Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2013, 12:31 AM   #1
Rumors Rocks
Mouseketeer

Post Disney’s 1st Veterans Institute Event on November 14th

Michelle Obama to Give Keynote Speech at Disney’s 1st Veterans Institute Event http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...stitute-event/

Video: Disney's Heroes Work Here - Pride http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=m3bp922401c

Quote:
First lady Michelle Obama will give the keynote address next month at the first Veterans Institute workshop presented by The Walt Disney Company.
The daylong workshop, part of Disney’s initiative to support veterans and encourage other companies to hire them, will be Nov. 14 at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Fla.

The free event will feature veteran and business panel discussions; appearances by Disney on-air personalities, including ABC News anchor Bob Woodruff; advice and from experts and veteran support organizations, as well as veterans telling their own stories about becoming part of the civilian workforce.

The workshop is the latest effort by Disney to help the men and women of the U.S. armed services. In 2012, the company launched its Heroes Work Here program, in which it made a commitment to hire, train and support military veterans. Through that program, the company hired more than 1,300 veterans and has pledged to hire 1,000 more. It has also highlighted veterans’ skills in a public service campaign and offered more than $1 million in philanthropic support for veteran and military organizations.

Robert A. Iger, Disney’s chairman and CEO, said in a statement that the company was honored to have the first lady join its first Veterans Institute, and he praised Obama’s efforts to raise awareness about the needs of veterans and their families.

In 2011, Obama and Jill Biden, the wife of Vice President Joe Biden, launched Joining Forces — an organization to connect servicemen and servicewomen, veterans, and their spouses with the resources they need to find jobs. The program highlights the veterans’ potential, expands their career development opportunities and helps employers create family-friendly workplaces for them.
ABC News is owned by The Walt Disney Company.
No political commentary.
Rumors Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:10 AM   #2
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Thanks for posting this and I won't make a political commentary.

I will say that I hope people join in supporting our Veterans.
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2013, 08:54 AM   #3
Rumors Rocks
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
Thanks for posting this and I won't make a political commentary.

I will say that I hope people join in supporting our Veterans.
Rumors Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:04 PM   #4
Poohbear Fan
Mouseketeer

I was really glad to hear that Disney was sponsoring this workshop! What a great cause!

I wondered if anyone knows where this workshop will take place at WDW. We'll be on-property on the 14th and would like to avoid any traffic problems.

Thanks!

Poohbear

"Hel-lo there! Welcome to our little transdimensional joyride, folks!" -- Dr. Seeker
"I may have invented these bifocals I'm wearing, but I assure you they are not rose-colored." -- Ben Franklin
1973 Polynesian; 1975 Contemporary; 1986 offsite; 1991 offsite; 1993 offsite; 1997 POFQ; 1998 offsite; 1999 AS-Music; 2000 Coronado Springs; 2000 AS-Music; 2002 AS-Movies; 2003 AS-Movies; 2003 AS-Music; 2004 Pop Century; 2005 POFQ; 2006 POR; Jan 2007 POR; May 2007 POR; Sept 2007 POR; Jan 2008 POFQ; Jan 2010 POR; Nov 2011 POR; Jan 2012 CBR; Nov 2013 CBR

Poohbear Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: