Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2013, 03:28 PM   #61
karriealex
When I am at the Polynesian I am home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rymahoney View Post
What's his website?
http://www.tikimanpages.com/poly/
Old 10-24-2013, 09:13 PM   #62
Dominion
Mouseketeer

We are 45 days out and all paid up!!! I am SOOOO excited!

We've been planning since February...felt like it would never get here, and now of course, I feel like I'll never be ready. :-)

One question...does anyone know if I could have Edible Arrangements deliver something to the Poly? We are going to celebrate my parent's 45th wedding anniversary and I looked at the Disney Florist options, but my parents don't drink and my mom is allergic to most flowers, so I'm trying to come up with some other treats to have in their room. We are staying club level so would we at least be able to pick it up from the concierge desk or might they deliver it to their room?

Thanks!!
Offsite 2003
Poly CL December 2013 - First family trip!

Dominion is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2013, 09:21 PM   #63
minniebeth
I count on y'all to keep me up to date ;)
I'm ok going up, just can't go down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by karriealex View Post
Woohoo!!
I've been following Tikiman site for a long time now! I was so sad to hear it going and I'm THRILLED to see this! Thank you Steve for all the years of dedication and loyalty to the Polynesian. I know you've touched many, but have helped to make many of our wonderful trip memories!
Now...how to tell this to my DH, whose printer ink I literally wiped out printing pages of info for future reference...

Looking forward to our stay in January for Marathon Weekend!

Avenger's 1/2 Marathon!
minniebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:23 PM   #64
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominion
We are 45 days out and all paid up!!! I am SOOOO excited!

We've been planning since February...felt like it would never get here, and now of course, I feel like I'll never be ready. :-)

One question...does anyone know if I could have Edible Arrangements deliver something to the Poly? We are going to celebrate my parent's 45th wedding anniversary and I looked at the Disney Florist options, but my parents don't drink and my mom is allergic to most flowers, so I'm trying to come up with some other treats to have in their room. We are staying club level so would we at least be able to pick it up from the concierge desk or might they deliver it to their room?

Thanks!!
Awesome!!!!! Yes, the wait can be torturous, haha.

What a great place for your parents to celebrate their 45th anniversary!!! Congratulations to them! I have no idea if Edible Arrangements will deliver but that's a great idea, hopefully someone else on this thread will know the answer. I do believe there is a WDW bakery that can deliver items to the room.

Sent from my Galaxy SII
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise for 2014.

DznyCrzy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:27 PM   #65
JessicaNY
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by karriealex View Post
Samoa is closer to the construction than Fiji and one side of it faces the volcano pool which can get kind of loud. Areotoa is also a nice longhouse. One side faces the monorail and the other the garden, lagoon, and theme park. There are standard (garden view rooms) on the side that faces the lagoon and theme park. I am not sure if you would hear the monorail if you were facing it but I cant imagine it would be loud based on how it sounds coming into the stop when you are outside. I would go with either of these two if it were me. In fact that is probably what we will ask for in December.
Thank you! I didn't give much consideration to Aotearoa, but I think I need to have that and Fiji as my top choices. Thank you for the info. The Poly probably isn't in our budget for every future Disney trip, so I want to be sure this stay is a great one, especially in light of the renovations.
JessicaNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:34 PM   #66
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaNY

Thank you! I didn't give much consideration to Aotearoa, but I think I need to have that and Fiji as my top choices. Thank you for the info. The Poly probably isn't in our budget for every future Disney trip, so I want to be sure this stay is a great one, especially in light of the renovations.
You definitely won't be disappointed with Fiji. My DH and I stayed in Fiji our 1st stay at the Poly and requested it every time after that, so yeah, it's the only longhouse we've stayed in but we love it!! Aotearoa also looks like a great one. In fact, when you exit Fiji you are facing Aotearoa.

Sent from my Galaxy SII
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise for 2014.

DznyCrzy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:49 PM   #67
heidia
Mouseketeer

At the poly now. Checkin was so easy and our room was ready for us as soon as we got in (noon). Got a 3rd floor room in Tokelau as requested. Have a view of the lagoon and contemporary....and the green fences. But it's still very nice. Construction isn't bad at all, so relieved! Everything is beautiful and relaxing. Fireworks from the beach are amazing!! Magic bands work great so far! It's only our second day so will write more on that later. Yay poly!!!!
Old 10-25-2013, 08:56 PM   #68
howeusaf
Earning My Ears

Ok I am new to this DIS thing. We have been to disney several times and usually stay at CBR however, this year we are going all out since my husband is coming back from deployment an we will be celebrating our 10th anniversary!!!! We are staying at the Poly next August. Which long house would you recommend? Any tips? There will be my hubby, mom in law, our 4 yr old son and myself.
howeusaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:03 PM   #69
rymahoney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by howeusaf View Post
Ok I am new to this DIS thing. We have been to disney several times and usually stay at CBR however, this year we are going all out since my husband is coming back from deployment an we will be celebrating our 10th anniversary!!!! We are staying at the Poly next August. Which long house would you recommend? Any tips? There will be my hubby, mom in law, our 4 yr old son and myself.
Check tikiMan pages. He has a really good break down of all long houses. Google tikiMan Disney.
rymahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 02:12 PM   #70
Pirate Mickey mom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniebeth View Post
Woohoo!!
I've been following Tikiman site for a long time now! I was so sad to hear it going and I'm THRILLED to see this! Thank you Steve for all the years of dedication and loyalty to the Polynesian. I know you've touched many, but have helped to make many of our wonderful trip memories!
Now...how to tell this to my DH, whose printer ink I literally wiped out printing pages of info for future reference...

Looking forward to our stay in January for Marathon Weekend!
We arrive Saturday of marathon weekend for a 7 night stay! So excited!

1998 offsite, Jan 2010 CB, Nov 2010 POR, Mar 2011 Swan, Jan 2012 AKL Kidani Village/Disney Dream/CB, Jan 2013 Poly/Disney Fantasy, Jan 2014 Poly, January 2015 POR/Disney Dream
Pirate Mickey mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 02:56 PM   #71
peteykirch
Mouseketeer

Checked in today, got a third floor room at Samoa.

Loving the balcony although the view isn't the greatest.
peteykirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 04:21 PM   #72
HeyIt'sMe
For Tag Fairy's Use only
That weed whacker just intimidates me somethin' fierce!

We are just back from our Oct 19-26 trip to the Polynesian. It was wonderful as usual.

Longhouse ----- We were in Samoa 3608 - Nanea pool side, 3rd floor with balcony. We arrived around 10:30am and our room was ready which was a very nice surprise.

The view from our room was great (pictures below) but it's not the quietest location. In the afternoon it gets loud even with the balcony/patio doors closed because of the noise from all the swimmers (lots of kids screaming and having fun) and the daily pool party (loud music + MC on the microphone). And early in the morning (before 7:30am) the CMs were out with leaf blowers blowing the sand & leaves from the pool deck/walkways. This wasn't a problem for us but I could see it being a problem if you had little ones that need to nap in the afternoon or if your family likes to sleep in.

Captain Cook's ---- On Friday 10/25 & Saturday 10/26 the touch screen order kiosks were covered with menu boards and you had to place your order with a CM at a podium. I didn't ask about it so I am not sure why the set-up had changed and if it was temporary. I got the adult grilled cheese and couple of times and it was yummy. I just wish Captain Cook's was bigger and setup differently.

GCH ----- We wanted to get some family pictures in front of the water feature in the GCH since this will be our last visit before the changes take place. A CM offered to take our picture and when I said "I want to get some pictures before y'all go and change the place" he smiled and said "I don't know what you are talking about" (wink, wink, nod, nod)

Snake! ----- In all the years we've stayed at the Poly this is the first time we've ever seen a snake. It was in the water by the little bridge by the pool. We don't know what kind it was....it was orange.

Construction ----- the heavy machinery was in full force on Sunset Point. Sad to see the area being torn apart but I'm anxious to see what it will look like once the bungalows are in.

Here's the view from Samoa 3608:

Looking straight ahead:

Looking right:

Looking left:

1970s - Contemporary: Nov 1975
1980s - Offsite: Jun 1985
1990s - Polynesian: Oct 1991, Oct 1993

2000s - Polynesian: Sep 2000, Oct 2001, Sep 2002, Oct 2003, Oct 2004, Oct 2006, Oct 2008
2010s - Polynesian: Oct 2010, Oct 2011, Oct 2012, Oct 2013
Trip Planning in Progress - Grand Floridian (sorry Polynesian): Oct 2014
HeyIt'sMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:12 AM   #73
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Yikes, I have so much to report on but life is so crazy that I don't get time to reply to this thread!! We stayed at the Poly 10/13-18 and had a fabulous time - as usual! Some pics I wanted to share:

Tokelau 1st floor vending machine and pricing:

Coca-cola vending machine - sorry the prices aren't showing up!

Premium cabana photos:

Just ignore our used towels

Fruit tray - um, partially eaten Kids couldn't resist it while I fiddled with my camera!

Tokelau 2nd floor sitting area:

Tokelau 1st floor sitting area:

Captain Cooks breakfast - Kids egg/bacon platter (not shown - grapes and hot beverage), Cheese danish (the best I have EVER had!!!), and a Mickey waffle OF COURSE

Tokelau room 1901 photos (first room on left as you enter from the pool side and it faces pool side):

Magic Bands - pre disaster Note to others that travel on conference ticket types - you will be forever screwed up in the Disney system - 3 trips now all screwed up because of me having a conference ticket for one of my tickets. After several trips to the front desk (and my husband saying 'why can't we just call them??? Why do we have to WALK to the front desk?? Oh, trust me…I waited 3 hours one time thinking I called the "front desk" … anyway…), they had to rebook our entire reservation and some of our fastpass+ delinked (although they said they wouldn't) but at least we stopped getting locked out of the room!! But Poly treated us much better than my disastrous problem with Beach Club - well, same problem but they denied it. (And then Poly confirmed it - nice job Beach Club ). Poly made sure we had some extra uber fast passes in case ours didn't work so we just used those if we had an issue.

Okay, that's all for this installment of "The Polynesian Days of Our Lives"

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Tinkerbellie16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:05 AM   #74
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch View Post
Checked in today, got a third floor room at Samoa.

Loving the balcony although the view isn't the greatest.
Have a great trip Petey!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:49 AM   #75
howeusaf
Earning My Ears

We are going next August, how do we personalize our magic bands?
howeusaf is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: