Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2014, 01:53 AM   #1561
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
Hey D, just popping in. I know you said you aren't sure about the trip if it will happen. I really hope it does!
I have really been struggling with this for fall, to me changing the date is not an option and I will not push it another year. After running numbers even at a value, it is beyond stretching it for us. If V does come, I really think we need more room. I think having V or V and I in a separate bedroom than my parents is better and more comfortable for everyone. 2 rooms at a value blows us up budget wise and that's cheaper than the suites, so it means that we are staying off site. It is killing me to not stay onsite, but in order to go on a trip at all, it is just what has to happen. We are looking at Whyndam Bonnet Creek. It is located right beside Carribean Beach. Closest to property I think you can get. Through a time share rental company, we'll pay $100 for a 2 bedroom Condo, or $120 a night for a 3 bedroom. Not sure if that would be an option to consider. you would have your own rooms, I believe it is 3 bedrooms and a pull out sofa so you'd all have your own room. If you will consider off site it is a good place to look at it seems. (Trust me, it is killing me! but when I think that we will be able to do so much more with the savings...) we're looking at $2600 for a room & 8 days of Tix at WBC vs. $3,640 at POR or $2770 at POP. We will rent a car due to my mom's scooter I think, but you can use their buses. It seems like they come at scheduled times every 30 min. I think for us having that extra space is needed.
but it means going to Disney.
I hope you trip happens too. Just think of it this way at least your not driving 4 kids cross country to get there!!!

What do you mean we're driving to WDW from CA? PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3179094
ladylyons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:51 AM   #1562
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

My sincere apologies, but I don't have time to do replies this morning... I ~ sort of ~ overslept. Sigh. I will either do them tonight when I get home, or I will do them in the morning.

I work an early shift at Target today, I do expect to get "talked to" - since I did have to call-in from TN last week. Oh well...

Last night was kind of crazy... Alli had track practice from 6-7:30, which threw our entire night off track. Gus had to work late, and didn't make it for dinner...

So, I took Alli to town, dropped her off... On the way, I realized I forgot my phone at home. Normally I would just grumble, but last night was the night I had to open to take orders for next year... I recruited Josh to do the task for me. What a great guy! I encouraged him to sit there for a minute and watch - it is kind of fun to see. After a few seconds, he told me there were 7 replies, and then a few seconds later "scratch that, 22 more"... Hahaha... So, I think in less than 20 seconds, I filled for the next year. This is my job security and what keeps me doing this, so it always makes me happy to "have a job" for another year. Congratulations to anyone here who happened to get a spot.

Meanwhile, V and I were picking up her new glasses... They look so adorable on her - and she can finally SEE! She is a happy girl!

Again... I work at Target today. Sigh.

I hope you all have a wonderful day... Sending out prayers and good thoughts to all who need them.

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2014, 05:59 AM   #1563
solana131
DIS Veteran

Good Morning my friend!

So excited that you got your flights! What great timing we all have on arrival...that will make it fun. We will all be at the baggage claim at the same time . 63 days and counting....

Love the Fox n Hound bag. One if Bradey's favorite movies. And I love the simple background....really puts the focus where it should be, on your amazing handiwork

So sorry about the horrible situation in your town. This time of the year it seems the northern states especially see way too much suicide. Unfortunately, we have our fair share around here too And this winter has just been so bad for depression. We need warmth and sun!

Ahhhhh....that rhubarb cake is fantastic! I can almost taste it again. Along with those grilled veggies Josh cooked us. Yum!

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
solana131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:28 AM   #1564
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

I hope your "talking to" isn't too bad this morning.

I had kind of forgotten about you taking orders last night but I happened to be on Facebook when the notice popped up. I had fun watching the madness.
Pluto0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:31 AM   #1565
jedimeg16
Mouseketeer

It was pretty crazy to watch it fill up so fast! But it is proof that you do an amazing job on your bags and it is worth the time and every penny spent on them.

'Ohana Means Family - My first TR
jedimeg16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:42 AM   #1566
nowellsl
my car finds out everytime I have money

Great job on the Fox and the Hound bag! I remembered at the last minute and by the time I got to your Facebook page I knew I was too late! Congrats on filling your spots so quickly, bring on the auctions!
nowellsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:16 AM   #1567
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I hope your "talking to" goes okay.

RIP Genie
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:22 AM   #1568
lovedonaldduck
DIS Veteran

Hope your "talking to" is painless.

So excited that I was fast enough on Facebook last night! I can't wait to see my bag - in 6 months or so
Old 03-26-2014, 08:28 AM   #1569
Terkina
DIS Veteran

Hope the "talking to" goes ok. I didn't expect any thing else than the spots for your bags filling up extremely fast.

My Pre-Trip report My Trip report
Me Tantor Terkina Esmeralda
Terkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:36 AM   #1570
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

How did i get that far behind???
Love the fox and the hound bag!!!!!! another HUGE HIT!!! Totally missed the auction last night! i got a bit busy..

YES AWESOME DIS MEET!

I cannot wait this is going to be even more epic!

So many fun adventures to be had!

Good Luck on work today...

Chicago Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 12:32 PM   #1571
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Good luck with your talking to.

I forgot about you taking orders. Oh well always next time. I do still love mine so I'm not to heartbroken.

What do you mean we're driving to WDW from CA? PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3179094
ladylyons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 12:58 PM   #1572
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Shoot! Missed another sign up for one of your bags!! Yesterday Jennifer got her new cast and didn't get home until 7:30PM. They left for the hospital at 8:30AM!!! So to say I was busy was an understatement and on top of that it snowed all day long. I was soooo tired last night, I wouldn't have known how to place a bid anyway probably. HaHa! I'm glad ( but not surprised) it filled so quickly. You never have to worry about job security, my friend!

The Fox and the Hound bag is so cute! I do love that interior fabric as well. Great color choices as usual. You are amazing!

Whatever you hear today from your supervisor won't be as bad as that witch a few weeks ago, at least I hope not! Your trip was totally worth the slap on the wrist you'll get. I'm sure you are one of their more conscientious workers, so don't sweat it.

Glad V got her glasses and loves them.
Old 03-26-2014, 01:53 PM   #1573
Denovagirl
DIS Veteran

Love the bag, as usual! Makes me sooooo excited that I'll get one now too!!

Man, that was intense last night! Lol!!! Your talents are very sought after! I'm not surprised!
Denovagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:48 PM   #1574
Clio
Mouseketeer

The fox and hound bag is really cute. I like the way the colors look together.
I'm glad V got her glasses. As someone who's worn glasses for years, I know how great it is to get new ones.
I hope the talking to wasn't too bad. Our store manager always talks to us using her mother voice when any of us get called to the office.
I can't remember who asked but I live about 30 miles Northeast of Cleveland in a small town right on the shores of Lake Erie. I have friends in the Akron area and go down to the National park in the summer.
Liz
Clio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:05 PM   #1575
cogero
DIS Veteran

I hope Target was good to you.

Trying to make an effort to Dis more. I have missed it.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
august, bags, park bags, sewing, weight loss

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: