Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2014, 04:44 PM   #856
themommy
Mouseketeer

Those turned out great...good job!
themommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:22 PM   #857
tinkerbell2528
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlutzyK8 View Post
Where do you find tattoos that are narrow enough to fit the band? Everything I've come across seems too wide.
I found them at party city, Walmart and or target.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Our Family
Me:DH: DD(11) DS:RIP(4) Sparky
WDW 06,07,08,09,10,11,12,13 & 14
tinkerbell2528 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2014, 08:33 PM   #858
FLSarah
Mouseketeer

All of these are fantastic. I love how creative everyone is!
FLSarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:13 PM   #859
CarouselOfLands
Earning My Ears

Wow tinkerbell, those are nice looking. Neat idea on using the temporary tattoos
CarouselOfLands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:17 PM   #860
Mom2Stitch
Mouseketeer

When using the tattoos do you apply a base coat first or just over the top?

I would love to know where you got the Avenger and Darth Vader tattoos.

Everyone is so creative, it makes me want to try it myself...

2001 ASMo, 2002 POR, 2003-2008 Poly, 2009 POFQ, 2010 Poly, 2011 CSR, 2012 CSR,2013 CSR
Mom2Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:08 AM   #861
tinkerbell2528
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Stitch View Post
When using the tattoos do you apply a base coat first or just over the top? I would love to know where you got the Avenger and Darth Vader tattoos. Everyone is so creative, it makes me want to try it myself...
Yes base coat first then apply the tattoo n right after I applied 2 coats of base coat again. Found that top coat cracks after it's fully dry. So far I haven't had any problems with the base coat at all.

The Star Wars tattoos were a bit hard to find for some reason. Found those at party city not an exact fit thought but u will need to place darth vader right in the center n cut off a small portion of both sides.

FYI not all tattoos are exact fit I just cut them to fit how I wanted.

Thank you

Our Family

Last edited by tinkerbell2528; 04-22-2014 at 07:13 AM.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:21 AM   #862
Jacqui
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell2528 View Post
Yes base coat first then apply the tattoo n right after I applied 2 coats of base coat again. Found that top coat cracks after it's fully dry. So far I haven't had any problems with the base coat at all.

The Star Wars tattoos were a bit hard to find for some reason. Found those at party city not an exact fit thought but u will need to place darth vader right in the center n cut off a small portion of both sides.

FYI not all tattoos are exact fit I just cut them to fit how I wanted.

Thank you
I'm thinking of using the tattoos, so I have a couple of questions. I want to be sure that I am doing this correctly.

1. Apply base coat
2. Apply tattoo (do I wait for the bast coat to dry or do you want it to be tacky?? Also, do you just place the tattoo on the band or do you use water, like when you apply to skin?)
3. Apply 2 more coats of base coat.

Thanks so much!!!

DH DS DD
Jacqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:24 AM   #863
Jacqui
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by feistygalkmc View Post
The strips of the bling was self stick. I used the e6000 (I think that is what it is called? ) for the stones around the mickey head chip. I had planned to use the glue as additional adhesive when I laid down the bling strips but after I saw how well it stuck to the bands and knowing I was going to be putting basecoats over it I didn't feel like it was needed. and Thanks! we had lots of fun decorating them. It was a lot of work, but they are awesome and we love them! I actually wish I would have made mine like my DD or another design I thought of this morning. Oh well, I am still satisfied with all of them.
Thank you!!

DH DS DD
Old 04-22-2014, 09:12 AM   #864
tinkerbell2528
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqui View Post
I'm thinking of using the tattoos, so I have a couple of questions. I want to be sure that I am doing this correctly. 1. Apply base coat 2. Apply tattoo (do I wait for the bast coat to dry or do you want it to be tacky?? Also, do you just place the tattoo on the band or do you use water, like when you apply to skin?) 3. Apply 2 more coats of base coat. Thanks so much!!!
Yes you apply tattoos the same way you would on skin. Just make sure base coat is fully dry before u apply the tattoos. Remember water n wet nail polish don't mix well so also make sure after applying tattoo you wait a few minutes for the water to dry in the band n tattoo before u apply base coat on top.

Welcome

Our Family
Old 04-22-2014, 09:39 AM   #865
Jacqui
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell2528 View Post
Yes you apply tattoos the same way you would on skin. Just make sure base coat is fully dry before u apply the tattoos. Remember water n wet nail polish don't mix well so also make sure after applying tattoo you wait a few minutes for the water to dry in the band n tattoo before u apply base coat on top.

Welcome
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Very much appreciated. We have 7 bands to take care of and I think we will be decorating them in a variety of ways

DH DS DD
Old 04-22-2014, 06:18 PM   #866
Careree22
Earning My Ears

Here is my DBF's magicband I did tonight, hopefully someone out there can recognize it despite my lack of artistic skills ;(

Careree22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:55 PM   #867
Mom2Stitch
Mouseketeer

This is my first attempt at decorating a MB--I'm going in May for my first ever Flower and Garden Festival, so decided to go in that direction Sorry if these are huge, I wasn't sure how to make them smaller.

2001 ASMo, 2002 POR, 2003-2008 Poly, 2009 POFQ, 2010 Poly, 2011 CSR, 2012 CSR,2013 CSR
Old 04-22-2014, 09:05 PM   #868
pixEdust
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Stitch View Post
This is my first attempt at decorating a MB--I'm going in May for my first ever Flower and Garden Festival, so decided to go in that direction Sorry if these are huge, I wasn't sure how to make them smaller.
So cute! Are you putting a clear nail polish on top? I'm waiting for my bands to come for an oct treehouse stay and I'm excited to decorate them. I was wondering how to seal (for lack of a better word) them so the gems wouldn't pop off easily.
Also, if you put a coating of a polish all over the entire band, will it effect the functionality ?
pixEdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:12 PM   #869
Mom2Stitch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixEdust View Post
So cute! Are you putting a clear nail polish on top? I'm waiting for my bands to come for an oct treehouse stay and I'm excited to decorate them. I was wondering how to seal (for lack of a better word) them so the gems wouldn't pop off easily.
Also, if you put a coating of a polish all over the entire band, will it effect the functionality ?
These stones had adhesive on the back, but I did use base coat to cover them in, it seems pretty sturdy so far. I have been reading this thread since it started and there are some who are using super glue to put the stones on.

I can't speak from personal experience, but as I understand it the bands work just fine with nail polish, stones, covers, tape, etc. If I find out differently on my upcoming stay I will be sure to report back.

Old 04-22-2014, 09:39 PM   #870
CARR1E F1SHER
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE="Careree22;51256567"]Here is my DBF's magicband I did tonight, hopefully someone out there can recognize it despite my lack of artistic skills ;(

Fantastic!
CARR1E F1SHER is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: