Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2014, 11:53 AM   #496
jandkmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandee23 View Post
For those staying at the Polynesian, is there still a nice beach area to sit and view the fireworks from?
Yes, there's still a beach in front of the volcano pool to the end of the Hawaii building, complete with chairs. The construction is on the former Sunset Point, to the right of that area.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:39 PM   #497
FutureMayor
Earning My Ears

Thanks for seeing things as they are.

Posters... thanks for seeing my post objectively and as additive. I'm a new poster, but a long time observer. I've got the same reservations (in some ways literally) as many people in here and realize that for most they represent a significant investment in time and money. We all want accurate and timely information. Hopefully we can all help each other outline what's happening down there so we can enjoy the Poly the way we remember it - or how it has been described to us by other who love it. I'll continue to share what I know as long as you guys do the same.
FutureMayor is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2014, 05:02 PM   #498
Tallent
Mouseketeer

boats

What time do the MK launches start running? How often do they run? Thanks
Old 01-22-2014, 07:46 AM   #499
Tinkl0ver66
Earning My Ears

I've heard it was confirmed that the Volcano pool refurbishment has been pushed back to August!! If this is true I am super excited!! We were going in June regardless, but now knowing that the pool may still be open is awesome news!!
Tinkl0ver66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:52 AM   #500
Tinkl0ver66
Earning My Ears

I heard it was confirmed that the refurbishment of the Volcano pool was pushed back to August. If this is true I'm super excited!! We were going in June regardless, but this is awesome news!!
Tinkl0ver66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:27 PM   #501
thunderjones
Earning My Ears

I'm planning a trip to the Poly over DD's (6) Fall Break. Given the construction, I'm super nervous. I'm considering flipping to either the Contemporary or Beach Club, but I REALLY want the Poly. Being that close to MK and having such amazing theming is a real draw.

I don't particularly think the pool at the Contemporary is fantastic (someone tell me I'm wrong). I also really want to be close to MK, otherwise, Beach Club would be a terrific solution.

This Poly construction is driving me bananas.
thunderjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:01 AM   #502
poly princess
Mouseketeer

Polynesian..here I come

SO EXCITED
An opening became available at the Polynesian!
We were able to switch from CL WL to CL Poly..will be there in 2 weeks!

Is anyone back from Polynesian? Do they have yogurt in the morning?

Thank you!
Poly
Old 01-23-2014, 12:56 PM   #503
LoveMickeyMouse
Love taking my boys to see Mickey!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkl0ver66 View Post
I heard it was confirmed that the refurbishment of the Volcano pool was pushed back to August. If this is true I'm super excited!! We were going in June regardless, but this is awesome news!!
I hope you are right!!!! We are going in June as well. You just made my day!!!
Old 01-23-2014, 01:13 PM   #504
Jedimike
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkl0ver66 View Post
I've heard it was confirmed that the Volcano pool refurbishment has been pushed back to August!! If this is true I am super excited!! We were going in June regardless, but now knowing that the pool may still be open is awesome news!!
Does anyone know how long this refurb might last? Hopefully it doesn't push into December!
[2001 - All-Star Movies] [2007 - All-Star Music] [2009 - Caribbean Beach] [2011 - Animal Kingdom Lodge / Contemporary] [2012 - Grand Floridian] [2012 - Art of Animation (Little Mermaid)/ Polynesian] [2013 - Wilderness Lodge] [2014 - Polynesian]
Jedimike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:26 PM   #505
kvaughn13
Disney Worlder

Hello,
Do you know when in August this is happening?
kvaughn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:31 PM   #506
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poly princess View Post
SO EXCITED

Thank you!
Poly
Very Cool We were there back at the end of September and they did have yogurt. I only remember seeing strawberry. Have a wonderful time. Wish I was going there right now.

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-AOA,BLT,WL (DS 1st MVMCP)
Wanna be Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:46 PM   #507
Lsdolphin
Mouseketeer

Worth booking Club level?? .

We have booked standard room with Deluxe DP...there will just be two of us and neither one us will be drinking alcohol.
Is it worth the extra $100 plus per night to upgrade our reservation to club? I am thinking not.
We will not require assistance with any reservations everything is already planned.
Seems like a good plan for a family or those planning to consume beer or wine, etc. But is it a good idea for us ?
Lsdolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:01 AM   #508
DisneyRobin
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by poly princess View Post
SO EXCITED

Thank you!
Poly
Are you going in mid Feb? You may have my old room - I just switched to the Contemporary to get away from the construction!
The last time I did concierge level at the Poly, they had yogurt but you had to ask for it.
DisneyRobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:50 AM   #509
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

We stopped by the Poly a couple of days ago (1/21) to have breakfast at Kona and look around. We had last been there in November when we stayed one night in TPV Concierge.

Things are progressing on the over-water bungalows. They were driving more pilings for the walkways and I'm sure the folks along the water are finding this to be very noisy. I took a picture of the Castle from the walkway directly in front of the Hawaii concierge lounge which I will post shortly. In short, I think Disney is going to have to do something to maintain the magical experience from there.

Talked to a very nice CM in the lobby who said that the centerpiece fountain in the GCH will be torn down starting right about now. Sad.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:28 PM   #510
LoveMickeyMouse
Love taking my boys to see Mickey!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsdolphin View Post
We have booked standard room with Deluxe DP...there will just be two of us and neither one us will be drinking alcohol.
Is it worth the extra $100 plus per night to upgrade our reservation to club? I am thinking not.
We will not require assistance with any reservations everything is already planned.
Seems like a good plan for a family or those planning to consume beer or wine, etc. But is it a good idea for us ?

It is worth it to us, but we don't do the deluxe dining plan. For us, it is the best location at the Poly....right in the center of the resort.....near the GCH.....next to the pool....right on the beach... We tried club level because we wanted to be in that location, and really loved being there and having access to drinks and snacks. We don't drink either, but it is still worth it to us. Once you try it, it is hard to go back!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: