Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2014, 09:38 AM   #1906
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

YAY!!! this sounds AH-MAZ-ING!!! I am so happy for all of you! It's all going to work out after all!!! everyone is HAPPY! V gets her beignets!

BRING ON THE AUCTION!!!
Chicago Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:19 AM   #1907
lovedonaldduck
DIS Veteran

Hooray for saving money! What a great wife you are to try and surprise Josh with the trip he wants, I hope it all works out. I imagine your auction will do better than you expect - I don't think you give yourself enough credit!

So, now you've planted the idea in my head that I need to pull together a trip for DH. Our typical vacation schedule is a long weekend for DH and I to Vegas for Super Bowl weekend, a week long Disney trip for the whole family (including my parents), and I do a girls' weekend trip to Food and Wine Festival with some mommy friends. Vegas is DH's happy place, so he does get that, at least; but I feel like we need to add a trip that is about him to even things out a bit. Time to start saving!

Sorry about Alli and Gus. I can imagine how hard it is to let her make her own decision but I admire you for sticking to it. It's so hard to let them grow up (and mine are only 2 1/2 and 8!). Having teenage girls scares me, but I guess that's the natural course from having baby girls

Sounds like you had a productive sewing day yesterday! Hope Target goes well today!
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2014, 11:04 AM   #1908
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

I am so happy that your trip has changed in so many wonderful ways!! Don't quite know how you managed to trim the cost so much. Maybe you'll have to school us on that later. But soooo excited for you as well as your BFF! Gotta love pre-trip Pixie Dust! (And a smart friend such as Bernadette!!)

A surprise trip for Josh is such a great idea!! I love doing that for Dan, and he loves it too. I hope you can share with us where you're going, but if not, that's okay too. I think you're right, he will be much more tolerant of your Disney plans when he gets what he wants. He's probably feeling a bit left out. Poor baby! I just had a thought about something we did for Dan. We had "Dan Appreciation Day" where we put up balloons and streamers and signs. We waited on him hand and foot. We fixed his favorite meal and dessert and all the kids wrote him a letter telling him why they appreciated him so much. He was thrilled!

I do NOT miss those days of wondering how to handle our teens as they grapple with life and love. I will continue to pray for this situation with Gus.

Hope your day at Target goes quickly. It is so great that you are getting so much done toward your auction. Can't wait to see the latest custom bag. Have a great day!
Old 04-29-2014, 07:35 PM   #1909
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Glad the talk went well with Gus and Allie. I hope that she doesn't get too hurt in whatever the decision is. But unfortunately that's how we learn and grow is by being able to make our own decisions.

Great job getting so much done. Hope you have a successful week.

Our trip got a major change!!!! I posted on my ptr.

Wait this isn't the way to WDW! TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3346971
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:12 PM   #1910
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

OOPS!! Double post.

Wait this isn't the way to WDW! TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3346971
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:24 PM   #1911
KatMark
DIS Veteran

D, I'm so happy that everything is working out.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:17 PM   #1912
solana131
DIS Veteran

Yay! Everything is coming together So happy for you! This is going to be a great trip.

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
solana131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:06 PM   #1913
sewmess
DIS Veteran

Whoot for saving $$$ and hoping for a surprise for Josh!

I'm not liking the subtext about Gus. Tough on you, Josh, Gus and especially Allison. Teenagers feel everything so much sharper. But she does have a great example before...never under estimate actions speaking louder than words.

You'd be proud of me...we closed early because of the bad weather threat and I came home and exercised. With the cat, which was interesting as I almost flattened her. And then she decided I needed extra weight and lay on me.

Blessings on all and have a better week!
'90:School 3 days at 3 parks + 3day Diz cruise (pre DCL) 2004: POP, 6 months after wedding to DH 2006: ASMovies DSis 50th b'day 2008: POR Herding Cats (Apr) 2008: ASMovies Redo/Freezing Bits Off (Nov) 2009 & 2010: CBR just DH & me 2011: CBR Herding Different Cats 2012: CBR Alone Again, Happily 2013: Time Out from the YotS 2014: Sick Trip
sewmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:10 PM   #1914
Hardheadedwoman
Earning My Ears

So glad that everything is working out with the trip! Nothing quite like knowing you're saving dough on a vacation!

Lissette
Hardheadedwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 07:22 AM   #1915
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse_Mommy4 View Post
Good Morning D!

Checking in......

How exciting on the trip changes! I can almost feel the stress relief you must be feeling!

I am also curious and excited for the surprise Josh trip! How lucky he is to have such a thoughtful wife.

Take care friend, talk to you soon
Hi Tasha!!! Yes, I am SOOO relieved! I really thought this trip wouldn't happen this time, but I am so excited that it finally is!

I don't want to say anything yet for Josh's trip... First off, I don't know if it will happen this summer or next summer... It's already getting a bit late to book it for this summer, and I won't know for sure if I can do it or not until after my auctions are finished. But it's something I really want to do for him.

Super excited to see you in a few weeks! You are for sure meeting us in Chicago, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terkina View Post
Sounds like you had a good day in your sewing room. Sewing black on black is a pain in the a**.

That's great that you saved money when changing your dates at Disney. Are you still booked at FQ or have you changed resort?

How great that your trip will be cheaper and that you will have some extra money.

What a great idea to use the extra money on a trip Josh really want to do. And surprising him on his birthday is a great idea.
We are still booked at FQ, which we are all excited about. Well, V and I are - Alli really wanted GF... I am just relieved that financially, it's all working out.

I sure hope I can surprise Josh for his birthday... I really hope I make enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljcrochet View Post
Sounds like your trip planning is moving in the right direction.
I can't wait to hear about the trip Josh wants to take.
Yes, I am so relieved about it!

I don't want to mention anything about Josh's trip just yet... I want to make sure I make enough $$ to cover it first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post

YAY!!! this sounds AH-MAZ-ING!!! I am so happy for all of you! It's all going to work out after all!!! everyone is HAPPY! V gets her beignets!

BRING ON THE AUCTION!!!
Hahaha... Um, even though I am wheat-free... I will be having me some beignets too - maybe not every morning, but...

Now, hopefully we can get adjoining rooms... In building #6... Preferably in "our" room of 6220... That would be the BESTEST pixie dust EVER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedonaldduck View Post
Hooray for saving money! What a great wife you are to try and surprise Josh with the trip he wants, I hope it all works out. I imagine your auction will do better than you expect - I don't think you give yourself enough credit!
Well, it's only fair, I must do something - he is starting to feel very left out that we are taking all of these Disney trips, and since he has no desire to go to Disney, well, that leaves him going nowhere with us. So, I need to find a way to make this work, somehow. It would definately ease the pain of our next Disney trip - if there is one.

Quote:
So, now you've planted the idea in my head that I need to pull together a trip for DH. Our typical vacation schedule is a long weekend for DH and I to Vegas for Super Bowl weekend, a week long Disney trip for the whole family (including my parents), and I do a girls' weekend trip to Food and Wine Festival with some mommy friends. Vegas is DH's happy place, so he does get that, at least; but I feel like we need to add a trip that is about him to even things out a bit. Time to start saving!
What a great idea! I sure hope you are able to make that work!

Quote:
Sorry about Alli and Gus. I can imagine how hard it is to let her make her own decision but I admire you for sticking to it. It's so hard to let them grow up (and mine are only 2 1/2 and 8!). Having teenage girls scares me, but I guess that's the natural course from having baby girls

Sounds like you had a productive sewing day yesterday! Hope Target goes well today!
It is so very hard... There are so many facets to their relationship that I cannot talk about - it's much more complicated than it should be at this age, or than it was when I was their age... Most of it is just the way of the world these days - but it's still so stressful. I find my mind churning on it much more than it should. Hopefully things work out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
I am so happy that your trip has changed in so many wonderful ways!! Don't quite know how you managed to trim the cost so much. Maybe you'll have to school us on that later. But soooo excited for you as well as your BFF! Gotta love pre-trip Pixie Dust! (And a smart friend such as Bernadette)
Well... as far as the cost trimming... Part of it is the fact we have been booked for a 10 night trip all along, we have now trimmed it down to 7 nights - so that helped the trip budget a lot. Also, by adding Olivia to our room - BFF will be paying for 1/4 of our total trip (since we are all Disney adults and we are paying the exact same cost...). So, technically, I am not "saving half", but with what I have saved so far, I only have to save half of what I thought I did. Does that make sense? LOL

Quote:
A surprise trip for Josh is such a great idea!! I love doing that for Dan, and he loves it too. I hope you can share with us where you're going, but if not, that's okay too. I think you're right, he will be much more tolerant of your Disney plans when he gets what he wants. He's probably feeling a bit left out. Poor baby! I just had a thought about something we did for Dan. We had "Dan Appreciation Day" where we put up balloons and streamers and signs. We waited on him hand and foot. We fixed his favorite meal and dessert and all the kids wrote him a letter telling him why they appreciated him so much. He was thrilled!
I will share with all of you where we are going - just as soon as I get that budget worked out, and see if it's even doable for me. I sure hope so. I will need help planning, as I am sure a lot of you have been there, so you can recommend good places to stay.

Oooh - I love that "Dan Appreciation Day" - that's a fantastic idea... I bet he loved it! I think Josh needs one of those too...

After all of this stuff going on with Gus - I called Josh at work yesterday and just thanked him for being the GREAT man that he is - I am so VERY LUCKY!

Quote:
I do NOT miss those days of wondering how to handle our teens as they grapple with life and love. I will continue to pray for this situation with Gus.
THank you Lois - that really means a lot to me. I am sure we will muddle through it. But I know how stressed I am about it - and it's not even about me - I can't imagine what Alli is going through. She seems to be taking it in stride though... She has such a good head on her shoulders.

Quote:
Hope your day at Target goes quickly. It is so great that you are getting so much done toward your auction. Can't wait to see the latest custom bag. Have a great day!
It went OK - thanks Lois. I hope to make more auction progress today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
Glad the talk went well with Gus and Allie. I hope that she doesn't get too hurt in whatever the decision is. But unfortunately that's how we learn and grow is by being able to make our own decisions.

Great job getting so much done. Hope you have a successful week.

Our trip got a major change!!!! I posted on my ptr.
I know - it's so hard to know they are going to get hurt, and to watch it happen... In slow motion, no less.

I just read that!!! Congratulations! I think it's a good decision, and you all will have a lot of FUN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
D, I'm so happy that everything is working out.
Me too Kathy!!! I am very excited about it now... I cannot WAIT to go back and die of heat exhaustion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
Yay! Everything is coming together So happy for you! This is going to be a great trip.
I know - I am super excited too! It is going to be a fun trip!

I am still anxiously awaiting your PTR to start...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewmess View Post
Whoot for saving $$$ and hoping for a surprise for Josh!

I'm not liking the subtext about Gus. Tough on you, Josh, Gus and especially Allison. Teenagers feel everything so much sharper. But she does have a great example before...never under estimate actions speaking louder than words.
I know... I soooo wish I could tell you all - I could really use your sounding board. I haven't even told BFF or any other close friends, and I could use their help too... But I am one of those people... If you tell me something and ask me to keep it private - I do. You are right though, and that is kind of what we are going by... "Actions speak louder than words" and "Time will tell..." That's all we can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewmess View Post
You'd be proud of me...we closed early because of the bad weather threat and I came home and exercised. With the cat, which was interesting as I almost flattened her. And then she decided I needed extra weight and lay on me.

Blessings on all and have a better week!
I am very proud of you! Great job! And LOL - your kitty is hillarious!

Stay safe in the storms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardheadedwoman View Post
So glad that everything is working out with the trip! Nothing quite like knowing you're saving dough on a vacation!

Lissette
I am so relieved too! Now, if airfare would just come down a bit, that would be nice. I've been stalking it for weeks and it's remained steady... I've heard rumors that it will be going up, so I am really debating whether we want to pay the most we have ever paid for airfare? Or if we should try and hold out?

Nothing new or exciting to report today.

Target was boring... As usual, I was scheduled in the photolab... but I spent my entire day working freight. Oh well - at least it went sort-of fast.

Allison was going to have Gus over last night to talk to him again... She has more questions. But at the last minute, she told him not to come - "she was too busy"... LOL Way to let him know that she has a life... He also invited us to 2 events with him... One is Friday night - not sure about that one. Both Alli and I would like to go, but it's a group event and Gus is the only person we would know - so neither of us are really interested under those circumstances. The other event he invited us to is church with him on Sunday... Not sure about that one either. Even though I am a Christian, I am not a "church-goer"... And I am not sure I am comfortable going to his church... However, he does go with his family - and I am very curious to meet them... I am just not sure what to do? He is really making an effort to want Allison to be a part of his life - to some extent - but I am not sure I want to be a part of that too? Does that make sense? I understand his wanting to rebuild a relationship with us... I'll give it more thought.

Anyways... I will be in my sewing room all day... I will be working on the applique for my custom order all morning, and then I will be working on my auction bags this afternoon. I hope to get that last little applique done and work on some assembly.

I hope you all have a wonderful day! Sending out prayers and Pixie Dust to all of you!

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 07:40 AM   #1916
Nurse_Mommy4
DIS Veteran

Morning D!

Yes! As of this very moment I am totally in for the Chicago meet!

The only way I would not be able to is if something unexpected came up for the kids but I doubt that will happen. I looked at their activity calendar and I am free that weekend.

Wishing you a productive day in the sewing room!
Old 04-30-2014, 07:59 AM   #1917
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Oh boy. more Gus shenanigans! Good Luck!!!!

I'm really happy your getting the changes you wanted!
Chicago Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 08:11 AM   #1918
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Hi D~! Just dropping in real quick this morning since I'm going to be pretty busy the next two days getting ready for my trip!

I'm so glad stuff is working out for your trip! POFQ is the one moderate I have yet to stay at and it's definitely on my list to try! I'm also very excited to see what bags you have for your action. Not that I need another one.

I'm sorry to hear about the drama with Gus. It's too bad that Alli might get hurt but if she was anything like me at that age, she'll move on quickly enough if things don't work out. As much as they hurt, we all need those kind of life experiences.

Quick hijack of your thread since I know there are a ton of crafty people that read. My Grandma had to be moved to a nursing home a few months ago so now the family is cleaning out some of her stuff. I have ended up in possession of all the family recipes. They are all written on scaps of paper and I want to put together a book of all of them to give everyone. Does anyone know a good website for making those kind of books? I've made photo books on Shutterfly but I don't think that would work in this instance and would be too expensive. I'm probably going to need about 10 -15 copies and I don't want to spend a huge amount of money, I just want to make a nice simple book. Any suggestions?
Pluto0809 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 08:26 AM   #1919
Terkina
DIS Veteran

Have a nice day in your sewing room

My Pre-Trip report My Trip report
Me Tantor Terkina Esmeralda
Terkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 08:30 AM   #1920
kittylady1972
Disneyholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
I don't want to say anything yet for Josh's trip... First off, I don't know if it will happen this summer or next summer... It's already getting a bit late to book it for this summer, and I won't know for sure if I can do it or not until after my auctions are finished. But it's something I really want to do for him.

Nothing new or exciting to report today.

Allison was going to have Gus over last night to talk to him again... She has more questions. But at the last minute, she told him not to come - "she was too busy"... LOL Way to let him know that she has a life... He also invited us to 2 events with him......He is really making an effort to want Allison to be a part of his life - to some extent - but I am not sure I want to be a part of that too? Does that make sense? I understand his wanting to rebuild a relationship with us... I'll give it more thought.

D~
Long time, no write here but I've been trying to read up on your reports whenever possible. So glad to read that your trip is now "official" and that you managed to save some money on it as well. I don't know what your dates are, but I think last I checked it was sometime this summer? I understand not sharing exact dates for privacy/security reasons though. Just glad you get to go and I guess you got Josh's blessing on it?

Can't wait to here about your trip for him as well. Hope you get the money saved you need for it!

I haven't followed along that closely on the Alli/Gus saga. Best of luck with that one as it sounds like you are handling it very well. Probably much better than I would for sure! I am so NOT looking forward to those days with my DD. Just a few weeks ago we had a nasty little 5th grade girls-only drama and that zapped enough from me when all my DDs longtime friends were ganging up on her and going against her. It's heartbreaking. They have all made up now though, thankfully, but I really can't wait for elementary school to be OVER for her!

Just wanted to pop in and say hello. I try to read here as often as possible but I just don't get around to posting. I still haven't updated any of my other TRs and who knows if/when I will. I am still really missing WDW and our Thanksgiving trip can't come soon enough for me. I'm working on trying to squeeze in a short little long weekend trip on October just for some MNSSHP and F&W Festival but not sure I'll be able to swing it OR convince DH. I can always hope though!

The past:*Sep '14: SOG*Jan'14: DCL MAGIC*Sep/Oct'13 DCL WONDER*Aug'13:DLR*Jan'13: POP/SSR*Nov'12:VWL/DCL DREAM/THV*Jun'12:SWAN * Mar '12:BDWLK * Jun'11:BLT * Dec'09:SSR * May'09:BC&AKV *Oct'08:BCVDINING REPORT*Jun'08:POP* Nov'07:OKW&SSR*Oct'06:AKL*Jan '06:CR*Feb'04:BDWLK *Oct'03:POLY*Sep'01:CR*Oct'99:POR*Feb'97:ASM
kittylady1972 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
august, bags, park bags, sewing, weight loss

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: