Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2014, 09:25 AM   #1801
familyabgar
Mouseketeer

Such a big decision to make! I wouldn't rule out the Poly because of construction unless the pool and Capt. Cook's were deal breakers. As long as you put in your requests right to get one of the rooms with double vanities (outside the main bathroom), I think you'd be fine! Those rooms look huge.

Don't GF and Poly have bigger outdoor space than BC? A nice patio at Poly would give you even more space to spread out.

Is the snootiness thing real? So much of vacation is setting expectations. If you go into it expecting to be treated a certain way at a certain place, then you (general you, not you D~) will perceive it that way!

ETA: I grew up in a family of 6 and even as adults with spouses we still often travel and share rooms with each other and our parents. It gets cramped, but it doesn't really bother us! 4 years ago 6 of us went to Disney and stayed at the Doubletree in a 1-bedroom suite. We had to blow up an air mattress, too!
familyabgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 09:32 AM   #1802
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Hope you have a wonderful Easter!!!
Chicago Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2014, 03:19 PM   #1803
sewmess
DIS Veteran

I don't know how to help here. Personally I HAVE to have some place to be away from friends/family. Part of that is being an introvert who energizes through 'alone' time and some of that is I'm kinda a button pusher and some friends/family have buttons the size of Montana and I can't help but push a little.

Perhaps evaluating what everyone REALLY wants from this experience might help. Personal case: I have a friend, who the first time we went on a vacation with, was expecting everything to be together every time. As mentioned above, I need my away time so, after 4-5 days of almost no away time, there was some unpleasantness when I couldn't stop myself from pushing her to the point of tears. (I never said I was a nice person all the time) It happened again another year with both of us in tears. Now we know - not everything has to be together, because the times when we ARE together are just that much better.

Cale and I tried to apply that lesson to our first Herding Cats trip (big family trips) with his family - to the point of declining a meal to be paid for by my FIL (notorious tightwad) for some downtime at the resort. My SIL & BIL after a 4 hour wait for dinner came to see things our way.

Anyway, I have no idea if any of this applies to your situation, and I should really be working anyway... so... yeah.

Happy Easter - I hope you have fun with your Dad!
'90:School 3 days at 3 parks + 3day Diz cruise (pre DCL) 2004: POP, 6 months after wedding to DH 2006: ASMovies DSis 50th b'day 2008: POR Herding Cats (Apr) 2008: ASMovies Redo/Freezing Bits Off (Nov) 2009 & 2010: CBR just DH & me 2011: CBR Herding Different Cats 2012: CBR Alone Again, Happily 2013: Time Out from the YotS 2014: Sick Trip
sewmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 07:31 AM   #1804
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran

I have been so busy! There is no way I'll ever catch up! Just wanted to say hi and I hope all is well!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

August 2014 Trip Report (In progress) http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3324325

Pre -Trip Report for August 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3215904

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
August 2013 Walt Disney World - Pop Century
DisMom1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 07:37 AM   #1805
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran

Ok so I figured I would just read your last post and go from there- NO MORE DISCOUNTS?! That is awful. I've started buying my gift cards- got the Target card and am so grateful for you sharing this info. I was going to switch to Target pharmacy but not I guess no need to worry about that. Also, my cousins saved so much money on DCL using the Target Disney gift cards. It took 112 cards to pay off the trip but worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

August 2014 Trip Report (In progress) http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3324325

Pre -Trip Report for August 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3215904

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
August 2013 Walt Disney World - Pop Century
DisMom1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 07:59 AM   #1806
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
First off - we have stayed at the BC many times with our family of five, all teenagers or young adults in the later years, and never had a problem with handling the space. The daybed is comfy, the same size as a twin bed, I believe. And if you wanted to stay in a deluxe, the GF would work very well logically. You have a lot of ADR's in that area. Do not for a minute worry about "snooty-ness" factor. You have no control whatsoever over what people may or may not think of you. And you will never see them again, so what does it matter?

That being said, it sounds as if you are sacrificing your vacation for BFF. What if she stays at a value and you plan to eat less meals together?
Thanks Sue... I am glad to hear that others have done so many people in one room and survived. That's reassuring.

And yes, the fact that we have so many ADRs on the monorail does help.

LOL - you are right, they never will see me again... I need to remember that, especially if this is the situation.

I am not sure that I am sacraficing my vacation for BFF... I am just trying to accomodate everyone, and it's just not working well. BFF insists on "being together as much as possible" - where I am more like "if we need a break from eachother - we will take it"... So I can see us butting heads over this. I need to talk to her about it, because - for my own sanity - it's very important that I have some time alone to regroup with the girls. After all - Disney is "our happy place" and we enjoy eachother so much there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terkina View Post
I agree with Wood Nymph that it sounds like you are sacrificing your vacation for BFF. But I can understand you doing so if that's the only way your BFF is going with you on this trip.

Happy Easter to you and your family
Thanks Lillian. I don't think I am sacraficing our vacation for BFF... It's just that I am trying to accomodate everyone - and there is just no way to do it and make everyone happy at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedonaldduck View Post
I really struggle with these kind of decisions as well. I would just remember, that although you want BFF to have a great trip, this is your vacation. And the only trip you and the girls get this year - so you need to do what is going to make it worth the saving and sacrifice you are putting into it.

The Poly is definitely my dream resort - but I had forgotten about the construction. I didn't realize the difference in bathrooms between GF and Contemporary - you've definitely done your homework

The convenience factor of the monorail is huge - but it sounds like you are like me - GF just isn't really your speed or comfort level. If you give up your home at POFQ, take into consideration which resort you will enjoy more and feel more comfortable at. Don't worry about what the other guests will think, but do think about where you will be more comfortable. The monorail is a great perk, but you've been planning on bus transportation from POFQ, so not staying on the monorail isn't a sacrifice.

I don't want you to make a decision that benefits BFF at the expense of having the vacation you want, especially will all the work and sacrifice you put into making the trip a reality.

Good luck making this decision!
Thanks Jennifer... It's just so hard. Quite honestly - I don't think we would be as happy at any of the monorail resorts as we are at FQ - it just fits us so well. The Poly would be great - but I did confirm yesterday, their pool is down for our entire trip, I just cannot do the price of the Poly with out a pool - especially in August. So, I am just not sure a monorail resort will work for us?

BFF and I are headed to the MOA with Alli this morning... I am going to talk to her in person... I'll explain below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
Ummm Hi!

I totally get trying to pacify your friends as was in the same boat. BUT!
there is always a but..
I understand your trying to be a good friend. Honestly you don't have to TRY to be a good friend you just ARE a good friend. It sounds as if your pushing YOUR family's desires to the side?
There has to be a happy medium. I honestly couldn't share a room with another family. You have to be able to have your down time.

Sorry i am not much help. I want for YOU and the girls to have a magical trip not have to sacrifice anything!!!

Love you!!!

Mean IT!!!!
You are right Mo... BFF and I and the girls and O are close enough, I honestly think we could make it work and it wouldn't be that bad... but - you are right. When it comes down to it, we will need some time alone. I will explain below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyabgar View Post
Such a big decision to make! I wouldn't rule out the Poly because of construction unless the pool and Capt. Cook's were deal breakers. As long as you put in your requests right to get one of the rooms with double vanities (outside the main bathroom), I think you'd be fine! Those rooms look huge.

Don't GF and Poly have bigger outdoor space than BC? A nice patio at Poly would give you even more space to spread out.

Is the snootiness thing real? So much of vacation is setting expectations. If you go into it expecting to be treated a certain way at a certain place, then you (general you, not you D~) will perceive it that way!

ETA: I grew up in a family of 6 and even as adults with spouses we still often travel and share rooms with each other and our parents. It gets cramped, but it doesn't really bother us! 4 years ago 6 of us went to Disney and stayed at the Doubletree in a 1-bedroom suite. We had to blow up an air mattress, too!
Yah... The pool will be down at the Poly for our entire trip... And there is a possibility that Captain Cooks will be relocated during our trip, as well. There is no hope for the Poly.

Not sure if the snootiness thing is real or not? Probably not - for the most part anyways. The reviews I was reading yesterday, it sure seemed real though. LOL

That's good to know... I think we could make it work, if necessary. I will explain below. Thanks for taking so much time to write all that out yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post

Hope you have a wonderful Easter!!!
Thanks Mo!!! I hope you and the family do too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewmess View Post
I don't know how to help here. Personally I HAVE to have some place to be away from friends/family. Part of that is being an introvert who energizes through 'alone' time and some of that is I'm kinda a button pusher and some friends/family have buttons the size of Montana and I can't help but push a little.

Perhaps evaluating what everyone REALLY wants from this experience might help. Personal case: I have a friend, who the first time we went on a vacation with, was expecting everything to be together every time. As mentioned above, I need my away time so, after 4-5 days of almost no away time, there was some unpleasantness when I couldn't stop myself from pushing her to the point of tears. (I never said I was a nice person all the time) It happened again another year with both of us in tears. Now we know - not everything has to be together, because the times when we ARE together are just that much better.

Cale and I tried to apply that lesson to our first Herding Cats trip (big family trips) with his family - to the point of declining a meal to be paid for by my FIL (notorious tightwad) for some downtime at the resort. My SIL & BIL after a 4 hour wait for dinner came to see things our way.

Anyway, I have no idea if any of this applies to your situation, and I should really be working anyway... so... yeah.

Happy Easter - I hope you have fun with your Dad!
Hahaha... I love you Ruth!!!

I understand - I am somewhat of an introvert, as well. At least when it comes to having my space - I am very particular about being home and being able to settle in... Where ever "home" may be - whether in Disney or here...

Thanks for stopping by... I hope you have a wonderful Easter!

I had a fantastic sewing room day yesterday! I finished last week's custom order right away in the morning. Then I moved on to my first Auction bag... If my calculations are correct - I will need about 10 bags + a bazillion accessories... But - I was able to get my first bag cut out, quilted and the applique drawn, pieced and I started stitching it yesterday. Crazy huh? The applique on this bag is pretty detailed, so it may take me a while to stitch. It is my goal to do a variety of bags to appeal to several different budgets... So, there will be a few with simple appliques and a few with detailed appliques and a few more with VERY detailed appliques... I am scheduled "off" in my sewing room this week - so I hope to make a HUGE dent in my auction bags... Wish me LUCK!

Victoria has been working on a project for our neighbor - who is expecting a GIRL in August. Several weeks ago TINKERCC (so sorry, your first name escapes me this morning - is it Megan???) sent Victoria a book of Crochet patterns - so this project is directly from that book. Thank you SOOOO much Tinkercc... This was so thoughtful of you! Now, if I can just keep her in yarn. LOL Anyways- this blanket turned out fantastic! I just love the colors she chose!

Josh and I had a bonfire last night - but it was so cold out here... We didn't last long at all... And no neighbors came out to brave it with us, so we went in. LOL

As I mentioned before... BFF, Alli and I are going to the MOA this morning - as part of Alli's birthday outing. We can only stay a few hours though...

This afternoon, we have Easter dinner with Josh's family. I get to wear one of my new dresses/skirts... Now, if I can decide which one??? I get to wear one tomorrow too - for Easter at my Dad's... It's so hard to decide, I love them all!

Disney update: OK - so I think I have made a decision. I have not talked to BFF about this yet, but I plan to do that this morning while we are at the MOA...

What I have settled on is this... We will keep our reservations as they are for the time being. I will work like crazy to build a stock for my auctions and I will see how much $$ I get from my auctions... At that time, if it looks like I won't have enough to do seperate Mod rooms - we can switch to a deluxe then. BFF told me yesterday that she is OK with the amount we are paying now... So, it's just ME saving $$ that's instituting these changes.

I realize that the deluxe we want, may or may not be available when we need to rebook, but I think that is a chance I will have to take. I think that we would all be making somewhat of a sacrafice to stay in a room together, so if we can make it work as it is, we should. I also think it would be a lot easier to to get ONE Deluxe room later, vs. trying to get our 2 FQ rooms back - so I really hate to give them up.

I hope this all makes sense... And I REALLY, REALLY appreciate all of your help trying to wrap my mind around this situation.

I hope all of you have a wonderful Easter weekend... Sending out prayers and good thoughts to all of you!

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 08:05 AM   #1807
ljcrochet
DIS Veteran

I hope you get enough money so you don't have to stay in one room.
ljcrochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 08:11 AM   #1808
Terkina
DIS Veteran

Good luck with your auction bags. I can't wait to see them.

How nice the blanket V is making.

It sounds like a good idea to keep the room at FQ. I'll cross my fingers that you will get the money you need for this room.

My Pre-Trip report My Trip report
Me Tantor Terkina Esmeralda
Terkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 08:34 AM   #1809
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

HAPPY EASTER!!!!
Old 04-19-2014, 08:43 AM   #1810
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
I realize that the deluxe we want, may or may not be available when we need to rebook, but I think that is a chance I will have to take. I think that we would all be making somewhat of a sacrifice to stay in a room together, so if we can make it work as it is, we should. I also think it would be a lot easier to to get ONE Deluxe room later, vs. trying to get our 2 FQ rooms back - so I really hate to give them up.

D~
POFQ is a very popular resort, so I think you are wise to keep the rooms until you are absolutely sure that you want to switch. And free dining at POFQ is very hard to get, too, so you are lucky to have it.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 08:46 AM   #1811
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

I, personally feel this is a good solution.

When I told husband you were considering GF, his comment was it was too snooty for him! I have no idea why because I LOVE it there (although we have never actually stayed there). I think it is just the elegant furnishings.

I happen to love all things Victorian so I really don't get the snooty thing!

Nini

Mom to Brianna and Damien
Grandma to Alyssa and Amelia
My four little reasons for Disney

Etsy id: QuiltsbyNini
http://quiltsbynini.blogspot.com/

2012? No Problem...but when?

NiniMorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 08:58 AM   #1812
Tinkercc
Mouseketeer

Hi D,

Victoria's blanket looks great. I made the exact one for a friend when she was having a girl. I think you are making the right decision staying where you are. My daughter and I went with my BFF and her daughter for their 10th birthdays. We stayed at the Beach club in a studio on my points. While we had a great time, we absolutely needed alone time. If we are to go again I would definitely get separate rooms.

Have a great time at you Easter celebrations!!!

Tinkercc a.k.a. Niki
Tinkercc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 08:01 PM   #1813
Clio
Mouseketeer

Happy Easter to you and your family. I agree. Keep the rooms at FQ until you have to give them up. That's our favorite resort. I like Building 4 myself. Last year we stayed in Building 2. It just wasn't the same. This year we're planning on AOA. My daughter and her boyfriend(they'll be married by then) are both annual pass holders want to stay there. I'm still not so sure.
We're going to my niece's for Easter. She lives next door to my mom. She assigned part of the meal to each of us. I got dinner salad and fruit salad. I just got done baking a cheese cake. My daughter got stuffing and a dessert.
Hopefully it'll warm up soon. Right now, it's supposed to be 70 tomorrow.
V's baby blanket looks really nice. She reminds my of my daughter who loves to crochet. We have trouble keeping her in yarn, too.
Happy Easter to everyone.
Liz
Clio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 01:29 AM   #1814
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Hi D!
Sorry I haven't been around. I've had a nasty cold (that about 1/2 of my office seems to have) for over 4 weeks. My chest is finally clear but I broke down and went to an urgent care for a sinus infection Wednesday. They gave me an antibiotic but my ear still hurts today. I'll have to thInk about going back if it isn't better by Monday because I fly out soon.

We hired a new analyst at work. She started Monday. I think it's gong to work out well. She seems really nice and sharp. A bit more stress for me now as I train her but should work out well eventually.

I love your Eeyore bag!!! And Vs blanket is beautiful!

Have you considered adding O to your room so you can get free DDP for her? She can still sleep in her Moms room.

We still haven't finalized our summer plans. Car rental rates for returning out of FL are insane ($3,200). I'm thinking of staying at AKV for a few days after BLT and doing some non Disney stuff as DH, Lizzy and Joe won't have park passes after 8/17. Maybe we could see you-I know your days are crammed but we would love to see you guys again.

I haven't done much planning for my trip in like 10 days. I only did a few days of past passes. I did manage to get Anna & Elsa for when Terry & Halley are with me - Halley is a huge fan. I think this trip will be more about taking a ton of photos at Flower Fest and relaxing than riding rides. It's hard to get excited about the trip when I feel lousy.

I've actually been planning more for my birthday trip next year. I'm doing a river cruise on the Danube with a good friend from work. We're doing 3 nights in Prauge pre cruise and 2 nights post cruise in Buddapest. She's the friend I did the Disney half with and we've done Disney 2 other times too. We know we travel very well together which is good given the size of the cabin! She had this trip booked for spring 2002 with her Mom but after they booked her Mom was diagnosed with Alzheimer's. Sadly her Mom past in the fall of 2002. I'm sure this trip will be a bit bittersweet for her. She was going to book solo. I mentioned it to DH, who has no interest in a cruise, and he said I should go with her!

My SIL is running again in the Boston marathon Monday but she doesn't want any of us to go in. I think this might be her last marathon. She did the Goofy (1/2 & full) at WDW in January just before she turned 67.

Have a Happy Easter with your Dad.
lovesdumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:25 AM   #1815
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljcrochet View Post
I hope you get enough money so you don't have to stay in one room.
Thanks Lisa! Me too! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terkina View Post
Good luck with your auction bags. I can't wait to see them.

How nice the blanket V is making.

It sounds like a good idea to keep the room at FQ. I'll cross my fingers that you will get the money you need for this room.
THanks Lillian! Yes, I adore the blanket she made - I cannot believe how quickly she can make one! I told her I want a HUGE one for myself. LOL

Thank you - I hope so too... It means a lot of work for me in the coming weeks, and (as usual) I will be cutting in close... But hopefully I can get everything done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post

HAPPY EASTER!!!!
Awww... THanks Lois, same to you and Dan (and the rest of the family!)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
POFQ is a very popular resort, so I think you are wise to keep the rooms until you are absolutely sure that you want to switch. And free dining at POFQ is very hard to get, too, so you are lucky to have it.
I know - this is why I've been struggling... I know that FD at FQ is super rare, and I know that once we give it up - there will be NO going back. I know that there will always be another resort for us, if we need to switch later... Thanks Sue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniMorris View Post
I, personally feel this is a good solution.

When I told husband you were considering GF, his comment was it was too snooty for him! I have no idea why because I LOVE it there (although we have never actually stayed there). I think it is just the elegant furnishings.

I happen to love all things Victorian so I really don't get the snooty thing!

Nini
I think - if it was just the girls and I, we would be OK at GF... I am just not sure - with throwing BFF and O into the mix, if that will work or not... So many of our (somewhat fragile) dynamics change... Especially on vacation - I find it hard to keep the girls from fighting, and I know that V will get frustrated if we can't get away easily. Sigh.

And don't get me wrong - I love all things vintage and victorian, so I think staying at GF would be a blast! I have dreams of BFF and I taking a yearly trip to Disney once our girls are off in college - I am certain that will be my chance to finally try out all the deluxes... I haven't told her that yet though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkercc View Post
Hi D,

Victoria's blanket looks great. I made the exact one for a friend when she was having a girl. I think you are making the right decision staying where you are. My daughter and I went with my BFF and her daughter for their 10th birthdays. We stayed at the Beach club in a studio on my points. While we had a great time, we absolutely needed alone time. If we are to go again I would definitely get separate rooms.

Have a great time at you Easter celebrations!!!

Tinkercc a.k.a. Niki
ACK!!!!!!! Niki!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew it wasn't Megan... I am such a dork! I think I had "Megan" stuck in my head because V and I were talking about her friend Megan the other night... So sorry.

Regardless of giving you the wrong name... V is going to get SO MUCH use out of that book you sent! I have a feeling that every baby that comes along from here forward, will be getting one of these crocheted blankets. I was so HAPPY to see her complete one from the book.

Thank you so much for your opinion on sharing a room with BFF... Wow... I studio... That had to have been tight! I was glad to hear from a similar situation though, I think we could make it work if we had to - and I am so glad that we looked into it, and made a contingency plan - that way, if we have to change things at the last minute - we are good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clio View Post
Happy Easter to you and your family. I agree. Keep the rooms at FQ until you have to give them up. That's our favorite resort. I like Building 4 myself. Last year we stayed in Building 2. It just wasn't the same. This year we're planning on AOA. My daughter and her boyfriend(they'll be married by then) are both annual pass holders want to stay there. I'm still not so sure.
We're going to my niece's for Easter. She lives next door to my mom. She assigned part of the meal to each of us. I got dinner salad and fruit salad. I just got done baking a cheese cake. My daughter got stuffing and a dessert.
Hopefully it'll warm up soon. Right now, it's supposed to be 70 tomorrow.
V's baby blanket looks really nice. She reminds my of my daughter who loves to crochet. We have trouble keeping her in yarn, too.
Happy Easter to everyone.
Liz
Thank you Liz - and a very Happy Easter to you, as well!

I completely understand... I will FOREVER request building #6 - and I will always request our same room too... I know we won't always get it, but that room location is just right for us. I cannot imagine staying in another building.

I am not sure I could stay at AoA... Well, I could - but it definately wouldn't be the same. Nothing wrong with it at all, but it would be different.

Ooooh - all of your Easter goodies sound wonderful! I am making a beef roast... I know, I know - it's not traditional Easter fare, but my dad tries not to eat pork, so I try to accomodate him whenever I can.

It is supposed to be really nice here today too... I am very happy about it! I hope to be home a little early so I can enjoy the warmth.

I hope you have a wonderful Easter too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdumbo View Post
Hi D!
Sorry I haven't been around. I've had a nasty cold (that about 1/2 of my office seems to have) for over 4 weeks. My chest is finally clear but I broke down and went to an urgent care for a sinus infection Wednesday. They gave me an antibiotic but my ear still hurts today. I'll have to thInk about going back if it isn't better by Monday because I fly out soon.
Hi Bernadette! Thanks so much for stopping by - it's always wonderful to see you! I am so sorry you aren't feeling well - I would definitely go in and get more meds if you can - there is nothing worse than being sick on vacation. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Quote:
We hired a new analyst at work. She started Monday. I think it's gong to work out well. She seems really nice and sharp. A bit more stress for me now as I train her but should work out well eventually.
Finally!!! I am so happy to hear that there is relief in sight for you!!! I will pray that things continue to go well and hopefully your plate will be less crowded soon.

Quote:
I love your Eeyore bag!!! And Vs blanket is beautiful!
Thank you!!! And I will be sure to tell V - she will be so happy to hear that. We all miss you and your family - I hope you will pass along our hellos and a HAPPY EASTER!

Quote:
Have you considered adding O to your room so you can get free DDP for her? She can still sleep in her Moms room.
You are brilliant!!!!!!! I have not thought of this! I will ask my TA about it... but I will wait until tomorrow, so she can enjoy Easter with her family.

Quote:
We still haven't finalized our summer plans. Car rental rates for returning out of FL are insane ($3,200). I'm thinking of staying at AKV for a few days after BLT and doing some non Disney stuff as DH, Lizzy and Joe won't have park passes after 8/17. Maybe we could see you-I know your days are crammed but we would love to see you guys again.
We would love to see you too!!! Let's keep in touch and see if these dates work well. Are you planning to get them park passes again?

Quote:
I haven't done much planning for my trip in like 10 days. I only did a few days of past passes. I did manage to get Anna & Elsa for when Terry & Halley are with me - Halley is a huge fan. I think this trip will be more about taking a ton of photos at Flower Fest and relaxing than riding rides. It's hard to get excited about the trip when I feel lousy.
That's great that you were able to get Anna/Elsa FP+s! I've heard that those are incredibly HARD to get. I am not sure that we are even going to try? It sounds like you will have a great trip, regardless... as long as you are feeling better... I sure hope you are!

Quote:
I've actually been planning more for my birthday trip next year. I'm doing a river cruise on the Danube with a good friend from work. We're doing 3 nights in Prauge pre cruise and 2 nights post cruise in Buddapest. She's the friend I did the Disney half with and we've done Disney 2 other times too. We know we travel very well together which is good given the size of the cabin! She had this trip booked for spring 2002 with her Mom but after they booked her Mom was diagnosed with Alzheimer's. Sadly her Mom past in the fall of 2002. I'm sure this trip will be a bit bittersweet for her. She was going to book solo. I mentioned it to DH, who has no interest in a cruise, and he said I should go with her!
What a wonderful idea! This sounds like a great trip. And I am sure your friend will enjoy having a friend with her during a trip that could be a bit emotional.

Quote:
My SIL is running again in the Boston marathon Monday but she doesn't want any of us to go in. I think this might be her last marathon. She did the Goofy (1/2 & full) at WDW in January just before she turned 67.

Have a Happy Easter with your Dad.
Good luck to your SIL - I hope she does well and enjoys her last marathon.

I hope you have a wonderful Easter too... Please give the family our love!

Good morning everyone!

Our holiday weekend has been packed with craziness... And add on to it that it's Alli's 16th birthday tomorrow... Well, that makes it even crazier!

Yesterday, I took Alli to the MOA... BFF was supposed to go with us, but she wasn't feeling well. So, it was just Alli and I. We had a lot of fun...

I took this picture for Suzi and Mo... When they were here last year, this area of the mall reminded them of the French Quarter... and I had to agree - all of the wrought iron railings, and just the overall feel, reminds us of the interior of the main building - if you look closely, you can even see some "refurb walls" up... HAHAHA. Wouldn't you agree?

I was super happy to be leaving the mall when we did - there were cars lined up for miles, trying to get in to park - it was INSANE! That is the exact reason I like to get there right before opening, and leave asap!

I came home and I worked on my auction bag applique for a little while. I am making a dent in it, little by little. I am very happy with it so far - and I am excited to finally be working on this. I am such a procrastinator - I am very disappointed in myself for that.

Then the girls and I got ready for Easter with Josh's family. It was great to see them, we haven't seen them since Thanksgiving, and I don't think we have ever gathered for Easter before - so it was nice.

Here's a photo of the girls and I ready to go... I took it specifially for Lois, because she wanted to see my new maxi-dress. It's a really awful picture of it, because the wind was blowing quite hard and "sucking" the dress to me... Oh well... If you look closely - you can see my new red sandals peeking out... I adore them!!!

After dinner with Josh's family... All three teen girls did all of the dinner dishes... They are SUCH good girls! Not one complaint, and they did a great job!

We are headed up to my Dad's this morning. I have a beef roast in the crock pot, it's been cooking all night. I know - it's not a traditonal Easter meal, but my Dad avoids eating pork, so we try to accomodate him when we can. We will have lunch with him and visit for a couple of hours... I hope to be home at a decent hour tonight. I feel like I've been going non-stop all weekend, and I would love to relax a little bit.

We are all wishing you a...

We hope you are able to spend it with your family and friends. Much love to all of you!

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
august, bags, park bags, sewing, weight loss

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: