Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2013, 10:44 PM   #226
ericstac
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the live review!!
2013 - Beach Club/Polynesian - Christmas
2014 - (May) Port Orleans Riverside
2014 - (July) Port Orleans French Quarter
2014 - (Dec) Port Orleans Riverside

EJ's Disney Pinterest Board

EJ's 2014 VLOG has Begun
ericstac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:50 PM   #227
Bonacker
Mouseketeer

Subscribing. (Eager to hear the answer to the "what time to leave for MK for early breakfast?" question. We're doing the same in Jan.)
Bonacker is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2013, 10:51 PM   #228
Bonacker
Mouseketeer

Ooops, subbing.
Bonacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:30 PM   #229
Dominion
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannak View Post

Also, holy toledo. Walked by Hawaii building and it looks like junk over there. So loud and messy looking with the yellow floats and general construction mess. I was surprised. It's so peaceful over on our side of the resort and the view of the castle includes absolutely no construction. You can't tell anything is going on from over here. I'm sad for the people stuck with that who are club level right now.
Oh this makes me sad. We are checking into club level in early December!! Although we are staying garden view - do you think that will make a difference? If our rooms look out onto the quiet pool instead of the lagoon? Maybe I should send the IPO a note that says "PLEASE DO NOT UPGRADE!!!"
Offsite 2003
Poly CL December 2013 - First family trip!

Dominion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:32 PM   #230
ericstac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
ericstac: We are in Arerotoa and LOVE it. Garden view but somehow were blessed with an amazing, unobstructed view of the castle, slightly "framed" by pretty trees. We have two connecting rooms with a patio. One room has a tree partially blocking the castle. The other is perfect. We can't believe it! We requested Fiji or Samoa with a balcony and got Arerotoa with a patio. But it's PERFECT. We could hear the Spirit of Aloha music, but I liked it. It wasn't loud enough to keep us awake. Also, since we're on ground floor we have to keep our drapes closed when we're changing, etc. but it's a price I'll happily pay for this view. Captain Cooks is conveniently on the way to the pool or the GCH. Just really couldn't be happier. Also, holy toledo. Walked by Hawaii building and it looks like junk over there. So loud and messy looking with the yellow floats and general construction mess. I was surprised. It's so peaceful over on our side of the resort and the view of the castle includes absolutely no construction. You can't tell anything is going on from over here. I'm sad for the people stuck with that who are club level right now. Quick question. We have an 8:10 Pre-park-open CRT breakfast tomorrow morning. What time should we get to the poly monorail station? Or is this one of those situations where we should go to TTC or use a boat, etc...
Leannak, where are the pics
2013 - Beach Club/Polynesian - Christmas
2014 - (May) Port Orleans Riverside
2014 - (July) Port Orleans French Quarter
2014 - (Dec) Port Orleans Riverside

EJ's Disney Pinterest Board

EJ's 2014 VLOG has Begun
ericstac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:36 PM   #231
chikinyellow
Earning My Ears

Aloha!! We just arrived today about noon. We did online check in and were able to do so without a line.

We requested a room with a balcony/patio and pack n play. We got a ground level in Tahiti. I don't know much about long houses, but I knew it was around the construction. They assured me if it was a problem that we could move.

Room 1041 in Tahiti had a bit of greenery with a view of the construction fence. The room had not been renovated and linens were worn. When we were on the patio, we could hear a loud humming from behind the fence.

I wasn't happy, so we requested a new room without a problem. Now we are in Tuvalu 3rd floor and if we look out the side of our balcony , we can see the beach and grand Floridian. I know it may sound petty, but there was a bell hop moving bags from 3 other rooms because they were staring at a fence. They had several other rooms available (they let me pick) and I don't understand why they are putting people in Tahiti.

Everything else going good though!! Kona for lunch tomorrow!!!
chikinyellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:36 AM   #232
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

Subbing - finally back on the DIS with less than two weeks to go!

me miss J my little princess (2)
BringingUpDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:01 AM   #233
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikinyellow View Post
Aloha!! We just arrived today about noon. We did online check in and were able to do so without a line.

We requested a room with a balcony/patio and pack n play. We got a ground level in Tahiti. I don't know much about long houses, but I knew it was around the construction. They assured me if it was a problem that we could move.

Room 1041 in Tahiti had a bit of greenery with a view of the construction fence. The room had not been renovated and linens were worn. When we were on the patio, we could hear a loud humming from behind the fence.

I wasn't happy, so we requested a new room without a problem. Now we are in Tuvalu 3rd floor and if we look out the side of our balcony , we can see the beach and grand Floridian. I know it may sound petty, but there was a bell hop moving bags from 3 other rooms because they were staring at a fence. They had several other rooms available (they let me pick) and I don't understand why they are putting people in Tahiti.

It's really disappointing that they would still be putting people in Tahiti! And you're right, it doesn't make sense when they had enough available rooms to let you choose where they moved you too. Glad they were able to accommodate you!

We arrive in 12 days. So hoping they don't put us in there, especially since this is a surprise trip for our girls for Christmas. Unfortunately we check in on the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend, so there likely won't be a lot of flexibility with moving to another room if that happens. We've requested Samoa, but I know it's a popular choice, so we'll be keeping our fingers crossed for a little pixie dust!

me DH DD23 DD12 DD9 Finnegan Daisy
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 GF
maiapapaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:03 AM   #234
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
ericstac: We are in Arerotoa and LOVE it. Garden view but somehow were blessed with an amazing, unobstructed view of the castle, slightly "framed" by pretty trees. We have two connecting rooms with a patio. One room has a tree partially blocking the castle. The other is perfect. We can't believe it! We requested Fiji or Samoa with a balcony and got Arerotoa with a patio. But it's PERFECT. We could hear the Spirit of Aloha music, but I liked it. It wasn't loud enough to keep us awake. Also, since we're on ground floor we have to keep our drapes closed when we're changing, etc. but it's a price I'll happily pay for this view. Captain Cooks is conveniently on the way to the pool or the GCH. Just really couldn't be happier.

Also, holy toledo. Walked by Hawaii building and it looks like junk over there. So loud and messy looking with the yellow floats and general construction mess. I was surprised. It's so peaceful over on our side of the resort and the view of the castle includes absolutely no construction. You can't tell anything is going on from over here. I'm sad for the people stuck with that who are club level right now.

Quick question. We have an 8:10 Pre-park-open CRT breakfast tomorrow morning. What time should we get to the poly monorail station? Or is this one of those situations where we should go to TTC or use a boat, etc...
Sounds amazing!! Can't wait for August. That's one of the longhouses I requested, that and Fiji, and balcony.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:14 PM   #235
DPCummerbund
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonacker View Post
Subscribing. (Eager to hear the answer to the "what time to leave for MK for early breakfast?" question. We're doing the same in Jan.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonacker View Post
Ooops, subbing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringingUpDisney View Post
Subbing - finally back on the DIS with less than two weeks to go!
FYI, you don't actually need to post "subbing" in a thread in order to subscribe to it. There's a box at the top of the page labeled "Thread Tools." If you click on that, there's another box labeled "Subscribe to this Thread."
DPCummerbund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:45 PM   #236
matthewhavens
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiapapaya View Post
It's really disappointing that they would still be putting people in Tahiti! And you're right, it doesn't make sense when they had enough available rooms to let you choose where they moved you too. Glad they were able to accommodate you!

We arrive in 12 days. So hoping they don't put us in there, especially since this is a surprise trip for our girls for Christmas. Unfortunately we check in on the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend, so there likely won't be a lot of flexibility with moving to another room if that happens. We've requested Samoa, but I know it's a popular choice, so we'll be keeping our fingers crossed for a little pixie dust!
We arrive on the 29th.

In the past we've always requested a longhouse but accepted what we get. It doesn't sound like we can do that this year.

It sounds like Tahiti has the worst of it. Is anyone there now or recently on property with other longhouses that should really be avoided because of the construction?

Thanks.
matthewhavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:32 PM   #237
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
ericstac: We are in Arerotoa and LOVE it. Garden view but somehow were blessed with an amazing, unobstructed view of the castle, slightly "framed" by pretty trees. We have two connecting rooms with a patio. One room has a tree partially blocking the castle. The other is perfect. We can't believe it! We requested Fiji or Samoa with a balcony and got Arerotoa with a patio. But it's PERFECT. We could hear the Spirit of Aloha music, but I liked it. It wasn't loud enough to keep us awake. Also, since we're on ground floor we have to keep our drapes closed when we're changing, etc. but it's a price I'll happily pay for this view. Captain Cooks is conveniently on the way to the pool or the GCH. Just really couldn't be happier.

Quick question. We have an 8:10 Pre-park-open CRT breakfast tomorrow morning. What time should we get to the poly monorail station? Or is this one of those situations where we should go to TTC or use a boat, etc...
So happy for you!! Enjoy and thanks for the up to date info!

Quote:

Glad they could accommodate you - and those other folks! I am really surprised they are still putting people in Tahiti!!! But I suppose they still want to sell rooms (even though other rooms are available???) Well, at least you got moved Enjoy your visit!

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Tinkerbellie16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:02 PM   #238
Dominion
Mouseketeer

Questions about rooms

Hi all,
We will be at the Poly in less than 3 weeks!! We haven't stayed in a hotel more than 2 nights with our daughters so I have a few questions about the rooms so that I can be better prepared for a week in the hotel! We are staying in Hawaii if that makes any difference...

1) Do the bathtubs have some sort of non-skid surface? Or is there a bath mat?

2) Is there a handheld shower attachment? (Obviously I am concerned with bathing them!!)

3) Is there a hardryer in the room? If so, is it a decent sized (strong) one or one of those that clips into the wall and takes 3 hours to dry long hair ?

4) We've rented a double stroller - is there space for that in the room??

5) Is the quiet pool actually quiet? Just wondering if it will be loud out there at night...we are staying GV so I assume we will overlook the pool. I have requested 3rd floor in case that makes any difference

6) How many luggage racks are in the rooms? Is it possible to request an extra (or 2?)

7) Can I get a bed rail? We just moved our 3 year old from a crib to a bed, but she still has a railing to keep her from falling out.

Thank you for any information on these questions!!!
Offsite 2003
Poly CL December 2013 - First family trip!

Dominion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:17 PM   #239
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks for the report! Glad you got moved to a nicer location. I don't understand either why they are putting people in Tahiti actually I thought it was closed. For what they charge per night, that's unacceptable IMO.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:14 PM   #240
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominion View Post
Hi all,
We will be at the Poly in less than 3 weeks!! We haven't stayed in a hotel more than 2 nights with our daughters so I have a few questions about the rooms so that I can be better prepared for a week in the hotel! We are staying in Hawaii if that makes any difference...

1) Do the bathtubs have some sort of non-skid surface? Or is there a bath mat?

2) Is there a handheld shower attachment? (Obviously I am concerned with bathing them!!)

3) Is there a hardryer in the room? If so, is it a decent sized (strong) one or one of those that clips into the wall and takes 3 hours to dry long hair ?

4) We've rented a double stroller - is there space for that in the room??

5) Is the quiet pool actually quiet? Just wondering if it will be loud out there at night...we are staying GV so I assume we will overlook the pool. I have requested 3rd floor in case that makes any difference

6) How many luggage racks are in the rooms? Is it possible to request an extra (or 2?)

7) Can I get a bed rail? We just moved our 3 year old from a crib to a bed, but she still has a railing to keep her from falling out.

Thank you for any information on these questions!!!
Definitely a hair dryer and plenty of space for the double stroller. I think no to the bath mat and no handheld shower unless you get a handicap accessible room. The quiet pool was active (not quiet but no blasted music or pool games like at the main pool), but quiet at night.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: