Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2013, 10:42 AM   #1
jessw0213
Earning My Ears

Magic Bands for Annual passholders?

Does anyone know when the magic bands & fastpass+ options be available to passholders that aren't staying on site?
jessw0213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:28 AM   #2
Alice Royal
Eighteen, female, Florida resident, Disney addict. ^^

The speculation is that they will be available when the entire program rolls out in January or so. However, snags in the testing may lead to an extension of that period. We're waiting patiently at this point, but if you're really interested I know a few other AP holders who have booked a one-night stay at a resort just to get in on the testing.

THE FAMILY
Me (18) DBF (18)
AP Holders and Proud Florida Residents since 2013!

THE FAM BACK HOME IN NH

DMom DDad DB (13)
Alice Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-27-2013, 11:55 AM   #3
jessw0213
Earning My Ears

Thanks! So if you book for one night, you still get in on the testing for your full vacation?
Old 10-27-2013, 12:05 PM   #4
Mouse14
Wish I was at the Lodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessw0213 View Post
Thanks! So if you book for one night, you still get in on the testing for your full vacation?
Yes we are staying this Friday only, for MNSSHP and we got our bands earlier this month and have been able to use them a couple times already

Dates i can remember....
Annual pass holder in Feb 2010

Wilderness lodge- (Feb 4,5,6 2010)(Feb 4,5,6 2011)
Caribbean Beach - (Mar 2010)
Saratoga Springs- (July 2010)
Coronado- (Aug2010)
Offsite for Not so scary Halloween party (Oct 2010)
Allstar Movies for Very Merry Christmas party (Dec2010)

POP for Vey Merry (Dec 2011)
Aulani for honeymoon (Feb 4-11 2012)
Mouse14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:30 PM   #5
jessw0213
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse14
Yes we are staying this Friday only, for MNSSHP and we got our bands earlier this month and have been able to use them a couple times already
What about the fastpass+ options? I called & they said they would only be available for the night we stay in the resort.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:44 PM   #6
jessw0213
Earning My Ears

Nm! I reserved one night on the first night of my vacation and it allowed me to reserve fast passes for up to 2 weeks after! Thanks so much for the advice!
Old 10-27-2013, 06:30 PM   #7
mikek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessw0213 View Post
What about the fastpass+ options? I called & they said they would only be available for the night we stay in the resort.
for some folks it does some weird stuff.

Sometimes (no idea what the pattern is)- at first it ONLy allows the days of the stay. Then after the stay it does whatever.

Other folks have gotten it to work whenever.

I have a 5 night and following 7 night stay (so 13 days) in december. It wouldn't let me book any fast passes until I was 60 days off the first ressie. Then it gave me the first 10 days easily. it was balky for days 11,12,13 but i could do it. It wont let me book before or after my stay currently.

Others have had no such issue.

Some have gotten jammed at 8 or 9 days of stay and then locked out.

(there's some possibility that having two reservations triggers some oddness but i can't find a pattern with the few that have posted.)

so who knows....
mikek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:02 PM   #8
Alice Royal
Eighteen, female, Florida resident, Disney addict. ^^

My main concern is that even after the full rollout, FP+ will only be available for resort guests. I call BS so much on that idea. I spend enough money on my APs and other things in the parks...without FP I don't know if it will be worth it anymore.

THE FAMILY
Me (18) DBF (18)
AP Holders and Proud Florida Residents since 2013!

THE FAM BACK HOME IN NH

DMom DDad DB (13)
Alice Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:00 AM   #9
Miked0292
Mouseketeer

Well here is a twist for everyone, we currently have a Cast discounted room , with no park tickets but yet we are getting magic bands for our dec trip, and within the next week or so we are renewing our AP, so i am a little dumb founded by the fact that i can not just *** the annual pass right to magic band

06/09,06/10,12/10,4/11,12/11,2/12,10/12,12/12,2/13 Beach Club 10/13 Carribean Beach
Miked0292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:56 PM   #10
Vidia2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice Royal View Post
My main concern is that even after the full rollout, FP+ will only be available for resort guests. I call BS so much on that idea. I spend enough money on my APs and other things in the parks...without FP I don't know if it will be worth it anymore.
Part of the equation that some people are missing is that Disney wants to make the Fastpass lines shorter; otherwise, it doesn't work as an incentive.

Once this system rolls out in DLR, Disney will be much better off with less AP holders. This is all for more profit for them after all.

To see the endgame more people should be looking at what this means at the other park. They're working to make all systems the same between the two and AP holders are a huge problem there.
Old 10-28-2013, 03:57 PM   #11
snausman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miked0292 View Post
Well here is a twist for everyone, we currently have a Cast discounted room , with no park tickets but yet we are getting magic bands for our dec trip, and within the next week or so we are renewing our AP, so i am a little dumb founded by the fact that i can not just *** the annual pass right to magic band

Yes you can link your AP to your MB. It is very easy to do. I have done this on 3 different trips and have had no problems. Just go to MDE, select Link Existing Reservations and Tickets, now select tickets, add your AP numbers. You can than manage your MB with your AP on the link Manage your Magic Bands. Hope this helps.

Laura
***Aug. 29 - Sept. 2, 2014 Port Orleans French Quarters***Sept. 12 - 21, 2014 Contemporary Club Level***Oct. 23 - 29, 2014 BoardWalk Inn Club Level***Dec. 10 - 15, 2014 BoardWalk Inn Club Level***Jan. 15 - 19th 2015 Disneyland Hotel Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend***Feb. 18 - 24th 2015 Contemporary Resort Princess Half Marathon Weekend***

All the Wonderful Places we have stayed
***Grand Floridian***Polynesian***Contemporary***BoardWalk Inn***Yacht Club***Beach Club***Wilderness Lodge***Disney Inn (now Shades of Green)***Port Orleans French Qtr.***Port Orleans Riverside***Dolphin***Swan***Pop Century***
snausman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:30 PM   #12
OurBigTrip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidia2 View Post
Part of the equation that some people are missing is that Disney wants to make the Fastpass lines shorter; otherwise, it doesn't work as an incentive.

Once this system rolls out in DLR, Disney will be much better off with less AP holders. This is all for more profit for them after all.

To see the endgame more people should be looking at what this means at the other park. They're working to make all systems the same between the two and AP holders are a huge problem there.
You can also see this pattern in fewer or less generous AP discounts for resort rooms.
OurBigTrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:23 PM   #13
mikek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidia2 View Post

it's been repeatedly said (albeit by cast members) that the next phase of testing will be AP's. Currently AP's can book resort stays fine so there is nothing to test there. They need to test SOMETHING different. So there will be something different that they offer AP's.

they've said AP's will get MB's. there's no reason to do that- RFID AP cards work fine- so they're already tossing someting to AP's

And they've said they value their AP holders as some of their most loyal guests. They're not going to completely dump on those people.

relax- it's no grand conspiracy.

if they wanted less AP's they could easily just raise the prices and already chased them away years ago.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:24 PM   #14
mikek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurBigTrip View Post
You can also see this pattern in fewer or less generous AP discounts for resort rooms.
they give room discounts to fill rooms. Not just to be nice to AP's. If the rooms are filled then they don't need to give so many discounts to fill the rooms.

they've been having record numbers of guests in their resorts. Less need to discount in general.
Old 11-02-2013, 02:22 PM   #15
Mickeyvx
Earning My Ears

Magic Bands

We are AP holders and live in Florida, we booked a couple of nights at the Pop Century a few weeks ago at that time we were given the magic bands along with Fast Pass +, we have since then stayed a night here and there and our bands are still activated. We are leaving to spend a night a the Pop on Monday, we will be able to get fast passes for Monday tomorrow, we were also able to get a fast pass to Be Our Quest restaurant (lunch) on our initial visit.
Mickeyvx is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: