Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2014, 02:38 PM   #1636
ashnjam
Be the person you needed when you were younger

Quote:
Originally Posted by disny_luvr View Post
I know you didn't direct this question at me, but we just stayed in a standard view room at the beginning of August. We were in Samoa, third floor overlooking the quiet pool. We loved that building and location. We were very close to the GCH. There were no parking lots in sight.
Thank you very much disny_luvr that sounds perfect to me!
Myself (34) DW (35) DD (9)
Our first visit to Disneyland Oct 11-15 2012 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3039558
Our first Christmas visit to Disneyland Dec 7-12 2013 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3215509

ashnjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 03:49 PM   #1637
sotoalf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanJDis2014 View Post
Ok thank you. I'll have to ask disney next time I call.
There are character buses serving every hotel. Be at the bus stop no later than 6:30. If you tell the bus driver you're headed to Kona, he may drop you off at the Polynesian instead of MK. If not, take the bus or boat from MK.

Front desk cast members often don't know a thing about these buses, so don't ask them. Trust the men in the purple pants!
sotoalf is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2014, 04:01 PM   #1638
MissMaryQC
Mouseketeer

Dining at The Poly...

My fam and I will be in WDW next year for a big vacation. We were looking to have a dinner at the Poly; first we thought 'Ohana, but we weren't 100% sure. So we started looking into Kona Cafe for sushi. I went to the Disney web site to check out the menu, and then I saw Luau Cove... But I can't click it. I'm intrigued by the description "Buffet/Family Style, Unique/Themed Dining" not a ton of information there!! Does anyone know what this is, or will be? What is it?! I HAVE to know . Thanks in advance!!

MissMaryQC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 04:46 PM   #1639
MissMaryQC
Mouseketeer

Talking Oops

Well, I answered my own question: Luau Cove is where the Aloha Dinner Show is Thanks any way!

MissMaryQC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 12:38 AM   #1640
wendow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
The view of Wishes from the GF..particularly from the marina area where many people choose to watch from..is more distant of a view than from the Poly..and also much more a of side view... HTH...
Thank you, BlueSkies!
Old 08-26-2014, 12:38 PM   #1641
ashnjam
Be the person you needed when you were younger

Page 3 rescue!! Is anybody getting excited for their trip? What are you most looking forward to? Also anybody have any traditions you do the first day/night of arrival?
Myself (34) DW (35) DD (9)
Our first visit to Disneyland Oct 11-15 2012 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3039558
Our first Christmas visit to Disneyland Dec 7-12 2013 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3215509

ashnjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:33 PM   #1642
jandkmom
Mouseketeer

I'm sure this has been discussed before but I haven't been back in a while and I'm starting to ponder our next trip to Poly now…

We go to WDW and stay at the Poly every year for my kids' bdays, usually at the end of Jan. We've stayed in both Hawaii and Tokelau several times. We love the quiet pool and the convenience of the monorail from both the GCH and TTC (we have a DD in a wheelchair so accessibility is key). With all of the construction happening, is it still worth it to stay at the Poly? What will still be closed at that time? Tikiman, your advice been incredibly helpful all these years so we appreciate anything you have to say on the matter. Thanks!

Oh and I haven't missed any deals released for that time yet, have I? I think it's usually Oct.
jandkmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 02:01 PM   #1643
athyng
Mouseketeer

We leave in ten day and I can't wait! I can't wait to see my sons face when he sees the monorail, he's two. This is his first Disney trip and it will be so exciting to see everything through his eyes. The last time my husband and I went I bought a little onesie at the Polynesian knowing that one day we would have baby and someday we would have a family Disney trip. Even with the construction I am stilled excited- my son and I watch construction sites and shows just for fun! I have been keeping an eye on Tikimans FB page for updates( thank you! ) so I know roughly what to expect.
1987 Off site
1990 Off site
1993 CBR
1997 Off site
2002 OKW
2009 Contemporary
athyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 02:34 PM   #1644
LUVDisney1975
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashnjam View Post
Page 3 rescue!! Is anybody getting excited for their trip? What are you most looking forward to? Also anybody have any traditions you do the first day/night of arrival?
My trip is pretty far off but I'm still sooo excited!!!! I'm really looking forward to staying at the Poly! Two years ago we went to Aulani and absolutely LOVED it!!!! I'm thinking Poly will have the Aulani feel and it'll be like a two for one. Hawaii and WDW! What a great combo!!!!!

Disneyland May 1995 & August 1997
Aulani 2012
WDW July 2014 POR
Disney Cruise - Dream July 6-10, 2014
LUVDisney1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 03:05 PM   #1645
Cluelyss
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUVDisney1975 View Post
My trip is pretty far off but I'm still sooo excited!!!! I'm really looking forward to staying at the Poly! Two years ago we went to Aulani and absolutely LOVED it!!!! I'm thinking Poly will have the Aulani feel and it'll be like a two for one. Hawaii and WDW! What a great combo!!!!!
"Hawaii and WDW" - that is exactly how we felt during our stay last year!!

Me / DH / DD / DS
Cluelyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 04:06 PM   #1646
OnceUponATime15
Disney frequent flyer..

posted this earlier to another Poly thread....

Checked in to the Poly yesterday morning

Happy to try to answer any questions if I can..

We are truly enjoying it here the staff have gone way above & beyond to ensure our comfort & enjoyment of the Resort.

This morning we are at the quiet pool before heading to EPCOT this afternoon. There is most certainly construction noise, but it is def not obnoxious. You can tell there is allot going on at the Nanea (sp?) pool & can hear muffled indoor construction noises from Tokelau.

Having said that... we came back from AK yesterday at about 4:30pm and all was quiet & peaceful - it remained that way until this morning.

We have a full view of the Grand Floridian and the lagoon/beach from our 3rd floor room on Aotearoa - we were able to watch Wishes from our balcony last evening

We are here on that "August Special" from the TA not to be mentioned here...

Lagoon View, great building steps to GCH, not lacking for anything so far... $212 a night all taxes in -- we have no complaints!
Old 08-26-2014, 10:02 PM   #1647
PrincessP
Mouseketeer

With the monorail operating with limited hours....and resort monorails not starting until 8:30, how do you get from the Poly to the MK for an 8:05 ADR? The shuttle boats? Anyone know what time they start operations?
Thanks!

1977, 1982, 1989, 1992, OKW June 2002
Poly Sept 2009 - 1st trip for and with our own children!
Poly Sept 2010 - had so much fun we had to go again!
Poly Sept 2012 - another magical vacation
PrincessP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 12:46 AM   #1648
MillauFr
Buzz & Woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceUponATime15 View Post
We are truly enjoying it here the staff have gone way above & beyond to ensure our comfort & enjoyment of the Resort.

We have a full view of the Grand Floridian and the lagoon/beach from our 3rd floor room on Aotearoa - we were able to watch Wishes from our balcony last evening

We are here on that "August Special" from the TA not to be mentioned here...

Lagoon View, great building steps to GCH, not lacking for anything so far... $212 a night all taxes in -- we have no complaints!
We just got back. It should be a bit quieter now that our family has checked out of the Poly. The construction noise/dust was a complete non issue for us. I guess it just depends on what you are used to. We live in the middle of a big City (Seattle) and we are used to construction and freeway noise. The Poly seemed liked a quiet Oasis compared to what we live with on a daily basis.

We were also in Aotearoa on the ground floor facing the Monorail. We enjoyed the east pool, the quick trips to Magic Kingdom and Epcot using the monorail, eating at Captain Cooks, Kona Café, and Ohana. The staff was awesome and I enjoyed chatting with some of them. You could tell the job was more than just a paycheck for these people. They truly seemed to consider it a privilege to work at the Poly.
MillauFr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:03 AM   #1649
Cluelyss
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessP View Post
With the monorail operating with limited hours....and resort monorails not starting until 8:30, how do you get from the Poly to the MK for an 8:05 ADR? The shuttle boats? Anyone know what time they start operations? Thanks!
I've heard they have busses running to all parks for early morning ADRs, starting around 715/730.

Me / DH / DD / DS
Cluelyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:41 AM   #1650
soniam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cluelyss View Post
I've heard they have busses running to all parks for early morning ADRs, starting around 715/730.
They actually start at 6:30am.

WDW- 3/2015 (Port Orleans Riverside), 7/2014 (Polynesian), 6/2012 (Polynesian), DL- 6/2013, Universal- 3/2015 (Royal Pacific)
DCL- 8/2014 (7 night Fantasy WC Itinerary C), RCCL- 2/2010 (7 night Voyager WC), 4/2003 (7 night Voyager WC), 4/1998 (7 night Enchantment EC)
soniam is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: