Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2013, 09:25 PM   #1
Disneyplanners
Mouseketeer

Looking for Olaf plush in the park

Does anyone know if an Olaf plush is available to purchase somewhere in the parks? I've already checked Mousegears, and the Disney site is sold out. Also looking for the 2014 calendar with the park attraction posters if anyone knows where to find that. Thank you for any help!
Disneyplanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:44 PM   #2
TLHB70
Let me be known by the Company I keep, eclipsed by YOUR presence that I may decrease
I really like a lot of the music they play out around the park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyplanners View Post
Does anyone know if an Olaf plush is available to purchase somewhere in the parks? I've already checked Mousegears, and the Disney site is sold out. Also looking for the 2014 calendar with the park attraction posters if anyone knows where to find that. Thank you for any help!
We have looked and asked each day we have been here. There are none. They have the ones that have the press button and talks. But there is no stuffed, plush Olaf. A CM confirmed that for me in HS today.
Register to remove

Old 12-09-2013, 09:46 PM   #3
Disneyplanners
Mouseketeer

thank you, I'll check the Disney store when we get back home.
Disneyplanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:04 PM   #4
lucyem
DIS Veteran

Maybe i was imagining it but i could have sworn my ds and i were looking at a stuffed Olaf at the world of disney store at dtd just last week. I just asked him and he agreed with me. I remember him squishing it. They were plush and in the princess room by the bbb. They were on an endcap type display facing the doorway coming into the room from the other part of the store.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:48 PM   #5
aml3679
Kita's Mom

We saw them last night at World Showcase -- Norway.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:20 AM   #6
TLHB70
Let me be known by the Company I keep, eclipsed by YOUR presence that I may decrease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyplanners View Post
thank you, I'll check the Disney store when we get back home.
My daughter found one online at the Disney Store. It is pretty big and 70 something dollars.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:22 AM   #7
TLHB70

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyem View Post
Maybe i was imagining it but i could have sworn my ds and i were looking at a stuffed Olaf at the world of disney store at dtd just last week. I just asked him and he agreed with me. I remember him squishing it. They were plush and in the princess room by the bbb. They were on an endcap type display facing the doorway coming into the room from the other part of the store.
We have not been to Downtown Disney yet. We have only been in the parks. Hmmmm.... I guess we need to make a trip and check there. We had not planned to go at all once the CM said there were none.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:24 AM   #8
TLHB70

Quote:
Originally Posted by aml3679 View Post
We saw them last night at World Showcase -- Norway.
We looked all over World Showcase. Was it completely plush? Or did it have that press button to talk? Those look plush but they really aren't. They have hard places inside dues to the talking.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:02 AM   #9
TLHB70

So far we have been to Epcot for two full days, MK for two full days, and HS for one full day. We have looked at every store in each of those parks and we have asked CM in several stores. We have not found any that are completely plush, that you can hug and sleep with. DD wants the stuffed animal kind for sleeping. The ones we are finding look plush but they are not. They are inside a box. You can press a button in his foot and he talks. He is in a box. So if someone was able to pick one up and hug him in Downtown Disney, that one might be different. You can't hug the ones I am finding because they are in a box. Maybe the Downtown Disney ones are like the Disney Store ones. We have some extra time on Friday and will check there. I hope that helps. We have been on a mission to find one too.
ETA: Today is AK day for us. We plan to check there too. We also still have one more day in each of the other parks as well to check. But we will try to check Downtown Disney on Friday now.

Last edited by TLHB70; 12-10-2013 at 07:15 AM.
TLHB70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:22 AM   #10
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Here is the merch display when the movie came out. I recall that the Olaf's not in the box were plush:

Perhaps they're sold out now? I saw them at MK, DTD, and Epcot.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:48 AM   #11
Dug720
SQUIRREL!!

Good luck! Olaf is EXTREMELY popular! We are (or were as of last night...not sure what shipment brought) completely sold out at the Disney Store in Times Square.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:26 AM   #12
TLHB70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post
Here is the merch display when the movie came out. I recall that the Olaf's not in the box were plush: Perhaps they're sold out now? I saw them at MK, DTD, and Epcot.
Thank you!
We are only seeing those pictured in the box, not those others. The others must be sold out at the stores we have checked.
Old 12-23-2013, 10:23 PM   #13
suttonal821
Earning My Ears

When we were there Dec. 6-7, they were completely sold out. Emailed a CM at merchandising about it today and she said he was currently not on reorder, but because of his popularity would probably be in the new year. While we were at DTD, a CM had told us they were waiting for a new shipment. So who knows when they will get them! My local JcPenney had tons of them before the movie came out and I should have gotten one then. When we got back from Disney, I went back and they too had none.
suttonal821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 10:34 PM   #14
DisneyGirl421
Future Broadway Star!
Singing is *my* anti-drug!
My nickname is Braids

Good luck finding him. From what I have heard, he's sold out across property and they are currently awaiting shipment, hopefully soon. But I do know it was sold in Norway, as well as World of Disney.
Disneystore.com does have an Olaf plush available though!

This reminds me of what happened when the Lotso plushes became available a few years ago... Selling out like crazy!
Go for your dreams, you can live it, Reach for the sky, there's no limit
~ Having the time of my life living the dream in WDW, digging at the Mine with the Seven Dwarfs, swimming Under the Sea with Ariel, and going back to the day Belle & Beast fell in love
MK Fantasyland Attractions <3
DisneyGirl421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 11:22 PM   #15
Tiffany507s
Mouseketeer

I asked this question on a Diser Facebook page and I had two people reply back that CMs told them a lot of the merch is out until March! I really hope that's not true but who knows...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: