Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2013, 04:17 PM   #181
BreezysMom
DIS Veteran

Hi all and OH MY!!!

Long time no see Poly peeps!

After a very long detox from Disney trip planning I am off the wagon

We have decided on a trip next fall for F&W and basically love disney at Halloween time. The problem is I just cannot justify the cost for our biggest trip in three years to WDW by staying at the Poly with all that is going on there.

DD and DH are demanding a monorail resort but neither are fans of the GF and I am not a fan of CR at all. I am trying to convince them that if we stay at GF we can still walk to the poly and enjoy the dining and so forth.

Personally I would like to jump to an EPCOT resort but neither of them will entertain it.

I know there are greater tragedies in the world but I'm perplexed as to what to do

Advice and suggestions welcome
12/09 Poly CL
12/11 Poly CL
8/12 Poly C
10/14 GF

BreezysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 04:23 PM   #182
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezysMom View Post

We have decided on a trip next fall for F&W and basically love disney at Halloween time. The problem is I just cannot justify the cost for our biggest trip in three years to WDW by staying at the Poly with all that is going on there.

DD and DH are demanding a monorail resort but neither are fans of the GF and I am not a fan of CR at all. I am trying to convince them that if we stay at GF we can still walk to the poly and enjoy the dining and so forth.

Personally I would like to jump to an EPCOT resort but neither of them will entertain it.

I know there are greater tragedies in the world but I'm perplexed as to what to do

Come to Canada. No dilemma! (and we've got really good beer and poutine) Sorry, carry on

me DH DD22 DD11 DD9 Finnegan
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Magic Mediterranean
maiapapaya is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2013, 04:29 PM   #183
BreezysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiapapaya View Post
Come to Canada. No dilemma! (and we've got really good beer and poutine) Sorry, carry on
Always you!!!! I got your opinion earlier and you were no help

That picture you posted on FB was scary of the weather. Ill see you in June or July in Canada!
12/09 Poly CL
12/11 Poly CL
8/12 Poly C
10/14 GF

Old 11-13-2013, 04:35 PM   #184
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Always you!!!! I got your opinion earlier and you were no help

That picture you posted on FB was scary of the weather. Ill see you in June or July in Canada!
First, I just want to clarify I wasn't lurking in the thread - your post popped up in my email notifications and I couldn't resist stirring the pot!

For F&W I would pick BW, but if they are pushing GF or CR I would choose GF. And I even have thoughtful reasons ... to me, CR always seems a bit loud and chaotic, GF not at all; you can walk to the Poly from GF to get a fix for a dinner or Wishes on the beach; the GF has a nicer themed pool than CR. Was I more helpful this time?!

1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Magic Mediterranean
Old 11-13-2013, 04:55 PM   #185
BreezysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

For F&W I would pick BW, but if they are pushing GF or CR I would choose GF. And I even have thoughtful reasons ... to me, CR always seems a bit loud and chaotic, GF not at all; you can walk to the Poly from GF to get a fix for a dinner or Wishes on the beach; the GF has a nicer themed pool than CR. Was I more helpful this time?!
Did you say BW??????????? as in Boardwalk?? I think you meant BC I hope. I could not handle the torture of the clowns everywhere at the BW
12/09 Poly CL
12/11 Poly CL
8/12 Poly C
10/14 GF

Old 11-13-2013, 05:03 PM   #186
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Did you say BW??????????? as in Boardwalk?? I think you meant BC I hope. I could not handle the torture of the clowns everywhere at the BW
BC! BC! I meant BC! Not the clowwwnnnnsss!!

Old 11-13-2013, 05:44 PM   #187
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

Quote:

Quote:
Come to the dark side Breezysmom. . .BC is the absolute best for F&W! I'm seeing split stay. . .couple days at Polynesian and the balance of the time enjoying the EPCOT area! and this is a jester, not a clown although I really like BWI as well.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:34 PM   #188
leannak
Mouseketeer

Question

I know it's a personal decision, yada yada....

But we're bringing our kids and their grandma & grandpa (who love cheesy shows) to the Poly. We're going to the Luau on Saturday, which is currently forecast as 50% chance of rain. What to do?? Do they still have the show in case of rain? Should we cancel and try to find a reservation another place?

What would YOU do? Anyone??

(How long do I have to cancel? Until Midnight Friday? 24 hours? 48 hours??)
leannak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 06:53 PM   #189
BreezysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannak View Post
I know it's a personal decision, yada yada....

But we're bringing our kids and their grandma & grandpa (who love cheesy shows) to the Poly. We're going to the Luau on Saturday, which is currently forecast as 50% chance of rain. What to do?? Do they still have the show in case of rain? Should we cancel and try to find a reservation another place?

What would YOU do? Anyone??

(How long do I have to cancel? Until Midnight Friday? 24 hours? 48 hours??)
In my experience there is always a forecast of rain. I do not think they cancel the show for rain if I remember it is fairly covered BUT if they did cancel you should be able to get your $$ back for a weather cancellation.

I loved the Luau and so did DH and DD. It was cheesy and fun and the food was good IMO! Have a great time
12/09 Poly CL
12/11 Poly CL
8/12 Poly C
10/14 GF

Old 11-13-2013, 07:02 PM   #190
BreezysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess View Post
Come to the dark side Breezysmom. . .BC is the absolute best for F&W! I'm seeing split stay. . .couple days at Polynesian and the balance of the time enjoying the EPCOT area! and this is a jester, not a clown although I really like BWI as well.
Hi Terri!!!

I have been thinking of you the whole time with this decision! Right now I am pricing out different options and then we will decide. Actually, I have final decision rights as DD and DH are going to England for 10 days this spring for a soccer trip so this is my "consolation for not going trip" but in truth my cost for the England trip is about the same for our whole family to go to Disney for a week and while seeing London and the English countryside would be amazing, all the soccer and bus time will get old quickly so I made the ultimate sacrifice

I think I will wait and see how things play out the next few months but the good thing is that I am going back to Disney
12/09 Poly CL
12/11 Poly CL
8/12 Poly C
10/14 GF

Old 11-13-2013, 07:14 PM   #191
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
I'm in the same boat for August. Construction is around Sunset Point & Tahiti now I believe. So have a look at resort map and book a longhouse away from that. Samoa may be good. I don't think the volcano pool will be closed till January! Keep watching the construction updates. We loved Tokelau, but it's right next to Tahiti
We just booked for August today. We loved Tokelau too (our last stay there was in 2009!). We will be there August 23 to 28, following a 7 day DCL cruise.

Really wishing that we will escape the pool closure issue as the kids love a good pool, but I'll be happy to be there no matter what. I would hope they wouldn't shut down the pool during the prime summer months and would wait for fall or winter instead.

Trying to figure out what Longhouse to request instead of Tokelau...
Old 11-13-2013, 09:27 PM   #192
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Or she could come to BC, no crazy mayor there

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
We just booked for August today. We loved Tokelau too (our last stay there was in 2009!). We will be there August 23 to 28, following a 7 day DCL cruise.

Really wishing that we will escape the pool closure issue as the kids love a good pool, but I'll be happy to be there no matter what. I would hope they wouldn't shut down the pool during the prime summer months and would wait for fall or winter instead.

Trying to figure out what Longhouse to request instead of Tokelau...
We requested Fiji or that longhouse I can't seem to spell, Aoteroa I booked standard view. If you see a blond with wavy hair and a 28 yr old daughter with long dark curly hair say hi!! I'll be there checking in on 20th
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:31 PM   #193
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks! I left for work at 5:45am and just getting around to catching up on Dis!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:05 PM   #194
Walkie
Earning My Ears

We just got back from a ten day stay at the Poly and had a great time again. We were in Tokelau -our third time -but were a bit dismayed to discover the Quiet Pool is now anything but. It's now about 3' deep all the way around, and has essentially become a wading pool. Instead of a relaxing escape, with the sounds of polynesian music filling the air, it's essentially the Volcano pool minus the slide and activities. We would come back to the room mid-afternoon to unwind but couldn't actually relax due to all the noise from the pool area. We agreed that next time we'll probably ask for Fiji, just to be in a more quiet area. Kind of a bummer, but you gotta roll with the changes.
Walkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:05 PM   #195
leannak
Mouseketeer

Can anyone tell me if there are DVD players in the rooms? We are standard room, standard view.

Thanks!
leannak is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: