Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2014, 04:06 PM   #1591
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

I love V's hair!! Did she get a perm? And the glassesclassic yet cool! I'm sure she got a lot of compliments about them.

You can put me at a later slot for a bag. Oh, that's right, I don't have a slot. Dang!

I hope you get a lot done and back on track. In Mo's wordsSlacker!!
Old 03-29-2014, 01:55 AM   #1592
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Thanks Sandra. I hope potty training is going well yet.
Wait? We're supposed to be potty training here? Yeah James has decided using the potty is over rated. Hasn't cared to do it the last day or two. Oh well it'll happen when it's supposed to.

Glad your talking to wasn't as bad as it could have been. But still not good that they scheduled you on a day you haven't worked in forever!!

What do you mean we're driving to WDW from CA? PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3179094
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2014, 05:43 AM   #1593
cogero
DIS Veteran

I love Vs glasses she looks adorable. I love when C wears hers. I call it geeky chic though I want to go and order her a second pair.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 06:46 AM   #1594
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedonaldduck View Post
Love the new glasses...and her hair!
Thanks Jennifer! Yah... Her hair... She despises using heat on her hair, but she will sit for hours and wrap her hair in curlers at night... It's so cute!

Quote:
I totally dropped the ball on your dad's birthday card. Maybe I'll get a belated one in the mail, or just send one soonish for no occassion at all. Sorry.
Apologies are not necessary at all... YOu all do more for my Dad than his own family does.

Quote:
If you need to switch my slot to get someone else in before their trip, feel free. Now that I know I'm getting a bag, I can wait a little longer for it if it will give someone else some pixie dust for their trip.
Thanks, but I think I have it as good as it gets... It was getting to the point where if I moved 1 person, it would cause 2 more to miss the opportunity. So, I'll just leave it, but thanks for the offer.

Quote:
Hope you have a great day. I needed to be super productive yesterday and I was doing pretty good until I got a call from the school saying that Peyton was sick. I had to go and get her around lunchtime and once I got her home I had zero motivation to work from home yesterday afternoon. I am going to be paying for it this weekend - I can't see how I'll get everything done I need to without working over the weekend. And Peyton has strep throat. Luckily my parents were able to help out and they are watching both girls today so I am back at the office - although my co-workers want me to go home - they are afraid I have strep throat germs. Off to be super productive!
Oh no... What a bummer - I sure hope she is feeling better soon. I know how you feel - I'll be working along side of you all weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthequeen View Post
Love V's glasses and HER HAIR!!!!!
Thanks! She likes to put it in curlers occasionally... It's so cute that way.

Quote:
I missed sending a card for Dad's birthday, but I will get one in the mail tomorrow, and just so you understand how bad I am about sending cards, my sister's bd was Wednesday, and I haven't even bought her card yet.. Her gift is finished though! We are supposed to get together tomorrow night, so all is not lost. Last year, I don't think I gave her gift to her until May. The worst part is that she lives about 4 miles from me.

Have a great day! C and I are looking at newer cars too....
I know the feeling - I am HORRIBLE about cards. When my dad first went into the nursing home, I went out and purchased a bunch of "thinking of you" cards... Thinking if they were here, I could just sign one occasionally and drop it in the mail... I have only mailed him one...

Any luck with cars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Oh, I just love V's hair and her new glasses. She looks really great!

Have a good weekend.
Thanks Kathy! I hope you have a good weekend too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
I love V's hair!! Did she get a perm? And the glasses…classic yet cool! I'm sure she got a lot of compliments about them.
Nope, no perm... She likes to roll it in curlers before bed... She is quite good and quick at it. I took a photo of her the other day, but she would KILL me if I posted it here... It was soooo cute though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
You can put me at a later slot for a bag. Oh, that's right, I don't have a slot. Dang!

I hope you get a lot done and back on track. In Mo's words…Slacker!!
You know, I wish I could. But all those people who didn't get a spot would probably lynch me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
Wait? We're supposed to be potty training here? Yeah James has decided using the potty is over rated. Hasn't cared to do it the last day or two. Oh well it'll happen when it's supposed to.

Glad your talking to wasn't as bad as it could have been. But still not good that they scheduled you on a day you haven't worked in forever!!
You are right - he will do it when he is ready. This was good practice for him though.

Me too... Yah - that was kind of annoying. I have a feeling it will be like that a lot now. Really gonna have to watch that schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogero View Post
I love Vs glasses she looks adorable. I love when C wears hers. I call it geeky chic though I want to go and order her a second pair.
Thanks! I think they are so cute! And she loves them, so that's a bonus.

I wish I could say that I accomplished something yesterday, but I did not. Sigh.

The plan was to go grocery shopping with BFF in the morning, then come home and work...

Well... BFF had a LOT on her list - I didn't make it home until AFTER the girls were home from school and AFTER Josh was home from work! GULP!

To top it off, I came home with a roaring headache... So not only did I not work in my sewing room yesterday, but I didn't make dinner for the family either.

I am feeling much better this morning.

V has her shoot today for the last day of her gun safety training - so her and Josh will be gone all day.

I will be home - WORKING!!! With any luck - I will catch up. I don't have much of my applique left to do, so I suspect I can finish this bag today if I really dedicate myself. It will take all day, but that's OK.

On a side note... I have to share. I probably shouldn't, but well - it's fun - well, fun for me anyways.

So, as you all know, I am meeting the girls in Chicago at the end of May... SUPER EXCITED!

One thing I really want to do, is to go out to dinner with them, somewhere "nicer"... Not fancy, but somewhere I can dress up a little and wear a skirt. I purchased the fabric last fall - and I've been holding on to it until spring, where I can make the skirt in the proper size... I've been picking up little pieces for this outfit as the year has gone on... and I finally ordered the last piece to it this morning... You all know I have a "thing" for red shoes (and swimwear, but that's another story)... Well, I've always wanted a pair of red sandals, and I found this pair the other day - fell. in. love! When BFF and I were out shopping yesterday, I found a local store where I could try them on, but they didn't have red... I was forced to order them online. Super comfy, super cute! (Crap, now I want the brown ones... and the lime... Still another story) I am just so excited to finally be small enough where I can dress up and wear fun stuff!

But I had to show you all - because red shoes make my heart pitter-patter.

So, now my fun outfit for the trip is complete... Once I make the skirt...

I hope you all have a fantastic weekend!!!! Sending out prayers and wonderful (WARM) spring thoughts to all of you!

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 06:57 AM   #1595
ljcrochet
DIS Veteran

THe red sandal are so cute.
I can't wait to see a picture of your fancy outfit.
ljcrochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:38 AM   #1596
Terkina
DIS Veteran

I hope you get done the things you want this weekend. I can't wait to see your outfit.

My Pre-Trip report My Trip report
Me Tantor Terkina Esmeralda
Terkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:47 AM   #1597
Iamthequeen
DIS Veteran

As far as cars go, we have just been looking and doing some research. Not going to get a new car but a newer used car. Looking at smaller cars like the Ford Fiesta. Probably not going to get one until sometime over the summer. I'll be driving it back and forth to work since the gas mileage will be better and I drive 20 miles one way. Charlie will use it when he has to go out of town and I'll drive the Escape - which I love, but the gas mileage is not great.

Well, since you will have a new outfit for our trip I guess that means I need to get on the stick and find something too. I have a pair of red sandals that I bought last year and I love them. I can't wait for it to be warm enough here to start wearing capris and sandals! I bought a pair of lime green Keens that I'm dying to wear too.

I think I'm going to make a new bag with the villians fabric I found at JoAnns. I've decided I need a slightly larger version of the two-zip hipster and I need to add more pockets to it - and a water bottle pocket. I've been running the idea around in my head, so I think I know what I want to do now, so its time to get started on it. I also have a bunch of tshirts to work on for some midgets we know...

I hope you have a productive day in your sewing room.
Old 03-30-2014, 06:51 AM   #1598
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljcrochet View Post
THe red sandal are so cute.
I can't wait to see a picture of your fancy outfit.
Thanks! I just love them... I have a shoe problem...

I am super excited about the outfit - however - after ordering my red shoes yesterday, I double checked the fabric and it's more of a dark coral - sigh... I sure hope it looks OK with red shoes? For some reason, my brain was thinking "red"... Although - that would warrant the turquoise ones I want...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terkina View Post
I hope you get done the things you want this weekend. I can't wait to see your outfit.
Thanks Lillian... I was able to make good progress yesterday. I am not done with this bag yet - but I am close... about another hour. Not sure if I will do it today or Tuesday morning?

I am excited about my outfit. I may have to have Alli take me out on another photo shoot. I love those!

Quote:
As far as cars go, we have just been looking and doing some research. Not going to get a new car but a newer used car. Looking at smaller cars like the Ford Fiesta. Probably not going to get one until sometime over the summer. I'll be driving it back and forth to work since the gas mileage will be better and I drive 20 miles one way. Charlie will use it when he has to go out of town and I'll drive the Escape - which I love, but the gas mileage is not great.
That makes total sense. I hope you are able to find something good.

Quote:
Well, since you will have a new outfit for our trip I guess that means I need to get on the stick and find something too. I have a pair of red sandals that I bought last year and I love them. I can't wait for it to be warm enough here to start wearing capris and sandals! I bought a pair of lime green Keens that I'm dying to wear too.
I think that you and I are going to get along famously. No need for a new outfit - but you could make yourself a skirt too, so I don't feel out of place.

I know - I've been "on strike" for weeks now... I've only been wearing capris and sandals... So far, so good. Yesterday, we hit 42 deg, and it was all I could do to keep myself from whipping out the ONE pair of shorts I own that fit me.

On a side note, I have a pair of baby blue Keens... I love them. I really loved Bernadette's dark blue pair too (she wore them to our water park day last year) - they were super cute! I think that lime would be adorable as well, Keens are great park shoes - I also wear mine to work all the time.

Quote:
I think I'm going to make a new bag with the villians fabric I found at JoAnns. I've decided I need a slightly larger version of the two-zip hipster and I need to add more pockets to it - and a water bottle pocket. I've been running the idea around in my head, so I think I know what I want to do now, so its time to get started on it. I also have a bunch of tshirts to work on for some midgets we know...
You know how this excites me!

I also have some fabric I need to send you - I've had it set aside for several weeks, and I keep forgetting to put it in the mail... I will try to do that this week.

I've been debating on making myself a new bag for our trip too... My dillema is that I really want to use the same fabrics I am using for my skirt... but I am worried that they will be too matchy-matchy? I can't decide.

I had a really good day in my sewing room yesterday... I was able to almost completely catch up. I have about an hours worth of work to do yet. I may be able to do that today, otherwise I will do it on Tuesday morning. I will be completely caught up at that point, and I am very relieved about it.

Allison and I hung out most of the day yesterday - after I finished working in my sewing room.

Josh and Victoria spent the day at the shooting range... She PASSED her gun safety training! So PROUD of her!!!!!

I was in a spring mood yesterday, so I went to the meat market and purchased a few packages of bratwurst for Josh to grill last night... It was heavenly! I also made a strawberry/spinach salad. The whole dinner really hit the spot!

My neighbors were sitting on their deck when I got home from the meat market yesterday, so I went over and sat with them to chat for about an hour. It was wonderful... We are super close with all of our neighbors - but in the winter time, we rarely see eachother. So, it was great to sit there and catch up - and soak in a bit of Vitamin D on top of it.

I was going to go for a walk yesterday, but I opted to sit with our neighbors instead. Today is supposed to be nicer - so I think I may go out today instead.

Gus came over last night... He stayed for a little while. Again, it's nice to have him here.

Ok - so on to my skirt outfit dillema - which I mentioned a little bit above...

I ordered those beautiful red sandals, then I went to look at the fabric again, and it's more of a coral/orange color (not the red I remembered it to be...) So, do you all think the red will be OK? Or should I try to find something else to go with it?

Because I adore these too...

OK, I am done... I would like your opinions though... I know it's hard to tell from pictures... I thought about ordering different fabric - but I just LOVE these fabrics and they will be so FUN for spring!

Have an amazing day everyone! Prayers and good thoughts to all!

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 07:48 AM   #1599
cogero
DIS Veteran

I would probably go with the blue for those fabrics but I would definitely keep the red because those would look adorable with capris.

can I ask what brand of shoes those are?

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:07 AM   #1600
Tinkercc
Mouseketeer

I would go with the blue also. A girl can never have too many sandals!!
Tinkercc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:36 AM   #1601
sweetpeaandevie
DIS Veteran

oooooh, I love the blue ones!!!
Old 03-30-2014, 08:53 AM   #1602
Clio
Mouseketeer

I think the blue would look better with those fabrics but I'd keep the red. One can never have too many pairs of shoes.
You're so lucky that you got to sit out yesterday. We had a bad snow storm. Friday it was in the 50's. It's all supposed to melt this week when it gets into the 50's again.
We're finally getting a new photo printer at work. We barely made it through Christmas last year.
V looks so cute in her new glasses and hair.
Liz
Clio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 09:07 AM   #1603
campinggal
DIS Veteran

Hi D!

I was lured out of 'lurkdom' with talk of strawberry/spinach salad and cute Dansko sandals!!!

I'm a lover of that salad combo- so spring tasting- even though in NH we still have snow and temps in the 30s going on- that salad combo makes it seem like spring will happen soon.

I love the fabrics for your skirt but I'd agree with what you are thinking- the red is a little too red for the fabric- however those blue ones will look awesome. I like the prior posters comment to keep the red 'cuz they will look awesome with capris. So I'd vote to keep both!

Hope you had a fabulous day!

Liz (lucky #18 )
campinggal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 09:13 AM   #1604
Denovagirl
DIS Veteran

Blue! And then make a new outfit to match the red! Lol...that's how I roll!
Denovagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 09:18 AM   #1605
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
So, Gus came over, we had dinner... It was very good. I found out that Gus doesn't like asparagus... Oops. I requested a list of foods he doesn't like - I felt badly for making him asparagus on his birthday.
I think Gus had a good birthday. I did thank him for spending it with us, as I am sure his family wanted to spend it with him too, but it sounds like they are celebrating next week. So, that's good.

D~
I'm very curious about Gus. He sounds like a nice guy but I can't help wonder what his life at home is like. He seems to spend a lot of time at your house, even on important days when most teenagers would be home. Do you find that unusual?

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973

Last edited by Wood Nymph; 03-30-2014 at 09:24 AM.
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
august, bags, park bags, sewing, weight loss

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: