Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2013, 09:09 AM   #106
Tikiman
He kuikawa ka 'ikena o kela wahi ho'oku ka'a e waiho kala'e ihola ma 'o!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karriealex View Post
I would never refill but I have over filled a bit. But I guess even that is abusing the system so I won't do that anymore either. I don't want to see them take the self serve away.

Steve, Do you know what is happening with the computer ordering system at Capt. Cooks? We have been getting reports that they are covered and you have to order through a CM.
From time to time the system will have problems communicating the orders to the kitchen. I don't know if that is what is happening now or if it is a software thing or maybe they are changing the menu but I am sure it will not be down for long.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:18 AM   #107
karriealex
When I am at the Polynesian I am home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikiman View Post
From time to time the system will have problems communicating the orders to the kitchen. I don't know if that is what is happening now or if it is a software thing or maybe they are changing the menu but I am sure it will not be down for long.
From what I am hearing it has been down for several days. Capt Cooks runs a little slowly using the system. I can't imagine how it is without it. I was just hoping it didn't have anything to do with the construction and that it would be back up quickly. Guess I am a little concerned that this could be the start of the GCH work. Just want to be prepared. Wont ruin my time there I will just plan meals a little differently.
Register to remove

Old 10-30-2013, 12:46 PM   #108
leannak
Mouseketeer

Question

We have a Chef Mickey's reservation at 6:45 the night we arrive. Will we be able to watch the torch lighting ceremony before heading to our dinner, or is that cutting our time too short?

In a related note, are the torches still functioning? I heard they might shut down with the construction.
leannak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:02 PM   #109
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannak
We have a Chef Mickey's reservation at 6:45 the night we arrive. Will we be able to watch the torch lighting ceremony before heading to our dinner, or is that cutting our time too short?

In a related note, are the torches still functioning? I heard they might shut down with the construction.
What time is the torch lighting ceremony? It shouldn't take too long to get to CM's from Poly. You can either take the boat from Poly to MK and then walk over to CR or you could take the resort monorail with CR being the 3rd stop.

Sent from my Galaxy SII
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise for 2014.

DznyCrzy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:06 PM   #110
karriealex
When I am at the Polynesian I am home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
What time is the torch lighting ceremony? It shouldn't take too long to get to CM's from Poly. You can either take the boat from Poly to MK and then walk over to CR or you could take the resort monorail with CR being the 3rd stop.

Sent from my Galaxy SII
I believe in the past the torch lighting ceremony was at 6 PM
Old 10-30-2013, 01:07 PM   #111
DznyCrzy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by karriealex

I believe in the past the torch lighting ceremony was at 6 PM
Hhhhmmm, yeah that might be cutting it kind of close depending how long it lasts.

Sent from my Galaxy SII
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise for 2014.

Old 10-30-2013, 01:26 PM   #112
Mommy2TwoMickeys
DIS Veteran

SOOO Excited To Say That We Added A Night On To Our Upcoming 5 Night Trip With That Being Said, We Will Spend Our First Night In Disney At The Polynesian Before Our 5 Night Vacation At The VGF 9 days And Counting Until I Hear Aloha

P.S. SINGLE DIGIT DANCE

Last edited by Mommy2TwoMickeys; 10-30-2013 at 01:49 PM.
Mommy2TwoMickeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:53 PM   #113
peteykirch
Mouseketeer

peteykirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:01 PM   #114
leannak
Mouseketeer

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannak View Post

I believe the torch lighting is at 6:00 and takes under 15 minutes. But I've never been there so I could very well be wrong.

Do we need more than a half hour to get from the Poly to Chef Mickey's?
leannak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:08 PM   #115
monorailsilver
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post
DH & I just got back on Thursday (we stayed at the BC) but went over to the Poly for dinner and decided to walk around to check out construction and the resort a little more since my youngest DD really wants to stay here next August. We love the Poly but were really surprised by how small the main pool is. I know this may be a moot point since there has been so much talk about the pool closing after the new year but if by chance it is open in August, is it big enough for all the Poly guests? All I keep thinking is that it will be elbow to elbow in that pool. Anyone stay during a busy month that can share their experience with the pool?
We were there the beginning of August. I can tell you the pool at mid day break time/early afternoon was crowded. It was hard to get a seat or even 1 chair to throw my towels on so they would stay dry.

But on the weekend it was less crowded since they were patrolling the area and wrist banding and kicking people out.

I can tell you on our pool days I was at the pool by 8 at one of the tables that I could sit and see the whole pool and the castle...ahhh.... And what was even better was that my dh and kids were either in the room sleeping or just waking up and I had the pool to myself those 3 non park day for about an hour, occasionally a straggler.

And at night it was even more crowded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly3mom View Post
Dole whips at captain cooks you get a free refill? I thought I saw someone post that on this forum. 21 days we will be sinking our toes in the poly beach sand! Whoot!!
I don't think there was a refill either but my 12 yo made some masterpieces! And she ate the entire thing!
June 1975 Golf Resort & Polynesian August 1977 DL off site April 1990 WDW off site May 1981 Polynesian July-August 1985 Polynesian July-August 1987 Polynesian/Floridian July-August 1990 Beach Club May 1994 All Star Sports/Polynesian June 1995 Wilderness Lodge/Dixie Landings February 1997 off site/Wilderness Lodge March-April 1999 Engagement Trip February 2000 Polynesian August 2002 Polynesian July 2005 Polynesian August 2008 Polynesian August 2013 Polynesian and I think there were a few more trips here & there but I have lost track.
monorailsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:37 PM   #116
Silly3mom
Earning My Ears

I am relieved to hear no refills on dole whips. On our last cruise that is all kids wanted to eat. Plus I was thinking what a mess with kids running back and forth refilling cups.
Silly3mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:37 PM   #117
DznyCrzy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannak

I believe the torch lighting is at 6:00 and takes under 15 minutes. But I've never been there so I could very well be wrong.

Do we need more than a half hour to get from the Poly to Chef Mickey's?
No, you shouldn't need more than a half hour to get there. That's actually the amount I was thinking you would need, just so you can leisurely take your time getting there.

Sent from my Galaxy SII

Old 11-01-2013, 12:23 AM   #118
blueyonderprincess
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly3mom View Post
I am relieved to hear no refills on dole whips. On our last cruise that is all kids wanted to eat. Plus I was thinking what a mess with kids running back and forth refilling cups.
That made me laugh! Oooh, I can't wait to try one for the first time!

me DS12 DD10
blueyonderprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:10 AM   #119
peteykirch
Mouseketeer

Touch screen kiosks are up and running again at Captain Cooks
peteykirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 05:54 AM   #120
IlovemesomeGoofy
Earning My Ears

8 sleeps until our honeymoon visit. Spending our firsts few nights at the Poly and containing the excitement is becoming harder by the day!!

JP and PJ

Family Trip, April 2009 Off-site
PJ's 1st Disney Trip, November 2012 POR]
Honeymoon Trip, November 2013 POLY/POR!!!
Mitchell Family First Visit and ME!, February 2014 All Star Music
IlovemesomeGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: