Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 02:48 PM   #91
meredith1
DIS Veteran

Well said, OP. Well said.

DD 5 yrs twin DD & DS 3 yrs
Old 10-21-2013, 02:50 PM   #92
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal68 View Post
For the people that don't like to plan, that means you show up to the Park for the day, there is ZERO chance of getting a FP for the main attraction because their gone. The Stand By lines for all of these are 90+ minutes so you get to do about 4 or 5 attractions in an entire day because of the waits in Stand By created by FP+.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2013, 02:52 PM   #93
Son of Gadsden
Sometimes you're the hammer, sometimes you're the nail.

Poly- '92, '94,'98, '00, '11, '12,
POR- 10'
AoA- April '13, Dec '13
Pop- '13
CSR- '13
Old 10-21-2013, 02:52 PM   #94
surferdave
Not hero DIS deserves, but the hero DIS needs right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayouMickey View Post
Surferdave, maybe you can answer this.. Everyone is assuming FP- is going away, has this been officially stated?
I haven't seen any official statement on that; then again, I haven't seen many official statements on Fastpass+ and MDE at all.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:52 PM   #95
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArwenMarie View Post
I feel really sorry for the folks who have offsite trips planned in the next few months, with expensive things like flights and rentals, and who don't even have access to FP+ yet. They didn't know all of this when they booked, so they couldn't have planned for it. I think this is the new reality though going forward...same-day availability is just not going to be there, especially for the top rides during the busy weeks.
I wish I owned stock in Universal. Because I think they will be the big winners
Old 10-21-2013, 02:53 PM   #96
Postal68
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post

I think one point that's really being missed here is that you won't be able to book FP+ 6 months in advance and won't need to book ADR's 6 months in advance. The average family will be able to book FP+ and ADR's 30 days out and get everything they want. There will be a huge decrease in the number of ADR's and the need to book places like Le Cellier 6 months in advance. ADR's will most like be available anywhere you like as close as 30 days out.
How do you see that? The new system encourages people to book more things in advance. We rarely get ADR because frankly we don't think most of the places aren't worth it. But occasionally we'll do the Hoop-De-do, Luau, or Chef Mickey's if it's available the day of or day before. With the new system I really doubt that will ever be a possibility unless we happen to call right after someone cancels.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:53 PM   #97
Talking Hands
|,,|/ DEAF DISNEY LOVER
Mom to 2 beautiful young ladies
SIGNS TO OLDIES ON THE RADIO

Since I can never plan my trips until the week prior because I don't receive the schedule for the interpreted shows until then, FP+ was a flop for me. Never could figure how to change times after I received the schedule so I could coordinate the show times with the few rides I am able to do. Not liking the system at all.

Talking Hands
|,,|/ DEAF Disney Lover
Old 10-21-2013, 02:53 PM   #98
meredith1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUfan4444 View Post
AND this is after you've spent a ridiculous amount of money to get there.

DD 5 yrs twin DD & DS 3 yrs
Old 10-21-2013, 02:53 PM   #99
Schmeck
Funny thing is now my 17 year old naps almost every day and so do I!

Quote:
Many people including myself are not happy with this FP + mess. I have been going to WDW almost annually for 30 years or so. Most of those trips have been in the "slower" seasons and I have never once did a rope drop or have I planned what my schedule was for the day. We have always been able to do basically everything we wanted to do, we worked around the crowd and used our FP when they came into effect.

This FP + system is a joke. I don't want to plan on when I'm going to eat and when I'm going to ride this ride or that 3/4/5/6 months out. That's utterly ridiculous. Now you can't even go to the Park and get a FP because they are all gone early in the day because most are taken up by these people getting them in advance. And forget about getting in a stand by line now for the big attractions. And a good part of this is not only because of the crap FP + system but from the people on this board that are scamming the system and double and triple dipping with all these FP's. People complain about the crowds on this board but then they're quick to point out how they got triple the FPs they should have because they used their Magic Band, Their KTTK card and their old room key. Ridiculous.

I agree with Disney charging people who don't show up for Dining Reservations, in fact they should charge them the price of the minimum meal X number of guests the reservation is for. If they catch you in the system with more FPs than the permitted amount, you should have your FP privileges revoked for your entire length of admission.
So silly. The permitted amount is all you can get - you're just assuming the permitted amount is one at a time, and it isn't.

You still don't have to make rope drop, etc. Just be prepared to wait in the stand by queues. They should be shorter since in your reasoning everyone else has FPs.
Aug '05 - BC Aug '04 - PC, AKL
Oct '02 - AKL, POR May '99 - CBR
May '96 - CBR Dec '80 - offsite
Old 10-21-2013, 02:54 PM   #100
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

~LOL. I just read the first post but this really needs to be said, just go somewhere else. Seriously.

~A hypocrite is someone who repeatedly creates a "postal" type thread every single week ranting on a message board about their disdain for Disney and "announcing" to everyone how their "done with Disney." But yet, they continue to return. Ugh.... Just go.....

~People who love Disney World and who express excitement about their vacations are *not* hypocrites -- they're smart people because they're investing their time, money and resources into something that makes them happy and an experience they find value in! We're the winners! Yay!

~The people who continue to visit Disney after they discover the experiences are no longer of value to them are not very smart -- they need to move on. They're the losers. Awww. If I don't like some place, I don't go. Simple. So apologist, that.

~Also, I have never heard of packed parks in October, somewhat busy yes. Disney is busier than ever, which is kind of ironic. With all of the "I'm cancelling my Disney trip" comments for the past couple of years, the parks should be empty! Right?
Old 10-21-2013, 02:54 PM   #101
BayouMickey
Green Grinning Gators Come Out To Socialize

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferdave View Post
I haven't seen any official statement on that; then again, I haven't seen many official statements on Fastpass+ and MDE at all.
Thank you. Just making sure I didn't miss something somewhere
Old 10-21-2013, 02:55 PM   #102
MikeandReneePlus5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The Stand By lines are unbearable when all FPs are gone for the day. For the people that don't like to plan, that means you show up to the Park for the day, there is ZERO chance of getting a FP for the main attraction because their gone. The Stand By lines for all of these are 90+ minutes so you get to do about 4 or 5 attractions in an entire day because of the waits in Stand By created by FP+.

No thanks, riding 5 attractions isn't worth 90 bucks a day X family of 4
Why should SB lines be effected at all if WDW moves from a paper based ride FP system to an electronic based FP system?
Old 10-21-2013, 02:55 PM   #103
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
But the double and triple dipping is skewing the results. Of course they LOVE FP+ because they still can do this. What are they going to think when "you got your three fast passes, yes one of them was lunch, and that's all you get"
Oh, I completely agree. People love the testing, but what they are testing is not what reality will be. Alot of the "love" for FP+ is created from a false reality of the entire system.

Quote:
And this "get to the park early" Have you heard about what's been happening.. Even with "early" on a Wednesday in October the big rides were out at "New Years Day line" levels according to the folks at Touring Plans (who make a living doing nothing but studying lines) Even they seem to be saying "you are going to be screwed even using our touring plans if you don't have a FP+ for the biggies!
Not true, those arriving at rope drop still have access to FP's for the headliners and standby wait times the first hour the park opens is what it was last month.

Touring plans has been grossly inaccurate here pretty frequently lately, which is probably one big reason they are redoing their computer models.

Quote:
I expect some of the "this is great" are going to turn into the whiners they claim some of the rest of us are. "Wait you mean I can't ride Soarin' twice today unless I wait in an hour plus line" Or what do you mean I can only ride two E tickets since I used a fast pass for lunch LOL!
Agreed. Once the system is fully operational, those who have still been double and triple dipping will struggle making the adjustment.

Old 10-21-2013, 02:57 PM   #104
ktlm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post

Have you heard about what's been happening.. Even with "early" on a Wednesday in October the big rides were out at "New Years Day line" levels according to the folks at Touring Plans (who make a living doing nothing but studying lines) Even they seem to be saying "you are going to be screwed even using our touring plans if you don't have a FP+ for the biggies!

I expect some of the "this is great" are going to turn into the whiners they claim some of the rest of us are. "Wait you mean I can't ride Soarin' twice today unless I wait in an hour plus line" Or what do you mean I can only ride two E tickets since I used a fast pass for lunch LOL!
Honestly, while some of this is the FP+, our experience was that the parks as a whole were more crowded than we expected and supposedly than they have historically been this time of year. When we were there, we saw the line at 30 minutes for Small World- that didn't have anything to do with FP+. Someone reported that line for Small World was 45 minutes this week- again nothing to do with FP+. I think the parks have been more crowded than expected the last few weeks. I don't think everything going on now can be blamed on FP+, seems to me a part of it is unexpected and unusual crowd levels.

I agree with you that I HATE that you can't ride your favorites mores than once with FP+. Also 3 is not enough for MK- For example, one day we did the 3:00 parade and the ELP- that left us 1 FP available for rides the entire day. We are the type that since DD historically didn't care for any of the mountains would FP Peter Pan (DD's favorite), and then as soon as our window is up will get another FP for Peter Pan and so on. We never did FP on any of the mountains much (Did Space and Splash this trip- but I'm not sure I will ever get DD on Splash again). Plus, if you have multiple kids with different interests- you are pretty much forced to split up. The little one wants Pooh and Peter Pan- the bigger one wants Space, Spash and BTM- well, then the bigger one does not get to ride Peter Pan and Pooh because they are used up on their FP+. With the old FP- you can usually stagger pulling the paper and get FPs for all of these in a day.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:59 PM   #105
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran

There are some peope who will use FP+ as a tool to miss RDs because they will no longer have to get there so early to avoid longer lines for some of the headliners, but I have been saying for months I believe this will put more value on RDs. The ability to make all my FP+ after lunch, hit the headliners at rope drop and relax with higher capacity rides during the day will make things easier for me, even with only three FP+ recommendations.

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: