Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2013, 12:22 PM   #1
Tony Bush
Mouseketeer

Virgin Holidays and MDE

Has anyone had any updates on linking reservations and park tickets that have been booked as a package with Virgin ? How far out did you manage to link them ?
WE have over 300 days to go but DD has about 220 days to go. I'm sure I've read that tickets especially have been difficult to add as the details were not available. If you've managed it who did you call ? Disney or Virgin ?

Tony

Tony Bush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:35 PM   #2
sammie1884
Mouseketeer

I called virgin at 120 days out and got our Disney reservation number. Then called at 60 days to get our ticket number. We had lots of problems getting them both to link to MDE. The resort reservation linked first then I had to call the Disney Fix it Felix team 3 times before tickets were showing at around 30 days to go
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2013, 12:36 PM   #3
Tony Bush
Mouseketeer

Thanks Sammie,

Anyone else had problems or managed it further out than 120 / 60 days ?

Tony Bush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 03:36 PM   #4
Spencerfamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammie1884 View Post
I called virgin at 120 days out and got our Disney reservation number. Then called at 60 days to get our ticket number. We had lots of problems getting them both to link to MDE. The resort reservation linked first then I had to call the Disney Fix it Felix team 3 times before tickets were showing at around 30 days to go
Hmm, is there any chance that you could give me the number that you called for Virgin and Disney? I have contacted Virgin twice, once by phone and once by email. Both times they said that they couldn't give me my ticket numbers. I spoke to Disney who said that I needed my ticket numbers

I am at 60 days out today and have done online check in on MDE with the hope that this would pull my tickets through but it hasn't worked. MDE is taunting me telling me to make my FP+ choices and then saying 'Ha ha- you don't have tickets!' I DO I DO I DO!!! Just Virgin has them!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!
Spencerfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:22 PM   #5
tinks_1989
need a like button

I had no problem linking our reservation. I just contacted them on Facebook. My tickets are showing in the booking but they aren't yet linked to magic bands fast pass + I don't want to start pestering virgin till at least 60 days as that's when disney allow you to start doing your bookings and they are still in the testing phase.
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:30 PM   #6
Spencerfamily
Mouseketeer

I will try contacting them through Facebook. I have my magic bands all customised, just no tickets showing even though resort reservation says it is a package- v confusing.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:33 PM   #7
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencerfamily View Post
I will try contacting them through Facebook. I have my magic bands all customised, just no tickets showing even though resort reservation says it is a package- v confusing.
It's so frustrating isn't it?

Mine say they are there and I know I have bought them as you have to have free dining but when I go to do anything it says link tickets
Old 10-23-2013, 04:39 PM   #8
Spencerfamily
Mouseketeer

Same as mine Tinks. Very, very frustrating!! I was holding out hope that when I did online check in it would pull the tickets through but it hasn't. So annoying when fast passes are the last thing to do! Mind you, mustn't complain as do have dining adrs all sorted, magic bands customised and will be spending christmas and new year in our absolutely favourite place for the first time ever!

However, I will persist with this and will post back if I have any luck to hopefully help done others as their trips approach!!
Old 10-23-2013, 04:42 PM   #9
pickers1982
Mouseketeer

I just called disney who said I needed to phone virgin. Two attempts but now virgin say my tickets should be linked tomorrow for trip in Feb

Anyone know when I might be able to do fast pass+/magic bands
pickers1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:58 PM   #10
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickers1982 View Post
I just called disney who said I needed to phone virgin. Two attempts but now virgin say my tickets should be linked tomorrow for trip in Feb Anyone know when I might be able to do fast pass+/magic bands
60 days till your arrival date x
Old 10-24-2013, 12:00 AM   #11
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Same as mine Tinks. Very, very frustrating!! I was holding out hope that when I did online check in it would pull the tickets through but it hasn't. So annoying when fast passes are the last thing to do! Mind you, mustn't complain as do have dining adrs all sorted, magic bands customised and will be spending christmas and new year in our absolutely favourite place for the first time ever! However, I will persist with this and will post back if I have any luck to hopefully help done others as their trips approach!!
Sounds very nice. Going in high season you definitely want to have your fast passes sorted x
Old 10-24-2013, 04:03 AM   #12
Craigrad21
Earning My Ears

I go on Thursday (Halloween) and have had no joy getting Park ticket numbers to link to mde (tried every number, every helpline, fb, twitter, everything). Therefore I won't get to do any fp+ til I get there.
The main problem seems to be that you don't get any tickets allocated to your package until the very last minute through virgin and therefore there's nothing to link!
My mde is showing that I Will be able to make fp+ reservations from 31st as at check in my tickets will be linked.

I've got magic bands personalised, adrs all sorted and can't wait to get there! Would have been good to do some fp+ before I go so I don't spend 1st night stuck to my phone! Especially with the unseasonally high crowds being reported... But once I'm there I'm sure over the 1st day or two I can get all fp+ booked in :-)
Craigrad21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:01 AM   #13
sammie1884
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hmm, is there any chance that you could give me the number that you called for Virgin and Disney? I have contacted Virgin twice, once by phone and once by email. Both times they said that they couldn't give me my ticket numbers. I spoke to Disney who said that I needed my ticket numbers I am at 60 days out today and have done online check in on MDE with the hope that this would pull my tickets through but it hasn't worked. MDE is taunting me telling me to make my FP+ choices and then saying 'Ha ha- you don't have tickets!' I DO I DO I DO!!! Just Virgin has them!! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!
I just called the number on the website for Virgin but when I came to get the ticket number I emailed the Virgin TA that I booked it with direct. He has been very helpful. The Disney Number is an 0800 one that I found on here, hold on and I will find it....
Old 10-24-2013, 05:04 AM   #14
sammie1884
Mouseketeer

Here is the Disney number 0800 16 90 730 but you will need your numbers from Virgin though. I guess it just depends how helpful the virgin staff is that picks up your call :/
Old 10-24-2013, 08:03 AM   #15
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigrad21 View Post
I go on Thursday (Halloween) and have had no joy getting Park ticket numbers to link to mde (tried every number, every helpline, fb, twitter, everything). Therefore I won't get to do any fp+ til I get there.
The main problem seems to be that you don't get any tickets allocated to your package until the very last minute through virgin and therefore there's nothing to link!
My mde is showing that I Will be able to make fp+ reservations from 31st as at check in my tickets will be linked.

I've got magic bands personalised, adrs all sorted and can't wait to get there! Would have been good to do some fp+ before I go so I don't spend 1st night stuck to my phone! Especially with the unseasonally high crowds being reported... But once I'm there I'm sure over the 1st day or two I can get all fp+ booked in :-)
This is fine that you can do it once you arrive but what annoys me if Virign do this to us as well that I won't get as much choice doing it later on.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: