Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2013, 09:25 PM   #286
Babsy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Everyone's opinion is different, but I found the rooms at the BC (haven't stayed at the YC, but the rooms at the BC are the same size) to be considerably smaller than the rooms at the Poly. The Poly rooms are very large and spacious, while the BC room seemed just a tad larger than WL and AKL rooms. That is just my personal opinion and as I said, others might feel differently, but I would definitely choose the Poly over BC/YC if room size is an issue. Also, all rooms at the Poly come with a daybed, which would only be a request at the BC/YC as not all rooms come with one.
You are right - the rooms at YC/BC are considerably smaller than those at the Poly. PLUS: Some are worse than others. Not all rooms have a daybed at YC/BC and those that do not are quite small. They only have one comfortable chair and a desk in addition to the beds and dresser. Personally, I would like to be able to book the room with the daybed at an additional cost. It makes a huge difference to the enjoyment of the room if both occupants are able to be comfortable simultaneously.
Babsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 05:52 AM   #287
DannyDisneyFreak
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

On January 5th we will be having dinner at Kona and planned on catching Wishes from the beach/pool area to hear the music, what's going on with construction and such? Is this a bad idea, is there a better spot?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-09-2013, 06:34 AM   #288
karriealex
When I am at the Polynesian I am home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyDisneyFreak View Post
On January 5th we will be having dinner at Kona and planned on catching Wishes from the beach/pool area to hear the music, what's going on with construction and such? Is this a bad idea, is there a better spot?
Shouldn't be a problem at the beach area. I would stay away from the pool only in that you may get carded and if you are not staying there you may be asked to leave. I don't think this wil happen at the beach. It may be a little more crowded than usual due to the fact that the beach in front of Tahiti is out of commission.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:00 AM   #289
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsy View Post
You are right - the rooms at YC/BC are considerably smaller than those at the Poly. PLUS: Some are worse than others. Not all rooms have a daybed at YC/BC and those that do not are quite small. They only have one comfortable chair and a desk in addition to the beds and dresser. Personally, I would like to be able to book the room with the daybed at an additional cost. It makes a huge difference to the enjoyment of the room if both occupants are able to be comfortable simultaneously.
That's interesting about the rooms as I wasn't aware that those without a daybed were smaller than the rooms with one. I find it strange that not all BC/YC rooms come with a daybed, especially since both resorts accommodate 5 + 1 under the age of 3.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:21 AM   #290
alex9179
DIS Veteran

When I looked up the size, different sites say that "most" rooms at YC are 381 sq ft. The room we'll have at the Poly is 415 sq ft, which worked really well for us last time.
alex9179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:35 AM   #291
DannyDisneyFreak
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karriealex View Post
Shouldn't be a problem at the beach area. I would stay away from the pool only in that you may get carded and if you are not staying there you may be asked to leave. I don't think this wil happen at the beach. It may be a little more crowded than usual due to the fact that the beach in front of Tahiti is out of commission.
Can you hear the music piped in? I've been told it's heard from near the pool area
Old 12-09-2013, 11:00 AM   #292
karriealex
When I am at the Polynesian I am home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyDisneyFreak View Post
Can you hear the music piped in? I've been told it's heard from near the pool area
I found you hear it more from the beach than from the pool area, I know the speakers used to be along the walkway in front of the beach.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:00 PM   #293
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Member of the RP Bad Girls Club
Mesmerized by Clay!
That feeling of accomplishment becomes addictive

Here now! In Samoa, facing volcano pool. Construction has had no impact on us yet - visually or noisewise. Beautiful, beautiful resort!!
CJK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:22 PM   #294
Skywise
DIS Veteran

Do they pipe the wishes show onto the TVs from within the rooms? I know they do that at the Contemporary but was surprised when the GF didn't.
Skywise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:50 PM   #295
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK View Post
Here now! In Samoa, facing volcano pool. Construction has had no impact on us yet - visually or noisewise. Beautiful, beautiful resort!!
Hope you are having a great time and enjoying the Poly. We stayed in Samoa and loved it as it's in a great location .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
Do they pipe the wishes show onto the TVs from within the rooms? I know they do that at the Contemporary but was surprised when the GF didn't.
AFAIK that's only done at the CR.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:04 PM   #296
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK View Post
We are on the second floor of Samoa also facing the volcano pool. I agree that construction has had no impact over here. Alas, we check out and head home tomorrow. Home has gotten 5 inches of snow since we left on Friday. I'm sad.

Sandi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:23 PM   #297
wvaspartan
In Stitch's Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
We are on the second floor of Samoa also facing the volcano pool. I agree that construction has had no impact over here. Alas, we check out and head home tomorrow. Home has gotten 5 inches of snow since we left on Friday. I'm sad.
sure but it has also gained a Big Ten title and Rose Bowl...lol..off topic I know...

Can't wait to go to Poly end of Jan!!!!
wvaspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:42 PM   #298
Miss Potts
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
Nope, they only do that at the contemporary! I cannot figure out why the Poly and GF don't do it.

Read my PTR:
The Adventures of Miss Potts - PTR Fall 2013

1987 Hilton / 1989 FW / 1991 CBR / 1993 BC / 1995 WL / 1997 Poly / 1998 BWI / 2001 BC / 2005 Poly CL / May 2005 WL CL / Dec 2005 WL CL / August 2006 WL / Jan 2007 Poly CL/Contemporary CL / 2008 WL / Jan 2009 Poly CL / Oct/Nov 2010 AKL (Engaged!) / Oct 2011 DCL Magic (Honeymoon!) / Oct 2012 OKW/BLT / Feb 2013 WL Club / Sept/Oct 2013 Poly CL
Miss Potts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:52 AM   #299
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvaspartan View Post
sure but it has also gained a Big Ten title and Rose Bowl...lol..off topic I know...

Can't wait to go to Poly end of Jan!!!!
And more than a few burned couch fires to melt the snow--spoken by a bitter Buckeye.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:21 AM   #300
Tikiman
He kuikawa ka 'ikena o kela wahi ho'oku ka'a e waiho kala'e ihola ma 'o!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess View Post
And more than a few burned couch fires to melt the snow--spoken by a bitter Buckeye.
Your going back for Food and Wine and I was not invited ?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: