Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2013, 09:29 AM   #1
TinkerPug
Earning My Ears

Castaway Cay - First Cruise and Visit Question!

Hi Everyone! We are going on our first cruise Nov. 16 on the Fantasy. I had a question regarding our visit to Castaway Cay....

When we get off the ship and find our spots on the beach is it OK to leave our stuff there to have lunch, go get drinks and any activities we have scheduled? So far we have parasailing scheduled which should take about an hour or so.

Or do we need to pack up everything and take it with us? We will definitely take any valuables with us, but hoping it's ok to leave our towels, floats and other stuff there.

Thanks in advance!!
1983 - Treehouse Villas • 1996 - Contemporary • 1998 - Wilderness Lodge • 2005 - Grand Floridian • 2006 - Beach Club • 2007 - Beach Club Villas • 2008 - Polynesian • 2008 - Port Orleans French Quarter • 2009 - Animal Kingdom Lodge • 2011 - Contemporary • 2011 - Boardwalk • 2011 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
TinkerPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:47 AM   #2
JohnsPrincess
DIS Veteran

I think it really depends. The cruise we went on that went there, there were plenty of chairs where we could leave our things there while snorkeling and not feel like someone else was searching for a chair. What I mean is, I'm not sure what the ratio of chairs to cruisers is, so if you're getting ready to head out and there are tons of people searching for chairs, either condense everything to one or take it with you. But if there's some open, etc, I don't see it as a problem so long as it's nothing precious...just in case someone has sticky hands.

If it was a hammock, I'd say, be kind and pack your stuff up so someone else can use it because there are much less of those! :-)

DH39 Me34 Sebastian1 Daisy Aurora Willow AGD
Disney Cruise on the Wonder: Christmas 2009 & Dec 2013
Trips to Parks: Too many to count!
JohnsPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2013, 09:52 AM   #3
TinkerPug
Earning My Ears

Thank you! I want to make sure that we follow Castaway Cay "etiquette".
1983 - Treehouse Villas • 1996 - Contemporary • 1998 - Wilderness Lodge • 2005 - Grand Floridian • 2006 - Beach Club • 2007 - Beach Club Villas • 2008 - Polynesian • 2008 - Port Orleans French Quarter • 2009 - Animal Kingdom Lodge • 2011 - Contemporary • 2011 - Boardwalk • 2011 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
TinkerPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:02 AM   #4
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerPug View Post
Thank you! I want to make sure that we follow Castaway Cay "etiquette".
Your probably going to get many different answers to your question, so here's mine.

When we were on Serenity Bay in May, we left our things under our chair while we swam and played in the water. We stayed in for a bit and then came back and lounged for a bit and then went back in. When we decided to go ride bikes, we packed up everything in our backpack and went riding and had lunch. There was virtually no one on SB so I didn't feel that we were "hogging" the chairs.

Last June we were on the family beach and it was pretty crowded but we got two chairs for our family of 4. When we went to swim/snorkel/pelican plunge, we packed everything into our bag and put it under one chair. We didn't want to prevent anyone else from using our chair but we also didn't want to carry our things back to the ship since we would be using them.
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: