Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2013, 09:13 PM   #76
andysomma1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdklein View Post
Between FP+, not being able to get FP- for at decent times unless there before RD, the changes to GAC/DAS, and the new upcoming ADR CC policy, I really think no more visits to WDW. No longer a vacation. Anybody else feel the same?
NO!
Old 10-29-2013, 09:34 PM   #77
ToddyLu
Welcome aboard explorers- I love Mr. Ray

My DH vowed never to eat another hotdog at Casey's on a wheat bun. For him that was IT...the end...now they have the hard hoagie roll type thing that is worse than the wheat bun in my opinion, but he is happy (or at least that is what we got last year). So we will see how FP+ goes in two days. I will take my MB in pride and wear them with optimism...until I can't open the room door and then whip out the KTTK card and use it...if they give me one...geez...I have been waiting on this vacation for a year and look forward to all of the crowds, smells, melt downs, and lines like always.

DH was pretty upset when he couldn't have a BLACK magic band...who doesn't do a black band? That was weird and after that I noticed the missing purple.
first trip ASMo 2002, ASMo 2003, ASMo 2004 twice, ASMo 2005, POFQ 2006, Pop 2007, Pop 12/2008 with DDP, AKV SV 10/09 with DDP, AKV SV 12/10, AKV 5/11, AKV SV 10/11, AKV 5/12, AKV 10/12, AKV 11/13, AKV 5/14, AKV 10/14, AKV 5/15, Fall 2016
My DH loves me for my points!!
ToddyLu is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-29-2013, 09:37 PM   #78
Spoiledraf
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysomma1 View Post
NO!
I think the FP+ is going to be a HUGE plus for us. The crowds are growing so you have to expect less ride opportunities. At least FP+ gives me the opportunity to get on my favorite rides. We are breakfast people and we don't like to get up at 6 am when we are on vacation to eat and make rope drop.

What it comes down to is adapt to the changes because the crowds are not going away. Apparently a lot more people have found the disposable income to visit the Happiest Place on Earth. I hope all the whiners stay home so they don't interfere with my Happy Time!

33 days!
Spoiledraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:40 PM   #79
nansmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddyLu View Post
DH was pretty upset when he couldn't have a BLACK magic band...who doesn't do a black band? That was weird and after that I noticed the missing purple.
I have wondered if they're reserving black or some other color for off-site guests only. That would make things a lot easier at EMH...
Old 10-29-2013, 10:00 PM   #80
photobob
DIS Veteran

I completely understand the sentiments of the OP. If you want to eat at your favorite restaurant better make reservations six months ahead and now you need to make reservations for attractions. I think Disney veterans have learned to adapt to changes but I can't imagine trying to explain to people getting ready to make their first trip to the world what they need to do to prepare.
*1997 CBR* *1999 ASMovies* *2001 ASMusic* *2003 Yacht Club* *2004 Yacht Club* *2005 Yacht Club* *2006 CSR* *2007 BWV* *2007 Vero Beach* *2008 VWL* *2008 DCL* *2008 BWV* *2009 Vero Beach* *2010 SSR* *2011 Beach Club!!**2013 AKV*
photobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:25 PM   #81
dbramer
Mouseketeer

Ya know...I have been reading these posts for some time about how the "new programs screw up our tried and true touring strategies" and realized that these "strategies" have been posted on every disney-related web site and every disney guidebook, so guess what....every person that visits has seen the same touring plans and does the same things....so guess what...it is going to be more crowded at the "slow" times of the year because everyone has been told that is the time to go....the FP's gone at rd because everyone has a runner to go get one...the race to the headliners at rd...all these things are sooooo common that we can no longer complain about them because they aren't your individual plans anymore....they have become public domain yet people are complaining because everyone is doing the same things they have always done....and now saying they aren't going back to disney because they can't see everything in one day anymore by "working the system" and taking advantage of loopholes and inconsistencies....no sympathy here....I get to disney about once every five years because I have to plan my vacations that far in advance...I want my DD (4) to see WDW and we will go no matter what the final verdict is on FP+ and MB and DAS and CC'ed ADR's....because we get to spend time as a family there.....I used to consider myself a type-A theme park commando, but there is no fun in that....it becomes an exercise in futility and exasperates everyone due to the pace you have to set....vacation is a time to stop and smell the roses...not a continuation of the rat-race you are leaving behind...we plan what park we are going to on what day and where we want to eat that day....other than that....we wing it....we will use FP+ if it is still available when we go....use it on the headliners and standby the rest of the day.....no big....new touring plans will be devised to make the most out of the new systems and everyone will be happy again....stop crying, please....I know a lot of my students can't afford to ever see disney...and may never get the chance....be thankful you have the money to shell out for a top-shelf vacay every year....

76 - offsite, 79 - offsite, 82 - offsite - (USAF) - 93 - offsite, 96 - offsite, 01 - offsite, 05 - offsite, 09 - Pop, 15 - POFQ

dbramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:28 PM   #82
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

I really don't care for planning my rides out but people need to remember this is still a test. You should withhold any judgment until awhile after the testing ends.

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:28 PM   #83
Fantaluminishes
To all who come to this happy place, welcome!

I think people really like to create drama on these boards. If all the people who complain here about FP+, ADR's, EMH, MB's, PP, etc. actually stopped going to WDW, we'd see about 100 less people in the parks. You'd think the people on these boards make-up the bulk of Disney guests. They don't even amount to a blip on Disney's radar.

The whiners and crybabies are even a smaller lot. But if it wasn't for the complainers, this website wouldn't exist. It's funny. Disney is supposed to be a happy place. But all these miserable people here make it seem like the worst vacation destination in the world. I'd love to see the moderators do something about all the negativity on this board. This is supposed to be about trip planning. Not a constant b#tchfest about trips that haven't even occurred yet.

Meanwhile the 99.5% of us who appreciate WDW will keep enjoying our vacations.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:29 PM   #84
conandrob240
DIS Veteran

While not a travel deal breaker, those terrible wheat buns made me never order another hot dog or burger at WDW ever again.
conandrob240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:34 PM   #85
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantaluminishes View Post
I think people really like to create drama on these boards. If all the people who complain here about FP+, ADR's, EMH, MB's, PP, etc. actually stopped going to WDW, we'd see about 100 less people in the parks. You'd think the people on these boards make-up the bulk of Disney guests. They don't even amount to a blip on Disney's radar.

The whiners and crybabies are even a smaller lot. But if it wasn't for the complainers, this website wouldn't exist. It's funny. Disney is supposed to be a happy place. But all these miserable people here make it seem like the worst vacation destination in the world. I'd love to see the moderators do something about all the negativity on this board. This is supposed to be about trip planning. Not a constant b#tchfest about trips that haven't even occurred yet.

Meanwhile the 99.5% of us who appreciate WDW will keep enjoying our vacations.
It might not be that simple:

Quote:
A study by the Technical Assistance Research Programs Institute pinpoints three findings about customer complaints:

"1) The average customer with an unresolved complaint will tell nine to 10 people; 13 percent tell more than 20 people.
"2) Up to 70 percent of complainers will return to your business if the complaint is resolved. Up to 95 percent return if the problem is resolved quickly.
"3) For every complaint received, the average company has 26 unhappy customers it never hears from; six of these customers have problems that are considered serious.

Consider this: For every customer who complains, 26 remain silent. Five complaints a week means there are 130 dissatisfied, disgruntled ex-customers out there that you never hear from.
Number three is particularly interesting. I've always heard that most people say nothing whether they're happy or unhappy. How much of this applies to a themepark is a good question IMO.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:42 PM   #86
tinkrbell1437
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by conandrob240 View Post
At Stormalong bay, we watched the same large band-aid and empty water bottle sit along the pool area for DAYS.
And it never occurred to you to pick it up?

I can sort of understand the band-aid, but a plastic bag over the hand and you could have picked it up...

Yes, Disney should be more on top of the litter, but if everyone picked up just one piece of easy to chuck litter (like a popcorn box or a water bottle - not talking dirty diapers or anything like that) the park would be improved
tinkrbell1437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:43 PM   #87
Sammie
DIS Veteran

nope, We loved Fastpass+ and the magic bands and could care less if they end the old Fastpass system, as it never worked for us.

The CC hold does not bother me, so we are happy DVC customers.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:58 PM   #88
MickDisney
Magic

One day my family will enjoy the World all by ourselves!
MickDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:13 PM   #89
larryz
Looking for the perfect vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkrbell1437 View Post
And it never occurred to you to pick it up?

I can sort of understand the band-aid, but a plastic bag over the hand and you could have picked it up...

Yes, Disney should be more on top of the litter, but if everyone picked up just one piece of easy to chuck litter (like a popcorn box or a water bottle - not talking dirty diapers or anything like that) the park would be improved
I'm all for cleaning up after myself, but last time I checked, WDW was paying CMs to do regular grounds-keeping and trash runs to clean up after those who don't, and I was paying a HUGE premium to stay in their resorts and visit their theme parks to help pay for that staff.

What's next -- bring a paint brush, a couple of C-7 light bulbs, and a few rolls of toilet paper?
Old 10-29-2013, 11:16 PM   #90
kim_o
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayouMickey View Post
Be honest..... It's the lack of purple magic bands.... isn't it...
I really wanted a purple MB! I stared at that customization screen for a good 10 minutes hoping it would magically appear

kim_o is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: