Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2013, 11:50 AM   #646
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDSearcher View Post
Oh come on ... you'd miss me if I didn't respond.

I'm going to haunt all the "overseas vacation planning" boards and wait for someone who says, "Man ... I thought this was going to be fun, but here I've got the Louvre asking me to pinpoint exactly which day and what time I want to view the Mona Lisa. What's THAT all about?"

That would only bother me if only certain hotel guests were allowed to schedule times and I had to wait standby.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:55 AM   #647
WDSearcher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
That would only bother me if only certain hotel guests were allowed to schedule times and I had to wait standby.
Touché. (To keep with the theme.)

WDSearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2013, 12:58 PM   #648
Nakkira
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPCummerbund View Post
I like ham.
Me too!

Oct 2013 - 5 days (offsite hotel)
Feb 2009 -3 days (offsite hotel)
Oct 2004 - Week (Caribbean Beach Resort)
Feb 1998 - Week (offsite hotel)
Fall 1993 - Week (offsite hotel)
Nakkira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 03:07 PM   #649
LoKiHB
Mouseketeer

Quote: Originally Posted by Mad Hattered View Post
Uhhhhhhh....the title of this section is Theme Park Attractions and Strategies. I don't see Trip Planning in the title. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmeck View Post
The Theme park Attractions and Strategies forum is a subforum under the heading "Disney Trip Planning". Just look at the box at the top left side of this screen, where the thread name is listed.

DOH!!!!

"Come to the Dark Side. We have cookies"
LoKiHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 03:11 PM   #650
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDSearcher View Post
They always have in the past for things that were "pre-paid" (Character dining, parties, etc). I can't imagine they'd stop that now.

My understanding is that it is up to cast member discretion, within limits. It was suggested to me, though not outright stated, that you have a good chance of getting an exception if you're the only one who wants one (ie sick child, plane delay) but not so much if there's a case where many families are asking the same (ie terrible weather, restaurant running way behind). And so far that's been absolutely consistent with our experience - when we wanted to walk away from a restaurant that was running over an hour behind in seating we were told in no uncertain terms that we'd be charged if we did, but when we cancelled a pre-paid ADR because of an illness we had no problems at all.

Colleen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 03:24 PM   #651
magicbob
DIS Veteran

Are there some changes that I don't like? Yes. I'm not excited about the direction FP+ is heading (as I've made abundantly clear as a pretty vocal critic) and I'm not a fan of Avatar.

But, am I "done?" No way!

At the risk of ruining my reputation as an unhappy, bitter, cynical, anti-progress, grumpy, negative Nellie... here are some things that I'm really looking forward to:

Although I have big concerns that the FP+ system is going to severely reduce my FP opportunities, I do like the concept of being able to pre-book some things.

Even though I'm not a big Avatar fan (and I will never lose hope that Disney will eventually add an Australia section to AK), the concept art and the recently revealed model of the floating mountains look really cool, and the description of the attractions sound pretty promising too. And let's be honest. Even if you hated Avatar, it's got to be better than the waste of real estate that is Camp Minnie Mickey (with the exception of the Lion King show which is already moving).

There's talk of adding Star Wars Land and Cars Land to DHS! Awesome!

The Fantasyland expansion was just getting under way during my last visit... I'm looking forward to seeing the completed area (BOG and 7DMT especially).

I'm saving up for a DVD purchase at AKL in 2015 when I get back to the USA. Also planning a trip to Aulani for my 30th Anniversary! Poly DVC is something else to look forward to.

Even though a Marvel attraction is not possible in FL due to the Universal contract, there's talk of adding Marvel attractions overseas. HKDL is on my bucket list (as well as getting back to Tokyo to visit DisneySea).

Even the "Disney Springs" facelift for DTD means more new stuff to experience in an area that definitely needed some revitalization.

So whether FP+ turns out to be a boon or a boondoggle, there are lots of exciting new park expansions, etc. on the horizon. And I, for one, am looking forward to enjoying all of these things for years to come.

How's that for a dose of positivity? And I didn't even have to resort to PINK.

Ratatouille, the Ride!

magicbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 03:26 PM   #652
BayouMickey
Green Grinning Gators Come Out To Socialize

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPCummerbund View Post
I like ham.
PIE is bettah
BayouMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 03:35 PM   #653
Ellwood970
Mouseketeer

The main street bakery cherry turnovers were best after 40+ years they are gone I do not think the suits stopped there much.
Ellwood970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 03:37 PM   #654
roomthreeseventeen
Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood970 View Post
The main street bakery cherry turnovers were best after 40+ years they are gone I do not think the suits stopped there much.
My husband agrees with you, but he said that the danishes at Fort Wilderness are just as good.
AKL (marathon weekend) and ... AKL (Wine and Dine)
2013 Fort Wilderness 2014 Dopey Challenge AKL
2015 Dopey Challenge at POR!

roomthreeseventeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 03:39 PM   #655
Ellwood970
Mouseketeer

Fast pass plus will work just fine and if I have to stand in line so what those are the best times to meet people and cartch up with family and friends. And I think that the stand by lines have moved much faster since the hour long return time is being enforced.
Old 11-08-2013, 03:59 PM   #656
Ellwood970
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roomthreeseventeen View Post
My husband agrees with you, but he said that the danishes at Fort Wilderness are just as good.
thanks for that tip i will try them.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:01 PM   #657
magicbob
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakkira View Post
Me too!
That's one honkin' on big glass of wine!

Ratatouille, the Ride!

magicbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:47 PM   #658
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicbob View Post
Are there some changes that I don't like? Yes. I'm not excited about the direction FP+ is heading (as I've made abundantly clear as a pretty vocal critic) and I'm not a fan of Avatar.

But, am I "done?" No way!

At the risk of ruining my reputation as an unhappy, bitter, cynical, anti-progress, grumpy, negative Nellie... here are some things that I'm really looking forward to:

Although I have big concerns that the FP+ system is going to severely reduce my FP opportunities, I do like the concept of being able to pre-book some things.

Even though I'm not a big Avatar fan (and I will never lose hope that Disney will eventually add an Australia section to AK), the concept art and the recently revealed model of the floating mountains look really cool, and the description of the attractions sound pretty promising too. And let's be honest. Even if you hated Avatar, it's got to be better than the waste of real estate that is Camp Minnie Mickey (with the exception of the Lion King show which is already moving).

There's talk of adding Star Wars Land and Cars Land to DHS! Awesome!

The Fantasyland expansion was just getting under way during my last visit... I'm looking forward to seeing the completed area (BOG and 7DMT especially).

I'm saving up for a DVD purchase at AKL in 2015 when I get back to the USA. Also planning a trip to Aulani for my 30th Anniversary! Poly DVC is something else to look forward to.

Even though a Marvel attraction is not possible in FL due to the Universal contract, there's talk of adding Marvel attractions overseas. HKDL is on my bucket list (as well as getting back to Tokyo to visit DisneySea).

Even the "Disney Springs" facelift for DTD means more new stuff to experience in an area that definitely needed some revitalization.

So whether FP+ turns out to be a boon or a boondoggle, there are lots of exciting new park expansions, etc. on the horizon. And I, for one, am looking forward to enjoying all of these things for years to come.

How's that for a dose of positivity? And I didn't even have to resort to PINK.
I like your style and totally agree. I'll only add that I'll be even more impressed when Disney actually breaks ground on any of this that doesn't involve more shopping and hotel rooms.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:58 PM   #659
PeterPanic
DIS Veteran

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by awilliams4 View Post
I suspect that those who have been highly critical of staying onsite on this thread probably never really treated themselves to a WDW vacation. Staying Onsite, sleeping in, doing a larger Villa at a Deluxe, Table Service at least 1-2 a day, etc.
To each his own, but I can tell you this about me. I would never ever be able to say that spending 3 or more times more for a room onsite, when all I'm going to do is sleep in the room (with eyes closed) a treat. I consider a fun day in the parks a treat. I can't get that at home. I can get a bed to sleep in at home. If I'm going to line somebodies pockets with money it will be mine and not some unknown Disney executive come bonus time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen27 View Post
Or they have (or at least considered it long enough to price it out), and then looked at the cost and realized they could have traveled around Europe or laid on a beach in Hawaii or explored the rainforests of Costa Rica for the same money. I would never do Disney that way - there are other, more valuable travel experience that can be had for what we'd spend on that kind of trip. We enjoy WDW, obviously, but we're there for the parks. If I want to drop $400+/might for a relaxing resort experience there are a hundred other destinations that would be higher on my list.
Wouldn't it be nice if it were just $400.00 per night, but it is a lot more then that in a deluxe resort. I usually go solo since my divorce 12 years ago so paying that kind of money is just not going to float my boat. I did one year, not long ago, rent a 5 bedroom villa offsite with private pool and jacuzzi in a Florida room, with all the amenities for my 11 person family for $1700.00 for 7 days. I don't see how that can be beat and it was pure luxury only an easy 10 minute ride to anywhere in WDW.
PeterPanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:44 PM   #660
GrimGrinningGhost25
Mouseketeer

A deluxe is not $400+ a night. We just stayed at BC and the price before the 35% discount was $325 a night. Still pricey but not more than $400 a night.

We were there this week and have not found any of the changes to be a problem. If anything it heightened our trip and experience. And from our friends and family ( and random people we have spoken to ), they felt the sane way.

If you don't like it don't come. It's pretty simple.

"My dearest friend, if you don't mind, I'd like to join you by your side. Where we can gaze into the stars and sit together, now and forever. For it is plain as anyone can see we're simply meant to be" - Jack & Sally

April '90 (offsite), Oct 2006 (AS Sport), Dec 2009 (POR), Sept 2010 (PC), May 2011 (BLT), Feb 2012 (BW), June 2012 (SSR), Jan 2013 - Our Wedding~Simply meant to be~(BWV), Nov 2013 (BC)
GrimGrinningGhost25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: