Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2013, 11:06 PM   #46
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother Gothel View Post

What does that mean? I am assuming you mean elect. But why would anybody get MBs for the convenience of FP+ and then select a card?
Some ppl don't want to wear a band. They really aren't comfortable (seems to be a wrist shape thing) for all people. Some ppl don't want to give the kids bands they may lose, others just don't want the band. The card is also an option for those ppl.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:23 PM   #47
Aunt Michelle
There is no television in your room

I think it would be great for Disney to know about bus use. The buses could be directed based on real data.... haven't you been there at least once, 30 people waiting at hotel x for a DHS bus while one bus after another arrives to pick up nobody going to DTD, etc.? Or at the end of the evening if they knew that 200 of the 350 people who just left the park are going back to CSR? They could tag a handful of buses to that stop?

Bathrooms could be cleaned after so many guests.... or additional Mousekeepers could be routed to particularly busy restrooms....

My parents say I was an imaginative child. :|

************************************************** ******************************
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked. "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here." ~Lewis Carroll
Aunt Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2013, 10:29 AM   #48
maggiew
If she hates to be wet, then how does the survive bathing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post

But WHY do you think they would put info like CC onto the band? That's just opening themselves up to problems.

And why not just get the card? WHY get the band at all? From the info in the box the bands came in:

"If you prefer, you may alect to use an RF card instead of a MagicBand. The card contains a passive HF radio frequency chip and cannot be detected by the long-range readers. You can learn more about our privacy and data collection policies by visiting MyDisneyExperience.com/privacy."

Instead of getting the bands then blocking them, just use the card.
But that is not the whole quote. It actually says

"The MagicBand uses radio frequency (RF) technology and can be read by short and long-range readers located at the Walt Disney World Resort. If you prefer to use an RF card, which cannot be detected by long-range readers, you can request an RF card at your Disney Resort hotel, and you do not need to customize your MagicBand."

I take that to mean that the cards can still be read by the short-range readers.

Not sure what the difference is, though, in what can be detected.

Maggie
Prince Sakura Hotel TDR * Marriott Residence Inn LBV Dec 2013 * Hotel Cheyenne DLPR May 2013 * Aulani July 2012 * Royal Pacific July 2011 * Pop Century Aug 2010 * Disneyland Oct 2009 * Beach Club July 2009 * AsMo Dec 2007 Mousefest! * Old Key West July 2006 * Pop Century Dec. 2005 Mousefest! * Sheraton Safari July 2005 * Pop Century/Portofino Bay Hotel August 2004 * Coronado Springs Nov 2003 * Dolphin June 2003 * POR Nov/Dec 2002 * AsMu 1999 * AsSp 1997
maggiew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:52 AM   #49
hucifer
The tag that was here was staler than 3 yr old bread crumbs
The Van Halen song "Running with the Devil" was about my parakeet!
Smell anything? It's just my sauerkraut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother Gothel View Post
Has anybody found some affordable RFID blocking bags that are just the right size to hold a magic band or two?

If so, could you please tell me where you found them?
Mother Gothel, to answer your original question, Magellan's is an excellent online source for RFID-blocking wallets and bags:

http://www.magellans.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=rfid
hucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:21 AM   #50
Angel Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother Gothel

What does that mean? I am assuming you mean elect. But why would anybody get MBs for the convenience of FP+ and then select a card?
The RFID cards can still access Fast Pass+

DLR: July '84 (first trip! ), July '86 (family), April '88 (Easter), August 2004 (DCA for the first time!), March 2009, April 2010 (F&W Festival!),
April 2011

WDW: July '87 (first trip to WDW!), April '93 (Easter), April '95 (Contemporary), July 2006 (Honeymoon - GF!), December 2007 (SoG),
March 2013 (SoG, our princess' first trip! ), October 2013 (SoG, F&W festival!), November 2014 (Yacht Club, F&W adults only trip!)
Angel Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: