Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2013, 11:32 AM   #1
GrimGrinningGhost25
Mouseketeer

What we like about FP+ and MB

I know there are a lot of bugs being worked through in regards to FP+ and MB. There are also plenty "this is what's wrong" threads...BUT for those who have used the new system, or are going to be using it on a future trip what do you LIKE about it?

I'll start:
Checking I to BC 11/2.

-I like that I know I can get a FP for the big/popular rides without having to be at RD.
-It's helping DH and at to try new things.
-May seem silly but I'm excited to get the little MB decoration/jibbitz things.

"My dearest friend, if you don't mind, I'd like to join you by your side. Where we can gaze into the stars and sit together, now and forever. For it is plain as anyone can see we're simply meant to be" - Jack & Sally

April '90 (offsite), Oct 2006 (AS Sport), Dec 2009 (POR), Sept 2010 (PC), May 2011 (BLT), Feb 2012 (BW), June 2012 (SSR), Jan 2013 - Our Wedding~Simply meant to be~(BWV), Nov 2013 (BC)
GrimGrinningGhost25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:39 AM   #2
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran

As a rope dropper, park hopper and someone who currently isn't very FP dependent, I think we will do quite well with FP+.

Our mornings (at rope drop) we can do whatever we want via standby in a park with low crowds, then if we like, we can set our FP+ up (in that park or another more crowded park) for the evening time with the option to have a great spot for one of the parade or firework shows without having to get there 30 minutes early.

As far as the MBs, I am not looking forward to them at all and fully intend to use a RFID card in all the same manners.
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2013, 11:39 AM   #3
jimim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimGrinningGhost25 View Post
I know there are a lot of bugs being worked through in regards to FP+ and MB. There are also plenty "this is what's wrong" threads...BUT for those who have used the new system, or are going to be using it on a future trip what do you LIKE about it?

I'll start:
Checking I to BC 11/2.

-I like that I know I can get a FP for the big/popular rides without having to be at RD.
-It's helping DH and at to try new things.
-May seem silly but I'm excited to get the little MB decoration/jibbitz things.
ok i'll bite. this thread might go down hill but lets hope it doesn't.

i just used it for 8 nights. first i will say all worked perfect except for my rom door first time but that was cause of another reason that was fixed in one trip downstairs to the front desk. from then on for the week it was flawless except for one fast pass time mixup but once i showed them the app on my phone and the time they let us all through without a question.

i will say i think you got to try it before you knock it. it's not bad. i'm kinda indifferent about the whole thing. i don't love it or hate. i'll just live with it.

what i really liked:
1. charging is just so easy. even though i still had to pull out my id for dvc and ap discounts. so so quick. no more fumbling for anything.

2. no need for rope drops for big rides, but i still like rope drop anyway just to avoid alot of people in general.

3. no need to take a card in and out to get in park anymore. i put my band on my camera bag strap all week and went. it never came off cause that bag is with me all the time.

that's about it.

jim

Planning Thanksgiving Park/Cruise Trip!

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/60184887@N08/
jimim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:46 AM   #4
FLchick415
DIS Veteran

Me and my family are RD people. Always have been. Probably always will be. We like being able to get a lot done first thing in the morning that way we can move at a more leisurely pace the rest of the day. We've never been big on pulling FPs, so FP+ might work out just great for us. We test it out for the first time in December. I'll let you all know how it goes.

~*All Star Movies*~*Port Orleans French Quarter*~*Wilderness Lodge*~*Pop Century(x4)*~*Caribbean Beach Jamaica*~*All Star Music*~*Countless other times off site*~
FLchick415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:51 AM   #5
GrimGrinningGhost25
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimim View Post
ok i'll bite. this thread might go down hill but lets hope it doesn't
You may be right but I hope it doesn't either!

I know it is buggy, and I know there have been issues. But I feel like if I focus on all that I might have a bad taste before I even get down there.

I'm a project coordinator so I understand about testing but I'm also excited to try the new technology.

I'm just trying to have a positive outlook regarding all this stuff! 😀

"My dearest friend, if you don't mind, I'd like to join you by your side. Where we can gaze into the stars and sit together, now and forever. For it is plain as anyone can see we're simply meant to be" - Jack & Sally

April '90 (offsite), Oct 2006 (AS Sport), Dec 2009 (POR), Sept 2010 (PC), May 2011 (BLT), Feb 2012 (BW), June 2012 (SSR), Jan 2013 - Our Wedding~Simply meant to be~(BWV), Nov 2013 (BC)
Old 10-21-2013, 11:53 AM   #6
GrimGrinningGhost25
Mouseketeer

Ooo charging!! Totally forgot about that! This is our first F&W and I feel like this is going to be one of the best parts of using a MB.

We also have ticket AP and were told by CM to also keep them on person for discounts.

Old 10-21-2013, 11:57 AM   #7
Bonnie151
DIS Veteran

We're half way through our second week here and I absolutely love FP+. I hate needing to be at a park for rope drop. Right now it's 11:55AM, we're still lazing about our villa and I know we can wander over to Epcot in a bit with FP+ already booked for TT and Soaring. THIS is how I like to holiday and yes, I know I am in a tiny tiny minority.

Yes I can spell, but my iPad quite often thinks I'd rather type gibberish.
Bonnie151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:59 AM   #8
HopperFan
"It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess. One of those "circle of life" kind of things."

12 Days of FP+ in Sept

1) Never had to try to get my room key out of my bag after a long day, just flip my arm up and we were in.
2) Never worried about locking myself out going for ice because it was on my arm.
3) Checking out at counter service at resort, no digging or balancing my tray, just put my arm down there.
4) Gate scanners seemed to read with more success rate than the old card scanners.
5) 12 days of practicing for the loss of GAC - FP+ was huge. We only used the GAC 4 times.
6) Travel with disabled son, felt like it was a second form of identification on him and while he hates anything on his arm (medic id comes off immediately in room) he loved his band.
7) Resort gate never flinched when my band was put to the scanner, room key was always a repeat issue.
8) Not have to rush my son who is disabled in the morning to hurry up and get to parks completely changed his attitude and our days were improved. That goes for lots of us.
9) Charging to room - HUGE improvement from resort key - it requires a PIN
10) Makes it so easy to shop, oh wait, maybe that's not a plus
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 for "COMPLIMENTARY" Dining

Making Magical Visits since 1971 ~ now visiting 5-6 weeks per year ON PROPERTY STAYS & Our Star Rating:
Animal Kingdom Lodge 2x ~ Wilderness Lodge
Coronado Springs 8x (1xBusClass) ~ PO Riverside 5x (1xRoyal) ~ Bonnett Creek ~ PO French Quarter
POP Century 15x ~ Hilton DTD 2x ~ Doubletree Suites DTD 3x ~ B Resort
All Star Movie ~ Wilderness Cabins ~ All Star Sports 3x
Caribbean Beach 2x (1xPirate) ~ All Star Music 2x
Lots of offsite, but somehow it never seems right, 'though Rosen Shingle Creek was luxury I could get used to !
HopperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:01 PM   #9
surferdave
Not hero DIS deserves, but the hero DIS needs right now

The single biggest improvement I saw was easy access to our resort room. I've always found magnetic swipe cards to be unreliable at motels everywhere, but the band opened the door reliably and effortlessly every time and you only needed one hand to do it. I did find that the band needed to be on the right arm for it to work this well, though, because it was awkward to use the left arm, but this was the only use of the band where it mattered.

Using it to link a photo to your photopass was also much better than either digging out a card every time they take a picture or getting another new photopass card for your pocket.

Of course, for better or worse, spending money was easier for the same reason.

Overall I didn't have any problems with the bands at all, although I know that wasn't everyone's experience.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:04 PM   #10
shellstar
Mischeif Managed

I'm happy to hear the other side of things. I'm a commando, rd kind of vacationer and although this is going to change my touring style, I like hearing the positive things about the new stuff.

Gives me time to wrap my head around what kind of vacation days I'm going to get.

Does anyone have a pic of their MB? I've been looking for one and am curious.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:04 PM   #11
jimandami
DIS Veteran

I am looking forward to being able to try new things in the morning (we are still RD people, mostly because our kids think 7 AM is sleeping in! I feel like we always do the same things in the mornings and miss out on some shows, character experiences, etc....this time, we have FP+ for TSM, ToT, and RnR all in the afternoon!
jimandami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:05 PM   #12
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

I love that I will no longer have to fight with my teenagers who would like to sleep late. They can sleep in, DH and I can go off to the parks and we can all meet up later and use the FP+ selections we have scheduled. Priceless!
MouseMomx2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:06 PM   #13
Maleficent Dragon
Member Since 2004; lost previous login details

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellstar View Post

https://www.google.com/search?q=disn...w=1538&bih=793

Maleficent Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:06 PM   #14
surferdave
Not hero DIS deserves, but the hero DIS needs right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellstar View Post
I'm happy to hear the other side of things. I'm a commando, rd kind of vacationer and although this is going to change my touring style, I like hearing the positive things about the new stuff.

Gives me time to wrap my head around what kind of vacation days I'm going to get.

https://www.google.com/search?safe=o...82.C8L7_-BmOq4
Old 10-21-2013, 12:10 PM   #15
jimim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimGrinningGhost25 View Post
Ooo charging!! Totally forgot about that! This is our first F&W and I feel like this is going to be one of the best parts of using a MB.

We also have ticket AP and were told by CM to also keep them on person for discounts.
i don't know if food and wine with the band was a good or bad thing though! lol we ended up spending over 200 between my wife and i the first night we went. so much good food this year!

jimi

Planning Thanksgiving Park/Cruise Trip!

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/60184887@N08/
jimim is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: