Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2014, 08:14 AM   #151
cogero
DIS Veteran

Our April trip has come and gone. It was actually quite lovely.

I have to say I was extremely stressed before hand about how it would be with J in twin casts but it was really great. I need to get the pictures together so I can share some highlights.

Now it is on to Sami's first Birthday in June, My parents 50th Anniversary in June and then our last trip of the year in August.

I am actually going to be ahead in sewing since I didn't finish one of Sami's dresses and have plans to finish it today.

I will be back with more pictures later today.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 06:30 AM   #152
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Just popped by to say:

blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2014, 06:56 PM   #153
cogero
DIS Veteran

Well I had a whole long update but the Dis ate it

Life became insane after our last trip as J was still in double casts and my parents 50th anniversary was coming up and someone was turning one.

Sami eating her cupcake

My parents 50th anniversary

and my weight loss journey to that day including the picture that started it all

and a picture of Sami from last week. I made the dress and we are taking it with us next month

I have a few things to do for our trip including a pillowcase and top for C and possibly a shirt for J. I have to see if Sami needs anything else.

August was supposed to be our last trip until April but we just booked a November trip

I am going to try and be better about posting here. I figure I can check in at least once a day.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Old 07-26-2014, 10:01 PM   #154
OregonMomToWDW
DIS Veteran

Chiara, you look great! Good job.

PTR: 1 Summer, 2 Coasts, 3 Kids...Ready, Set, Go! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51560086
OregonMomToWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 10:54 PM   #155
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Hi stranger! Its great to see you! Loved seeing all the pictures and Samis dress is perfection!

And, of course, you are amazing! And you are so inspiring to me! I wish you all the continued success on your healthy lifestyle!

Looking forward to finally meeting you and your family in wdw!

Congrats on another trip too... Where are you staying for that one?

I've missed seeing you here...

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 07:42 AM   #156
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

Oh my! I don't know which to comment on first...That Sami is getting so big...or that YOU are getting so small! I have to say though, not only are you getting smaller, but you appear to be getting so much younger as well. Those before and after photos really show...you look at least 10 years younger!

So jealous and yet so proud as well!

Nini

Mom to Brianna and Damien
Grandma to Alyssa and Amelia
My four little reasons for Disney

Etsy id: QuiltsbyNini
http://quiltsbynini.blogspot.com/

2012? No Problem...but when?

NiniMorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 08:33 AM   #157
cogero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonMomToWDW View Post
Chiara, you look great! Good job.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Hi stranger! Its great to see you! Loved seeing all the pictures and Samis dress is perfection!

And, of course, you are amazing! And you are so inspiring to me! I wish you all the continued success on your healthy lifestyle!

Looking forward to finally meeting you and your family in wdw!

Congrats on another trip too... Where are you staying for that one?

I've missed seeing you here...

D~
I have actually missed it too. We are going to be staying at the Art of Animation in a Cars Suite. I was outvoted on the Lion King room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniMorris View Post
Oh my! I don't know which to comment on first...That Sami is getting so big...or that YOU are getting so small! I have to say though, not only are you getting smaller, but you appear to be getting so much younger as well. Those before and after photos really show...you look at least 10 years younger!

So jealous and yet so proud as well!

Nini
Thanks Nini. I agree and as long as I don't look like a 40-something I am I will take it

Sami is getting big. I will have a picture of her in her new dress I made last night.

Old 07-27-2014, 08:34 AM   #158
cogero
DIS Veteran

Well I hit send too soon.

Todays projects are to do the appliqué for Cs pillowcase, work on my 2nd launch dress and wash fabric for an order.

Old 07-27-2014, 05:30 PM   #159
cogero
DIS Veteran

Well I have washed the fabric and that is it.

My second launch dress is cut out and the appliqué is done. I decided to go to Joanns and Target after church. I bought some fabric for appliqués and some adorable Disney fabric that I have no plans for but I had seen it and want it.

I figured I would share some sewing I have done, i hadn't sewing in a really long time but in the past 3 weeks the bug has bitten me so I have been sewing again. Makes me happy.

This is a dress I didn't finish for April but it is ready to go for August

and this is a Belle dress that was a trial of a new pattern.

and lastly is a Doc dress that I made for Sami to wear to church Today. She got a big grin on her face when she saw it. Guess I am going to be stalking the Dining reservations to try and get Hollywood and Vine for November it is the only thing we really wanted that we couldn't get.

I also finally ordered 2 new bathing suits from Lands End. Also placed an order for Old Navy for a couple tank tops. Decided I am going to put appliqués on a couple for August.

Old 07-28-2014, 09:10 PM   #160
cogero
DIS Veteran

I have been busy working on 2 launch dresses and I started C's pillowcase. Actually finishing it is going to be tomorrows project.

I can't wait to show you the 2 launch dresses. I really like how they came out.

I am also going to go through the customs this week to figure out who needs what. C is okay except she requested one top.

I think Sami probably has enough but I am not sure about J.

I am busy looking for leg gins for Sami so her eczema doesn't flare from the stroller. If she would walk that would help too kid doesn't want to walk anywhere UGH.

Started doubles this morning. Tomorrow is supposed to be a rest day but I am unsure what I am going to do. I will probably do cardio though my true love is weights.

Old 07-29-2014, 06:45 AM   #161
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

Quick drive by to ask what pattern that Belle dress is...LOVE it...so sweet and looks so simple to do. (as if I had any time to actually sew any more!)

Nini

Mom to Brianna and Damien
Grandma to Alyssa and Amelia
My four little reasons for Disney

Etsy id: QuiltsbyNini
http://quiltsbynini.blogspot.com/

2012? No Problem...but when?

NiniMorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:30 AM   #162
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Love all of Sami's dresses! Very happy to see you sewing again!

Oooh -which suits did you get from LE?

Can't wait to see the launch dresses...

Hoping you are able to snag that ADR...

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:55 AM   #163
cogero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniMorris View Post
Quick drive by to ask what pattern that Belle dress is...LOVE it...so sweet and looks so simple to do. (as if I had any time to actually sew any more!)

Nini
It is the hummingbird dress by Rabbit Rabbit something or other on Etsy. IT is a quick sew. I believe you could use the simply sweet halter top to do it. I saw a tutorial on her blog but I am horrible about going back and looking at the blog to sew I would rather have the pattern there. Oh and the pattern didn't call for the top stitching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Love all of Sami's dresses! Very happy to see you sewing again!

Oooh -which suits did you get from LE?

Can't wait to see the launch dresses...

Hoping you are able to snag that ADR...

D~
i will post when the get here because I don't remember LMAO.

I am happy to be sewing again too.

Today is working on pillowcase day and taking pictures for the launch of dress number 2.

Old 07-31-2014, 09:10 AM   #164
cogero
DIS Veteran

So I am beginning to feel the crunch of the time counting down for August.

I need to check the customs today and see what actually needs to be done.

I am also finishing the autograph pillowcase.

I think Sami may be done but I am not sure yet

I also need to see if C needs anything for School because she heads to Arkansas on Wednesday for a week to visit my Aunt and Uncle. Have I told you how huge this is for me. I am letting her fly alone.

So the launch is over so I can show you what I made.

This Pooh Dress which sold.

and this Ariel Dress. Someone messaged me about so we shall see

now to work on my Anna and Elsa order. I am excited since I am trying a new digitizer on the recommendation of a friend.

Hope you all have a great day. I need to start putting our trip documents together today also.

Old 08-04-2014, 07:55 AM   #165
cogero
DIS Veteran

I do have pictures to post but I am on the wrong computer so that will have to wait.

I am in the midst of packing Miss C up to go to Arkansas on Wednesday to visit my aunt and uncle for a week. I am in panic mode. I have never let her go anywhere like this before. Heck I have problems letting her walk the 2 blocks to church alone and I am letting her fly.

Today she is helping me see what else I need to make for Sami and Jimmy so I will be occupied while she is gone and G is working.

So during my hiatus from the Dis, we had to have Sami evaluated by EI for PT and OT. She has no delays with PT but with OT it was a 25% delay which isn't enough to qualify for services. I will be honest I still don't see it. Maybe because of J but she is so typical it is funny.

Sami will be 14 months tomorrow and we may have a walker soon. She took 2 steps over the weekend from the coffee table to sofa. She is so cautious it is kind of funny. She doesn't want to fall. I have finally progressed to a lot more solids with her too. we are having one huge problem, tranisitioning to a cup. She will not do it. She is hanging on to that bottle for dear life. This is unknown territory for me since J and C were using cups at 9 months. I don't want to cold turkey change but it might come to that soon.

I will say since she is my youngest and last I hadn't been pushing to hard but it is time.

Well time for me to go move the cars since G will be home from work soon.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: