Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2013, 12:17 PM   #1
ratlenhum
DIS Veteran

AoA room requests?

I went to do online check in and one of the options was to pick a view! Not used to that since at all the other resorts we've stayed in, a room with a view cost more.

We have a Nemo suite booked. The buildings appear to be very central to everything. Any suggestions on room request from people who have stayed there? If we have a pool view will it be really noisy? Are we better off on a higher floor so we don't have to listen to people above us?

AoA is new to us.
ratlenhum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:43 PM   #2
Poohsmommi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratlenhum View Post
I went to do online check in and one of the options was to pick a view! Not used to that since at all the other resorts we've stayed in, a room with a view cost more.

We have a Nemo suite booked. The buildings appear to be very central to everything. Any suggestions on room request from people who have stayed there? If we have a pool view will it be really noisy? Are we better off on a higher floor so we don't have to listen to people above us?

AoA is new to us.
I strongly suggest you request a 4th floor room. Doesn't matter if it's facing the pool - you won't hear noise from there.
Poohsmommi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-22-2013, 04:39 PM   #3
mum2four
Mouseketeer

We stayed in the LK section, so I can't answer your question about pool noise, but we had a lake view and it was very nice. The kids enjoyed seeing Pop Century lit up at night across the lake.

I agree with the PP on requesting a 4th floor room. We were on the 4th floor and didn't hear any noise at all. In fact, we didn't even see any other people on the 4th floor the whole week we were there. We may have been the only people up there LOL!
Old 10-22-2013, 04:59 PM   #4
dreamseeker9
Mouseketeer

We were in Building 5 on the 2nd floor and never heard anyone. It was late November, so not as busy a time for the pool, but we could see part of it and didn't hear it. We loved the building location, close to the pool (which we did use and loved!) and to the main building.

I have more info in the link to my TR below on the resort. Overall, we loved it!
Dec. 3, 2013 - Disneyland
March-April 2014 - WDW - CSR, Sept-Oct 2014 - WDW - POR & YC

dreamseeker9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:36 PM   #5
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

I would request a high floor, facing the lake or not facing the pool. We stayed on the third floor facing the pool and it was REALLY loud!
Marthasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:50 PM   #6
emilyindisney
DIS Veteran

I didn't stay in the Nemo section in January, but I did notice that the pool was busy at all hours of the day. I'd recommend a top floor room with a lake view (or not a pool view) so cut down on noise.

Enjoy!

March 1996 (Swan), March 2008 (CBR), January 2013 (AoA), February 2014 (ASSp/BWV), October 2014 (ASMu)

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" -Walt Disney
emilyindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:40 PM   #7
ratlenhum
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the input!
ratlenhum is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: