, when he had his first stroke and was released from the hospital...

Of all my aunts, uncles and family - he was the 3rd youngest of 11, so I never imagined his life would be so short. I am thankful I was able to visit him in the hospital a few weeks ago and say hello - at that time, we still had a lot of hope for his recovery.

Thank you all for letting me share this here, and thank you all - from the very bottom of my heart - for all of your prayers and hugs, they mean the world to me.

I spent the entire day yesterday in my sewing room... I finished up the applique on my custom order and began my pre-assembly prep... This is not a bag I make often, the last one I made was last fall... So, it's kind of a "remembering as I go" process. But it's looking great so far. I really wanted to finish it yesterday, but that was not to be... My back was starting to bother me, so I took off the remainder of the afternoon to ice it and rest.

The girls are done with school - they are very happy about it.

After dinner, we did a quick cleaning of the house... Josh's uncle is flying in from St. Louis this afternoon (the one we stayed with on our way home from TN this spring) and he is spending the night at our house.

Then the girls and I took Lottie out to play with her... She is so cute! Although - she is difficult to cuddle, since the slightest spook causes her quills to stand on end. LOL She let me cuddle with her in my cupped hands for quite a while last night though... and now I just love her!

Today, BFF is having sinus surgery, so I have to be at her house at 7:15 this morning... I will be with her at the hospital and spending the night with her, along with most of tomorrow. Prayers for an uneventful procedure would be greatly appreciated.

My back is still bothering me... The pain comes and goes... Each time it goes, I think it's gone for good, then it's back again. Sigh. I am getting frustrated because I am afraid I will have back problems forever now. Grrrr... If it's not better by Monday - I will go in to the Dr. The problem with that, is that I don't want pain meds at all... I am a believer that (in some cases) pain meds just mask the symptoms and don't treat the actual problem. Hopefully the Dr. will present me with other solutions. A trusted friend on FB suggested a Chiropractor, so I may look into that route as well.

Again, thank you so much for your prayers and support for my uncle and his family. It means the world to me.

I hope you all have a wonderful day... Sending out prayers and good thoughts to all in need.

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 06:09 AM   #2252
kbarrett
Mouseketeer

So sorry for your loss and to find out through the internet is never fun, but in this the technology age it seems news travels faster that way :-(
Prayers for an uneventful surgery for your bff and a very speedy recovery!
That is such a cute little pet how did you come to get one?
Hopefully your back is better ASAP or the doctor has some healing ideas! Best of luck!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards
Register to remove

Old 06-06-2014, 07:27 AM   #2253
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

D~, first of all, my prayers, my heart and my love go out to you at the loss of your uncle. He looked so good in that last picture! I'm so sorry for your loss!

Little Lottie is adorable! And she IS quite little isn't she? How big will she get? I know nothing about hedgehogs except for Over the Hedge. hahah Hope MM doesn't get the business end of those quills while trying to play with her!

The girls looked beautiful for their last day of school. I love the maxi dresses that are so popular these days. I remember when they were last popular I could actually get away with wearing one!

I'm glad Jennifer saved the day for you! Brilliant! Now you can relax a bit and take care of that back of yours. I will pray for speedy recovery and a good solution for you so you can get back to lifting. When Dan's back flares up, he does 20 minutes of ice followed by 20 minutes of no ice, which is probably what you're doing. I agree that your eating lifestyle is the key for your weight loss, but totally understand wanting to get back to your workouts as soon as prudently possible.

I'm loving all these people going to FQ!!! It's the best!!

Now, I'll be jumping over to Mo's to read the first installment. Take care today and have a wonderful weekend!
Old 06-06-2014, 07:40 AM   #2254
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

D~ so sorry for your loss.

Charlotte is adorable! Is she named after the character in Princess and the Frog? Makes me kind of want one but I really don't need any more pets. Besides I'd worry that the dogs would hurt it. I'm surprised that we've only lost one chipmunk so far this summer. Sierra is quite the little hunter.

Thanks so much for the link for POFQ! I'm going to check it out when I get a chance. Looking at the map, the resort looks so small that I'm thinking any building would be fine. It's killing me not telling my Mom yet but if I don't make it a birthday present to her, she's going to insist on paying half. I'm just hoping that I don't slip up between now and September.

I like your idea of trying for A & E later in the week you are there although it may be easier to get one now because they extended their hours . Before they were only meeting till 5 pm but now I think it's till at least 9 pm. I'm not sure if the FP+ kiosks are on the maps because I don't grab a map anymore just a times guide. But they were very well marked and I didn't have a problem finding one when we needed it.
Pluto0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 07:41 AM   #2255
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

I am so sorry about your uncle. he was pretty young too right? terrible. just terrible. and my heart goes to your family.

Chicago Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 09:54 AM   #2256
OregonMomToWDW
Mouseketeer

So sorry to hear about your uncle.

When I hurt my back and shoulder (lifting weights), I went to the doctor and she referred me to a physical therapist. Worked wonders. Sometimes I hurt worse after my session, but I knew it was helping me get my muscles and back to working properly. She also went through training and inspected my form to make sure I was lifting properly. She assigned exercises to train my back and shoulders to lift correctly. I never realized I didn't raise my arms over my head correctly and that was causing problems with my shoulder. I am much more conscious of form and how I lift.

PTR: 1 Summer, 2 Coasts, 3 Kids...Ready, Set, Go! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51560086
OregonMomToWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 09:57 AM   #2257
MPWife153
Mouseketeer

I'm so sorry to hear of your uncle's passing prayers for you & your family!

Lottie the hedgehog is so stinikin cute! (& I her name, but then again i did name my youngest Lottie as well )

Hoping your back feels better. I totally agree about pain meds. The only time I have taken them was directly after i had my kids. The pain is there for a reason & if the pain meds make that feeling go away how will you know if it is getting better or worse?

Me(40)DH(38)DSS(14)DD(9) My Angel DS Our Miracle DD(3)
MPWife153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 12:46 PM   #2258
familyabgar
Mouseketeer

I'm so sorry for your family's loss.

I have chronic back pain and see an osteopath who specialized in pain management. Since he has a holistic worldview, no drugs! Though I take painkillers when needed, but just Aleve. I've also seen several chiropractors, but prefer the style of a DO. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/002020.htm
familyabgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 04:35 PM   #2259
sewmess
DIS Veteran

I went to the chiropractor for my lower back and a physical therapist for my shoulder. I have to second Oregon Mom about sometimes hurting more after a session, but ultimately it really helped. I actually want to do the shoulder exercises because my shoulder hurts so much less when I consistently doing them.

Your family is still in my thoughts; losing a family member when they're that young is tough.

Hedgehogs are adorable, but our Adora Belle would definitely try to "play" with it. She's having a huge time right now, chasing the moths and stuff that come with us after walking the dog.

Hang in there with the back, the sorrow, the sewing, the auctions and the teens home from school for three months!

Have a great weekend!

Now planning for 2014 - 10th Anniversary
'90:School 3 days at 3 parks + 3day Diz cruise (pre DCL) 2004: POP, 6 months after wedding to DH 2006: ASMovies DSis 50th b'day 2008: POR Herding Cats (Apr) 2008: ASMovies Redo/Freezing Bits Off (Nov) 2009 & 2010: CBR just DH & me 2011: CBR Herding Different Cats 2012: CBR Alone Again, Happily 2013: Time Out from the YotS
sewmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 05:46 PM   #2260
sweetpeaandevie
DIS Veteran

I am so sorry for your loss. It's hard when they go young, and especially to find out that way!

Good luck to your BFF. I hope it all goes smoothly!!!
Old 06-06-2014, 07:49 PM   #2261
DisneyTeacher01
Mouseketeer

So sorry to hear about your uncle. :group hug:

~Jennifer

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post51079465

2014~All Star Sports (I'm finally going back!!!)
2010~One Day only
2005~All Star Movies
2004~All Star Movies
2001~WDW College Program
1996~Off Site
DisneyTeacher01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 09:00 PM   #2262
Denovagirl
DIS Veteran

Sweet family photos, thanks for sharing. Bummer to find out such difficult news via the internet though, oh the times have changed...

Also big bummer on your back! I didn't know you were having issues, I too would highly suggest a chiropractor. I work for two of them and they are the most healing people I know. If you don't like being "cracked", which is a lot of peoples fear, look up "Pro Adjuster Chiropractor" on facebook. You should be able to find a doctor that has a special machine to adjust without popping or cracking that way if you prefer.

For us we are very natural. We hardly ever take meds in our house and when we get sick the first place we go is the chiro! They actually are not spine doctors, they are nerve doctors, but they are associated with back pain a lot, because that is a very common side effect of chiro! Both my girls love going to, Maddie's first adjustment was 3 days old! So yea, we really LOVE and believe in the healing powers of chiro around here!

You could also look into getting a personal tens unit! If you haven't already they are AWESOME! Love them, and I would google some healing back stretches and exercises, or I am sure any chiropractor you would see will happily share some if you ask.

I hope you get a handle on it soon, it's such an awful problem to have, especially when you are hunched over sewing a lot... I've been feeling it with the shoe painting too, so I can only imagine your pain, as you work FAR MORE than I on your bags!!

Praying for you all around D, and your friend as well, to have an uneventful procedure!!
Denovagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 10:23 PM   #2263
jedimeg16
Mouseketeer

I am very sorry for the loss of your uncle. Your family continues to be in my thoughts and prayers.

'Ohana Means Family - My first TR
jedimeg16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 06:29 AM   #2264
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Just checking into say hi and to see how your friend's surgery went. I hope she is feeling better already!
Old 06-07-2014, 07:41 AM   #2265
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Sorry for not quoting this morning... I am currently residing on bff's couch and responding from my tablet, its just super hard to multi quote on it. So, I sure hope I am not missing anything or anyone.

First of all, I want to thank all of you for your well wishes for bff... She was a real trooper yesterday, aside from a constant bloody nose after the surgery, she was her normal self. I suspect its mostly due to the meds, and today will probably be much different. I plan to be here most of the morning/afternoon, when a childhood friend of here's is planning to take over.

I received a call last night that my uncle's wake is tomorrow evening and his funeral is on Monday. Its a 3 hour drive for me, but I hope to go up tomorrow afternoon and come home on Monday.

Which throws my work schedule into a crazy mess! Because of my back, and last week's bag being a bit more difficult, I am really far behind. I need to work as much as I can tonight and tomorrow morning, I hope to finish, but I am not certain I will? Which puts my schedule next week off as well... With the funeral on Monday and working at Target on Tuesday, I won't be able to start next week's custom order until Wednesday, and its imperative I get caught up on my custom orders before I resume working on Auction Bag #9. Sigh.

And you all know how picky I am about my schedule and custom orders. This is always super stressful for me.

On top of it all, my back is still bothering me... It seems to be getting better (very slowly), the pain is subsiding, but it is still there. There are times when I don't feel it at all and there are times when it's super painful, which is very frustrating for me. I am really hoping to resume some sort of light activity on Tuesday morning, I probably won't consider doing any heavy lifting at all until the following week.

Disney update:

Things are coming together nicely, we've been able to talk about our FP choices. And yesterday Olivia showed me her Disney wardrobe... She's been a busy girl and there is definitely a theme there for her. . She also painted herself a pair of shoes, she did a great job! I am super excited that she is getting into the magic of it all... Victoria and I will have a kindred spirit with us.

I hope you all have a wonderful day... Prayers and good thoughts to all.

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
august, bags, park bags, sewing, weight loss

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: