Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2014, 06:10 PM   #436
jandkmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Mickey mom View Post
We are garden view with a patio. We love the location!
We've stayed in Hawaii once and got a second floor room. No patio or balcony but we didn't mind because we were so close to the lounge I'm glad to hear that the construction noise isn't bothersome.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:53 AM   #437
DisneyMarv
Mouseketeer

i will be going to Disney for July 4 and thinking about staying at the Poly but now i hear the pool is going to be closed by then. Should i just book the Grand Floridian ?
“Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

DisneyMarv is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2014, 11:08 AM   #438
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Anyone in Hawaii now? Can you post any lounge food pics or menus? Just wondering if it's close to what is was like in 2009.

thanks
Old 01-15-2014, 11:40 AM   #439
lkrasnavage
Earning My Ears

We were there in august and the menu was exactly as posted on the poly thread. Everything was very good.
lkrasnavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:41 PM   #440
PolyAddict

Does Hawaii still only have one sink?

Thanks
Old 01-15-2014, 12:45 PM   #441
Tikiman
He kuikawa ka 'ikena o kela wahi ho'oku ka'a e waiho kala'e ihola ma 'o!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyAddict View Post
Does Hawaii still only have one sink?

Thanks
All rooms have 2 sinks.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:54 PM   #442
PolyAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikiman View Post
All rooms have 2 sinks.
That's great news for my group.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:56 PM   #443
PolyAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkrasnavage View Post
We were there in august and the menu was exactly as posted on the poly thread. Everything was very good.
thanks! That menu is so us compared to BWI last April.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:25 PM   #444
Pirate Mickey mom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyAddict View Post
Anyone in Hawaii now? Can you post any lounge food pics or menus? Just wondering if it's close to what is was like in 2009. thanks
Saturday: egg rolls and chicken skewers
Sunday: baked Brie and chicken skewers
Monday: California rolls and tuna sashimi
Tuesday: Conch fritters and a veggie wrap

I don't know what we will have tonight but everything has been great so far.

1998 offsite, Jan 2010 CB, Nov 2010 POR, Mar 2011 Swan, Jan 2012 AKL Kidani Village/Disney Dream/CB, Jan 2013 Poly/Disney Fantasy, Jan 2014 Poly, January 2015 POR/Disney Dream
Pirate Mickey mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:02 PM   #445
PolyAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Mickey mom View Post
Saturday: egg rolls and chicken skewers Sunday: baked Brie and chicken skewers Monday: California rolls and tuna sashimi Tuesday: Conch fritters and a veggie wrap I don't know what we will have tonight but everything has been great so far.
Hhmm the only day that matches the menu i saw is Monday.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:29 PM   #446
middlesista
Mouseketeer

Hi - We will be heading to WDW soon and have been thinking that we would love to be able to return in the Fall for the Food and Wine Festival. We have not stayed at the Polynesian in decades and are hopeful that a "bounce back" offer might allow us to once again be able to stay at the Polynesian. We travel with our two little granddaughters and a monorail resort would be a wonderful choice plus we have always LOVED the Polynesian.

My concern is that I have been reading about construction and it seems that the construction may have an impact on folks staying at the Polynesian through this Fall. Our other choices are either the Beach or Yacht Club (never stayed at either so do not have much info on these).

Would appreciate any suggestions or thoughts from folks....

Me DH DD DSIL DGD(5yr) DGD(2yr)

1975 OS 1978 DL 1986, 1988, 1990, 1995 Poly 2000 CBR2002, 2003 OS 2012, 2014 POFQ
middlesista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 08:25 PM   #447
mistysue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by middlesista View Post
Hi - We will be heading to WDW soon and have been thinking that we would love to be able to return in the Fall for the Food and Wine Festival. We have not stayed at the Polynesian in decades and are hopeful that a "bounce back" offer might allow us to once again be able to stay at the Polynesian. We travel with our two little granddaughters and a monorail resort would be a wonderful choice plus we have always LOVED the Polynesian.

My concern is that I have been reading about construction and it seems that the construction may have an impact on folks staying at the Polynesian through this Fall. Our other choices are either the Beach or Yacht Club (never stayed at either so do not have much info on these).

Would appreciate any suggestions or thoughts from folks....

I would think about how "park heavy" your touring is going to be and how many trips you think you will take to the magic kingdom. How old are the kids? My family absolutely loves the Yacht club, but we are the magic kingdom family. It is a solid 30 minute bus ride, plus waiting for the bus. Driving doesn't help because you have to park at the TTC and take the monorail. By the time you go back for a nap, one day going back and forth twice to the magic kingdom just fizzles the magic.

The tropical theme really doesn't appeal to me, (gives me anxiety actually) but we are picking staying at the poly just because of the ease of travel.

I like vacations.
mistysue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:28 AM   #448
FutureMayor
Earning My Ears

Construction Concerns Abated?

Construction at the Polynesian as relayed to me by Disney is only slated for the area around Sunset Point currently. The changes to the GCH remain limited to the Wyland Galleries closure. I have raised concerns over pool closures to anyone I can speak to at Disney - all of which I have documented - and they have all indicated that the pools should not be impacted during our stay (July 2014). I understand some people will be skeptical and that is justified. At some point you have to have some faith that information you get from Disney is credible at the risk of fraudulent conveyance.

We love the Poly and especially enjoy the pools. We do not want any disruption during our stay and will continue to check the status of construction. Of course, Disney reserves the right to do what they want to do, but taking their main pool offline during its peak use does not make a lot of sense.

If anyone has information to the contrary, I would welcome it assuming it's from a credible source.
__________________________________________________ _______________
Poly (2011), AKL (2011), BLT (2012), Poly (2012), AKL (2013), Poly (2013), Poly (2014)
FutureMayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:10 PM   #449
Tikiman
He kuikawa ka 'ikena o kela wahi ho'oku ka'a e waiho kala'e ihola ma 'o!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMayor View Post
Construction at the Polynesian as relayed to me by Disney is only slated for the area around Sunset Point currently. The changes to the GCH remain limited to the Wyland Galleries closure. I have raised concerns over pool closures to anyone I can speak to at Disney - all of which I have documented - and they have all indicated that the pools should not be impacted during our stay (July 2014). I understand some people will be skeptical and that is justified. At some point you have to have some faith that information you get from Disney is credible at the risk of fraudulent conveyance.

We love the Poly and especially enjoy the pools. We do not want any disruption during our stay and will continue to check the status of construction. Of course, Disney reserves the right to do what they want to do, but taking their main pool offline during its peak use does not make a lot of sense.

If anyone has information to the contrary, I would welcome it assuming it's from a credible source.
Poly (2011), AKL (2011), BLT (2012), Poly (2012), AKL (2013), Poly (2013), Poly (2014)
I assume you are saying my sources at Disney are not credible.

They were correct when years ago they said construction would start on DVC in September 2013 or that the GCH and the Neverland Club would be redesigned (which there are permits now out to prove). They were correct when they said Tahiti and Rapa Nui would not get the new room design even when the official schedule said they would be done in 2013.

If you think it is just spreading rumor and speculation I am happy to keep it to myself. I don't want to cause any anger or frustration. I just want people to be prepared for what those who are involved in the project are saying.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:33 PM   #450
camtheriot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMayor View Post

I am PRAAAYING you are right!!!

POR March 2013; Disney Fantasy Dec 2012; CBR Dec 2010; Poly May 2010; CBR Sept 2009; Poly May 2009; SSR May 2008
me (the planner), DH ,DS 14 , DD 8 , DS 6 , and DD 2
camtheriot is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: