DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2013, 11:06 AM   #1
DVC Dude
Disney World Rocks!

Three different DVC numbers

To the best of my knowledge I have identified three different DVC membership numbers that are tracked.

Member # is a 12 digit number (123456789012). You can have one membership number with several different contract numbers (as long as they are the same use year) or you can have different membership numbers if you have different contracts with different use years. The advantage of different membership numbers is the ability to transfer points into or out of your accounts to add flexibility with banking and borrowing.

Contract # is a 7 digit number plus a decimal followed by 0-3 numbers (1234567.012). the decimal number increases for each different contract that has the same use year in the same membership number. If you only have one contract number it is generally a .0 and then new contracts will be .001 and so forth

Club ID # is a (1234567.1) is a 7 digit number plus decimal plus one digit. This number is used when you want to link different membership numbers and different contracts under one umbrella for your online access so you can access all your contracts with one log in ID and password.
DVC Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:24 AM   #2
M4travels
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC Dude View Post
Club ID # is a (1234567.1) is a 7 digit number plus decimal plus one digit. This number is used when you want to link different membership numbers and different contracts under one umbrella for your online access so you can access all your contracts with one log in ID and password.
I tried to accomplish this last week (I do have 2 separate member numbers with different use years) and was told 3 different times that they could not do this. I know others (possibly yourself!) have been able to do so, but I ran into walls with technical support. I'm not having a real issue jumping between the two accounts that they set up for me but it would be nice to have it under one umbrella.

Now, I was calling from Mexico and they all said that it was a bad connection - I hear that from my family when I speak with them also - so it's possible they just didn't want to deal with it. Maybe I'll try and get this switched around when we're back up in the states.

Thanks for this info, though!
Michael

33 is my favorite number!
M4travels is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2013, 01:33 PM   #3
DVC Dude
Disney World Rocks!

I never requested this, I just noticed a drop down option for my membership number online and I could choose between the two accounts.

I think they noticed and linked my email account for this option.
DVC Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:07 PM   #4
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4travels View Post
I tried to accomplish this last week (I do have 2 separate member numbers with different use years) and was told 3 different times that they could not do this. I know others (possibly yourself!) have been able to do so, but I ran into walls with technical support. I'm not having a real issue jumping between the two accounts that they set up for me but it would be nice to have it under one umbrella.

Now, I was calling from Mexico and they all said that it was a bad connection - I hear that from my family when I speak with them also - so it's possible they just didn't want to deal with it. Maybe I'll try and get this switched around when we're back up in the states.

Thanks for this info, though!
Michael
I'm not sure you can find a way to get them linked after the fact, if you do let us know. Generally they have to be titled the same and it has to be done up front. Mine are linked and titled differently but that's because I added a person after the fact and after they ere already linked.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: