Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2013, 11:55 AM   #31
Redcon1
Mouseketeer

Maybe Disney should drop Donald from the FP- promotions and design a new character to promote FP+. They could call him "Glitch".
Old 10-21-2013, 12:00 PM   #32
JanaDee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcon1 View Post
Maybe Disney should drop Donald from the FP- promotions and design a new character to promote FP+. They could call him "Glitch".
Ha! Like I said last week when this happened, this isn't a glitch. This is how FP will be thanks to FP+.

I feel terrible for people that are there now, stuck in those terrible lines. What a letdown for them, especially if this is their first trip. :-(
JanaDee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2013, 12:09 PM   #33
dansamy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanaDee

Ha! Like I said last week when this happened, this isn't a glitch. This is how FP will be thanks to FP+.

I feel terrible for people that are there now, stuck in those terrible lines. What a letdown for them, especially if this is their first trip. :-(
I didn't think it was a glitch last week either, but I got promptly told that I was wrong. It had nothing to do with FP+. Period.

I keep trying to tell my coworker, who's going Thanksgiving week, staying at POR and has done NOTHING regarding FP+, that she needs to plan her FP+. Lead a horse to water...
dansamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:47 PM   #34
kayemgi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelina View Post
Mmm... Beverly!
Now we're waiting for The Seas, the standby line is out past the monorail track.
Given that this appears to be "the new normal" I'm wondering if we should change our FP+ selections...

I had originally booked Soarin' because it's so popular and we don't love it enough to wait in a long line for it. But if we miss out on Soarin', we wouldn't be all that upset. We didn't book The Seas because it's usually such a short wait. We'd be very upset if we missed this ride due to a crazy long line. If it's got such a long wait now, I'm wondering if we should switch our FP+ to be for Nemo instead of Soarin'... this is crazy!
kayemgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:48 PM   #35
wookiebeck
Fan of both WDW and USO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
Welcome to the wonderful world if FP+.
While I agree with you about the paradigm shift about to happen, that can't be the only reason here. FP+ is only being used by hundreds of people. What happens when 40K try to get their Sorain' and TT passes?
Old 10-21-2013, 12:52 PM   #36
metzgardesign
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Ayep.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3187150

This seriously a mess. I am actually happy we are not taking our annual fall WDW trip this year.

I will be interested in seeing how Disney addresses this train wreck. Or if they will just ride it into normalcy. I think (know) it will eventually end up costing them visitors.
metzgardesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:26 PM   #37
dansamy
DIS Veteran

We're going this December. Although we're DVC members, we're unlikely to return until next December. That should give this system time to mature a little. I'll reserve judgement until next December's trip.

I *do* see great potential for this system. I only hope that some of Disney's billion+ investment will go to overhauling some of the poorer, clunkier parts of this. It needs to run seamlessly. To do that, both the hardware and the software need to be up to snuff. For gosh sakes, my PHONE has a quad core processor and 1gb RAM. We used less computing power to land on the moon. It's time to at least come into the 2000s Disney!
dansamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:35 PM   #38
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanaDee View Post

I agree with you. I wish I didn't and was able to base it on something, but I really do think that this is the new FP system as we are going to have to get to know it

What other rides that previously didnt have FP have been added to the FP+ system at Epcot? Anything? I hope none of them are live yet ... because supposedly adding other attractions (the ones that typically don't need FP, if you know anything about the Disney parks) were going to draw some of the crowds out and disperse them in other parts of the parks, even if it was based on ignorance, or sheer desperation to ride something .... anything!

I can't see Disney being able to keep this system as it is without doing something about it. It's not like WDW has just appeared on the scene and there are no past experiences to refer to; they have thousands upon thousands of guests who have formed a clear understanding of the old system and who based expectations on what could be accomplished in a trip on this basis. We're not going to go down quietly

Just hope that the budget includes covering extensive additional staffing for Guest Services for a while!
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:44 PM   #39
ghtx
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanaDee View Post
Not quite. Once FP+ is rolled out, there won't be any more FP-, so you won't have to worry about FP- running out early in the day.

But I agree with you that this isn't a "glitch." FP- slots are being replaced with FP+ slots, so there are fewer FP- slots available, but everyone is still able to use FP- so they are running out earlier.

I am not sure why this is making everyone so upset.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:48 PM   #40
surferdave
Not hero DIS deserves, but the hero DIS needs right now

Quote:
Meet Disney's new MDE spokesperson.

Old 10-21-2013, 01:52 PM   #41
GrimGrinningGhost25
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelina View Post
9:15 and the standby line is 40 minutes and fast pass return is 5:55-6:55 On the bright side, I'm at Epcot! ddc4d
I love Epcot because visiting all the countries fascinates me. I also feel that it has the most to offer outside of the rides. Plus F&W is going on. Have you been yet? Do you have a favorite dish? I get on the red eye from Seattle in 11 days!!!

"My dearest friend, if you don't mind, I'd like to join you by your side. Where we can gaze into the stars and sit together, now and forever. For it is plain as anyone can see we're simply meant to be" - Jack & Sally

April '90 (offsite), Oct 2006 (AS Sport), Dec 2009 (POR), Sept 2010 (PC), May 2011 (BLT), Feb 2012 (BW), June 2012 (SSR), Jan 2013 - Our Wedding~Simply meant to be~(BWV), Nov 2013 (BC)
GrimGrinningGhost25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:55 PM   #42
Mr. Pig
I picked Monorail Coral so that it won't be lonely

I know we don't know the answer but are FP- being replaced by a one to one basis with FP+? I could see FP- running out quicker if they are cutting back. But if the total FP count is remaining the same why is the standby line so much longer? Is it just that more crowded? If there are fewer FP total then the standby line could be longer but it should move faster.
In between - Too many times to count
Mr. Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:57 PM   #43
DisneyMountainWoman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferdave View Post
Meet Disney's new MDE spokesperson.

I love this
DisneyMountainWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:00 PM   #44
MarieA
DIS Veteran

My DD was at WDW from 10/7 - 10/13. She had the MagicBand and used FP+. She did not like FP+ at all. She said the MagicBand was okay for certain things but did not like making FP reservations ahead of time and also did not like that you couldn't get FP's in more than one park each day. She said that standby lines were extremely long (she thought it was because of the Food and Wine Festival). We've been to WDW a couple of times during F & W and the only park that was ever really crowded was EPCOT on the weekends. I think the long standby lines are due to the FP+ system.

When she returned she had to fill out a survey regarding the whole MagicBand system. When filling out the survey, she let them know that she didn't like the FP+ system. Hopefully they will listen to guest feedback and make changes to the FP+ system.

I am hoping this is all resolved before our trip in May. We do not like to plan ahead of time and usually pick the park we are going to visit each morning at breakfast. My DH and I definitely will ask for cards instead of the MagicBand as neither one of us wants to wear anything on our wrists.

5/2010 HHI, BLT, 5/2011 - BCV, 5/2012 - BCV, 11/2012 - BCV, 5/2013 - BCV, 5/2014 - BCV, 11/2014 - BCV

MarieA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:10 PM   #45
Bouncin-Tigger
DVC + DIS = Expensive Habit

We are here now and it is busy. Fast pass plus saved the day we were able to get soarin, test track, and mission space done early with hardly a wait. And we got a every ride we wanted to ride done in like 4 hours at MK yesterday. It's a great option to be able to change attractions on the fly. Only advice I have is STOP listening to touring sites for crowd levels and best park which day and do a little reading and you will easily be able to figure the best touring plan for u and ur family. Too many people read those charts like they are scripture.
10/19-10/26 1br BLT
2014 TRIPS
5/29-6/9 1 br SSR
8/1-8/8 Art of Animation
12/13-12/21 1 br BLT
Bouncin-Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: