Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2013, 01:25 PM   #136
W.E.D.
Haunted Mansion junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdklein View Post
Between FP+, not being able to get FP- for at decent times unless there before RD, the changes to GAC/DAS, and the new upcoming ADR CC policy, I really think no more visits to WDW. No longer a vacation. Anybody else feel the same?
I'm not giving up on WDW, but I understand what you're saying. We were planning on a trip in April of 2014, but it really felt like a chore with all the unknown variables and such. So we are going somewhere else this time around. We'll be back once FP+ has sorted itself out.
...hurry back......hurry back......be sure to bring your death certificate.
W.E.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:27 PM   #137
fuzzylogicllc
www.infinitrader.net

Quote:
Our reasons for a vacation are to get away from all the hustle and bustle of everyday life, and all the planning involved on a daily basis. Now we have to plan our attractions and ADR's even more-and make sure we don't forget to cancel ADRs far enough in advance to avoid a CC charge. Our vacation priorites are not wrong.
Requiring you to cancel a reservation is common sense. If you didn't already do that anyways, you should have! Otherwise they end up overbooked because ppl book more than they will use, then ppl who actually want to go can't go...

FP+ will get the kinks worked out.

Sorry I can't agree w you I see these changes as nothing but good for the parks and its visitors.
fuzzylogicllc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-30-2013, 01:29 PM   #138
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran

We rarely use FP. We found it more trouble than it was worth most times to have to go run for a FP. The only times we got one were for Toy Story or if we wanted to go on a ride and the line was too long - we got one to come back later - like Soarin. But that usually only happened once or twice in a week long trip. We do go early in the morning and have found that is the best time to get on all of the rides with little waiting. Hopefully, that won't have changed too much. We shall see - in 10 days!
Old 10-30-2013, 01:52 PM   #139
Minnesota!
Shoeless in Minnesota
Has lots of rules in bed
Must have my Jelly Belly's from the Main Street candy store
I am quite spacy

I am right there with you. Except the GAC stuff - I agree with the changes made there. But the FP/MB stuff just sucked the life out of our last trip. We will go back - when everything is NOT NEW and NOT FRESH and NOT GLITCHY. We had a really bad experience with the FP/MB stuff...and it really killed "the magic" for us.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:51 PM   #140
Kathy C
Mouseketeer

We too will continue to go. My granddaughter is five and we will be leaving on our tenth trip with her, mommy and daddy next month. We've booked all of our FPs, made our ADRs and will be trying the dining plan for the first time this trip. I don't necessarily like planning my day (ride wise) a couple months in advance, but we made the FPs with the thought if we get there, we get there and if our plans change so be it. We will make most of the FPs reservations we made but may not make every one.

We have always enjoyed our vacations at Disney and will just go with the flow and the changes!
Kathy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:57 PM   #141
Jenny Sanders
DIS Veteran

I'm still going, and I can't wait!! If you don't like the changes, then stay home!!!
29 trips too Disney World and counting...next stop POFQ March 2014
Jenny Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:00 PM   #142
PrettyFlower2
Mouseketeer

I will have to try out the system to see for myself in June Then I'll decide if I will return again. I am trying to be positive but after so many discouraging threads my expectations are not going to be high.

Eating Vegetarian in WDW

Dana
PrettyFlower2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:26 PM   #143
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDSearcher View Post
You'll only have one reserved time to ride those rides. I don't get the whole thing about only being able to ride a ride once. In the "old days", people would pull a FP and then immediately get in the standby line. They'd ride once on standby and then wait for their FP time. If they absolutely positively had to ride a third time, they could pull another FP if FPs were still available, which wasn't always the case. During Thanksgiving week in particular, it wasn't unusual to have FPs gone for popular rides early in the day, meaning that once you had one standby ride and one FP ride finished, you couldn't pull another FP for later. It's not like the "old" system (once they started requiring you return during the window) allowed people to ride a gazillion times with no waiting.

If you want to ride something multiple times, you get to the park early and ride standby, just like before FP+ reared its ugly head. Then you also ride your FP+ time, which means you've got two rides. And if you notice that the standby line is relatively short later in the day, then you can ride it again, just like you would have in "old FP" days if all the FPs were gone. You make it sound like once you've reserved your FP+ Disney will physically bar you from riding at any other time.

And even with "old" FP, you needed to make sure you didn't miss your times. Otherwise, you'd be stuck in the standby lines (or have zero rides on those attractions).

Let me start by saying I don't discount the good that has come from forcing people to return at the times on their FastPass.

That said, I really did enjoy gathering up fastpasses through the day and then coming back at night and riding the same attraction a couple of times. Those days are long gone and probably for the better. It did feel like FP lines were getting long in the evenings.

My point was, if you miss your FP+ time you're done with that ride. You will not get on some of the major attractions again. And I don't see how you'll get to ride more than once if you're not willing to wait more than an hour in standby. I guess a morning run to the attraction would work.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.
Old 10-30-2013, 03:50 PM   #144
JRawkSteady
Mousecessed DIS Veteran

Quote:
Between FP+, not being able to get FP- for at decent times unless there before RD, the changes to GAC/DAS, and the new upcoming ADR CC policy, I really think no more visits to WDW. No longer a vacation. Anybody else feel the same?
The GAC change is for the better. The ADR CC policy is slightly annoying, but also for the better. The only people who can be upset with these two things are people trying to screw over the system. The FP+ is horrific, so I'm with you there. But I'd rather the Negative Nancy's never come back and leave more room for the Positive Pauls!!!!!

" Imagine if the trip were not merely the width of this room but the breadth of a galaxy, the span of a universe. Well imagine no more. Because soon one of you will be taking that trip. One of you will seize the future with XS! Bon Voyage!"

JRawkSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:09 PM   #145
sonofanarchy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanwa View Post
See ya. One less person in the crowd I'll have to deal with.

If THESE are the reasons that you won't visit Disney World, then I think your have your vacationing priorities wrong to being with.

Pointless thread.

Ethan
Not nearly as pointless as your post.
sonofanarchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:14 PM   #146
Minnesota!
Shoeless in Minnesota
Has lots of rules in bed
Must have my Jelly Belly's from the Main Street candy store
I am quite spacy

I forgot to add one thing - the FP+ was the least of our worries - even though it didn't work for us a good chunk of the time, we are not FP diehards, and we were really only using FP+ for the novelty of it being a new thing. Our issues were mostly with the MB. They never worked as they should, I had many many many reservations mixed up b/c of errors with them, poor room access, I had $400 withdrawn from my checking b/c of them, etc. It was just an ugly mess and nobody seemed to be able or willing to help. It just made a very frustrating vacation - when WDW is typically where we go to wind down and relax. There was no winding down - dealing with angry guests, rude and frustrated CM's...who are anything but "magical". One particularly RUDE and OBNOXIOUS CM at Pop Century....after the encounter I had with him, I had no choice but to get a manager involved. They comped me with 1 day hoppers. Hmmm. Not exactly willing and or ready to rush back and take advantage of that.

Which is why, I will not be back until things are straightened out and the new process is just "the process"....where CM's and guests know just what the hell they are doing.
But for us "lucky ones" who got the shaft during the testing (not everyone, I concede...)...it certainly soured us on everything - MB, FP+, and WDW as a whole...

I hope that the rest of the testing is seamless and nobody has to put up with the BS that I did....that would be fantastic if they were able to get it smoothed out before too long.
Old 10-30-2013, 04:14 PM   #147
Vidia2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRawkSteady View Post
The GAC change is for the better. The ADR CC policy is slightly annoying, but also for the better. The only people who can be upset with these two things are people trying to screw over the system. The FP+ is horrific, so I'm with you there. But I'd rather the Negative Nancy's never come back and leave more room for the Positive Pauls!!!!!
The GAC changes help to level the playing field for the non-disabled. The other changes are now usable for the disabled, whereas they weren't before. It's all in the eyes of the beholder and some people will just never be happy.

I'm personally over the moon about FP+.
Old 10-30-2013, 04:18 PM   #148
Andie272
Mouseketeer

I will still be going to Disney! When we want a relaxing vacation WDW is the LAST place I think of, we cruise for a relaxing time.

2006 - All Star Music
2009 - Coronado Springs
2013 -Caribbean Beach Resort
Andie272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:10 PM   #149
Schmeck
Funny thing is now my 17 year old naps almost every day and so do I!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
monty, I agree with most of what you posted except for one thing. I never agree with taking something away from people. I think that there will always be hard feelings when that happens. I can easily feel happy for someone who is fortunate but still feel unhappy when I think that I've lost something.
This just made me smile, and think about everything that gets taken away from us as we live our lives. The womb, binkies, cribs, training wheels, T-ball, weekly allowance, my mom cooking dinner for me every night...
Aug '05 - BC Aug '04 - PC, AKL
Oct '02 - AKL, POR May '99 - CBR
May '96 - CBR Dec '80 - offsite
Schmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:26 PM   #150
WDSearcher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayouMickey View Post
I'm sorry, no disrespect lol but I have to giggle about this.. In my "old days" there was no FP...
Oh ... mine too. My "old days" included ticket booklets and deciding which E ticket rides were worth it.

But most people are lamenting "the days before FP+", so it's an easy comparison phrase!

WDSearcher is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: