Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2013, 02:26 PM   #1
TorontoJoe
Ready to return to Beach Club!

Trying to plan OCT 2014 BC Villas

Hey DISboarders,

Family reunion time and I need 4 villas. Disney can't reserve them for me yet until the DVC members have their chance to book them. I'm hesitant to rent DVC points because of the difficulty in changing/cancelling the trip compared to booking through Disney.

Does anyone know when the DVC villas are typically made available to the public?

Any help is much appreciated,

thanks

TorontoJoe
TorontoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:32 PM   #2
DiSnEyLvR76
Mouseketeer

DVC members that have their home resort at beach club can book at 11 months so starting Nov 1st for Oct 1st reservations and so on...other dvc members that dont own at beach club can at 7 months. Not sure when Disney opens it up to public but I'm assuming it's after that.

DiSnEyLvR76 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-22-2013, 03:15 PM   #3
I Run Long
DIS Veteran

I booked a cash only reservation at OKW for a 1 bedroom villa. This is how it worked for me: we will be at OKW from 18-27 Aug 2014 and I could make the reservation on 27 Sept 2013. Hope that helps you.

Me DH DS18 DD16

I Run Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 03:27 PM   #4
cmusschoot
DIS Veteran

Difficult

Booking a villa (4 will be very tricky) in the Epcot resort area will be difficult due to Food and Wine going on...

I rented points and booked at the 11 month window to get my studio for this year...last year I tried at 7 months and could not get ANY villa...Boardwalk or Beach Club...

They do have a concierge level suite/room that sleeps 6 that is not a DVC, it might be easier to book that to guarantee a reservation...that might be a good option.

Hope this helps
Old 10-22-2013, 06:25 PM   #5
Siriusblack
Mouseketeer

We just booked a villa at the BC last week for Mid May 2014. If you can't get them all at one resort, you could split up between BC and BW.
Siriusblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:32 PM   #6
DPCummerbund
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Run Long View Post
I booked a cash only reservation at OKW for a 1 bedroom villa. This is how it worked for me: we will be at OKW from 18-27 Aug 2014 and I could make the reservation on 27 Sept 2013. Hope that helps you.
So it looks like people who pay cash also get to book at the 7 month window.

Hmmm.. I wonder why DVC owners have to wait until 7 months? That seems a little unfair.
DPCummerbund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:01 PM   #7
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPCummerbund View Post
So it looks like people who pay cash also get to book at the 7 month window. Hmmm.. I wonder why DVC owners have to wait until 7 months? That seems a little unfair.
DVC owners can book the resort they own at 11 months out. They can book resorts they don't own at 7 months. The advantage goes to that resorts owners.

Looks like the person you quoted booked 11 months out though.

aaarcher86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:21 PM   #8
TorontoJoe
Ready to return to Beach Club!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmusschoot View Post
Booking a villa (4 will be very tricky) in the Epcot resort area will be difficult due to Food and Wine going on...

I rented points and booked at the 11 month window to get my studio for this year...last year I tried at 7 months and could not get ANY villa...Boardwalk or Beach Club...

They do have a concierge level suite/room that sleeps 6 that is not a DVC, it might be easier to book that to guarantee a reservation...that might be a good option.

Hope this helps
Wow - in 2010 and 2011 we were able to get a 1-bedroom villa booking in August for October travel, but perhaps we just lucked out. I agree 4 will be tough. I've checked with David's for renting points and maybe we'll have to go that route and cross fingers that nobody tries to cancel!
TorontoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:21 PM   #9
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoJoe View Post
Wow - in 2010 and 2011 we were able to get a 1-bedroom villa booking in August for October travel, but perhaps we just lucked out. I agree 4 will be tough. I've checked with David's for renting points and maybe we'll have to go that route and cross fingers that nobody tries to cancel!
You are not going to get four villas for October if you don't book it at 11 months out. You lucked out on that August booking for October. BCV is the most popular DVC resort for October. I tried to book it for this October and started looking almost eight months out and it was already booked for my stay (and I only wanted it a few nights). I waitlisted one studio for one night at seven months out and never got it.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 03:14 PM   #10
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

I concur that it's unlikely that you'll be able to get four villas at the BC in October. I think you'd have a better chance at getting four villas over at the BW...it's a larger resort. Still, given that you want that many villas, I'd start checking for reservations anywhere from the 11 to 7 month window. Not daily, but certainly weekly to see when they come open. I also thought CRO got the reservations about 7 months out, but if it really matters, I'd rather send/waste 5 minutes a week checking for a few months than to miss out on the reservation!
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:55 AM   #11
catheren
DIS Veteran

I agree with PP's the BCV are very popular due to there location. And you need 4 villas, too. Also, in October you have the FW, so all the Epcot resorts book fast.

Have you thought of trying a different DVC. OKW villas are HUGE!
catheren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:35 AM   #12
EagleScout
Mouseketeer

One more factor to remember - oct 5 through 9 is gartner symposium -that is an annual it/tech convention at swan/dolphin in oct that occupies thousands of rooms, including all of the epcot resorts (often even with spillover into the mk area deluxes). Presumably that has less of a direct impact on the villas, but may impact overall room availability for those particular days (and the few days before and after)
EagleScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:17 AM   #13
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran

For cash through Disney, you can book DVC at the 11 month mark, not 7...so I could book a villa for next August on October 1st.
ArwenMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 01:19 PM   #14
Lynne M

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPCummerbund View Post
So it looks like people who pay cash also get to book at the 7 month window.

Hmmm.. I wonder why DVC owners have to wait until 7 months? That seems a little unfair.
There are two completely separate room inventories for any DVC resort. There's the very small pool of rooms that Disney owns and can rent out for cash to the general public (< 10%), and the much, much larger pool of room inventory that the members own (all the remaining rooms).

Some rooms can move from the member inventory into the cash inventory when members exchange out to other destinations; this is how DVC gets the money to pay for the members' exchanges. I would not expect this to be a large number of rooms for BCV during F&W; many members bought at BCV just because they want to stay there during F&W.
Lynne M is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: