Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2014, 12:03 PM   #1621
mblc14
Mouseketeer

Morning D~

Sorry about your troubles with Target....did I ever tell you that I worked there for about 2 years when I was in college?? Worked the floor for about a year in hardlines and sound, but then was one of the TPS guys that helped with security...talk about a boring job...

Anyways, wanted to drop in and share that while I am home this morning with a sick LG, that I started my PTR....

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post51085614
DisDads Member #542
2007 Pop Century Christmas
2012 Bay Lake Tower Spring Break
March 2012 TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post44424786
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2872355 March 2012 PTR
mblc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:16 PM   #1622
nannye
DIS Veteran

I like both shoes!

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
nannye is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2014, 05:07 PM   #1623
KatMark
DIS Veteran

If it were me, I'd go with the blue shoes...I like the style better.

I can't wait to see the dress.

I hope Alli did okay at the funeral today. Sorry that Target has messed with your schedule.
Old 04-01-2014, 01:19 AM   #1624
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Hahaha... Yah - now I just have to try to justify them... I think I need to have an auction just to pay for my new shoes and a few new (smaller) pairs of capris... The ones I got for our trip to TN are almost too big already! GULP! Not that I am complaining, but I did figure they would fit me most of spring. Sigh.
I just thought of another theme..... STAR WARS!!! Seeing as how I'm going to get to experience Star Wars Weekends!!!! That's all I can think about now!!! Oh and FP+ that I get to start booking in a couple weeks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
BUmmer about potty training... I'd wait a while and start again.
He'll do it when he's ready and I know it's just a matter of time. But sheesh I was getting so excited that we may be down to one in diapers.

I hope Allie did ok at the funeral today. That was very sweet of her to want to be there for her friend.

I just want you to know I haven't forgotten your dad's birthday. We've just been busy and I haven't had a chance to have he kids do them yet. But they will be done hopefully by the end of the week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyRapunzel View Post
So I have been MIA for awhile. My phone is no longer leaving my apps open long enough to read or post replies. A new phone is in my future. My computer died last fall and my DH is always on the only one we have. I wrote a reply yesterday on the phone, thinking it was working and it closed, lost my reply. So trying today on my kindle. Last post I believe was about my grandma being put on hospice. Well she passed away in January. There is not a day that goes by that I don't miss her. She was the rock of our family and things are different without her. She also took care of us while mom worked when we were growing up, so really felt like I had a second mom. I miss her greatly, but hope she is in heaven playing cards with her family and having fun. In happier news, I have a DD3 and have been trying for a sibling for her for awhile, but have had 2 miscarriages. I am now pregnant, 6 weeks. Very nervous. Going for first ultrasound this week and hope to see a heartbeat. As you know, I also was lucky enough to finally get on your bag list and am so look excited!!!! V's hair and glasses are soooooo cute!! Will try to keep up if I can. Blue shoes for your outfit, but keep those red ones. Both are adorable!!!
Sorry about your grandma. It is hard when you lose someone your so close to.

Congrats on your pregnancy!! I hope the best for you when you go in for that ultrasound!! I know how scared you probably are right now with the waiting (I had 2 miscarriages before I ever had my first son and then 2 more after my 3rd child, now I have a very happy healthy 2 1/2 month old baby boy.) Keep us posted when you can on how things are progressing.

Wait this isn't the way to WDW! TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3346971
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 07:26 AM   #1625
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
I agree, the blue sandals probably look better with the skirt, but I like the red ones better. And is the "orange" fabric on the too of the skirt and the blue on the bottom? Then it probably won't look that bad???? Wear a red purse and you will be fine
Well, I went out and found a few different styles of the blue sandals - so now I can't decide which style to get. LOL Yes, the coral color fabric is the main fabric of the skirt - the dots are the bottom hem and the flowers are the underhem (so you can't see the flowered fabric at all).

Quote:
Sorry I missed your Dad's birthday.....these days if it's not on FB.....pretty good chance I missed it between sports, sickness and flooded basements, I didn't get a whole lot done online. Totally had plans to get my TR back up and running so I can finish it and start a PTR, but that didn't happen. Maybe next weekend???
It's OK - I know that everyone is busy. I can't wait for you to finish your TR! WHOOT!

Quote:
I can't wait to see your skirt in person! But I'm a little nervous....Mo keeps saying it will be too cold for summery outfits???? Hoping at least Capri and sandals will be okay. We still have ALOT of snow here and she has bare ground.....so here's hoping that in 2months it will be warm enough for cute skirts

Have a great day today!
Well, if I am wearing shorts/capris/flip flops now in MN - I don't think I will have any issues wearing a skirt for one dinner out in Chicago... Even if it is colder by the Lake. Sometimes a girl must sacrafice for cuteness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
Hey D~ You're all caught up already?? Wow! THat didn't take long. I know that's a relief for you.
Yes! And I even snuck in a skirt for myself. LOL

Quote:
I'm with everyone else on the blue shoes. Both are adorable, so I also vote for you to keep both pair. Can't wait to see the skirt once you get it made. The fabrics are beautiful!
I know... I just love them. I know that Josh thinks I am constantly buying shoes - but really, I am not (I don't think... he has no idea how many pairs I've left behind! ) I do buy a few good pairs every year, but I wear them to death. And I agree - I just love thos fabrics... I am very sad that the designer that designed them is no longer designing - I just loved her style. It's the same designer that made the fabric for my dress last fall...

Quote:
I hear you about wanting to wear shorts. It snowed in Ohio over the weekend and Dan ran into a white-out on his way home yesterday. (He surprised me by coming to Virginia after work Friday) It sleeted here in Virginia and was so cold. I'm in serious danger of getting crabby about the weather!
I actually had shorts on the other day, and I was sitting out on the front porch reading - it was soooo nice. Now it's back to being cold - but we are at the end of it.

That is soooo sweet that Dan came out to surprise you! Whatta guy!!! White outs are scary... I had to drive in a bad one once, and I will never forget it - 40 miles of back roads and I couldn't even see the hood of my car! The only thing that saved me was that I drove that road every single day and I knew it was straight. Every once in a while, I could make out a telephone pole and know I was on the road... I was literally moving at idle speed. Thankfully I made it - but it was the scariest thing ever! So relieved that Dan made it OK - I hope you had a good weekend together.

Quote:
I think I told you that I was in the middle of a gift for your Dad's bd when my new machine started acting crazy. I tried to fix it, but never got anywhere with it. Dan took it with him when he left and will take it to the sewing center to get it taken care of. Hopefully I'll be back in business soon and will be able to finish his little gift. I hope he had a fun birthday and got lots of love from your DIS friends!

Have a great day at Target today!
Yes, you did tell me that. Then I asked you if you took it on your flight with you? I was curious how you got it there... Glad that Dan was able to take it home with him to get the fixing started... Hopefully it will be ready to go when you get home. No worries about my Dad's gift - I appreciate the thought more than anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terkina View Post
I can't wait to see the skirt.
I hope you can get Alli to and from church so she can be at the funeral.
I am very excited about the skirt... I am not sure if I should wait to show it until we do our Dismeet mini-TR? Or if I should show it before that?

I was able to make it work out with the funeral. Thank you so much for your good thoughts.

Quote:
This weekend I have booked 2 new trips. One shorter one and one for a week. So it has been an expensive weekend
LOL - I just KNEW you would have a few trips coming up! I am very excited for you!

Quote:
The trips I have planned are: The first weekend in May I'm going on a MEGA (it has to be at least 500 participants on the event to call it MEGA) geocaching event in the capital of Norway Oslo. I will be staying from Friday to Monday. Arriving with the first flight and leaving with the last flight on Monday. So I will have all day on Friday to geocache and be a tourist and all day on Monday. This was one of the trips I booked this weekend.
This sounds like a FUN trip!!! I know how much you enjoy geocaching!

Quote:
Then I'm going with my friend and my 3 cats in a motor home for about 5 weeks in August/September. We will attend a MEGA geocaching event in Sweden and then we will drive through all of Finland to get a geocache in every county there.
Awesome! This sounds like a great trip too! How fun to be able to spend so much time in those wonderful countries!

Quote:
Then in September I'm hoping I will be on a conference about Cerebral Palsy it's on a weekend. It's a really nice event where I get to meet other people with Cerebral Palsy and we get to exchange experiences.
Neat! Is this one far away? Or is it near you?

Quote:
I really missed going to London (UK) before Christmas last year. So this year I really want to do it. So this weekend I booked one week trip to London in early December. The airline had a sale going on now so that's why I bought the tickets so early.
Cool! I knew you were sad about not being in London during the holiday last year - so I am very happy to hear you will be going this year!

Quote:
Well there you have my traveling plans for this year
They all sound FANTASTIC!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
new skirt new shoes... Tess is making a skirt... Suzi you making a skirt?
since your doing all these new shoes.. so we need to go flip flop shopping???
Probably...

Quote:
I will not be wearing a skirt. sorry... not happening.
You will dress up a little though, right?

Quote:
Where did we decide on going to the dinner?!?!
I don't think we have... I just asked that we go somewhere a little nicer - not super nice - but nice enough that we can sit down and chat, and still hear eachother.

Quote:
Oh all you people will have such awesome EPIC stories after our dis meet!!!!

Quote:
i cannot wait for you guys to get here!!! I need some off down time. i cannot WAIT for May!!!!
I know! I cannot wait to get there!

Quote:
As for the weather. No there is some snow on the ground. Not much..But it is cold. May is usually capries and hoodie. this year who knows. it's a cold year!!!
Sigh... I will suffer... I cannot wear jeans for another day.

Quote:
Remember it is always colder by the lake. we live and will be trotting around by the lake.
Oh for those of you who don't know what 'the lake' is it's Lake Michigan..
we have our own lingo as i am sure you do in your cities..
I am planning to pack my flip-flops, capris and t-shirts... I plan on buying a Chicago Disney Store hoodie while I am there, and I will wear that. I will have a pair of shorts with me, just in case it's nice... and I only plan to wear the skirt for the one meal.

Quote:
Give Allison a HUGE hug for me...
I did, and she told me to tell you thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
It must have been a weekend for shoes. I spent the day yesterday going through mine and getting rid of a bunch. I think in total I got rid of 10 to 15 pairs. Yeah, my shoe collection was way out of control. Most went in a bag to goodwill but some went straight in the garbage. You know, those pairs you love and wear till they are about falling apart and then you still don't want to throw them out? I finally made myself throw some of those out. But of course all that means is that I now have room for more pairs!
Hahaha... I am acquiring them and you are donating them... I am glad you were able to get some of them cleaned out and donated.

Quote:
So, don't even ask me about the shoes, my response is obviously keep both! Since you are thinking about making outfits to go with the red ones I'm guessing that's what you decided to do.
Hahaha... Well, the red ones were already ordered before I noticed they were the wrong color - but I wear a LOT of red, so I will probably keep them. I have not ordered the blue ones yet - maybe today? Then I am done with sandals for this year, unless I find a good deal somewhere.

Quote:
I hope you have a wonderful day and everything goes smoothly at Target.
Thank you - it was short... I will explain below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedonaldduck View Post
Hope you'll post pictures of the new skirt. How nice to have the ability to make your own clothes. Eventually I am going to break down and learn how to sew.
I will, I am just not sure when... I haven't decided if I am going to post it now? Or if I should wait until after our Dismeet?

I've only recently discovered being able to make my own clothes... I find it to be so fun. I can work in my sewing room all week long, but it's fun to go back up there and make something that's not bag related. And then to try it on and realize it fits perfectly... Well, there is nothing better than that. Over my lifetime, I have spent countless HOURS trying on dress clothes in a store, only to find out they don't fit me properly and look hideous... FINALLY, I am able to make something for myself - tailored to me, and it fits the way it's supposed to, it's really awesome!

Quote:
I got done what I had to work wise at home yesterday. Had my meeting to present the results this morning. Now I will spend the next few days glued to my computer here working to get the month/year wrapped up.
That is awesome that you were able to get everything done!

Quote:
Charlotte started off in her crib last night but woke up in the middle of the night calling for me. When I went in to check on her, she asked me for snuggles and to lay with her I'm a sucker so we moved into the spare bedroom for the rest of the night. Hopefully tonight will go a little better.
Awwww... I miss those cuddling days with the girls... V was always my cuddler...

Quote:
I think auctions for a shoe/clothes fund sounds like a great idea!
Hahaha...

Quote:
Congrats on getting caught up in your sewing room! Sorry you have to work today and Alli will have to go the funeral alone. I'm sure she'll be just fine but I understand you wanting to be there with her.
Thanks! I was able to work it out.... I"ll write about it below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
I like both shoes!
Hahaha... Me too! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblc14 View Post
Morning D~

Sorry about your troubles with Target....did I ever tell you that I worked there for about 2 years when I was in college?? Worked the floor for about a year in hardlines and sound, but then was one of the TPS guys that helped with security...talk about a boring job...

Anyways, wanted to drop in and share that while I am home this morning with a sick LG, that I started my PTR....

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post51085614
Hi Mike... No, I don't think you told me that? Too funny. Yah - that would be a sort of boring job...

I hope LG is feeling better by now.

Thanks for linking to your new PTR... I've already stopped by.

Quote:
If it were me, I'd go with the blue shoes...I like the style better.

I can't wait to see the dress.

I hope Alli did okay at the funeral today. Sorry that Target has messed with your schedule.
Yah - I like that blue too... It seems to fit that fabric really well.

I am very excited to show my skirt - I just love how it turned out!

The funeral went OK... I will explain below - I was able to work it out.

Quote:
I just thought of another theme..... STAR WARS!!! Seeing as how I'm going to get to experience Star Wars Weekends!!!! That's all I can think about now!!! Oh and FP+ that I get to start booking in a couple weeks!!
This is a great theme!!! And how awesome that you get to experience it!

Quote:
He'll do it when he's ready and I know it's just a matter of time. But sheesh I was getting so excited that we may be down to one in diapers.
It will come... It just takes time. But it will be an exciting day!

Quote:
I hope Allie did ok at the funeral today. That was very sweet of her to want to be there for her friend.
Thank you... It went well - as well as can be expected anyways.

Quote:
I just want you to know I haven't forgotten your dad's birthday. We've just been busy and I haven't had a chance to have he kids do them yet. But they will be done hopefully by the end of the week.
No worries Sandra... I just appreciate everyone thinking of him.

Well, Target worked out pretty well yesterday. I went in and immediately explained the situation. They were kind enough to let me take off for a couple hours in the middle of my shift to take Alli to the funeral. It was very nice of them, and very understanding of them.

So, Alli and I attended the funeral - We didn't know anyone, except for her friend, but I am glad we could go and be there for him.

Afterwards, I had to take her out for lunch because she had missed it at school... She asked for Chipotle - against my better judgement - I agreed. Again, it made me so sick... Sicker than I've ever been - not the horrid pain I used to have, but now it's digestion issues. Absolutely - positively NO MORE CHIPOTLE for me! I told them all last night at dinner, if they want to eat at Chipotle ever again, they all can go together - it is no longer even allowed for them to ask for it with me. LOL It's to the point that I don't even like the taste of it anymore, because it always makes me sick.

After the funeral, I went back to work for a few hours.

Frozen pizza was on the menu for dinner last night.

Josh had a meeting to go to...

Gus came over. Victoria and I played 2 games of Farkle (She beat me good both games...) in an effort to give Alli and Gus some time without us. But eventually, we had to sit in the livingroom, because there is really nowhere else for us to go. Then, Gus and I started talking about nutrition... as you all know - this is something I am very passionate about... So is Gus, appearantly. It ended up being a 1 hour discussion about wheat... And it ended with a promise from Gus that he would return with data proving to me that "100% whole wheat" is better for you than "other" types of wheat. However, I will have the opposite data, proving that all wheat sold these days is genetically altered, and not as good for you as Conventional Wisdom says it should be... LOL It was fun to be able to "debate" (that's not the right word really) with him - although the girls were a bit annoyed because we couldn't seem to get off the subject.

As a parent... I really like that Alli is involved with someone who is smart enough (and confident enough) to carry on a good conversation in a respectable manner.

Anyways... In other news...

Today is the first day of the month... So, it's weigh in day for me, and measurment day, and photo day... I feel like I have made good progress this month - despite taking a whole week "off" for our trip to TN. So, I am a bit interested to see how it comes out. I'll be checking back in later with that info.

I will also have bag photos for you today.

I will be starting this week's custom order this morning as well. Busy day ahead.

Thanks for all the well wishes for Alli yesterday... She told me to thank you all. Sending out prayers and hugs to all who need them today.

D~

Sorry about your grandma. It is hard when you lose someone your so close to.

Congrats on your pregnancy!! I hope the best for you when you go in for that ultrasound!! I know how scared you probably are right now with the waiting (I had 2 miscarriages before I ever had my first son and then 2 more after my 3rd child, now I have a very happy healthy 2 1/2 month old baby boy.) Keep us posted when you can on how things are progressing.[/QUOTE]
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:05 AM   #1626
Terkina
DIS Veteran

The conference about Cerebral Palsy is in Lillestrm (a short train ride from the airport in Oslo). So it's a 2 hour flight then a 20 minute train ride from home. It is held at a very nice conference hotel where everyone is staying. So it's a very social conference as well as informative.

How nice of Target to give you some time of yesterday so you could be with Alli at the funeral.

I'm sorry to hear that you got sick after eating the lunch. At least you now know that your body don't like that kind of food.

Sounds like you all had a nice evening last night.

My Pre-Trip report My Trip report
Me Tantor Terkina Esmeralda
Terkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:02 AM   #1627
ljcrochet
DIS Veteran

I can't wait to see the skirt you made. I am in awe of all the things you can make. I thought I was doing so good, when I made my DD pj pants with a matching set for her AG doll.

My august trip dates changed, which is good and bad since we went from staying in 3 resorts ( then adding a night to make 4 resorts). We were doing 8 nights now we are doing 7 nights but all at BWV. We had to change all our ADRs, which my DH keeps on changing. He is trying to figure out if we should do DDP or TIW.
ljcrochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:04 AM   #1628
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

I am a bit aprehensive about posting these here, but another one of my friends posted their's in their PTR the other day, so it gave me a bit of confidence... These are my "official" pictures - the ones I only share with a few select people.

Here are my stats for the month of March... -4.8lbs (for a total loss of 48 lbs since March 16, 2013).. Wrist -.25, Waist -.50, Abs -1.5, Hips -2.75, thigh -.5 and calf -.25. All other measurments stayed the same. As a grand total number, I have lost 20" overall, I started in a tight women's size 18 plus, now I am wearing a jouniors size 13/14 comfortably, but they are starting to get big on me. I eat an average of 1650 calories per day, aim for 125 grams of protein, and right around 100 carbs - no processed foods at all. I lift heavy weights an average of 2x/week and I do light aerobic activity 2x/week. I dialed back the weights I am lifting beginning at the end of March to try and get a better range of motion with my squats. I am really starting to see some nice muscle definition come back in my knees/thighs, which excites me for short season.

Please note, my "before picture" was taken at the end of May 2013. My official start date was March 16, 2013... So, if I had a real "before picture" it would look much worse.

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:12 AM   #1629
Terkina
DIS Veteran

What a difference between the before and now pictures. You're doing a great job and it shows

I'm cheering on you : cheer2:

My Pre-Trip report My Trip report
Me Tantor Terkina Esmeralda
Terkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:13 AM   #1630
lovedonaldduck
DIS Veteran

Your progress pictures are awesome! You look great! Congratulations! Keep up the good work.

I'm glad you were able to work out going to the funeral with Alli yesterday, I know you felt better being there with her than you would have sending her on her own.

I'll be happy to see the skirt pictures whenever you decide to post them. I found a tutorial yesterday for little girl twirl skirts - I'm really thinking I'd like to take a shot at them for the girls - maybe in red, white, and blue for 4th of July - I can't imagine I'll be able to figure out sewing by Easter My aunt is fabulous at sewing and lives about 30 minutes away, so I may see if she is up to helping me with my first couple of projects. I think I want to tackle scrapbooking our recent trip first though. I also really want to put together the shadowboxes from the girls' first trips. Too many projects and work takes up way too much time!

Hope you have a productive day! I have to have one here.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:14 AM   #1631
familyabgar
Mouseketeer

Wow, you are on such a journey and it's amazing. I just love to see people take charge of their health!! (and the "right" way, too)

I can't wait to see the new bag. And whoever mentioned Star Wars...I bet you could have a great auction for that for Star Wars weekends! I realized I misspoke in my post last week and meant to say I hope the custom sign-up goes well...sounds like it went so well you were full in a minute?! Wow!

I've been spending all my evening free time sewing to get everything done for our trip. It's exhausting, but fun.
familyabgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:23 AM   #1632
sweetpeaandevie
DIS Veteran

Awesome progress photos!!! You look great! I know you will be so much happier this summer!

You girls are gonna have so much fun in Chicago! I'm excited for you all!!
Old 04-01-2014, 09:30 AM   #1633
KatMark
DIS Veteran

D, I'm so glad that Target gave you a couple hours off to go with Alli to the funeral. That really was very nice of them.

And can I just add what an awesome job you are doing!!! You look absolutely terrific and keep up the good work.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:33 AM   #1634
Clio
Mouseketeer

Wow there's a huge difference in your before and after photos. Congrats on all your hard work. I'd like to see pictures of the skirt. I used to sew clothes all the time. I really should get back to it.
It was nice of Target to let you leave for a few hours for the funeral. Allie probably really appreciated it.
It's supposed to go up to 65 today but I live so close to the lake that it won't be that actually warm. I pulled out a short sleeved shirt to wear to work today.
Sunday my daughter went out to the thrift shops looking for vintage pyrex. She collects it. It boggles my mind want people charge for the stuff. It me, it's just the bowls I have in my cupboards not collectables. She did find some bowls and a casserole dish with a lid.
I have to wok 11-8 again today. I hope everyone has a good day.
Liz
Clio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:39 AM   #1635
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Keep up the Great work you look fantastic!

Chicago Mo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
august, bags, park bags, sewing, weight loss

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: