Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2013, 05:31 AM   #571
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayouMickey View Post
Don't you just love how people "get" the magic? I never realized optimism became apologetic...
This Dis is like high school. The "cool" kids are the ones who bash Disney at every turn. Every issue is blown out of proportion. I picture those people as wearing leather jackets and smoking.

The "nerds" are the people that try and stay optimistic, and also those who follow the rules. They get that Disney is first and foremost a business and are selling us a product. One that we can buy or not buy. Those are the people that in my mind have cuffed jeans and nerd glasses.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:39 AM   #572
robpa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
This Dis is like high school. The "cool" kids are the ones who bash Disney at every turn. Every issue is blown out of proportion. I picture those people as wearing leather jackets and smoking.

The "nerds" are the people that try and stay optimistic, and also those who follow the rules. They get that Disney is first and foremost a business and are selling us a product. One that we can buy or not buy. Those are the people that in my mind have cuffed jeans and nerd glasses.
Why do people always feel a need to put people into groups? The way I see it, this is a discussion about Disney, by people with an interest in Disney.
robpa is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-07-2013, 06:56 AM   #573
ain0004
Mouseketeer

Just back. We had fast pass plus. Yes, there was times we did not use it. But I was always able to adjust to another park if I did not use them. Or change times. More complicated. I was still able to pull fast pass at toy story with. My ap.
ain0004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:13 AM   #574
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayouMickey View Post
Lol to be fair granny, this stopped being a discussion long ago.. its just a broken record at this point. Keeps repeating and repeating and repeating and repeating *BUMP* *screeeetch*
Eh it still doesn't hurt anyone. . I know it sounds trite but people really have no reason to read it if they aren't interested. Don't mean that in a snotty way just that if everyone walks away it will die and if not then people can argue, fuss, consider or discuss. I read it because I've had a migraine for days and it keeps my head just busy enough not to hurt as bad and not to barf. Lol, tmi I'm sure.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:16 AM   #575
Nakkira
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpa View Post
Silly girl the parks aren't for riding rides they exist for the ambiance
How foolish of me.
So I pay to get into the parks to look around, and the rides are just a side item they are nice enough to let me use once in awhile.

It all makes so much more sense!

I still love Disney. I maintain I still had an over-all great vacation.
I just really felt cheated a few times.

I do have faith they will work out the kinks and it will even out.

It is just that Right Now it feels like unless you are paying the extra to stay in a Disney resort you experience is limited to just a few attractions per day.

Oct 2013 - 5 days (offsite hotel)
Feb 2009 -3 days (offsite hotel)
Oct 2004 - Week (Caribbean Beach Resort)
Feb 1998 - Week (offsite hotel)
Fall 1993 - Week (offsite hotel)
Nakkira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:47 AM   #576
Angel Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom

Wow.

DLR: July '84 (first trip! ), July '86 (family), April '88 (Easter), August 2004 (DCA for the first time!), March 2009, April 2010 (F&W Festival!),
April 2011

WDW: July '87 (first trip to WDW!), April '93 (Easter), April '95 (Contemporary), July 2006 (Honeymoon - GF!), December 2007 (SoG),
March 2013 (SoG, our princess' first trip! ), October 2013 (SoG, F&W festival!), November 2014 (Yacht Club, F&W adults only trip!)
Angel Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:51 AM   #577
robpa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakkira View Post
How foolish of me.
So I pay to get into the parks to look around, and the rides are just a side item they are nice enough to let me use once in awhile.

It all makes so much more sense!

I still love Disney. I maintain I still had an over-all great vacation.
I just really felt cheated a few times.

I do have faith they will work out the kinks and it will even out.

It is just that Right Now it feels like unless you are paying the extra to stay in a Disney resort you experience is limited to just a few attractions per day.
Welcome to the "new" Disney.....hand over your wallet , oh yeah and Have a Magical Day
robpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:00 AM   #578
cabanafrau
DIS Veteran

Quote:

So those who aren't thrilled with every move Disney makes are rule breakers who don't understand Disney is a business? I think I'm going to need a map to follow that logic.

IMO critical voices are exactly what the WDW resort needs right now, not fanatics gleefully cheering the run over the cliff. Viewpoints and arguments aren't helped by demonizing opposing voices -- something I hope America as a whole recognizes soon.
cabanafrau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:04 AM   #579
Mad Hattered
I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality.

Quote:
Even the "cool" kids who bash are good people on the inside.

I like escalators, because an escalator can never break; it can only become stairs. There would never be an “Escalator Temporarily Out of Order” sign. Only an “Escalator Temporarily Stairs… Sorry for the Convenience.”
Mad Hattered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:09 AM   #580
JanaDee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzylogicllc View Post
Wow. So you ruined WDW for someone who's never even been. Nice. WDW is *not* that complicated. Yes you *can* do all that stuff... but it is in no way required to go and have an incredible awesome magical time. I know! I may be a planner-type... but the other bunch of ppl I travel with are all not. They enjoy walking around, reminiscing, taking pics of the haunted mansion, actually ENJOYING the stuff along the wait in the graveyard to get into it, and if they don't get into a particular must-see restaurant cuz they didn't make an ADR they pick ANOTHER ONE that is open. It's not a big deal. Really. Just cuz it is to you, you should be sorry for indicating WDW *required* the work you *choose* to put into it.

Geez. It's a park. The BEST ONE IN THE WORLD. 99% of people out there can just buy tickets and go have fun.
Yes, WDW *is* that complicated and is becoming more so, thanks to FP+.

I spend three times as much time planning WDW vacations than I do any other vacations. I don't even plan that much. I can't imagine how many hours are wasted by uber-planners.
JanaDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:11 AM   #581
JanaDee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakkira View Post
How foolish of me.
According to some people, yes. You should just be happy they let you in the gate and you get to be there.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:13 AM   #582
JanaDee
DIS Veteran

Quote:

The Dis is a discussion board. A discussion board about Disney.

That includes people from all over the world, with many varied opinions about Disney.

Geez louise, talk about insulting people. Didn't you make a remark a few pages ago about how these types of posts don't get us anywhere?
Old 11-07-2013, 09:15 AM   #583
JanaDee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
And posts like this are why things get so heated on the Dis. Some people can't take it that others have a different point of view. They mock others to make themselves feel better. Sad.
Just for reference.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:17 AM   #584
fuzzylogicllc
www.infinitrader.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpa View Post
Why do people always feel a need to put people into groups? The way I see it, this is a discussion about Disney, by people with an interest in Disney.
Hehe and the corollary, Why do people always feel offended by someone else thinking about ppl in groups that they don't already and will never know.

-Nerd
(yes with glasses)
Now I cast Magic Missle.
fuzzylogicllc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:19 AM   #585
Angel Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzylogicllc

Hehe and the corollary, Why do people always feel offended by someone else thinking about ppl in groups that they don't already and will never know.

-Nerd
(yes with glasses)
Now I cast Magic Missle.
I just think her comment is a bit hypocritical, given her comments a few pages back.

DLR: July '84 (first trip! ), July '86 (family), April '88 (Easter), August 2004 (DCA for the first time!), March 2009, April 2010 (F&W Festival!),
April 2011

WDW: July '87 (first trip to WDW!), April '93 (Easter), April '95 (Contemporary), July 2006 (Honeymoon - GF!), December 2007 (SoG),
March 2013 (SoG, our princess' first trip! ), October 2013 (SoG, F&W festival!), November 2014 (Yacht Club, F&W adults only trip!)
Angel Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: