Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-28-2013, 09:04 AM   #1
greenclan67
Callie35
 
greenclan67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Manitoulin Island, Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,477

Fun Card Seaworld Orlando now good through 2014

Just saw it on there page buy now good through 2014.
__________________


ME DH DD (12): DD We love good times!
2012 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 13 days
2011 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 12 days
2010 Cypress Pointe Resort 12 days
2009 Bonnett Creek 8 days
2008 Solano Resort 8 days
greenclan67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:40 PM   #2
angelmom27
DIS Veteran
 
angelmom27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: PSL, FL
Posts: 1,624

I was waiting to see that one. I really think its a smart move on their part. Helps draw in more crowds for the holidays and gives them a reason to return next yr too.
__________________
angelmom27 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-28-2013, 04:30 PM   #3
greenclan67
Callie35
 
greenclan67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Manitoulin Island, Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,477

I agree. I was waiting for it too! We have 1 annual pass we keep for the discounts, and parking. We will buy 3 of these because we are going in Dec and March!
__________________


ME DH DD (12): DD We love good times!
2012 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 13 days
2011 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 12 days
2010 Cypress Pointe Resort 12 days
2009 Bonnett Creek 8 days
2008 Solano Resort 8 days
greenclan67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:02 PM   #4
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran
 
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Canada, Eh!
Posts: 6,239

I just wish SW Orlando would offer a similar deal to SW San Antonio, where you can get a SW/Aquatica Combo Fun Card.

http://seaworldparks.com/seaworld-sa...tional_Options

I would buy those in a heartbeat.

As it stands, I will probably purchase our tickets via a one-night SW hotel package (even though we don't need a hotel, the savings will still be substantial) and then upgrade our length of stay tickets to AP's once we're there. Or wait for the Super Grover passes to go on sale on Black Friday.

I had kind of held out hope for the combo Fun Card for 2014 for Orlando....but I guess that won't be happening. *Sigh*.
__________________
Gina and her two guys ...conquering awesome Orlando, one offsite attraction at a time!

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! PTR in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:50 PM   #5
greenclan67
Callie35
 
greenclan67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Manitoulin Island, Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
I just wish SW Orlando would offer a similar deal to SW San Antonio, where you can get a SW/Aquatica Combo Fun Card.

http://seaworldparks.com/seaworld-sa...tional_Options

I would buy those in a heartbeat.

As it stands, I will probably purchase our tickets via a one-night SW hotel package (even though we don't need a hotel, the savings will still be substantial) and then upgrade our length of stay tickets to AP's once we're there. Or wait for the Super Grover passes to go on sale on Black Friday.

I had kind of held out hope for the combo Fun Card for 2014 for Orlando....but I guess that won't be happening. *Sigh*.
I said the same thing!! I wish we could get those too....
__________________


ME DH DD (12): DD We love good times!
2012 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 13 days
2011 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 12 days
2010 Cypress Pointe Resort 12 days
2009 Bonnett Creek 8 days
2008 Solano Resort 8 days
greenclan67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:02 PM   #6
Jenny-momof3
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,377

I too wish it was a combo card. We're planning on getting the super grover pass if they go on sale on black Friday.If not we'll buy regular combo ap's. But with 6 passes to buy, I would buy those fun cards in a heartbeat if I could include Aquatica!

Gina~ Your trip reports and all the wonderful pictures convinced us we HAVE to have Aquatica on our passes as well! We all love to swim and I know we're going to love that park!
__________________
Cast members
Me DH DD17 DD13 DS7 DS2

July'08 POP/WH, July'09 BCV/AKV,NOV'09 POP,MAR'10 WH,Dec.'10 POP, Mar'11 POP,July'11AK,Nov.'11 POP,Mar.12 WL/SSR, July'12 BCV/BLT,Dec '12 BC/AOA, Jan.13 WL, Apr.'13 BC, Jun. '13 SSR
Jenny-momof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 05:21 AM   #7
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran
 
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Canada, Eh!
Posts: 6,239

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny-momof3 View Post
Gina~ Your trip reports and all the wonderful pictures convinced us we HAVE to have Aquatica on our passes as well! We all love to swim and I know we're going to love that park!
Thanks for the kind compliment!

I think your family will LOVE Aquatica....its a great park! And you know, after visiting both Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon on our most recent trip, Aquatica still ranks tied as #1 for us (along side TL, and that's only because of their fab wave pool).

I am excitedly counting down to our next visit in August 2014 !
__________________
Gina and her two guys ...conquering awesome Orlando, one offsite attraction at a time!

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! PTR in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:10 AM   #8
greenclan67
Callie35
 
greenclan67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Manitoulin Island, Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
Thanks for the kind compliment!

I think your family will LOVE Aquatica....its a great park! And you know, after visiting both Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon on our most recent trip, Aquatica still ranks tied as #1 for us (along side TL, and that's only because of their fab wave pool).

I am excitedly counting down to our next visit in August 2014 !
I have to say after having Annual passes to both SW and BG for the last few years on EZ pay I am ready to give them up. The discounts just aren't there anymore. To top that off, I was thinking because we have 2 back to back trips planned we would buy platinum passes for our Dec trip and use them in March, then possibly again in Dec. Why I didn't, because as Cdns we are no longer able to do the EZ pay, which when buying 4 passes would be far more economical for me. I instead ended up buying the Dc America Express deal for $149 with 14 day passes to Aquatica & SW, we will be cancelling our passes as soon as we return, and will not be going to any of these parks in March. Instead we bought Universal Studios AP's because guess what Cdns can do EZ pay payments. We will use them one day in Dec to be able to see Grinchmas. Then our trip in march will strictly be Universal. I am a huge fan of SW parks, we have been to DC 5 times already this will be our 6th visit. But I have had a few incidents this upcoming trip with booking things that have left me a little less tasteful for it.
__________________


ME DH DD (12): DD We love good times!
2012 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 13 days
2011 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 12 days
2010 Cypress Pointe Resort 12 days
2009 Bonnett Creek 8 days
2008 Solano Resort 8 days
greenclan67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:14 AM   #9
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran
 
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Canada, Eh!
Posts: 6,239

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenclan67 View Post
I am a huge fan of SW parks, we have been to DC 5 times already this will be our 6th visit. But I have had a few incidents this upcoming trip with booking things that have left me a little less tasteful for it.
greenclan....would you be willing to share what has caused you frustration this time around? Just 'cause I'm curious (and poised to give SW another chunk of my vacation money ) . I think the more we know, the better consumers we can be .

If you don't mind sharing your recent experiences, I for one would be very grateful for your input .
__________________
Gina and her two guys ...conquering awesome Orlando, one offsite attraction at a time!

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! PTR in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:40 AM   #10
greenclan67
Callie35
 
greenclan67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Manitoulin Island, Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
greenclan....would you be willing to share what has caused you frustration this time around? Just 'cause I'm curious (and poised to give SW another chunk of my vacation money ) . I think the more we know, the better consumers we can be .

If you don't mind sharing your recent experiences, I for one would be very grateful for your input .
Hey Gina,
I just used to find they would bend over backwards to help and keep your business. We have two AP's both bought 3 years ago on EZ payment plan. So we already have an EZ pay plan comes out of our account every month. So I phone SW to see if I can take the two I have make them Platinum Passes and buy 2 more. Can't do either. Now I will give the people on the phone credit, she tried everything she could to do it. She couldn't over ride the system. I didn't even want them shipped. I could have picked them up there. Alas, couldn't do it, only if I wanted to buy them outright. Which I didn't. So that was one thing.

The next I bought Santa's Fireside Feast for Christmas Eve for my family,through my AP about 3 weeks ago, the only time they had this listed for was 3:00 pm, wasn't a great time, but it was the only available. Happened to be on looking at tickets on Sat, noticed they now have a 5:00 pm sitting for the same day. Great that is more what I would want. So I call, on hold for 30 mins, tell the agent what I would like to do. She puts me on hold for about 15 mins, she finally comes back and tells me that I would have to pay another $50 to change to this time. I ask why, because it was on sale til the end of Sept and now it is not. They couldn't transfer the discount. Which really isn't a big deal, but for a matter of 2 hours on the same day, and there was lots of availability she said. Why would I pay $50 more?

This is all part in parcel with Discovery Cove for us at $69 with the pass that is no longer available. I just feel it has run it's course. Of course I still love the park, just don't feel like they want my business. If I could have added the platinum pass onto my already EZ pay plan, they would have had me for at least another year, because it is a new contract. I asked if when I got to the park could I do this, the EZ pay, and nope can't do that either. Have to buy them outright. I am sure as FL residents they may go to the park more often, but probably a single vacation of visiting more then once to each park, I drop more money in the parks itself.
This is what has helped me make my vacation far more affordable. We did at one time have 4 EZ pay passports. I let 2 go after the discounts for DC were gone. Now I will let the other 2 go. Don't let my grumbles dissuade you though. LOL
__________________


ME DH DD (12): DD We love good times!
2012 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 13 days
2011 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 12 days
2010 Cypress Pointe Resort 12 days
2009 Bonnett Creek 8 days
2008 Solano Resort 8 days
greenclan67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:14 AM   #11
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran
 
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Canada, Eh!
Posts: 6,239

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenclan67 View Post
Hey Gina,
I just used to find they would bend over backwards to help and keep your business. We have two AP's both bought 3 years ago on EZ payment plan. So we already have an EZ pay plan comes out of our account every month. So I phone SW to see if I can take the two I have make them Platinum Passes and buy 2 more. Can't do either. Now I will give the people on the phone credit, she tried everything she could to do it. She couldn't over ride the system. I didn't even want them shipped. I could have picked them up there. Alas, couldn't do it, only if I wanted to buy them outright. Which I didn't. So that was one thing.

The next I bought Santa's Fireside Feast for Christmas Eve for my family,through my AP about 3 weeks ago, the only time they had this listed for was 3:00 pm, wasn't a great time, but it was the only available. Happened to be on looking at tickets on Sat, noticed they now have a 5:00 pm sitting for the same day. Great that is more what I would want. So I call, on hold for 30 mins, tell the agent what I would like to do. She puts me on hold for about 15 mins, she finally comes back and tells me that I would have to pay another $50 to change to this time. I ask why, because it was on sale til the end of Sept and now it is not. They couldn't transfer the discount. Which really isn't a big deal, but for a matter of 2 hours on the same day, and there was lots of availability she said. Why would I pay $50 more?

This is all part in parcel with Discovery Cove for us at $69 with the pass that is no longer available. I just feel it has run it's course. Of course I still love the park, just don't feel like they want my business. If I could have added the platinum pass onto my already EZ pay plan, they would have had me for at least another year, because it is a new contract. I asked if when I got to the park could I do this, the EZ pay, and nope can't do that either. Have to buy them outright. I am sure as FL residents they may go to the park more often, but probably a single vacation of visiting more then once to each park, I drop more money in the parks itself.
This is what has helped me make my vacation far more affordable. We did at one time have 4 EZ pay passports. I let 2 go after the discounts for DC were gone. Now I will let the other 2 go. Don't let my grumbles dissuade you though. LOL
Thanks for the input . I really appreciate the feedback on other's experiences, positive or negative. Its all helpful in the grand scheme.

I have been dealing with a whole mess of "what to do, what to do" for our August getaway. So many good options. Super Grover passes purchased at a discount on Black Friday. SW vacation package (tickets + dining, and just not use the hotel). Annual passes. Discovery Cove admission (which would give us our SW and AQ days at no additional charge). Muddying the waters is that DS is planning on bringing a friend (at OUR expense, of course!! lol) so I'm out of pocket for an extra person all along the way.

Sorry to hear that SW's customer service let you down. I would be frustrated too. So far (touch wood!) I have had nothing but rave reviews for how they have resolved any issues we have had. Hopefully, the continues!!
__________________
Gina and her two guys ...conquering awesome Orlando, one offsite attraction at a time!

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! PTR in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:52 AM   #12
Lynne G
DIS Veteran
 
Lynne G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,323

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenclan67 View Post
Hey Gina,
The next I bought Santa's Fireside Feast for Christmas Eve for my family,through my AP about 3 weeks ago, the only time they had this listed for was 3:00 pm, wasn't a great time, but it was the only available. Happened to be on looking at tickets on Sat, noticed they now have a 5:00 pm sitting for the same day. Great that is more what I would want. So I call, on hold for 30 mins, tell the agent what I would like to do. She puts me on hold for about 15 mins, she finally comes back and tells me that I would have to pay another $50 to change to this time. I ask why, because it was on sale til the end of Sept and now it is not. They couldn't transfer the discount. Which really isn't a big deal, but for a matter of 2 hours on the same day, and there was lots of availability she said. Why would I pay $50 more?
UGH! That makes me mad too. I also bought the 3pm meal, as that was the only one I saw also. I would like the 5pm, but no way at any extra cost. Sneaky of them, get all the APs to buy the earlier time, although at a discount, and then get all the others at the full price for the better timed meal.

Me too, I am done with SW parks for awhile. This year was the first time I had Super Grover Passes. While we did Sesame Place 3 times, Sea World San Diego one time, and will be using the passes for Aquadica, SW, DC, and BGT at the time you'll also be in Orlando, I don't want to do that again next year. We plan to do WDW and USO this summer, so no need to do any other park. Plus, once a year visit for us is enough. Usually, we either do the SW parks and USO or USO and WDW. Too expensive to do anything else. Even with a Fun Card.
Lynne G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:04 PM   #13
greenclan67
Callie35
 
greenclan67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Manitoulin Island, Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,477

I am glad I am not the only one. I have been a faithful advocate of SW parks. Love them. But I just find things have changed and not for the better. I have passed my love of their parks, deals and prices to many. I had a group of 27 people last year that went to DC because of my recommendation. I still love them. Just going to move forward and see what else I can find. I was really pertubed with the my AP's on EZ pay. If you already have them shouldnt you be able to upgrade them? Then the Feast just added to my frustrations.
__________________


ME DH DD (12): DD We love good times!
2012 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 13 days
2011 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 12 days
2010 Cypress Pointe Resort 12 days
2009 Bonnett Creek 8 days
2008 Solano Resort 8 days
greenclan67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: