Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-23-2013, 04:49 PM   #1
CT Disney
Mouseketeer
 
CT Disney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 301

BWI Rooms

Hi! Can someone please tell me when the BWI rooms were last refurbished? If it's been a while, anyone know if there are any refurbishment plans in the works?

Thinking of doing a BWI Deluxe room next summer.

Thanks!!!
__________________
1993 Hotel Royal Plaza, 1994 DXL, 1996 OKW, 1998 Dolphin, 1999 OKW, 2002 HHI, 2005 POFQ, 2005 Vero Beach, 2006 WL, 2008 POR,
2010 YC CL, 2012 POR, 2013 YC CL, 2013 Poly CL, 2014 WL

CT Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:25 PM   #2
kapoof
DIS Veteran
 
kapoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Near Chicago
Posts: 2,889

We were there last month and had a new room bwi is a pretty resort, you will love it!
__________________


me dh ds

2006 wilderness lodge 2007 beach club
2008 dolphin
2010 downtown disney hilton/ poly cl :
2011 akl . 2013 bwi and dream cruise

there are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, the other is getting it...oscar wilde
kapoof is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-24-2013, 09:51 AM   #3
nascargirl
DIS Veteran
 
nascargirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Posts: 528

I believe about 4-5 yrs ago maybe less.
__________________
nascargirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:42 PM   #4
CT Disney
Mouseketeer
 
CT Disney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 301

Thank you!! As long as the rooms are in good shape and seem fresh and clean I will be happy!!
__________________
1993 Hotel Royal Plaza, 1994 DXL, 1996 OKW, 1998 Dolphin, 1999 OKW, 2002 HHI, 2005 POFQ, 2005 Vero Beach, 2006 WL, 2008 POR,
2010 YC CL, 2012 POR, 2013 YC CL, 2013 Poly CL, 2014 WL

CT Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:45 PM   #5
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Disney View Post
Hi! Can someone please tell me when the BWI rooms were last refurbished? If it's been a while, anyone know if there are any refurbishment plans in the works?

Thinking of doing a BWI Deluxe room next summer.

Thanks!!!
All BWI rooms were last rehabbed in 2009. Permits were filed this month for another BWI room rehab that will be completed NLT 9/14. A start date was not indicated.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:58 PM   #6
CT Disney
Mouseketeer
 
CT Disney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 301

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
All BWI rooms were last rehabbed in 2009. Permits were filed this month for another BWI room rehab that will be completed NLT 9/14. A start date was not indicated.
Very interesting...

We are looking to stay sometime in August 2014 in one of the Deluxe rooms. I wonder if those will be some of the first rooms rehabbed? From what I recall from previous experiences, it seems like Disney often starts refurbishments with the club level rooms. A brand new room sure would be nice!
__________________
1993 Hotel Royal Plaza, 1994 DXL, 1996 OKW, 1998 Dolphin, 1999 OKW, 2002 HHI, 2005 POFQ, 2005 Vero Beach, 2006 WL, 2008 POR,
2010 YC CL, 2012 POR, 2013 YC CL, 2013 Poly CL, 2014 WL

CT Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 03:01 PM   #7
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Disney View Post
Very interesting...

We are looking to stay sometime in August 2014 in one of the Deluxe rooms. I wonder if those will be some of the first rooms rehabbed? From what I recall from previous experiences, it seems like Disney often starts refurbishments with the club level rooms. A brand new room sure would be nice!
In the case of last years' WL rehab, the rehab started on the top floor which is the CL floor and worked its way down. In the case of BWI CL, their CL is on the 4th floor and the top floor is the 5th. I would bet that all or nearly all of the rooms will be completed by your trip timeframe since the permit indicates a September completion. Five of the Deluxe rooms are on the 4th floor and five are on the 3rd.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 03:23 PM   #8
CT Disney
Mouseketeer
 
CT Disney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 301

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
In the case of last years' WL rehab, the rehab started on the top floor which is the CL floor and worked its way down. In the case of BWI CL, their CL is on the 4th floor and the top floor is the 5th. I would bet that all or nearly all of the rooms will be completed by your trip timeframe since the permit indicates a September completion. Five of the Deluxe rooms are on the 4th floor and five are on the 3rd.
Thank you! I am going to cross my fingers that your prediction is correct!

My DH did end up making our reservation this afternoon for the first week of August

I know that the 3rd floor Deluxe rooms have the larger balconies, but the 4th floor ones are closer to the lounge. Which do you recommend?
__________________
1993 Hotel Royal Plaza, 1994 DXL, 1996 OKW, 1998 Dolphin, 1999 OKW, 2002 HHI, 2005 POFQ, 2005 Vero Beach, 2006 WL, 2008 POR,
2010 YC CL, 2012 POR, 2013 YC CL, 2013 Poly CL, 2014 WL

CT Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 04:05 PM   #9
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Disney View Post
Thank you! I am going to cross my fingers that your prediction is correct!

My DH did end up making our reservation this afternoon for the first week of August

I know that the 3rd floor Deluxe rooms have the larger balconies, but the 4th floor ones are closer to the lounge. Which do you recommend?
We prefer to be on the same floor as the lounge. We find it more convenient and the larger balcony is not as important to us. Congratulations on booking and hope to see you on the BWI thread sometime
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:58 PM   #10
lbv7
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 183

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
In the case of last years' WL rehab, the rehab started on the top floor which is the CL floor and worked its way down. In the case of BWI CL, their CL is on the 4th floor and the top floor is the 5th. I would bet that all or nearly all of the rooms will be completed by your trip timeframe since the permit indicates a September completion. Five of the Deluxe rooms are on the 4th floor and five are on the 3rd.
The BWI CL lounge is closed in May 2014 for at least 3 weeks due to renovations. That is why you cannot book a CL room during that time. It seems obvious then that the CL rooms will get the rehab at the same time so the poster with the concern with the Deluxe Room being ready should have no worries. Of course there are 5 Deluxe Rooms on the 3rd floor, but I assume they will be redone at the same time as those on the 4th floor. WDW is not going to book someone a Deluxe CL room in May on the 3rd floor with no access to the lounge.
lbv7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.