Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2014, 12:35 PM   #796
Mcneil516
Earning My Ears

Wink Rockin' in Pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
Posting our last two.

I added red nail polish to the red one I posted above (since the black had smeared a bit), then used a top coat. I now LOVE this one, too! Reminds me of Mr. Incredible now!

My DH decided to do his own green band. He used black Sharpie to outline the Mickey and then chose bright hot pink for the Mickey.

Guess real men do wear pink!

My husband told me while I was customizing our third pair (!) that I never have to 'worry' about him wearing pink. I said why not, I think Pink is sexy on men!
Mcneil516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 01:28 PM   #797
francescaa
☾wanderlust☽

Does anyone have suggestions for cheap nail polish brands/nail pen brands. I really don't want to spend a lot, but I have 3 bands to decorate and I don't want the nail polish to chip.
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2014, 07:58 PM   #798
::danielle::
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by francescaa View Post
Does anyone have suggestions for cheap nail polish brands/nail pen brands. I really don't want to spend a lot, but I have 3 bands to decorate and I don't want the nail polish to chip.
Sally's beauty Supply sells really small bottles if nailpolish for $0.99. At my store they were on the side of the register and on the side of some end caps. I used those for my bands. I didn't use a top or bottom coat. HTH!

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, dreams are forever." ~Walt Disney.

Disneyland 2009 (Candy Cane Inn)

Disney World March 2-11 2012 (POP, WBC, POR split stay)

Disney World Dec 14-21 (BLT)
::danielle:: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 06:16 AM   #799
AngelPirate
Earning My Ears

Quote:
The Dollar Tree has nail supplies. I haven't tested them for chip resistance on the bands, but maybe if you use a decent top/base coat, that won't matter as much. ICE at Walmart is less than 2.00 a bottle and they have a 3in1 clear coat that holds up pretty well.
Old 04-06-2014, 06:20 AM   #800
AngelPirate
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBDiz View Post
Anyone recommend a good strong adhesive? I have some Wall-E jibbitz I want to cannibalize but I don't want them falling off.

Super glue?Gorilla glue? lock tite? Rubber cement?
My MIL is planning to use jewelry glue to put some bling on hers. I haven't seen it yet, but I will let you know if it works. Plumber's glue, the kind that is dishwasher safe, might also be good. That way it could get wet too.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:42 AM   #801
francescaa
☾wanderlust☽

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::danielle:: View Post
Sally's beauty Supply sells really small bottles if nailpolish for $0.99. At my store they were on the side of the register and on the side of some end caps. I used those for my bands. I didn't use a top or bottom coat. HTH!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelPirate View Post
The Dollar Tree has nail supplies. I haven't tested them for chip resistance on the bands, but maybe if you use a decent top/base coat, that won't matter as much. ICE at Walmart is less than 2.00 a bottle and they have a 3in1 clear coat that holds up pretty well.
Thank you so much!!
Old 04-06-2014, 09:04 AM   #802
njpyro
Disney Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by francescaa

Thank you so much!!
I used the $1.97 bottle of ice from walmart and it lasted through my trip and still looks great. I used their silver, clear top coat and glow in the dark.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:34 AM   #803
WAHkoMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeymomnh View Post
i finished the last one. My dd14 likes to challenge me.

here is the complete set!

you rock!!!

WAHkoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 11:06 AM   #804
JillyBean1899
Shiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Run View Post
I'm considering decorating our magic bands for our next trip (didn't get a chance to last trip), and has anyone considered using UV nail polish? The reason I ask is when we were on our trip last time, I had used Dior Nail Glow nail polish, and noticed that my nails glowed under the blacklights on almost every ride we went on. I thought that was a nice alternative to glow in the dark polish, which can get cloudy after several coats.
I'm going to use loose glitter on the Mickey head part, then a polish with a little bit of glitter for the rest of the band, and put the UV polish over that. I'll be going this weekend, I'll let you know how it ends up.

I've gone to find myself. If I get back before I return, please keep me here.
No matter how slowly you're moving, it's better than standing still.
I run. I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, BUT I RUN!
JillyBean1899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 01:36 PM   #805
Mcneil516
Earning My Ears

Smile Pirate Theme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero_FL View Post
I get so excited seeing all the new bands. My daughter already has her Little Mermaid theme design worked out for the most part. I'm wavering on mine and my husband is still thinking, too. My favorite color is purple, so I was bummed they didn't have a purple band. I'm thinking of doing a purple/green Merida, or a Minnie Mouse. I might do Minnie for the baby if I don't do it for mine.

My son's favorite character is Captain Jack Sparrow- and he loves pirates. I'm having a hard time coming up with something other than brown/orange color scheme for that. I don't like that idea, because he's almost 4 and fickle. He likes Jake and the Neverland Pirates, too, but not as much as Captain Jack. His favorite color is green, so for right now I have a green band ordered. We have until May 7th to confirm our colors.
Maybe flesh color nail polish on the Mickey face, with an eye patch and a tiny earring? Someone posted earlier a white Mickey only and I thought it was so simple and yet it was still amazing.
Old 04-06-2014, 02:03 PM   #806
Stefecatzz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Keep an eye out at drug stores for sales. I got one of mine for .99 at Walgreens & bought Wet & Wild top coat for the same price.

I found two at Big Lots for just over $1. I also saw packs of all different colors there too but I can't remember exactly how much they were..around $10 I believe.

Go to discount department stores like Bealls, Ross or TJ Maxx.
Stefecatzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 02:09 PM   #807
Mcneil516
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshinelite View Post
I'm a 30 yo single male let me tell you it was interesting going in and buying nail polish and nail art pens! Lol I hope I did ok.
WOW!! Great Job!!
Old 04-06-2014, 02:28 PM   #808
Mcneil516
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMomNH View Post
I finished the last one. My DD14 likes to challenge me.

Here is the complete set!

You are obviously an artist, with your cakes and these bands! These are Fantastic!!
Old 04-06-2014, 03:18 PM   #809
Mcneil516
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE=Charleneluvsdisney;50702320]
Quote:
Originally Posted by seenellie81 View Post

I used plain old super glue to stick them on. They had adhesive on them to begin with, so I just put a little on it. I hope they stay on!

And as far as my snow comment, I just really get sick of telling people where I am from and hearing about all of the snow, since that is their perception of the city. You and I both know that there is much more going on here than snow!

But, I guess that comment is not true for this year! People are usually surprised when I tell them that Syracuse usually gets more snow than we do! And, I also work for a "chamber" type organization, so it is my mission to spread the good, not the bad!
I'm from the Utica area. I feel your pain and am SO wanting some WDW kind'a weather right now! So Sick of Winter!!
Old 04-07-2014, 07:48 AM   #810
vrajewski10513
Mouseketeer

Buffalo over here. I usually don't complain too much about the snow. I've lived here my whole life so I'm used to it by now. But this year winter just doesn't seem to want to end

October 1989 (KOA Campground)
October 2013 (Pop Century) Honeymoon
September 2014 (Pop Century)
vrajewski10513 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: