Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Power of 10 - DIS Events to Benefit GKTW
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2014, 02:26 PM   #61
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Grumpy9 View Post
We are thinking about doing a meet up friday evening either at Troegg's Brewery or at the Bear's Den at the Lodge. We hope to announce that really soon.
great! Thank you

**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 04:16 PM   #62
Stermie
Dis Unplugged Fan

Is there a age limit for the dis meet?
Stermie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2014, 08:21 AM   #63
1Grumpy9
DIS Veteran

No there isn't an age limit.

We Can't Be Stuck on the Stairs Again TR

1Grumpy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:18 PM   #64
chaoscent

Mouseketeer

DISboards Moderator

GKTW Cookbook -
To the members of the DIS Unplugged Podcast Team. I am a member of the planning group for the Harrisburg GKTW DISmeet. I am also a co-moderator on the Creative DISigns forum (ChaosCent). We would like to make a cookbook to sell at the meet. We would like to include recipes from each of the DIS team if possible? We will have sections for Cooking Tips, Appetizers, Salads & Snacks, Soups, Casseroles, Meat & Seafood Main Course, Vegetarian, Side Dishes, Desserts, drinks, kid friendly recipes. We are shooting for about 5 - 8 recipes in each section with no more than 100 recipes. The books will be 8 ½ by 5 ½ and open up width wise, rather than length. Imagine an 8½ x 11 sheet of paper folded in half. Put two recipes on one sheet of paper, print them back to back so there are four recipes on each 8½ x 11 sheet of paper. You cut the pages in half so you have 2 pages 8½ x 5½. You bind the sheets together using a binding machine (which I am hoping someone has so I can borrow it). We will sell the books at the event. We will also mail them to anyone who would like one. The committee will decide on a price. I know people do this for fundraisers & I think the going rate is $10, but I will leave it up to the planning group. It would make the book a lot more valuable if there were recipes from the DIS Unplugged group. So, here’s the challenge. If I can get your favorite recipe and your favorite cooking tip I will put them all together. I do have the tips that I used when I made one as a gift, but I don’t want to take the chance that they might be copyrighted so I prefer we collect our own. Also, once I get a cover graphic worked out I will send to Cory for approval. Unless of course he has a cover graphic just sitting around in his head just waiting for this cookbook to appear. Please share with the Podcast crew who might not see this request. Thanks all. Penny (chaoscent on the DISboards)
Autograph Cards & Covers, Tshirts & Background Clip art are here http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/d...1Cent/?start=0 Our DISigns are free as we donate our time and talent to make them. If you like what we have made please consider a donation to Give Kids the World. To donate, please click the Power of 10 image in my signature.
chaoscent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:26 AM   #65
1Grumpy9
DIS Veteran

Registration is now open for the Saturday event. Other events will open later in the month.

Old 04-07-2014, 12:39 PM   #66
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Registration is now open for the Saturday event. Other events will open later in the month.
Quick question - is the registration for the Saturday even the same no matter the ages? I.e., kids pay the same as adults?

Thanks!

**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
Old 04-07-2014, 01:40 PM   #67
1Grumpy9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
Quick question - is the registration for the Saturday even the same no matter the ages? I.e., kids pay the same as adults?

Thanks!
Yes, it is.

Old 04-08-2014, 09:09 AM   #68
DrDoodle
Earning My Ears

So where do I go to register?
Old 04-08-2014, 09:20 AM   #69
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, it is.
Thank you .. our family of 4 is officially registered. Set to stay at the Hershey Lodge as well.

Thanks for organizing!

Old 04-08-2014, 09:21 AM   #70
Wimpy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoodle View Post
So where do I go to register?
Registration is now open for the Saturday event http://padismeet.eventzilla.net/ Use the code: PADISMEET

If you register for the event this first week you will receive 5 extra tickets for the Chinese Auction!!

==========================================

"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne
Wimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:24 AM   #71
Wimpy
Mouseketeer

We will be closing the group tickets for Hershey Park on April 10th. If you are interested in buying Hershey Park tickets, please let us know!

==========================================

"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne
Wimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:23 AM   #72
1Grumpy9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
Thank you .. our family of 4 is officially registered. Set to stay at the Hershey Lodge as well.

Thanks for organizing!
GREAT!!! Thanks for participating. We are all looking forward to this event. Let's hope we can raise lots of money for a great cause!!!

Old 04-08-2014, 11:22 AM   #73
Batgirl67
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoscent View Post
GKTW Cookbook -
To the members of the DIS Unplugged Podcast Team. I am a member of the planning group for the Harrisburg GKTW DISmeet. I am also a co-moderator on the Creative DISigns forum (ChaosCent). We would like to make a cookbook to sell at the meet. We would like to include recipes from each of the DIS team if possible? We will have sections for Cooking Tips, Appetizers, Salads & Snacks, Soups, Casseroles, Meat & Seafood Main Course, Vegetarian, Side Dishes, Desserts, drinks, kid friendly recipes. We are shooting for about 5 - 8 recipes in each section with no more than 100 recipes. The books will be 8 ½ by 5 ½ and open up width wise, rather than length. Imagine an 8½ x 11 sheet of paper folded in half. Put two recipes on one sheet of paper, print them back to back so there are four recipes on each 8½ x 11 sheet of paper. You cut the pages in half so you have 2 pages 8½ x 5½. You bind the sheets together using a binding machine (which I am hoping someone has so I can borrow it). We will sell the books at the event. We will also mail them to anyone who would like one. The committee will decide on a price. I know people do this for fundraisers & I think the going rate is $10, but I will leave it up to the planning group. It would make the book a lot more valuable if there were recipes from the DIS Unplugged group. So, here’s the challenge. If I can get your favorite recipe and your favorite cooking tip I will put them all together. I do have the tips that I used when I made one as a gift, but I don’t want to take the chance that they might be copyrighted so I prefer we collect our own. Also, once I get a cover graphic worked out I will send to Cory for approval. Unless of course he has a cover graphic just sitting around in his head just waiting for this cookbook to appear. Please share with the Podcast crew who might not see this request. Thanks all. Penny (chaoscent on the DISboards)
I would love to purchase this cookbook if it happens, as I can not attend this event. Add me to the list, please.

Thanks!
Lisa
Batgirl67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:20 PM   #74
chaoscent

Mouseketeer

DISboards Moderator

Lisa - once we finish the book, we will work something out with the DIS to list it for sale. I will check with one of the DIS Unplugged administrators at the event. thanks so much, Penny
Autograph Cards & Covers, Tshirts & Background Clip art are here http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/d...1Cent/?start=0 Our DISigns are free as we donate our time and talent to make them. If you like what we have made please consider a donation to Give Kids the World. To donate, please click the Power of 10 image in my signature.
chaoscent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 03:19 PM   #75
1Grumpy9
DIS Veteran

I can also add it to the Eventzilla page that we can have it for sale. This way we know how many to order and how many we will need to have printed up to send out.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: