Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2014, 11:12 AM   #691
jkramer
Mouseketeer

It's definitely more lime than Kelly green.
1987, 1988, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997-offsite, 2000-Dixie Landings, 2001-CSR, 2004-FW, 2013-Dolphin (April) Honeymoon and DH's FIRST trip 2013-Offsite/ASSp (Dec) Merry Christmas, 2014-POR (Feb) DH's birthday with the In-Laws, 2014-CBR, YC, and ASMu (May) My B-day and SWW.Upcoming:-CR, WL, and ASMu (Nov) My parents' 15th Anniversary
jkramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:12 AM   #692
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Oh rats! Thanks for the response!
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
SRUAlmn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2014, 11:17 AM   #693
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
Does anyone have a real life picture of the green band just plain, not painted or designed yet? I'm thinking of theming mine after our alma mater, but the colors of the college are more kelly green and the band looks very lime in the pictures online, so I'm not sure any stickers or tattoos we add would match well. Thanks!
I know you already got your answer, but there's a picture quoted in post #680.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 01:13 PM   #694
cgattis
DIS Veteran

It's pretty much the color of an actual lime, which, ironically, is more of a Kelly green. It really isn't close to most of my clothes that I consider lime. I think it'll work fine for you.
cgattis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 01:41 PM   #695
kjs1976
Thanks for the magic, Walt!

After looking through each page of this thread yesterday, we hit joann and target and got to decorating! Found pink and silver rhinestone stripes for DD6 on her pink band. So far just Disney quotes in black on my red one. DH was adamant about keeping his yellow one plain???until her saw the perry the plata pus stickers and now we'll be doing his band too!

Sally Hanson unique Shield works awesome as a top coast! Dries fast with gloss and comes off well if you make a mistake.
2X Disney Land
5 B-Days spent in WDW and 1 in DL!
kjs1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 03:49 PM   #696
feistygalkmc
She lacks the indefinable charm of weakness

We still have about 2 1/2 weeks to go before our bands are mailed out but I think I have finally come up with some designs. I really love the look of the tattoos on the bands but I'm afraid I'm going to mess it up lol So for me and DD I am ordering pink bands, for DH I am ordering his blue.
For my band I have a nice sort of metallic/pearl purple(Sinful Colors-Let's Talk) that I am going to use to paint the base color, I have come up with 2 options on the design. I have a heavy multi colored sparkle(Sinful Colors-Pride) that I'm either going to use all over the purple polish or I'm going to only paint the Mickey Head with the sparkle. Either way I have a Lime Green I got at Sallys(Fingerpaints-silkscreen green) that I'm either going to paint the mickey head or outline it with. So I'm sort of going for a Malicifent theme I guess you could say and the lime green for dis boards also.
For DD I am using the purple polish also (Sinful Colors-Let's Talk) and I found a very tiny bottle of a hot pink at Sally's (Sally girl-cool) that I am going to use on the mickey head. I have some little nail rhinestones that are multi colored that I'm going to glue down around the mickey head for her.
For DH we are going with a dark metallic/pearlish blue (Sinful colors-Midnight Blue) for the base with either silver stripes or chevrons (Fingerpaints-chromatic Creation) and either a silver or highlighted Mickey head or possibly bright orange.

We are going with the simple look, I love the hand drawn bands but I am not that creative. I think they will still come out great, when I get them done I will post a pic. I had wanted to do something Jasmine and Esmeralda with mine and DD bands but I just couldn't really come up with anything. I'm going to keep checking back here though, maybe something will spark my imagination!
feistygalkmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 04:20 PM   #697
iheartbuffy
Mouseketeer

Has anyone used regular stickers? I was wondering how they hold up or if they need a top coat of something? I've been following the thread but I can't remember if anyone has used them.
Old 03-16-2014, 05:17 PM   #698
fairydust1278
"The path to your destiny lies within the magic of your heart."

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartbuffy View Post
Has anyone used regular stickers? I was wondering how they hold up or if they need a top coat of something? I've been following the thread but I can't remember if anyone has used them.
I used regular stickers on ours. I put down a clear base coat then the stickers and then the top coat. I posted a pic a few pages back.
Old 03-16-2014, 06:18 PM   #699
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
I know you already got your answer, but there's a picture quoted in post #680.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgattis View Post
It's pretty much the color of an actual lime, which, ironically, is more of a Kelly green. It really isn't close to most of my clothes that I consider lime. I think it'll work fine for you.
Thank you both so much!! That picture in post 680 helped to see it a little bigger than the small square of color on the Disney site. I still think it might be a little too limey, but maybe I could find a good nail polish to darken it up a bit?
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
SRUAlmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:20 PM   #700
Mommy2Corinne
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Does anyone have a real life picture of the green band just plain, not painted or designed yet? I'm thinking of theming mine after our alma mater, but the colors of the college are more kelly green and the band looks very lime in the pictures online, so I'm not sure any stickers or tattoos we add would match well. Thanks!
The band is *very* lime green. Not Kelly green at all.
DD (10)
DD (4)
DS (2)
Mommy2Corinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:23 PM   #701
JMat
Mouseketeer

Excited to share our creations! After pouring over all 47 pages of the thread, saving tips and being inspired and impressed with everyones ideas - we created our own! My husband and I are off on our "babymoon" the first week of April - and my brother and his girlfriend are popping down as well for a long weekend while we're there. So tonight, we all got together and decorated our bands together while talking about our trip! Im *SO* Thankful for everyones ideas and tips, and hope you like our contributions! xo

Old 03-16-2014, 07:44 PM   #702
KaLyn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMat View Post
Excited to share our creations! After pouring over all 47 pages of the thread, saving tips and being inspired and impressed with everyones ideas - we created our own! My husband and I are off on our "babymoon" the first week of April - and my brother and his girlfriend are popping down as well for a long weekend while we're there. So tonight, we all got together and decorated our bands together while talking about our trip! Im *SO* Thankful for everyones ideas and tips, and hope you like our contributions! xo
How did you get the white paint in the groove of the Mickey head outline to look so nice?

Me28 DH30 DD6.5 DD3.5
Past Trips:
April 27-28, 2009: All Star Music Resort - Country Western Area
This was our quick-take-a-Disney-vacation-to-get-a-feel-of-what-it's-like-before-we-have-kids-to-drag-along trip.
Planning in Progress:
May 4-10, 2014: Coronado Springs Resort
This is our the-kids-are-only-little-for-so-long-so-lets-make-this-as-magical-and-as-awesome-as-possible trip.
KaLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:35 PM   #703
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMat View Post

I love how these turned out!!!
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:36 PM   #704
cgattis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you both so much!! That picture in post 680 helped to see it a little bigger than the small square of color on the Disney site. I still think it might be a little too limey, but maybe I could find a good nail polish to darken it up a bit?
I noticed at Walgreens that the Sinful Colors line (I think it was....) has out a whole batch of greens for St. Pats. I'll bet you could find one that you like. There were some solids and some glitters. Good luck! I just ran out of time to decorate ours, so I'm already planning what to do for fall break
cgattis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:38 PM   #705
Stefecatzz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaLyn View Post
How did you get the white paint in the groove of the Mickey head outline to look so nice?
1st of all, I LOVE all of those!

2nd, when I was doing mine, I lightly brushed the polish all around the Mickey head & it fell into the grooves itself. If I got some outside, I used cutips w/nail polish remover to get it off before it dried.
Stefecatzz is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: