Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-28-2013, 10:47 AM   #76
karriealex
When I am at the Polynesian I am home!
 
karriealex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: 3 hours south of the most magical place on earth!!
Posts: 850

Quote:
Originally Posted by howeusaf View Post
We are going next August, how do we personalize our magic bands?
When you get close there will be a link on My Disney Experience.com that will allow you to pick the color you want and also have the name of the person on it and will link to your reservation, tickets, and dining plan. There are also sleeves and trinkets you can buy at the resort to put on your magic bands also.
__________________
karriealex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:48 AM   #77
howeusaf
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by karriealex View Post
When you get close there will be a link on My Disney Experience.com that will allow you to pick the color you want and also have the name of the person on it and will link to your reservation, tickets, and dining plan. There are also sleeves and trinkets you can buy at the resort to put on your magic bands also.
Thank you so much!
howeusaf is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-28-2013, 11:49 AM   #78
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran
 
mommyrosa2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,854

DH & I just got back on Thursday (we stayed at the BC) but went over to the Poly for dinner and decided to walk around to check out construction and the resort a little more since my youngest DD really wants to stay here next August. We love the Poly but were really surprised by how small the main pool is. I know this may be a moot point since there has been so much talk about the pool closing after the new year but if by chance it is open in August, is it big enough for all the Poly guests? All I keep thinking is that it will be elbow to elbow in that pool. Anyone stay during a busy month that can share their experience with the pool?
__________________
1997:Travelodge-DTD| 2005:ASMu| 2007:POP| 2009:CSR| 2010:AKL| 2011:BC CL| 2012:BC CL| 2013:BC CL| Oct. 2013:BC|Aug. 2014:GF| Oct. 2014: CR CL &YC CL| Dec. 2014: CSR| Jan 2015: CSR|Aug 2015: CR CL & Poly CL

mommyrosa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:44 PM   #79
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post
DH & I just got back on Thursday (we stayed at the BC) but went over to the Poly for dinner and decided to walk around to check out construction and the resort a little more since my youngest DD really wants to stay here next August. We love the Poly but were really surprised by how small the main pool is. I know this may be a moot point since there has been so much talk about the pool closing after the new year but if by chance it is open in August, is it big enough for all the Poly guests? All I keep thinking is that it will be elbow to elbow in that pool. Anyone stay during a busy month that can share their experience with the pool?
I think currently it is not too small for the resort. We have stayed there in the hottest part of August and in the middle of December, and it's never been too crowded. We've always been able to get a table or loungers without a problem.

It may end up too small once the resort has more guests due to the DVC when it is done. But, I'm not sure what the plans are for the rehab... Maybe they plan to make it larger, I don't know yet. We are waiting on some more news before we make a ressie for next August. I think we can deal with the construction, but not the construction and no main pool.
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:46 PM   #80
buzzmom12
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 145

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post
DH & I just got back on Thursday (we stayed at the BC) but went over to the Poly for dinner and decided to walk around to check out construction and the resort a little more since my youngest DD really wants to stay here next August. We love the Poly but were really surprised by how small the main pool is. I know this may be a moot point since there has been so much talk about the pool closing after the new year but if by chance it is open in August, is it big enough for all the Poly guests? All I keep thinking is that it will be elbow to elbow in that pool. Anyone stay during a busy month that can share their experience with the pool?
We stayed this past August and I never thought the pool was too crowded. We swam everyday and night and never felt packed in.
__________________
buzzmom12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:36 PM   #81
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran
 
mommyrosa2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,854

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
I think currently it is not too small for the resort. We have stayed there in the hottest part of August and in the middle of December, and it's never been too crowded. We've always been able to get a table or loungers without a problem.

It may end up too small once the resort has more guests due to the DVC when it is done. But, I'm not sure what the plans are for the rehab... Maybe they plan to make it larger, I don't know yet. We are waiting on some more news before we make a ressie for next August. I think we can deal with the construction, but not the construction and no main pool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzmom12 View Post
We stayed this past August and I never thought the pool was too crowded. We swam everyday and night and never felt packed in.
Thanks...I'm glad to hear from folks who experienced it first hand as we left wondering if it would fit everyone. We too can handle some construction but no pool and the possibility of no GCH - that will be a dealbreaker for us, for sure.
__________________
1997:Travelodge-DTD| 2005:ASMu| 2007:POP| 2009:CSR| 2010:AKL| 2011:BC CL| 2012:BC CL| 2013:BC CL| Oct. 2013:BC|Aug. 2014:GF| Oct. 2014: CR CL &YC CL| Dec. 2014: CSR| Jan 2015: CSR|Aug 2015: CR CL & Poly CL

mommyrosa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 04:08 PM   #82
peteykirch
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 328

Why did they cover up the touch screen ordering kiosks at Captain Cook?

Slows things down so much more now.
peteykirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:38 PM   #83
karriealex
When I am at the Polynesian I am home!
 
karriealex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: 3 hours south of the most magical place on earth!!
Posts: 850

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch View Post
Why did they cover up the touch screen ordering kiosks at Captain Cook?

Slows things down so much more now.
Could be a computer problem. Are you there now and this is happening or did you read that on one of the previous posts?

We have stayed at the Poly numerous times and all different times of the year including this past August which was scortching hot. We never found the pool to be too crowed any of the times we went. Busy yes, but over crowded no.
__________________
karriealex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:50 PM   #84
CNYGuy
When can I go back again???
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Posts: 104

Soooo excited...

We will be eating dinner at Kona in less than 48 hours...

Mostly packed, ressies in place, FP+ too, MNSSHP tix in hand...

__________________
1978 - FW
1981 - FW
1983 - FW
2002 - CR (Anniversary)
2006 - CR (Conference)
2008 - GF (Concierge)
2012 - GF (Kids + Grandparents = Tired)
2013 - Poly- CL at Hawaii
CNYGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:58 PM   #85
peteykirch
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by karriealex View Post
Could be a computer problem. Are you there now and this is happening or did you read that on one of the previous posts? We have stayed at the Poly numerous times and all different times of the year including this past August which was scortching hot. We never found the pool to be too crowed any of the times we went. Busy yes, but over crowded no.
I'm there now checked in yesterday. Both days the kiosks were covered with a menu board.
peteykirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:12 PM   #86
karriealex
When I am at the Polynesian I am home!
 
karriealex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: 3 hours south of the most magical place on earth!!
Posts: 850

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch View Post
I'm there now checked in yesterday. Both days the kiosks were covered with a menu board.
That is weird. Must be having computer issues or something. I can't imagine why they would take them down because it takes long enough with them up and running. Could you ask one of the CM's so that we know if this is just temporary? Would be greatly appreciated.
__________________
karriealex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:40 PM   #87
HeyIt'sMe
For Tag Fairy's Use only
That weed whacker just intimidates me somethin' fierce!
 
HeyIt'sMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Indiana
Posts: 2,640

Quote:
Originally Posted by karriealex View Post
That is weird. Must be having computer issues or something. I can't imagine why they would take them down because it takes long enough with them up and running. Could you ask one of the CM's so that we know if this is just temporary? Would be greatly appreciated.
We were at the Poly Oct 19-26 and the first day the kiosks were down was either Fri 10/25 or Sat 10/26 so it's been several days already. I didn't ask about it while we were there since our trip was almost over and I figured it was a temporary thing. Now I'm curious to know what's up!
__________________
Me (Debbie) DH (Steve) DD (Emily)


1970s - Contemporary: Nov 1975
1980s - Offsite: Jun 1985
1990s - Polynesian: Oct 1991, Oct 1993

2000s - Polynesian: Sep 2000, Oct 2001, Sep 2002, Oct 2003, Oct 2004, Oct 2006, Oct 2008
2010s - Polynesian: Oct 2010, Oct 2011, Oct 2012, Oct 2013 / Grand Floridian: Oct 2014
Planning Next Trip: Polynesian: Oct 2015
HeyIt'sMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:01 PM   #88
samacita
Mouseketeer
 
samacita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 356

Nine days!! Single digits! I cannot wait to sink my toes into Poly sand (if there's any left, that is...).
samacita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:01 AM   #89
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic
 
Tinkerbellie16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mile High Rockies
Posts: 3,757

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post
Thanks...I'm glad to hear from folks who experienced it first hand as we left wondering if it would fit everyone. We too can handle some construction but no pool and the possibility of no GCH - that will be a dealbreaker for us, for sure.
I have the same feedback as other folks. I actually found both pools at WL to be more crowded than the Poly! While we love the volcano pool at the Poly, we end up at the East pool equally (and possibly more) than we end up at the volcano pool. We've always been able to find seating, including a shaded table, and typically only share it with a few other people - if anyone at all! It is less hectic than the main pool and still close enough you can go to the pool bar or captain cooks Hope that helps!
__________________
DH ME DS (12) DD (10)


6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Tinkerbellie16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:15 AM   #90
tinkerpea
DIS Veteran
 
tinkerpea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: RAF Henlow England
Posts: 2,216

Hi all are the rooms in Raratonga all refurbished? I don't want an old room but this location looks good
Thanks
__________________



Me 29,DH 33,DS 12, DS"Twins"9
tinkerpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: