Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Yesterday, 07:39 PM   #1
gonoles87
Earning My Ears

Chocolate tour at Nassau!

Has anybody been on the chocolate tour this summer? And if so how much did it cost and what did it include? Thanks so much!!
gonoles87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:26 PM   #2
dcassetta
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonoles87 View Post
Has anybody been on the chocolate tour this summer? And if so how much did it cost and what did it include? Thanks so much!!
I didn't go this summer, but I did go on this tour last fall, and thought it was great. There's a shuttle that picks you up at the port and you drive through town to the Graycliff hotel. You go into the chocolate shop, put on a very lightweight covering garment, and get a tour of the factory. You then go into a room where there are the tables and benches set up, and you have an opportunity to make chocolate bars and dipped chocolate. If I recall correctly we had marshmallows fruit and some different types of nuts to use in addition to the chocolate. Your creations are placed in a nice wooden keepsake box that you get to take with you. The tour guide was Kiki and she was wonderful. We also got to meet Erica the head Chocolatier. The group I was with was very diverse including some elementary age kids and adults of various ages. Everyone appeared to be having a great time. After we were finished making our chocolates we exited through the chocolate shop, and caught the shuttle back to the port. The whole trip was maybe three hours. It would've been easy to stay at the hotel to enjoy lunch and then walk back to the port, if you desired. I thought that there was plenty of time both before and after the tour to stroll around Nassau, and do some shopping if you wanted. I would recommend this tour.

\
I've eaten at 159 out of 247 restaurants at Walt Disney World (64%)
dcassetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:56 PM   #3
karmacats
Mouseketeer

there's a very long thread, with some reviews and i think pricing, here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3088063

hopefully that link will work.

most people give it a thumbs-up. i did it last october and thought it was a lot of fun. i can't remember the price for sure, but i think it was about $55 or $60, and you get to take home a box of chocolates that you make.
Onsite at AKL, YC, Poly, WL, all 4 moderates, All-Star Movies
DCL - Magic (1998), Dream (2013)
Upcoming - DLR Resort 1st time! (Sept 2014); WDW WL (Oct 2014); DCL Dream (Oct 2014)
karmacats is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: