Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2013, 06:28 AM   #151
Nurse_Mommy4
DIS Veteran

Good Morning D!

Oh how I love bag reveal days! I will be sure to check back in during my lunch.

School trips are EXPENSIVE aren't they. None of my kiddos have one this school year but next year will be a biggie!

Have a great Friday!
Old 11-08-2013, 06:30 AM   #152
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Oh and then I forgot to post...

I was able to talk to BFF very briefly about our trip yesterday...

I told her, by Christmas, we need to have our dining options ironed out.

So, she told me to send her an email of where the girls and I want to eat... Her and Olivia will go over them and give their opinions. I told her - there will be a couple that are non-negotiable. LOL However, I did say, if they have no interest in those places, I would be happy to help her make ADRs for elsewhere.

So, this is our tentative list...

Non-negotiable:

Crystal Palace, breakfast before the park opens
Tusker House, breakfast before the park opens

Other suggestions in no particular order:

The Plaza - Magic Kingdom (D~, we have never eaten here)
Liberty Tree Tavern - Magic Kingdom (D~, Lunch, this is normally a must-do meal for us)
Be Our Guest - Magic Kingdom (Victoria)

Akershus - Epcot (Victoria)

50's Prime time - Hollywood Studios (D~ & V, lunch or dinner)
Sci-Fi dine in - Hollywood Studios (Allison)
Hollywood Brown Derby - Hollywood Studios (Victoria - two meal credits)

1900 Park Fare - Grand Floridian (Victoria, breakfast)
'Ohana - Polyneisan (Allison & V, breakfast)
Chef Mickey's - Contemporary (D~, we have never eaten here)
Boma - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Allison, dinner)

Considering that we are most likely only going to be there for 7 nights - we will have to do some eliminating.

So, are we missing anything? Is there anything that is a must-do for you?

D~

Last edited by DMGeurts; 11-08-2013 at 06:38 AM.
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2013, 07:19 AM   #153
cogero
DIS Veteran

OOH we get to see a new bag today YEAH.

I like your choices. We love the brown derby and have done both lunch and dinner. It is great because it is so quiet.

WE did the Plaza the last trip and it is nice.

We love Tusker House we do a late breakfast all the time.

Have a fabulous day I hope to get to play with my new toy today.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:29 AM   #154
Iamthequeen
DIS Veteran

I don't have any non-negotiable restaurants, though I do have some favorites - Tony's Town Square - I know many people don't like it, but we've never had a bad meal there

Via Napoli in EPCOT was very good, and so was Nine Dragons, I also like Rose & Crown - and if you get there late enough you can sit and watch Illuminations.

Next trip (March) we are going only to EPCOT and I'm not sure if we are going to be able to get any dinner reservations, but I'd like to try Biergarten and Teppen Edo - though we have a Japanese steak house close to home.

When we go in September, Charlie wants to do Tusker House for breakfast again and also Cape May Caf and Be Our Guest. Everything else is up to me.

I spent last Saturday cleaning up my sewing room too. And I guarantee it was much worse than yours. Its not finished yet, but I did manage to put most "stuff" away and my sewing spaces are clear. I also found a place for my serger so I can actually get to it to use it. Its been sitting in a corner for a while now.

I started searching for a "new" machine and found some Rocketeers on ebay for about $200. Not going to spend that much, so I'll keep looking.

Off to the doctor's for another sinus infection visit....wish me luck.
Wait.....we're staying where? and when??

2001 - All Star Movies; 2010 - POFQ; 2011 - POFQ; 2013- Caribbean Beach
Iamthequeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:04 AM   #155
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

I can't believe I've never gone back and read your sewing story before. Very inspiring! I don't know that I could every have the patience to learn something like that though.

I see you don't have too many restaurants for Epcot. My too favorites there are Coral Reef and Rose and Crown.
Pluto0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:06 AM   #156
lovedonaldduck
DIS Veteran

I am completely blown away by the stories of how you started sewing, restoring your machine, and how far you've come in such a short time. Amazing!

It is good to know I definitely can do this if I ever decide to. I am so impressed D!
Old 11-08-2013, 09:23 AM   #157
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Considering that we are most likely only going to be there for 7 nights - we will have to do some eliminating.

So, are we missing anything? Is there anything that is a must-do for you?

D~
It looks like a very delicious list of restaurants. I think you will have to schedule another trip to get all that in.

Our one must-do restaurant has always been Cape May Cafe dinner buffet at the Beach Club. We will not go to WDW without eating dinner there. It just won't happen.

We have mostly eaten at counter service restaurants for years, decades in fact, and just started to eat at more table services. My DH never wanted to be tied down to any kind of a schedule. But I was getting extremely tired of burgers and fries, so I slowly started to add a few ADR's to our trip. It turned out that it was really nice to have something like an ADR to give our trip a little structure. So, in spite of traveling to WDW since 1973, we still have a lot of restaurants left to try. I really like having a nice sit down meal once a day. But it is so hard to just pick a few.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:59 AM   #158
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Steamboat Willie UPB set

This one is so cool - I just love working in grayscale, it's so much fun!

The coolest part about this bag - IMO - I was able to find grayscale printed fabric in the exact prints of the colors I used for the interior... So, the gray dotted main fabric is exactly the same print as the Red with white dots inside. Same with the gray fabric I used for the ruffle and to applique Mickey's shorts... I was able to find the exact same print in red, which I used for the bias trim on the interior quilted pocket... I was so super excited about this... It's the little things - right?

Anyways - here's the bag...

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:10 PM   #159
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Yes I've been stalking your thread all morning.

Steamboat Willie is gorgeous! I love how the fabrics carry through the whole bag and how the bright inside contrasts with the grey exterior. You definitely have one of the best eye for details that I have every seen.
Pluto0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:22 PM   #160
Terkina
DIS Veteran

Once again a great bag

My Pre-Trip report My Trip report
Me Tantor Terkina Esmeralda
Terkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:17 PM   #161
Restrasz
Mouseketeer

I LOVE all your bags but this one is incredible! I really love the gray tones with the pop of color inside! Amazing!

We always eat at the Brown Derby but hate that it's a 2 credit meal. We go for lunch ,get their wonderful Cobb salad, fancy dessert and water or a soft drink. We pay out of pocket,get the fun experience and don't use those precious credits!

Have a great weekend!
Restrasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:30 PM   #162
cogero
DIS Veteran

love love love the bag. The fabrics are just perfect.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 03:47 PM   #163
babynala
DIS Veteran

Steamboat Mickey is great. I love how all the fabrics "match" up even if they are different colors.

I think your list is a great place to start. Not sure how you are going to have 3 meals in HS (unless you spend 3 days there) but I'm sure you will figure it out. I almost did the Fantasmic dining package at the Brown Derby this year but the times available were for a late lunch and I was too cheap to spend the 2 dining credits on there. That being said we might have to go there next time to satisfy my DHs need for a change. The menu does look good.

My only concern would be using up my park time on travel to the different hotels to have a meal, especially since you are using Disney transportation. I have a feeling you could make it work since the park hours are extended in August. That being said I would think you could get to the monorail hotels fairly easily on your MK days (hopefully some of Suzi's monorail luck will rub off on you).

I know this trip will be tougher to figure out since it is a bit shorter then you normally do, but then it gives you a good excuse for a return trip.

babynala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:34 PM   #164
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

D~ I have to say that conceptually I always try to imagine what your bag (and wallet) will look like (with my limited creative mind of course) and then I actually see you amazing creation and I'm BLOWN AWAY! Your Steamboat Willie perfectly captures the character. Serious cuteness going on there! I feel like I'm a Dancing with the Stars judge holding up my 10 paddle here!!

As for your ADR choices. Nothing looks bad to me! I agree though another trip must be in order. Looks like you are not too into the Epcot restaurants. They are a mixed bag for me - some are a favorite and some I steer clear of just because they don't wow me with the food. I do love Kona for breakfast - that is my favorite but if I had to have a second favorite it would be Crystal Palace.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:49 PM   #165
BabyRapunzel
Mouseketeer

So, I finally made it over and I am behind. But did see the newest Mickey bag and love it, so creative!!!! Oh yes and I finally finished editing photopass photos from the summer. Only reason they are actually finished is because of the shutdown of the old site. I'm gonna have a hard time next year (hopefully) editing by 60 days. But maybe a deadline is good for me. And I'm always happy when they are finished. Can't wait to hear about all your plans. Maybe I can keep up better on the ptr.
BabyRapunzel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
august, bags, park bags, sewing, weight loss

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: