Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2013, 10:20 PM   #136
arwood82
DIS Veteran

I cant wait until our next trip so I can decorate ours. I have plenty of time to decide what I am going to do since we are not going until September.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:53 PM   #137
PixiDust04
Mouseketeer

After reading this thread, I decided to decorate my band as well as my sister's band for our trip next week! I'm not as creative as some of you, but I am very happy with how these turned out! (I am still waiting for them to dry completely, but the nail polish doesn't seem to be cracking at all when I put the band on my wrist.)

Mine is the one on the left. I used clear glittery nail polish on my blue band, and purple glittery polish for the Mickey. I used a teal glittery polish on my sister's blue band, and pink glittery polish on her Mickey. I also traced around the Mickeys with a fine-tipped black Sharpie. I did two layers of each color, and put clear top coat over everything.

PixiDust04 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-31-2013, 02:18 PM   #138
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixiDust04 View Post
After reading this thread, I decided to decorate my band as well as my sister's band for our trip next week! I'm not as creative as some of you, but I am very happy with how these turned out! (I am still waiting for them to dry completely, but the nail polish doesn't seem to be cracking at all when I put the band on my wrist.) Mine is the one on the left. I used clear glittery nail polish on my blue band, and purple glittery polish for the Mickey. I used a teal glittery polish on my sister's blue band, and pink glittery polish on her Mickey. I also traced around the Mickeys with a fine-tipped black Sharpie. I did two layers of each color, and put clear top coat over everything.
Looks great!
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 08:54 PM   #139
Kallie724
Mouseketeer

I decorated all 8 of ours for our trip on Thursday. I will take a picture of all 8 later on but this is the one I'm most proud of. It's all fingernail polish and the LSU and the tiger is nail art tatoos.

Kallie724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 09:03 PM   #140
Robbi
DIS Veteran

All of the bracelets are outstanding. I am partial to LSU- geaux Tigers!
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 12:01 PM   #141
Shelley Chiarats
Mouseketeer

I'm not really a LSU fan but the LSU one is amazingly done.
Shelley Chiarats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 12:35 PM   #142
tinkerbell615
DIS Veteran

These are all so cool, but the thought of doing my own actually makes me a nervous wreck. After seeing the LSU band, my DH wants a "Bearcat" band. Don't know if I can pull that one off at all. I think I will have to put my DD on task for that job.

tinkerbell615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:35 PM   #143
aubreytoe
Earning My Ears

Eeek! How cute are these!! Now I am going to have to add another thing to my list; plan out amazing magic bands! You guys are amazing!

Me , DH , DS (9) DD (4)
aubreytoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:52 PM   #144
DopeysMom
Mouseketeer

Wow

These are all Awesome! Thanks for sharing!
Old 01-02-2014, 01:09 AM   #145
sherylvictoria
Earning My Ears

Following
sherylvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 06:52 AM   #146
My3Princez
DIS Veteran

Any ideas on what to do for 11 year old DS blue band and 8 year old DS green band? I'm stumped. Not interested in adding glue-on items, just nailpolish or sharpie design stuff.....
My3Princez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 06:57 AM   #147
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by My3Princez View Post
Any ideas on what to do for 11 year old DS blue band and 8 year old DS green band? I'm stumped. Not interested in adding glue-on items, just nailpolish or sharpie design stuff.....
For DS9, I just did a metallic blue nail polish and then we got him a set if the cool looking Mickey accessories (forget what they were called). I know some reported losing them but we didn't have any trouble at all. For green, we painted DH's with a green glow in the dark nail polish that ended up being pretty cool. In the daytime, it just looked fluorescent and at night, it would glow.
jimandami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 06:59 AM   #148
DopeysMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by My3Princez View Post
Maybe skip the glitter for the boys and just do glow in the dark polish. You could find a few nail stickers with stuff they like and stick them on before you paint over it.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:46 AM   #149
adc
Mouseketeer

Is someone wanted to spend the extra money you could take it to a nail salon where they do nail art.
adc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 06:27 PM   #150
Stefecatzz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallie724 View Post
I decorated all 8 of ours for our trip on Thursday. I will take a picture of all 8 later on but this is the one I'm most proud of. It's all fingernail polish and the LSU and the tiger is nail art tatoos.

This looks amazing! Ill be curious to find out how the nail art tatoos held up after your trip. I wonder if you could use temporary body tattoos & seal them w/a top coat?? I might have to try that when I get mine in the mail (still waiting as an AP holder..but this just made me start to get more excited about them!)
Stefecatzz is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: