DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2013, 07:38 PM   #31
Confused Newbie
Earning My Ears

Please forgive me.....I am new to all this and I'm getting a huge headache trying to uderstand all that I need to know. I have been looking at this timeshare site for two weeks now and I want to put an offer on BCV, my question is....is there a formula to calculate how much under the asking price you should make your offer at?

.this is the first time I have ever done anything like this so if I am not in the right place....I do apologize.

A Confused Newbie
Confused Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:37 PM   #32
Nabas
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confused Newbie View Post
Please forgive me.....I am new to all this and I'm getting a huge headache trying to uderstand all that I need to know. I have been looking at this timeshare site for two weeks now and I want to put an offer on BCV, my question is....is there a formula to calculate how much under the asking price you should make your offer at?

.this is the first time I have ever done anything like this so if I am not in the right place....I do apologize.

A Confused Newbie
BCV is not a good buy right now. They were selling for the low-to-mid $70's 6 months ago. Now asking prices are over $100/point with direct (from Disney) prices at $130/point. Taking in to account closing costs, it's not much of a savings, especially on small contracts which sell for a premium.

It might be best if you read through this thread to get an idea of what people are offering:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3138652

Again, when it comes to BCV, I wouldn't be in a rush to buy at this time. Considering the price and the fact that those contracts expire in 2042, it's arguably the worst priced DVC resale out there.
Nabas is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2013, 08:39 PM   #33
NoleFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confused Newbie View Post

A Confused Newbie
Check the ROFR Thread under purchasing DVC. This will give you a sample of some pricing. Asking prices on average for BCV are high right now compared to earlier in the year. Who knows where the market will go but just something to take into account.
NoleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:52 PM   #34
clutter
Princess's Mom
The TF is sorry that you were overlooked, we've been really busy lately! :)

Remember, the ROFR thread is only a list of what DIS people are paying.

FTR, I was one of the BCV contracts that listed at $117 (loaded) In September just before everyone and their mother started listing their BCV points. Got two offers, and closed at $112. No loan to pay off. I knew I wouldn't be using the points much over the next few years, so I had a choice of selling at a high price, or holding and renting. (I still have a few AKV points.) If I'd gotten a lower offer, I would simply have held on and rented going forward.
clutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 05:58 AM   #35
Pirate Granny
DIS Veteran

I don't remember seeing $70. We bought early 2012 and paid $80 and $85. Lower than what it is now, but not $70.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:34 AM   #36
Nabas
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Granny View Post
I don't remember seeing $70. We bought early 2012 and paid $80 and $85. Lower than what it is now, but not $70.
Per the Orange County Comptroller website, there were 15 BCV resales recorded in April (reflecting market activity from about 2 months before). Median closing price was $73/point.

Prices have climbed steadily since then, now over $90/point.
Nabas is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: